What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your role in the industry?
Partner in small biz that builds homes but also commercial properties held long term. While the monetary policy has been good for everyone with low mortgage rates and leading to extremely low cap rates on income properties putting valuations at all time highs it's going to be like weening an addict off a cocktail of every drug possible. Also look at P/E of stocks with everyone chasing yield....hoping for the best but yikes. 

Day 1-Press conference making sure that you all know that the small inauguration photos were a result of the media
"framing" in order to make the crowd look small. In fact, this was the largest inauguration turnout ever. No questions,
just believe me. Thanks. We move on.
Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

Sean Spicer –

Verified account ‏@seanspicer

how come @pfeiffer44 isnt allowing @BarackObama to take questions from the media? ???
2:46 PM - 21 Nov 2011

Tom Skerritt said:
I think it's a fair question. Was wondering the same thing myself. 
After doing some research on it this afternoon, I still do not 100% understand, but from what I gather if you had a plan that did not meet the ACA standards you were forced to have a plan that does.  The part I do not understand is what the standards were that plans were missing and how widespread this was.  Oh well.  I have asked this question a number of times and either get ignored or a lmao smiley response every time.

Tom Skerritt said:
Dickies said:
Serious question.  What is preventing someone from keeping the plan they are on?
I think it's a fair question. Was wondering the same thing myself.
Some plans were discontinued because the ACA made them illegal, which the Obama administration knew would happen but obfuscated. It is quite fair to call Obama's statement a lie.

Mister CIA said:
When will Cheney rip off his Trump mask?

ETA: Enquiring minds want to know. I nearly asked this before reading the previous post.
Cheney rarely bothered to make up ####. He just did it, told you to go #### you yourself, and slithered back into his rejuvenation pod hidden behind the fireplace in the Roosevelt Room.

Could one surmise that "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan... [so long as it complies with the ACA]" was the intent of what was said?
I don't think so. I think the point of the statement was to (falsely) reassure people that their favored plan wouldn't be killed off by the ACA.

"If you like your plan, you can keep it as long as it gets grandfathered in according to some arcane rules, which in many cases it won't be" was not the message he was intending to send.

Walking Boot said:
I can't wait for the left to explode in rage when he walks out into a press conference and starts answering questions with "I won. Get over it." 
It took the right 8 years to get over Obama's presidency or, in other words, they never did.  Now those same people are whining about 2 month's worth of complaining from the left.  Get some perspective.  

Pretty clear that impressions of size matters to this guy. Looks like a weak spot. Sincerely hope he can overcome.

Alternative Facts

On Thursday, Jim Hoft, the founder of The Gateway Pundit, said the White House was giving his site an official press credential. The Gateway Pundit promoted hoaxes such as one alleging that protesters in Austin, Tex., were bused in by the liberal donor George Soros. (The originator of that story told The New York Times that his assertions were not supported by fact.)

The White House has not confirmed that it will credential Gateway Pundit, but Mr. Hoft’s announcement stoked anxiety among traditional reporters that the new administration will pack the pressroom with sympathetic organizations willing to promote falsehoods — or, perhaps, “alternative facts.” It’s one thing if that creates a false feedback loop about the size of an inauguration crowd — and quite another if it does so about a more important national security matter, as the CNN chief national security correspondent, Jim Sciutto, said over the weekend.

The operating principle behind the Trump administration’s communications strategy appears to be to flood the zone with a litany of lies in order to obfuscate the facts.

But obfuscation alone isn't sufficient for Trump. He also needs to do away with the distributors of facts, the news media. Trump's approach here follows the authoritarian playbook — denigrate and delegitimize the news media while simultaneously building up an alternative media of sycophants.

Trump’s verbal attacks on individual journalists are intended to intimidate, directly and indirectly. His words identify new targets of online and offline harassment for pro-Trump message board communities.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-trump-declares-war-facts-news-media-article-1.2953043

I voted for  Bill Clinton. I voted for Al gore. I voted Republican after that. Why? When i was younger, I wasn't working in the real world. I was once, what you would call a "millenial"...  Time/circumstances change people. Just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for  Bill Clinton. I voted for Al gore. I voted Republican after that. Why? When i was younger, I wasn't working in the real world. I was once, what you would call a "millenial"...  Time/circumstances change people. Just sayin.
That's great. I was a college Republican in the 90s and voted for Bush twice. But the party continues careening right and is now in the hands of wackadoos. Time/circumstances changed the party.

I did the opposite.  I started really raking in the income after I started voting for independents, dems and progressives.  

Just sayin.

Trump needs to get these women in his side. That's such a large volume of people who could be a part of your cohilition.

"Ladies I will never leave your side. Free birth control for every woman in America. Can we do that? Oh we can do that and we're going to do it America first."

My voting record has been all over the place. I have voted for Bush, Obama, Clinton, Snyder (Mi GOV). A few times where I abstained from voting because I didn't want blood on my hands. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread