What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too was conservative when I was younger but as I've gone through life I've seen how opportunities were far from equal depending upon where/to whom you were born.  I also think that we just can't turn our back on those who aren't as successful as some.  The conservative movement also continues to cling to antiquated christian morals with little tolerance of those who think differently.  We need to take the next step in our evolution as a country that all people are respected and cared for regardless if they're super productive and smart or a homeless drug addict. 

The biggest problem with Trump getting booted out is that Pence then takes over.  Right now I'd be more comfortable having Trump run in 2020 against a good Dem.  Pence isn't bat#### like Trump and could mobilize the religious nut jobs while keeping a decent piece of Trump's base if he sticks to the same playbook and if Trump hasn't burned all his bridges by then. 

MaxThreshold said:
Liberals, 2009-2015:  We don't care about the lies Obama said.  Besides, he's OUR GUY so it's okay.

Liberals, 2017-????: Can you believe all of the lies Trump is making?  I'M OUTRAGED!  WE SHOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS!
Honest, question.  Do you think the amount of disinformation coming from the Trump camp is at all concerning?  

Honestly, there are three separate things that we could track:

1. the Russia stuff.  We have a thread on this already.

2. the ethics/emoluments stuff:  An ethics group says it will file a federal lawsuit on Monday claiming President Trump is violating the Constitution by accepting payments from foreign governments through his business empire.

3. Trumps ongoing war on the Press.

All three of these really should have their own threads as these three items are all incredibly important and (hopefully) unrelated.  If we had a politics forum, I'd feel more comfortable starting threads on items 2 & 3.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Honestly, there are three separate things that we could track:

1. the Russia stuff.  We have a thread on this already.

2. the ethics/emoluments stuff:  An ethics group says it will file a federal lawsuit on Monday claiming President Trump is violating the Constitution by accepting payments from foreign governments through his business empire.

3. Trumps ongoing war on the Press.

All three of these really should have their own threads as these three items are all incredibly important and (hopefully) unrelated.  If we had a politics forum, I'd feel more comfortable starting threads on items 2 & 3.
Probably need a thread to track his 663 promises.

So far he's broken 34 out of 36 "Day One" promises.

https://thinkprogress.org/on-his-first-day-in-office-trump-broke-34-promises-683c957286dc#.u7vwa74ow

:lmao: ...that lawsuit has zero chance of leading to impeachment.  If that is the best the ACLU has, Trump is safe. 
I don't want impeachment.  I want Trump to be free and clear of entanglements and conflicts of interest.

Remember how the Right got all spun up about how stupid it was for Clinton to have her own e-mail server because regular Joes would be fired (if not thrown in jail) for being that loose with classified info?  Same thing for Trump.  The man literally would not be able to serve on his own cabinet due to all of his conflicts of interests.

No question that ties to the Russian hacks are the best possible precursor to Impeachment, not the conflicts of interest. And I, for one, would welcome Mike Pence over Trump in a heartbeat. The lesser of two evils by a mile.

Executive order pulls America out of TPP and states our intention to renegotiate NAFTA. 

Obviously I hate this but it's not surprising. However I'm curious because this is the second executive order that doesn't really do anything. On Saturday he signed one that intends to get rid of Obamacare. This one removes us from an agreement which hadn't been agreed to, and states another "intent", to renegotiate another agreement.

Are executive orders now going to be policy statements? 

The biggest problem with Trump getting booted out is that Pence then takes over.  Right now I'd be more comfortable having Trump run in 2020 against a good Dem.  Pence isn't bat#### like Trump and could mobilize the religious nut jobs while keeping a decent piece of Trump's base if he sticks to the same playbook and if Trump hasn't burned all his bridges by then. 
Can we impeach them both somehow and have Ryan take over?

Maybe start a rumor on how Melania caught Trump and Pence in bed together?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want impeachment.  I want Trump to be free and clear of entanglements and conflicts of interest.

Remember how the Right got all spun up about how stupid it was for Clinton to have her own e-mail server because regular Joes would be fired (if not thrown in jail) for being that loose with classified info?  Same thing for Trump.  The man literally would not be able to serve on his own cabinet due to all of his conflicts of interests.
The Emoluments clause specifically prohibits foreign gifts, titles and employment (emoluments) without approval of Congress.  Doing business is different than employment or gift.  It is also not clear if it applies to elected officials, history suggests it does not.   There is no legal precedence and it would probably be up to Congress and not a court to decide.  It is not even clear who has standing to bring the case.  Even with a victory, what could be won?  Money, for what and for whom?  Impeachment, purely up to Congress.   Some kind of court order, that might be entertaining but I don't see it. 

No question that ties to the Russian hacks are the best possible precursor to Impeachment, not the conflicts of interest. And I, for one, would welcome Mike Pence over Trump in a heartbeat. The lesser of two evils by a mile.
Pence is way too religious and hates gays. 

Pass.

Hey Trumpies...I know it will annoy you to hear the "impeachment" word thrown around for the next 4 years.  I agree it's annoying.  I also think it was annoying for the first 7 years of Obama.  It's almost like a system has been built where the losers complain incessantly until their guy is in there again.  Anyway, deal with it.  Some people have nothing better to do than to sit around and dream of ways that the current president that they didn't vote for can possibly get impeached.

Executive order pulls America out of TPP and states our intention to renegotiate NAFTA. 

Obviously I hate this but it's not surprising. However I'm curious because this is the second executive order that doesn't really do anything. On Saturday he signed one that intends to get rid of Obamacare. This one removes us from an agreement which hadn't been agreed to, and states another "intent", to renegotiate another agreement.

Are executive orders now going to be policy statements? 
"Executive order" has never been a designation that had any significance.  Some of them are clear exercises of authority delegated by Congress that have the force of law, some are administrative, some are empty policy statements.  You have to evaluate them on a case by case basis.

Neither of these executive orders are troublesome to me in form, and lord knows if Trump was doing something shady I'd be happy to point it out.  The substance, of course, is another issue.

Cliff notes ?
PRESIDENT TRUMP

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY, VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE. IT IS TRUE, THIS IS MY FIRST STOP OFFICIALLY. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SPEECHES. ALTHOUGH THEY DID TREAT ME NICELY ON THAT SPEECH YESTERDAY. [LAUGHTER] I ALWAYS CALL THEM THE DISHONEST MEDIA, BUT THEY TREATED ME NICELY. [LAUGHTER] BUT I WANTED TO SAY THERE IS NOBODY THAT FEEL STRONGER ABOUT THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY AND THE CIA THAN DONALD TRUMP. THERE IS NOBODY. [APPLAUSE] THE WALL BEHIND ME IS VERY SPECIAL. WE HAVE BEEN TOURING FOR QUITE A WHILE. AND 29? 28, WE HAVE TO REDUCE IT. WE APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IN TERMS OF SHOWING US SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL. AND YOUR WHOLE GROUP, THESE ARE SPECIAL AMAZING PEOPLE. VERY FEW PEOPLE COULD DO THE JOB YOU DO. I AM SO BEHIND YOU. I KNOW SOMETIMES YOU HAVEN’T GOTTEN THE BACKEND YOU HAVE WANTED, — THE BACKING YOU HAVE WANTED. YOU ARE GOING TO GET SO MUCH BACKING, YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, “PLEASE DON’T GIVE US SO MUCH BACKING. MR. PRESIDENT, WE DON’T NEED THAT MUCH BACKING.” YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE IT. THE MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT GENERALLY SPEAKING, BUT ALL OF IT. THE MILITARY GAVE US TREMENDOUS PERCENTAGES OF VOTES. WE WERE UNBELIEVABLY SUCCESSFUL GETTING THE VOTE OF THE MILITARY. EVERYBODY IN THIS ROOM VOTED FOR ME, BUT I WILL NOT ASK YOU TO RAISE YOUR HANDS. [LAUGHTER] BUT I WOULD GUARANTEE A BIG PORTION, BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH. [APPLAUSE] WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH. IT TOOK ABOUT 30 SECONDS TO FIGURE THAT OUT. WE KNOW, WE ARE ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH. BUT WE ARE GOING TO DO GREAT THINGS. WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THESE WARS FOR LONGER THAN ANY WAR WE HAVE EVER FOUGHT. WE HAVE NOT USED THE REAL ABILITIES THAT WE HAVE. WE HAVE BEEN RESTRAINED, WE HAVE TO GET RID OF ISIS. WE HAVE TO GET RID OF ISIS. WE HAVE NO CHOICE. [APPLAUSE] RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM — AND I SAID IT YESTERDAY, HAS TO BE ERADICATED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. THIS IS EVIL. AND I CAN UNDERSTAND THE OTHER SIDE, WE CAN ALL UNDERSTAND THE OTHER SIDE. THEY CAN BE WARS BETWEEN COUNTRIES, THIS IS SOMETHING NOBODY CAN EVEN UNDERSTAND, THIS IS A LEVEL OF EVIL WE HAVEN’T SEEN. YOU ARE GOING TO GO TO IT AND YOU ARE GOING TO DO A PHENOMENAL JOB, BUT WE ARE GOING TO END IT. IT’S TIME. IT’S TIME RIGHT NOW TO END IT. YOU HAVE SOMEBODY COMING ON WHO IS EXTRAORDINARY. FOR THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS OF SECRETARY OF THIS AND SECRETARY OF THAT AND ALL THESE GREAT POSITIONS, I HAVE SEEN 5, 6, 7, EIGHT PEOPLE. AND WE HAD A GREAT TRANSITION. WE HAVE AN AMAZING TEAM OF TALENT. BY THE WAY, GENERAL FLYNN IS OVER HERE. PUT UP YOUR HAND. [APPLAUSE] AND — HE WAS THIS POLITICAL GUY WHO TURNED OUT TO BE THIS SUPERSTAR. WE DON’T HAVE TO TALK ABOUT HIM. WE HAD SUCH A TREMENDOUS SUCCESS. WHEN I AM INTERVIEWING ALL OF THESE CANDIDATES THAT REINCE AND HIS WHOLE GROUP IS PUTTING IN FRONT, IT WENT VERY QUICKLY. AND IN THIS CASE IT WENT SO QUICKLY, BECAUSE I WOULD SEE SIX OR SEVEN OR EIGHT FOR SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE. SIX OR SEVEN OR EIGHT PEOPLE FOR A CERTAIN POSITION. EVERYBODY WANTED IT. BUT I MET MIKE, AND I WAS THE ONLY GUY WANTED TO MEET. I DIDN’T WANT TO MEET ANYBODY ELSE. HE WAS APPROVED, ESSENTIALLY. WHAT THEY’RE DOING A LITTLE BIT OF POLITICAL GAMES WITH ME. HE WAS ONE OF THE THREE. LAST NIGHT, AS YOU KNOW, GENERAL MATTIS AND GENERAL KELLY GOT APPROVED. [APPLAUSE] AND MIKE WAS SUPPOSED BE IN THAT GROUP, IT WAS SUPPOSED BE THE THREE OF THEM. THEY RESPECT THAT MILITARY SENSE. POLITICAL PEOPLE, THEY ARE NOT DOING SO WELL. WE ARE GOING TO GET THEM ALL THROUGH, BUT SOME OF THEM WILL TAKE LONGER THAN OTHERS. I HAD A GROUP OF NINE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. I DIDN’T MIND CANCELING EIGHT APPOINTMENTS, THAT WASN’T THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD. I MET HIM AND I SAID HE WAS SO GOOD. NUMBER ONE OF HIS CLASS AT WEST POINT. I’M A PERSON WHO STRONGLY BELIEVES IN ACADEMICS. I HAD AN UNCLE WHO WAS A PROFESSOR AT M.I.T. WHO DID A FANTASTIC JOB SO MANY WAYS ACADEMICALLY. HE WAS AN ACADEMIC GENIUS. AND THEN THEY SAY, IS DONALD TRUMP AND INTELLECTUAL? — AN INTELLECTUAL? AND TRUST ME, I’M LIKE A SMART PERSON. [LAUGHTER] HE WAS ESSENTIALLY NUMBER ONE AT HARVARD LAW SCHOOL AND HE RAN FOR CONGRESS. AND ANOTHER THING HE DID WAS A HOME RUN. PEOPLE LIKE HIM. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, EVERYBODY RESPECTS HIM. WHEN I TOLD PAUL RYAN I WANTED TO DO THIS, HE WAS FEELING PERSON WHO WASN’T TOTALLY THRILLED. HE SAID I DON’T WANT TO LOSE THIS GUY. BUT YOU WILL BE GETTING A TOTAL STAR, YOU ARE GOING TO BE GETTING A TOTAL GEM. HE’S A GEM. AND I JUST — [APPLAUSE] YOU’LL SEE. YOU’LL SEE, AND MANY OF YOU KNOW ANYWAY. AGAIN, WE HAVE SOME GREAT PEOPLE GOING IN. THAT THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING THAT’S GOING TO BE VERY SPECIAL. BECAUSE, IF THIS IS ONE THAT I HAD TO NAME — IF I HAD TO NAME THE MOST IMPORTANT, THIS WOULD BE ONE OF THEM. YOU DO THE JOB LIKE EVERYBODY IN THIS ROOM IS CAPABLE OF DOING, THE GENERALS ARE WONDERFUL AND THE FIGHTING IS WONDERFUL. BUT IF YOU GIVE THEM THE RIGHT DIRECTION, BOY DOES THE FIGHTING BECOME EASIER, AND BOY DO WE LOSE SO FEWER LIVES AND WIN SO QUICKLY. THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO. WE HAVE TO START WINNING AGAIN. WHEN I WAS YOUNG — AND OF COURSE I FEEL YOUNG, I FEEL A COME 30, 35, 39. — I FEEL LIKE I’M 30, 35, 39. FIVE STUNTS, SEVEN STOPS, SPEECHES IN FRONT OF 15,000, 19,000. WHEN I WAS YOUNG WE WERE ALWAYS WINNING THINGS IN THIS COUNTRY. WE WOULD WIN WITH TRADE, WE WOULD WIN WITH WARS, AND AT A CERTAIN AGE I REMEMBER HEARING FROM ONE OF MY INSTRUCTORS, THE UNITED STATES HAS NEVER LOST A WAR. AND THEN AFTER THAT IT’S LIKE WE HAVEN’T WON ANYTHING. THE OLD EXPRESSION, TO THE VICTOR BELONG THE SPOILS. YOU WOULD USE TO SAY KEEP THE OIL, I WASN’T A FAN OF IRAQ. BUT I TELL YOU, WHEN WE WERE IN, WE GOT OUT WRONG. I ALWAYS SAID IN ADDITION TO THAT, KEEP THE OIL. I SAID THAT FOR ECONOMIC REASONS. BUT IF WE KEPT THE OIL YOU PROBABLY WOULDN’T HAVE ISIS, BECAUSE THAT’S WHERE THEY MADE THE MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. BUT OK, MAYBE WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE. THE FACT IS WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE OIL. I BELIEVE THAT THIS GROUP IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT GROUPS IN THIS COUNTRY TOWARD MAKING US SAFE, TOWARD MAKING US WINNERS AGAIN, TOWARD ENDING ALL OF THE PROBLEMS. WE HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS THAT ARE INTERRELATED THAT WE DON’T NEED TO THINK OF, BUT ARE INTERRELATED TO THE KIND OF HAVOC IN FEAR THAT THIS SICK GROUP OF PEOPLE HAS CAUSED. I CAN ONLY SAY I AM WITH YOU 1000%, AND THE REASON YOU ARE MY FIRST STOP IS BECAUSE AS YOU KNOW I HAVE A RUNNING WAR WITH THE MEDIA. THEY ARE AMONG THE MOST DISHONEST HUMAN BEINGS. [APPLAUSE] AND THEY SORT OF MADE IT SOUND LIKE I HAD A FEUD WITH THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY. I WANT YOU TO KNOW, THE REASON YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE STOP IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. AND THEY UNDERSTAND THAT TOO. I WAS A CLEANING THE NUMBERS, WE DID A THING YESTERDAY, DID A SPEECH — DID EVERYBODY LIKE THE SPEECH? [APPLAUSE] WE HAD A MASSIVE FIELD OF PAPER. I GET UP THIS MORNING AND I TURN ON ONE OF THE NETWORKS AND THEY SHOW AN EMPTY FIELD. I MADE A SPEECH, I LOOKED OUT, THE FIELD LOOKED LIKE ONE MILLION, ONE POINT 5 MILLION PEOPLE. THEY SHOWED A FIELD WHERE PRACTICALLY NO PEOPLE WERE STANDING. AND THEY SAID DONALD TRUMP DID NOT DRAW WELL. IT WAS ALMOST RAINING. BUT GOD LOOKED DOWN AND SAID WE ARE NOT GOING TO RAIN ON YOUR SPEECH. WHEN I FIRST STARTED I SAID, OH NO, THE FIRST LINE I GOT HIT BY A COUPLE OF DROPS. THIS WAS TOO BAD, BUT WE WILL GO RIGHT THROUGH IT. BUT THE TRUTH IS IT STOPPED IMMEDIATELY, IT WAS AMAZING. AND THEN IT WALKED OFF AND IT POURED AFTER I LEFT. WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT’S AMAZING, BECAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE 1.5 MILLION PEOPLE. IT WENT ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT. AND BY MISTAKE I GET THIS NETWORK — AND IT SHOWED AN EMPTY FIELD AND SAID WE TO 250,000 PEOPLE. NOW THAT’S NOT BAD, BUT IT’S A LIE. WE HAD TO UNDER 50,000 PEOPLE LITERALLY — WE HAD 250,000 PEOPLE LITERALLY AROUND THE LITTLE BALL WE HAD CONSTRUCTED. THE AREA AROUND THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT WAS PACKED. I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO PAY IT BIG PRICE. HERE’S ANOTHER ONE THAT IS INTERESTING, IN THE OVAL OFFICE THERE IS A STATUE OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING. I ALSO HAPPEN TO LIKE WINSTON CHURCHILL, I THINK MOST OF US LIKE CHURCHILL. REAL ALLY. AS YOU KNOW THE CHURCHILL STATUE WAS TAKEN OUT, THE BUST. AND AS YOU PROBABLY ALSO HAVE READ, THE PRIME MINISTER IS COMING OVER TO OUR COUNTRY VERY SHORTLY, AND THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER I WOULD LIKE IT BACK. I SAID ABSOLUTELY. I HAVE BEEN ON THEIR COVER ABOUT 14 OR 15 TIMES. I THINK WE HAVE THE ALL-TIME RECORD IN THE HISTORY OF TIME MAGAZINE — IF TOM BRADY IS ON THE COVER, IT’S ONE TIME. I’VE BEEN ON 15 TIMES. I THINK THAT’S A RECORD THAT COULD NEVER BE BROKEN. I WILL SAY, THEY SAID — IT’S VERY INTERESTING. THEY SAID, DONALD TRUMP TOOK DOWN THE BUST, THE STATUE OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING. AND IT WAS RIGHT THERE. BUT THERE WAS A CAMERAMAN THAT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. SO TIME MAGAZINE WRITES A STORY ABOUT I TOOK DOWN — I WOULD NEVER DO THAT, BECAUSE I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING. BUT THIS IS HOW DISHONEST THE MEDIA IS. BIG STORY, THE RETRACTION WAS WHERE? WAS IT A LINE, OR DO THEY BOTHER PUTTING IT IN? I LOVE HONESTY, I LIKE HONEST REPORTING. I WILL TELL YOU FINAL TIME, ALTHOUGH WHEN YOU LEAD IN THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN TRYING TO COME IN, BECAUSE I AM COMING BACK, WE’RE GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE YOU — WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET YOU A LARGE ROOM — A LARGER ROOM. [APPLAUSE] AND MAYBE, MAYBE IT WILL BE BUILT BY SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO BUILD, AND WE WON’T HAVE COLUMNS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? WE GET RID OF THE COLUMNS. BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY I LOVE YOU, I RESPECT YOU, THERE IS NOBODY I RESPECT MORE, YOU ARE GOING TO DO A FANTASTIC JOB AND WE ARE TO START WINNING AGAIN AND YOU ARE GOING TO BE LEADING THE CHARGE. SO THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH, THANK YOU. I’LL BE BACK. I’LL BE BACK. THANK YOU. [APPLAUSE]

shader said:
I was talking about my own post.

The Healthcare thing is more along the lines of a broken promise, which all politicians do.  Doesn't make it right, it's just normal.  Lying about the facts of an event that happened less than 24 hours prior that can be easily debunked in 5 minutes of searching is something I doubt we will find evidence of. 
:lol:

-" PLEASE DON’T GIVE US SO MUCH BACKING. MR. PRESIDENT, WE DON’T NEED THAT MUCH BACKING.” YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE IT.

- trump reassures audience that most of the people in that room voted for him. They are on the same "wavelength."

- seems to be reliving his campaign and his victory.

- claims to be a smart guy. Had an uncle graduate from MIT.

- brags about his cabinet selections.

- blames media for his war with the CIA. Even though he himself made those remarks on Twitter. 

- claims 1.5 million attended his inauguration. 

ETA: pure gibberish. Amazing. 

Day 3. We need a thread title update. 

I'm sure he's pretty busy right now. Making us great again takes yuge work. 

Word is they are pulling out of TPP today. 

IF as of Friday we were in a state of AMERICAN CARNAGE......what does that give us license to call it if it gets worse? 

I AM SO BEHIND YOU. I KNOW SOMETIMES YOU HAVEN’T GOTTEN THE BACKEND YOU HAVE WANTED, — THE BACKING YOU HAVE WANTED. YOU ARE GOING TO GET SO MUCH BACKING, YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, “PLEASE DON’T GIVE US SO MUCH BACKING. MR. PRESIDENT, WE DON’T NEED THAT MUCH BACKING.” YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE IT. THE MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT GENERALLY SPEAKING, BUT ALL OF IT. THE MILITARY GAVE US TREMENDOUS PERCENTAGES OF VOTES. WE WERE UNBELIEVABLY SUCCESSFUL GETTING THE VOTE OF THE MILITARY. EVERYBODY IN THIS ROOM VOTED FOR ME, BUT I WILL NOT ASK YOU TO RAISE YOUR HANDS. [LAUGHTER] BUT I WOULD GUARANTEE A BIG PORTION, BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH. [APPLAUSE] WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH.
The speech was so awful that it's getting completely lost in the shuffle that the President of the United States pretty clearly thinks the CIA is part of the military.  Any other president would get grief for days about that, for Trump it might not even crack a list of the top five stupidest things he said in the speech.

The Emoluments clause specifically prohibits foreign gifts, titles and employment (emoluments) without approval of Congress.  Doing business is different than employment or gift.  It is also not clear if it applies to elected officials, history suggests it does not.   There is no legal precedence and it would probably be up to Congress and not a court to decide.  It is not even clear who has standing to bring the case.  Even with a victory, what could be won?  Money, for what and for whom?  Impeachment, purely up to Congress.   Some kind of court order, that might be entertaining but I don't see it. 
The strategy isn't just to bring lawsuits that will win.  Republicans brought a lot of dumb cases against Obama.  Just having this stuff out there helps sidetrack the administration.

The strategy isn't just to bring lawsuits that will win.  Republicans brought a lot of dumb cases against Obama.  Just having this stuff out there helps sidetrack the administration.
Really, just more fuel for Trump to claim victimhood.  That will be the biggest result of this. 

Yeah, but this is kind of like the birther suits, which I don't think distracted Obama.  The problem with the case isn't on the merits.  It's on justiciability.  

The speech was so awful that it's getting completely lost in the shuffle that the President of the United States pretty clearly thinks the CIA is part of the military.  Any other president would get grief for days about that, for Trump it might not even crack a list of the top five stupidest things he said in the speech.
I didn't think he was implying that the CIA is part of the military, but that the military would back the CIA.  But then, he rambles and who knows what was going on in his brain.

GoBirds:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/did-donald-trump-plagiarize-inauguration-165218334.html

Impeachment right guys?
The best part is that Trump asked the baker to make the cake out of styrofoam so that he could continue admiring Obama's cake for several days afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread