What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in the mind of Hannity can Trump not be responsible for the firing of McCabe but get ALL the accolades for the firing of McCabe.  

What's the benefit of the talking point thats coming out of these Conservative talking heads that Trump isn't responsible for the firing of McCabe?
Because it was an abuse of power and likely violated McCabe’s due process rights.

I don't know about some lame "Just Say No" type slogan ads but I think some of those anti-smoking ads, where they show the real world effects of long term smoking, can be effective. I've always thought they should do some ads showing the medical problems that come from obesity. I think people are very stupid when it comes to learning about health problems that come from abusing your body. Most of us only find out when we see what relatives and friends go through.

I don't know about some lame "Just Say No" type slogan ads but I think some of those anti-smoking ads, where they show the real world effects of long term smoking, can be effective. I've always thought they should do some ads showing the medical problems that come from obesity. I think people are very stupid when it comes to learning about health problems that come from abusing your body. Most of us only find out when we see what relatives and friends go through.
I actually agree with this - but I’ll say it’s the bare minimum we should be doing.

Brian Krassenstein ?‏ @krassenstein 1h1 hour ago

Trump's legal team is in chaos.

The New York Times reports that John Dowd has discussed resigning as the President's counsel as he feels he's losing control of the President

Meanwhile Trump has told friends he's considering firing Ty Cobb.

This just means more unhinged actions

Brian Krassenstein ?‏ @krassenstein 1h1 hour ago

Trump's legal team is in chaos.

The New York Times reports that John Dowd has discussed resigning as the President's counsel as he feels he's losing control of the President

Meanwhile Trump has told friends he's considering firing Ty Cobb.

This just means more unhinged actions
FAKE NEWS!  

until Friday when he's fired.  

I actually agree with this - but I’ll say it’s the bare minimum we should be doing.
Telling kids what to do is a sure fire way for them to reject it.  Kids still smoke and vape.  If you want a successful commercial campaign they should show lots of middle aged balding men and overweight women smoking, doing some lines and popping pills with the tag line "Be cool like your parents and do some drugs!".  Use among teens would drop 90% overnight.

Qasim Rashid, Esq.‏Verified account @MuslimIQ 3h3 hours ago

BREAKING: Officially FIVE terrorist bombings ON U.S. soil in past 18 days(+1 threat)—total silence from WH & 45

Would they be silent if terrorist were an immigrant, POC, or Muslim?

Unacceptable. We need safety, accountability & Justice.

#AustinBombings

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/senate/379339-mccain-rips-trumps-congratulatory-call-to-putin-as-insult-to-russian-people%3famp

McCain Says "Presidents do not lead the free world by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections"
I agree with McCain, and as an American, I’m proud he said it. 

But- he’s wrong, and in criticizing Trump, we shouldn’t go so far as to forget our history. We have congratulated dictators for winning sham elections, and I can offer plenty of examples, like Ferdinand Marcos and Diem. We have congratulated other dictators for simply doing away with elections altogether, and I can offer plenty of examples of that such as the Shah of Iran or the President of Zaire. McCain is right that we should never do this, but let’s not pretend that Trump isn’t part of a long and sordid tradition. It’s just that Trump is more blatant and less subtle about it. 

But- he’s wrong, and in criticizing Trump, we shouldn’t go so far as to forget our history. We have congratulated dictators for winning sham elections, and I can offer plenty of examples, like Ferdinand Marcos and Diem. We have congratulated other dictators for simply doing away with elections altogether, and I can offer plenty of examples of that such as the Shah of Iran or the President of Zaire. McCain is right that we should never do this, but let’s not pretend that Trump isn’t part of a long and sordid tradition. It’s just that Trump is more blatant and less subtle about it. 
Please share a link when leaders from the UK, Germany, France, etc call to congratulate Putin in the next day or two

Last edited by a moderator:
More science

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/notes-emails-reveal-trump-appointees-war-end-hhs-teen-pregnancy-n857686

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration’s abrupt cancellation of a federal program to prevent teen pregnancy last year was directed by political appointees over the objections of career experts in the Department of Health and Human Services, which administers the program, according to internal notes and emails obtained by NBC News.

The trove shows three appointees with strict pro-abstinence beliefs — including Valerie Huber, the then-chief of staff for the department's Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health — guided the process to end a program many medical professionals credit with helping to bring the nation’s teen pregnancy rate to an all-time low.

Prior to serving at HHS, Huber was the president of Ascend, an association that promotes abstinence until marriage as the best way to prevent teen pregnancy.

The $213 million Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program was aimed at helping teenagers understand how to avoid unwanted pregnancies. It had bipartisan support in Congress and trained more than 7,000 health professionals and supported 3,000 community-based organizations since its inception in 2010.

In the notes provided to NBC News, Evelyn Kappeler, who for eight years has led the Office of Adolescent Health, which administers the program, repeatedly expressed concerns about terminating the program, but appeared out of the decision-making loop and at one point was driven to tears.

True, but I think most of the examples that you will find from the past have been dictators that we, at the time, considered allies.   That doesn't make it any less shameful but it is a key distinction.   It's not just that Trump is less subtle or continuing a long tradition, it's that he is treating Putin like an American ally which he in no way, shape or form is.   Putin's goal is to destroy western democracy especially the US.  Trump calling him to congratulate him is horrendous.

More science

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/notes-emails-reveal-trump-appointees-war-end-hhs-teen-pregnancy-n857686

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration’s abrupt cancellation of a federal program to prevent teen pregnancy last year was directed by political appointees over the objections of career experts in the Department of Health and Human Services, which administers the program, according to internal notes and emails obtained by NBC News.

The trove shows three appointees with strict pro-abstinence beliefs — including Valerie Huber, the then-chief of staff for the department's Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health — guided the process to end a program many medical professionals credit with helping to bring the nation’s teen pregnancy rate to an all-time low.

Prior to serving at HHS, Huber was the president of Ascend, an association that promotes abstinence until marriage as the best way to prevent teen pregnancy.

The $213 million Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program was aimed at helping teenagers understand how to avoid unwanted pregnancies. It had bipartisan support in Congress and trained more than 7,000 health professionals and supported 3,000 community-based organizations since its inception in 2010.

In the notes provided to NBC News, Evelyn Kappeler, who for eight years has led the Office of Adolescent Health, which administers the program, repeatedly expressed concerns about terminating the program, but appeared out of the decision-making loop and at one point was driven to tears.
This is nothing about this that is shocking.  Nothing.  

cripes when i read crap like that it makes me really mad its just idiotic and its like we have reverend moore running things for the trump administration brohans look all i know is that if mueller time finally blows this crapshow up i had better damned well see kevin bacon dancing outside the capitol take that to the bank bromigos 

This is nothing about this that is shocking.  Nothing.  
the shocking or "funny" thing is that the President in charge who supports this apparently couldn't keep it in his pants as a 60+ year old who was married and his wife was pregnant.  Another example like buying/manufacturing in America among a ton of others where our gutless leader says do what I say not what I do.....

"The Board of Cambridge Analytica has announced today that it has suspended CEO Alexander Nix with immediate effect, pending a full, independent investigation."

3/ "We have asked Dr. Alexander Tayler to serve as acting CEO while an independent investigation is launched to review those comments and allegations. We have asked Julian Malins QC to lead this investigation, the findings of which the Board will share publicly in due course."

wait, they are replacing one Alexander with another one?!?   

If i wer to sum up the Trump years, id say if the nation was healthy, a guy the Trump cannot win.  His election is a symtom of a deeper illness afflicting the nation.  The nation is sick. Removing trump is treating the symptom but not the underlying disease.  If the disease is not cured, it will kill the patient.   

"The Board of Cambridge Analytica has announced today that it has suspended CEO Alexander Nix with immediate effect, pending a full, independent investigation."

3/ "We have asked Dr. Alexander Tayler to serve as acting CEO while an independent investigation is launched to review those comments and allegations. We have asked Julian Malins QC to lead this investigation, the findings of which the Board will share publicly in due course."

wait, they are replacing one Alexander with another one?!?   
Well, that's just Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread