What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I know it belongs in quotes of the day but I think it is a great line for this thread. From Sen Jeff Flake today

"When a figure in power reflexively calls any press that doesn't suit him "fake news," it is that person who should be the figure of suspicion, not the press."

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders

Hey Mr. President, maybe the reason why more Americans emigrated to Norway last year than the other way around is because they have universal health care and a strong social democracy.
Thanks Trump!

1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.

2. ABC News’ Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.

3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.

4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.

5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.

6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.

7. CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”

8. Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.

9. CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.

10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.

11. And last, but not least: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSIO

https://twitter.com/slone

So that whole, "I bet you wimps would never challenge big, bad Donald physically" stuff got me thinking last night.

I sincerely believe that I could defeat an entire gauntlet of all living Presidents in one night, Diggstown style.  I've given this a lot of thought.

I'd start out with a handicap match between me and a team of Carter and Bush 41.  I know this still seems easy, but I'm cognizant of the fact that Bush 41: 1) was once a war hero; 2) was probably the architect of Iran/Contra, so is probably crafty and devious; and 3) is married to who is largely considered to be the meanest of the First Ladies (I envision First Ladies being allowed ringside, but not Veeps).  So I think I'd have to just knock him out of his wheelchair and go for the immediate pin.  I figure Carter would be slow to intervene, but even if he entered the fray, I could probably take a few shots while getting the cover on Bush Sr.  Then I'd offer to allow Carter to take the honorable loss by getting counted out and going to build houses.  As he exited the ring, however, I'd grab him from behind and hit him a Samoan Drop.  Because I want to establish my heel bona fides immediately.

I think I'd take Trump mano a mano in the next bout.  Let's assume he really is 6'3" and 239 lbs.  With that gut, he'd have to have the muscle tone of a jellyfish.  I'd just go for a double-leg takedown and immediately transition to the Boston Crab.  If do right, no Trump can defend.

Clinton is next.  He's had open heart surgery and I must have 75 pounds on him.  But he's the ultimate survivor.  I think I'd need a contingency plan.  Which is why it will be so sweet when Hillary turns on him and beans him with a steel chair before removing the jacket of her pantsuit to reveal a tee shirt with my image on it.  

OK, so now is when the tough matches start.  I guess I'd start with W because everyone loves a heel vs. heel battle.  It's not self-evident to me that I could go toe to toe with The Decider, but I think I could probably outwit him.  Say, "Look, it's the weapons of mass destruction!" before cheap shotting him.  I also figure if I can keep it going 5 or 10 minutes, he'd probably grow bored and lose interest.  I win a tough matchup.

Leaving me with Barry O.  On the bright side, at least it's not Michelle, who I'd definitely favor over me.  My key advantage here is that Obama would never cheat and I totally would.  Like, I'd offer to meet to discuss bi-partisan healthcare reform, and then I'd throw salt in his eyes and kick him in the Baracks.  I think he'd keep fighting back on the power of the hopes of the little Obama-maniacs, but when we brawled into the crowd a group of midwestern white dudes with serious economic anxieties would help me turn the tide.  
:lmao: :lmao:

1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.

2. ABC News’ Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.

3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.

4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.

5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.

6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.

7. CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”

8. Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.

9. CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.

10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.

11. And last, but not least: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSIO

:lol:  @ #1.  He claims an opinion piece is 'fake news' while calling his victory in which he lost the popular vote a historic landslide.

5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in

This was not a Washington Post article, nor the WaPo reporting this. This was one of their reporters on his personal/private Twitter account mistakenly jumping to a conclusion from an earlier Twitter photo post about the event. The reporter, Dave Weigel,  immediately deleted the tweet when informed of the error and apologized on Twitter to Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure it is possible to describe this without being banned.

#7 is also interesting because CNN retracted the story.  There is no guarantee in journalism that errors won't be made, but this is what is supposed to happen if there are errors or insufficient sourcing.  Last I checked Fox News has not issued any statements, notified of any retractions, or apologized for all their Seth Rich and Pizzagate actual fake news.  They just delete it and hope nobody notices.

THOSE are the awards? That's it?

A little disappointed. I thought Donny bring a lot more of the crazy to this instead of just the usual amount. 

Last edited by a moderator:
THOSE are the awards? That's it?

A little disappointed. I thought Donny bring a lot more of the crazy to this instead of just the usual amount. 
He had no plans to actually do it but people kept asking about it so someone in the WH through a list together for him.

These are pretty weak.

#1 is an opinion piece. Describing it as "news" is, in itself, "fake news".

#4 has already been debunked. The reporter for Time had only said that the bust "wasn't on display" (and he said it in an email to other reporters, not in an article). At any rate, he corrected the error in a matter of minutes.

#5 was not "reported" by WaPo; it was a personal tweet by one of their reporters.

#8 is true -- the Polish first lady did snub Trump (so that she could shake Melania's hand first). It's true that Newsweek neglected to mention the fact that she eventually went back and shook Trump's hand, but that doesn't make it fake news.

#11 isn't even a news story. It's just a lie.

These are pretty weak.

#1 is an opinion piece. Describing it as "news" is, in itself, "fake news".

#4 has already been debunked. The reporter for Time had only said that the bust "wasn't on display" (and he said it in an email to other reporters, not in an article). At any rate, he corrected the error in a matter of minutes.

#5 was not "reported" by WaPo; it was a personal tweet by one of their reporters.

#8 is true -- the Polish first lady did snub Trump (so that she could shake Melania's hand first). It's true that Newsweek neglected to mention the fact that she eventually went back and shook Trump's hand, but that doesn't make it fake news.

#11 isn't even a news story. It's just a lie.
They had no list as of earlier today, when SHS said it's a "potential" event.

At some point, the narcissist realized - THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE.  When?  NOW.   But, we could just....  NOW I SAID!

and here we are.   Again, I've worked for this man essentially - I've had to put on 50k dollar street fairs on three weeks notice when it should have been 20k and six months prep.  Why? BECAUSE NOW AND I SAID SO!

So stupid.

They had no list as of earlier today, when SHS said it's a "potential" event.

At some point, the narcissist realized - THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE.  When?  NOW.   But, we could just....  NOW I SAID!

and here we are.   Again, I've worked for this man essentially - I've had to put on 50k dollar street fairs on three weeks notice when it should have been 20k and six months prep.  Why? BECAUSE NOW AND I SAID SO!

So stupid.
I was honestly expecting this to be done live, like at a press conference.  Would have been a good opportunity to present Sloppy Steve a Lifetime Achievement Award

Journalists put their lives on the line. Many around the world have been killed and imprisoned this year. 

This isn’t funny. It isn’t cute. It’s disgusting, shameful and pathetic. 
His attacks on the press are what bothers me most about him.  A free press is one of the most important safeguards to democracy.

Journalists put their lives on the line. Many around the world have been killed and imprisoned this year. 

This isn’t funny. It isn’t cute. It’s disgusting, shameful and pathetic. 
I agree. - I will point out one thing though, so much of the reporting Trump is complaining about is narcissistic, egotistical stuff. They told people he stupidly overfed fish, that he took out the MLK bust (which is kind of funny because now he's stuck with staring at it for the rest of his presidency, no way did he want that in there), Krugman said the stock market would immediately crash (note Trump is now going around saying it would have dropped 50% under Hillary...), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread