What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone let me know when your own life is any different than it was in October. Until then, go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air. It will help. 
Well I'm a rich white guy so there's very little, at least in the short-term, that is going to impact me personally in a negative way.  Of course the disconnect here is that I recognize there are actually other people here in this great country.  And right off the bat a bunch of them are going to be losing their ability to get healthcare so a bunch of upper middle class FBGs don't have to settle for a 65" 4ktv in their living room when they really had their heart set on the 75 incher.

In the long-term, on the other hand, well that's where I don't get you guys.  Every little piece of benign gun legislation is a "slippery slope" to the government seizing all our guns (and I own 3 myself), declaring themselves kings, and throwing all registered Republicans in prison.  Yet here we have a president that has already laid the groundwork that the only way he can lose an election is if it is rigged who is now spending all his time trying to discredit our own intelligence agencies and media so he can convince his swaths of followers that the only place to get the truth is straight from his lips and you're just sitting here wondering "hey, what could go wrong?".

Coeur de Lion said:
:lmao:  Well someone is certainly crying. Must have hit pretty close to home to get you that upset. You support the bigoted moron and it says a lot about you. Own it.
Yes, it hit so close to home. :rolleyes:

I have no problem owning that fact that I did and would again, vote for anyone other than Hillary. I guess that makes me racist somehow. 

He told the CIA we might invade Iraq again. I thought he was so proud that he was right about Iraq and it was the worst thing ever? Now he is saying maybe we should go back? 

ooofff... the thing is, I don't understand what kind of people just so obviously lie and then people just line up to follow them.  He is literally calling a square a circle and his supporters are agreeing.  
It's truly bizarre and makes no sense at all. And I don't wanna hear the lame "Hilary was worse" stuff either. The election is over and this guy is still doing this s**t that people lapped up no matter how clearly and obviously his lies are. I try to apply reason and common sense to things that occur in life but I'm positively baffled by this one. It defies all reason and common sense.  

Well I'm a rich white guy so there's very little, at least in the short-term, that is going to impact me personally in a negative way.  Of course the disconnect here is that I recognize there are actually other people here in this great country.  And right off the bat a bunch of them are going to be losing their ability to get healthcare so a bunch of upper middle class FBGs don't have to settle for a 65" 4ktv in their living room when they really had their heart set on the 75 incher.

In the long-term, on the other hand, well that's where I don't get you guys.  Every little piece of benign gun legislation is a "slippery slope" to the government seizing all our guns (and I own 3 myself), declaring themselves kings, and throwing all registered Republicans in prison.  Yet here we have a president that has already laid the groundwork that the only way he can lose an election is if it is rigged who is now spending all his time trying to discredit our own intelligence agencies and media so he can convince his swaths of followers that the only place to get the truth is straight from his lips and you're just sitting here wondering "hey, what could go wrong?".
And again ALL of this was laid out clearly by this guy for his entire campaign. Not a single soul on the planet should be surprised by what he does. He's doing everything according to the same plan that got him elected and has been his life's credo for decades. 

So I don't wanna hear anyone say "I never thought he'd do THAT." Of course he was gonna do it. You either were too ignorant to see it, chose not to care or endorse it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's truly bizarre and makes no sense at all. And I don't wanna hear the lame "Hilary was worse" stuff either. The election is over and this guy is still doing this s**t that people lapped up no matter how clearly and obviously his lies are. I try to apply reason and common sense to things that occur in life but I'm positively baffled by this one. It defies all reason and common sense.  
that's the really scary thing.   i've been told by his sheeple that he was doing this during the election and especially during the primary to draw attention to himself, but what's the possible reasoning now.   he's the effing president.  he has nothing better to do than to get offended by every random tweet or by actual facts.   

Yes, it hit so close to home. :rolleyes:

I have no problem owning that fact that I did and would again, vote for anyone other than Hillary. I guess that makes me racist somehow. 
Don't worry, Couer has been in a temper tantrum since early November.  Pretty much insulting everyone that doesn't vote like he does.

Even 5 year olds are telling him to "grow up".

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the really scary thing.   i've been told by his sheeple that he was doing this during the election and especially during the primary to draw attention to himself, but what's the possible reasoning now.   he's the effing president.  he has nothing better to do than to get offended by every random tweet or by actual facts.   
It's who he is. Bill Maher said it last night that Trump is Id. That's his personality and it's always been his personality. It was ridiculous to think it was gonna change if he got elected. It was only going to be intensified. 

I can't even imagine how much Obama had to just gracefully disregard. Eight years of it. Never once did I feel embarrassed by him. 

Don't worry, Couer has been in a temper tantrum since early November.  Pretty much insulting everyone that doesn't vote like he does.
Not true at all. I have no problem with McMullin, Johnson or Stein voters, nor with any of the various other independent candidates' voters. Anyone who left the top of the ballot blank is fine with me too.

Anyone actively supporting, voting for, and cheering on the completely unqualified bigoted  clown -- ####ing morons.

I will say that I liked Spicer's reasoning.

Look guys, those pictures of the entire venue were intentionally framed to mislead you about how many people were there. Here is a picture conveniently cropped to the area immediately surrounding the stage (which will obviously be the most dense) that gives a more accurate representation.

Sounds like the trumpsters meeting with staff at CIA headquarters went really well.

Trump spent much of his speech -- which he gave in front of a memorial wall that honors the 117 CIA officers who have fallen in the line of duty -- focusing on the size of the crowd size at his inauguration, his appearance on magazine covers and saying he "has a running war with the media."
:lmao:

Day 1-Press conference making sure that you all know that the small inauguration photos were a result of the media
"framing" in order to make the crowd look small. In fact, this was the largest inauguration turnout ever. No questions,
just believe me. Thanks. We move on.  :wall:
Isn't it great? I know exactly what I was voting for. He's great at so many things that it's hilarious he refuses to accept anything but 1st place in anything.

We got what we deserve. When we have 2 true options and both options suck, we are going to pay the price. Going to be an interesting time. Maybe entertaining is a better word.  
But we had more than 2options.  Many thatbstill defend him were onboard from the beginning and supported this crap in the primaries 

The Dallas Stars showed a shot of their crowd on the Jumbotron tonight with the caption

"tonight's attendance: 1.5 million"

:lmao:

Edit: found it 

https://twitter.com/unlikelyfanatic/status/823008705369276418
It will be interesting to see if he keeps fighting harder and harder making himself look worse and worse or if he will at some point realize the American people will not be forcefed bull#### and take it with a smile.

i think it will be the former. 

It will be interesting to see if he keeps fighting harder and harder making himself look worse and worse or if he will at some point realize the American people will not be forcefed bull#### and take it with a smile.

It'll absolutely be the former. He isn't going to change who he is now. Slim chance of that happening. 

I think there are only 3 things that will stop him:

1. A scandal so bad that even the prominent Republicans who support him have no choice but to stand against him.

2. The Koch Brothers call him to a private meeting and give him a thorough going over.

3. Putin tells him to knock it off. 

Honestly there are probably some people in these flyover states who thought "wow that's a lot of people at a hockey game."

Just an ignorant populace. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread