What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

3/16/18, 10:40 AM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the brave troops lost in the helicopter crash on the Iraq-Syria border yesterday. Their sacrifice in service to our country will never be forgotten.

$10 says Trump has already forgotten 

Trump Friday, it starts with: story of implied physical intimidation, PNSA, COS, DCIA, AG & SOS all in flux, Russian-UK turmoil, Korean nuclear talks, a SP subpoena to Trump Org, & public bragging of lies on trade negotiations. Let’s see how it ends.

Trump Friday, it starts with: story of implied physical intimidation, PNSA, COS, DCIA, AG & SOS all in flux, Russian-UK turmoil, Korean nuclear talks, a SP subpoena to Trump Org, & public bragging of lies on trade negotiations. Let’s see how it ends.
Remember how we all thought Friday night and Saturday were the most dangerous times for Trump because that is when Jarred and Ivanka were observing the sabbath.  

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

3/16/18, 10:40 AM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the brave troops lost in the helicopter crash on the Iraq-Syria border yesterday. Their sacrifice in service to our country will never be forgotten.

$10 says Trump has already forgotten 
$100 says Trump couldn't point out Syria on a map.

I had forgotten how moronic Bolton looks.
He is a friend of  a friend of mine and I've been told that he occasionally shows up when my friends folks gather so there is a chance I may meet him in the flesh one day.  I've been asked to bite my tongue if/when we meet but I never promised I wouldn't rip his mustache off his face.

Good for Jeff Flake. I don't understand why more key GOP members aren't coming forward to support him. 
There are some rational GOP members, but it seems like so many are just willing to sell out for RNC and lobbyist money that they don't give a #### about the damage they're doing.

And their leadership is spineless. McConnell and Ryan don't have any ethics whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are starting to realize that Trump's base isn't going to get them reelected.
stuck between a rock and hard place...Backing/mimicking Trump isn't enough to get you re-elected but going against him likely won't help your cause either.  

stuck between a rock and hard place...Backing/mimicking Trump isn't enough to get you re-elected but going against him likely won't help your cause either.  
I think the Trump base is being overvalued.   State elections don't have the same fervor as the presidential election, and so many people voted for Trump solely because they hated Hillary.   There generally isn't someone to demonize in a midterm election.   I think moderate Republicans running on traditional GOP issues and rejecting Trump extremism could sell pretty well.      

There are some rational GOP members, but it seems like so many are just willing to sell out for RNC and lobbyist money that they don't give a #### about the damage they're doing.

And their leadership is spineless. McConnell and Ryan don't have any ethics whatsoever.
I don't know how any voter can support the turncoats. So many key GOP figures called Trump dangerous and unfit only to now defend him at nearly every turn. 

I think the Trump base is being overvalued.   State elections don't have the same fervor as the presidential election, and so many people voted for Trump solely because they hated Hillary.   There generally isn't someone to demonize in a midterm election.   I think moderate Republicans running on traditional GOP issues and rejecting Trump extremism could sell pretty well.      
ya, I don't know...tough spot for Repub's but I'm certainly not weeping for them.

I don't know how any voter can support the turncoats. So many key GOP figures called Trump dangerous and unfit only to now defend him at nearly every turn. 
I hope that the immoral scumbags at the top, like Ryan and McConnell, suffer for the rest of their lives for how they cowardly betrayed the citizens of this country by not having the balls to stand up to this treasonous scumbag in office. Not a peep out of either of them. They are more of a disgrace than Trump is. Trump has always been a self-absorbed #######.  

He is a friend of  a friend of mine and I've been told that he occasionally shows up when my friends folks gather so there is a chance I may meet him in the flesh one day.  I've been asked to bite my tongue if/when we meet but I never promised I wouldn't rip his mustache off his face.
Geraldo lives in a complex near my dad, his mustache is fake

I think people are starting to realize that Trump's base isn't going to get them reelected.
I remember Obama taking criticism for not being able to use his persona to get others elected.   They said he’d go out and campaign but at the end it didn’t make a difference mainly because people weren’t voting for Obama but instead just some democrat.   Who was the last politician who actually had this skill?

I’ve never voted for anybody based on an endorsement from another politician 

kakistocracy

[kak-uh-stok-ruh-see] 

noun, plural kakistocracies.

1. government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

1820-30; < Greek kákisto(s), superlative of kakós bad + -cracy

Word Origin and History for kakistocracy
n.
1829, "government by the worst element of a society," coined on analogy of its opposite, aristocracy, from Greek kakistos "worst," superlative of kakos "bad" (which perhaps is related to the general IE word for "defecate;" see caco- ) + -cracy.

I hope that the immoral scumbags at the top, like Ryan and McConnell, suffer for the rest of their lives for how they cowardly betrayed the citizens of this country by not having the balls to stand up to this treasonous scumbag in office. Not a peep out of either of them. They are more of a disgrace than Trump is. Trump has always been a self-absorbed #######.  
Those two will disappear into private lives and reappear as immensely rich lobbyists   

Very interesting tweet just now from Trump urging Danny Tarkanian not to run against Dean Heller in the name of party “unity”; he wants Tarkanian to run for Congress instead. He added that Heller has been doing a “fine job” which is completely opposite of what he said 6 months ago. 

This sounds like Mitch McConnell has the ear of the President. Tarkanian definitely belongs to the Breitbart/Tea Party group of primary challengers...

I remember Obama taking criticism for not being able to use his persona to get others elected.   They said he’d go out and campaign but at the end it didn’t make a difference mainly because people weren’t voting for Obama but instead just some democrat.   Who was the last politician who actually had this skill?

I’ve never voted for anybody based on an endorsement from another politician 
I think it has less to do with swaying individual votes than it does energising the base in general and, sadly but most importantly, fundraising. A sitting President is usually a nice tool by which to pry into the wallets of supporters, get more onboard and get bigger checks from those who already are.

That in turn can lead to more votes, especially if you coordinate the dual benefits of some bump in enthusiasm by leveraging the additional funds raised. 

Very interesting tweet just now from Trump urging Danny Tarkanian not to run against Dean Heller in the name of party “unity”; he wants Tarkanian to run for Congress instead. He added that Heller has been doing a “fine job” which is completely opposite of what he said 6 months ago. 

This sounds like Mitch McConnell has the ear of the President. Tarkanian definitely belongs to the Breitbart/Tea Party group of primary challengers...
It is interesting and a positive development for "establishment" Republicans if looked at in isolation.

But remember, that there are just the barely coherent ramblings of a sleazy bigot whose brain has turned to oatmeal.  There's at least a 60% chance Trump thinks he's advising his dad, the towel-chewing college basketball coach, to run for congress. Who knows why he said it, or whether he'll say the exact opposite thing in an hour. 

Matthias said:
This is literally turning into a Fox News administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2018/03/16/daily-202-trump-may-hire-multiple-cable-news-personalities-as-part-of-shake-up/5aab2c5530fb047655a06cdb/?utm_term=.c44ca172e739

Trump has decided to remove H.R. McMaster as his national security adviser and is actively discussing Fox News contributor John Bolton as a potential successor.

A leading contender to replace Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin is Pete Hegseth, the co-host of “Fox and Friends Weekend.”

The president named CNBC analyst and former host Larry Kudlow to replace former Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn as his chief economic adviser on Wednesday.

Heather Nauert, a former co-host of “Fox and Friends,” got promoted on Monday from being a spokeswoman for the State Department to acting undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs. She replaced Steve Goldstein, who was fired because he publicly contradicted the White House’s claim that Rex Tillerson knew he was being fired before Trump announced it on Twitter. (Is it any coincidence that Mike Pompeo got elevated from Langley to Foggy Bottom the morning after he aggressively went to bat for Trump on the Sunday shows?)
The creation of Fox News as the first non-abashedly politically biased major media outlet is the reason that there will never-again be a US President that is respected by more than 50% of the country.  Because of Fox News, MSNBC had to be created, which fueled the fire of the equally radical lefties of the country.  And because of the way Fox News became a 24 hour Bill Clinton hate-fest is the reason this country is so split down the middle and hateful.  It is only fitting that they have finally made their way into the White House. I hope they suffer the same long term effects that the GOP is going to feel after this Trump disaster is over. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of when the San Diego Padres decided it would be a good idea to hire their announcer, Jerry Coleman, as their manager.   He wasn't that great of an announcer, but he was well liked by the Kroc family.   He was a disaster as a manager.   

:shrug:

I would guess it's a straightforward divorce/pre-nup.  Still odd not to hire a specific divorce lawyer in case there is anything worth haggling over.  
Unless certain nefarious and possibly criminal activities might void said pre-nup? Or the threat of going that route with whatever additional private information and/or criminal issues it may bring to bear is worth a certain payout?

:shrug:

I would guess it's a straightforward divorce/pre-nup.  Still odd not to hire a specific divorce lawyer in case there is anything worth haggling over.  
She's going after his assets she thinks they entire Trump clan is hiding.  She has Jr (and his dad) over a rock since I'm sure they don't want any of this in court filing.  Sort of stormy.

She's going after his assets she thinks they entire Trump clan is hiding.  She has Jr (and his dad) over a rock since I'm sure they don't want any of this in court filing.  Sort of stormy.
I am going to go out on a limb, but I suspect good divorce attorneys are more adept at finding hidden assets than a criminal defense attorney.

maybe this guy is a former prosecutor in the financial crimes division, but otherwise, I doubt this is about going after Jr or Daddy.

I am going to go out on a limb, but I suspect good divorce attorneys are more adept at finding hidden assets than a criminal defense attorney.

maybe this guy is a former prosecutor in the financial crimes division, but otherwise, I doubt this is about going after Jr or Daddy.
Why would anyone do this then?

Ned said:

L M F A O @ the line "he truly believes he's the chosen one; cannot deal with criticism"
I've said it before, but FoxNews spent 8 years conditioning its viewers to believe that Obama was a narcissist/authoritarian/wannabe dictator.

And now they're incapable of recognizing actual (textbook) narcissistic/authoritarian behavior, because they associate those words with "someone who behaves like Obama".

It's strangely similar to the kind of grooming that you see in domestic violence situations. The abuser creates his own definition of "abuse" and convinces you that he's not abusive because he doesn't meet the definition that he gave you.

Right now, FoxNews viewers are telling themselves, "Don isn't a bad guy. He's really wonderful most of the time. You don't know him like I know him. He would never hurt me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread