What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have to be some boundaries, otherwise you could do a denial of service on the administrative branch by deluging it with civil suits. I mean, sure, no politically motivated group of people would ever think to do something like that, but, just in case...
They'd be in line for fines and disbarment (for the attorneys) if they did this.  That's why nobody's done it.

Its kind of amusing to me that Trump must have thought he could prevent all his dirty laundry from being exposed when he's President. Like he'd order it not to happen and it wouldn't happen or something. So stupid.
Im sure hes planning on saying bill clinton had a ####### in the oval office and no one cared so and then ignore it. 

Even if there were some merit to the cases? What would the grounds for the fines/disbarment be?
No, if there's merit you can bring them, of course. One of many reasons not to have a president with a long history of sleazy private sector dealings that open him up to litigation.

At some point the president's schedule would presumably delay proceedings, but I don't see any reason to provide a blanket exemption.

Im sure hes planning on saying bill clinton had a ####### in the oval office and no one cared so and then ignore it. 
Well about that... the funny thing is Trump just hired a lawyer who is multiple times on record saying the president can not only be sued in office but also indicted.

I agree with McCain, and as an American, I’m proud he said it. 

But- he’s wrong, and in criticizing Trump, we shouldn’t go so far as to forget our history. We have congratulated dictators for winning sham elections, and I can offer plenty of examples, like Ferdinand Marcos and Diem. We have congratulated other dictators for simply doing away with elections altogether, and I can offer plenty of examples of that such as the Shah of Iran or the President of Zaire. McCain is right that we should never do this, but let’s not pretend that Trump isn’t part of a long and sordid tradition. It’s just that Trump is more blatant and less subtle about it. 
How about not thanking the ones that just helped fix the last election :allegedly:

I'm not just talking about his sexcapades/infidelity. The guy is a corpulent, grotesque harlequin embodying almost every impropriety and corrupt act a person could take. He's the seven deadly sins personified with a lengthy quasi public track record of indulging in all of them. You have to be a special kind of stupid egomaniac to think none of that would get exposed and/or that you'd be able to squelch it by fiat if you got elected to the most high profile job in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Removing the president using defamation of character charges will still result in the right declaring that it is a coup and you will get a revolt.  

Just to be clear, my opinion is that, one way or another, trump will be removed or resign.  I think it happens before the 2018 elections and it backfires, causing some sort of french revolution style revolt from the right.  I dont think the nation makes it to the 2018 elections. I think the revolt will win.  

Last edited by a moderator:
No, if there's merit you can bring them, of course. One of many reasons not to have a president with a long history of sleazy private sector dealings that open him up to litigation.

At some point the president's schedule would presumably delay proceedings, but I don't see any reason to provide a blanket exemption.
I have to think at least some courts would make Trump give up his Fox & Friends time, or his golf time, or his Mar-a-lago vacation time, or his campaign rally time before permitting a case to be delayed

Well about that... the funny thing is Trump just hired a lawyer who is multiple times on record saying the president can not only be sued in office but also indicted.
"Nobody should underestimate the upheaval that a prosecution of the president would cause.  But we went through it once before, in Watergate, and survived. The nation, in fact, could conceivably benefit from the indictment of a president.  It would teach the valuable civics lesson that no one is above the law.  As an appeals court told Mr. Clinton in the Paula Jones case, the Founders created a presidency, not a monarchy."
Indictments in the Executive Branch By Joseph diGenova

How are the Right going to revolt?  I'm not even sure of the numbers of people who are still willing to go down with Trump.  Are there still that many?

Just to be clear, my opinion is that, one way or another, trump will be removed or resign.  I think it happens before the 2018 elections and it backfires, causing some sort of french revolution style revolt from the right.  
You mean a revolution from the group of people who passionately proclaim they love this country, they are patriots, go crazy for the national anthem and support our troops, but then will use the right to bear arms to revolt against the very establishment they supposedly worship?

OK.

Just to be clear, my opinion is that, one way or another, trump will be removed or resign.  I think it happens before the 2018 elections and it backfires, causing some sort of french revolution style revolt from the right.  I dont think the nation makes it to the 2018 elections. I think the revolt will win.  
OH FFS.

Tell the truth...you were the guy that spent every minute of HS history writing "turn to page 32"..."turn to page 69"....etc   in the text book, right?

I swear if you keep posting this drivel I’ll do everything in my power to cause a revolt and then I’ll give StealthyCat your address and tell him that you are an Obama lover.

The way i see the revolt playing out is they remove trump, and there is tight security in washington.   But thats not where the revolt is.  We saw what they were targetting last year.  They were trying to march on google headquarters.  They couldnt get it off the ground but this time they will. I think you see an angry mob attack google headquarters as the far right will blame corporations.  

The revolt will take a very sharp eye and anyone who owns a business, and if you have liberal leanings, you are a target.  Thats what it was showing last year and i think it grows very strong. 

The way i see the revolt playing out is they remove trump, and there is tight security in washington.   But thats not where the revolt is.  We saw what they were targetting last year.  They were trying to march on google headquarters.  They couldnt get it off the ground but this time they will. I think you see an angry mob attack google headquarters as the far right will blame corporations.  
What do you think the cops will do?  Just let it play out?

Worst

Harry Turtledove

Blurb

Ever

Do they serve Freedom Fries at the French Style Revolt?

All of that is just based on projecting the patterns of behavior of the far right over the past year.  Their anger is actually aimed at the business sector.   The movement views corporations as enabling their disenfranchisement.  And they already made a weak attempt once.  I think its corporations they target.  

All of that is just based on projecting the patterns of behavior of the far right over the past year.  Their anger is actually aimed at the business sector.   The movement views corporations as enabling their disenfranchisement.  And they already made a weak attempt once.  I think its corporations they target.  
What does a revolution against Google look like?

I'm trying so hard to make a  Maximillian Robespierre pun in here but I got nothing... 

You believe Trump will be removed, the right will revolt (against President Pence) and the right will win, all in the next 8 months?

That makes me unKampfterble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread