What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean ask yourself.  Why is trump continuing to openly be super friendly to russia?  Why does he continue to do that?   Its not gaining him any power in his job.  Doesnt really make sense.   But if he had a goal of making sure the rank and file republicans viewed russia as allies.....
:PeeTape:

So we were talking about Trump congratulating his bud Putin earlier. I assumed this was leaked or something because it is so embarrassing. 

Nope. First it was announced by the Kremlin, then Trump talked about it numerous times while talking to reporters. It's also reported that his briefing notes from his aides had "DO NOT TALK ABOUT CONGRATULATING PUTIN" written on them.

:lol:  This is all amazing.

Trump did not follow specific warnings from his national security advisers when he congratulated Putin on his reelection, including a section in his briefing materials in all-capital letters stating “DO NOT CONGRATULATE,” officials familiar tell WaPo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-national-security-advisers-warned-him-not-to-congratulate-putin-he-did-it-anyway/2018/03/20/22738ebc-2c68-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html
The scarier part is someone actually had to advise him not to do this...but of course he's much smarter than those advising him

randall146 said:
Riversco said:
The way i see the revolt playing out is they remove trump, and there is tight security in washington.   But thats not where the revolt is.  We saw what they were targetting last year.  They were trying to march on google headquarters.  They couldnt get it off the ground but this time they will. I think you see an angry mob attack google headquarters as the far right will blame corporations.  
Ok. The right has taken over Google headquarters. What’s next?
I'm guessing this.

The White House is starting to remind me of Masada.

Russian election interference 

Obstruction of Justice

Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougal, Summer Zervos

Trump Organization being investigated 

Kushner/Kushner Companies being investigated on multiple fronts 

McCabe Firing

His C+ legal team is playing checkers in a 3-D chess tournament 

Practically siding with Putin over our strongest historical Allie of the last 75 years

Global mockery of his sheee incompetence

FL eenagers displaying more cogent, articulate arguments and leadership than Trump ever imagined 

PA gerrymandering overturned by courts twice

Losing slam dunk special elections 

Disastrous trade policies

Virtually no agenda or plan to accomplish policy objectives

Moralky bankrupt, intellectually incurious, devoid of idealogy, trusts his questionable gut judgement over data, anti-intellectual 

Thats off off the top of my head, probably missed several major crisis / scandals.

Think about this: since the farcical tax cut, what has this administration accomplished? Put another way, When is the last time the WH had a day - one freaking day Donnie - in which you could say “Today the Trump agenda moved forward.” 

Every day its defense, reactions, denials, blatant pathological lies, spinning scandals, stating laughably implausible explanations. I cannot imagine how awful it is to come to the West Wing every day & try to put lipstick on this pig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obstruction of Justice

McCabe Firing

Practically siding with Putin over our strongest historical Allie of the last 75 years

FL eenagers displaying more cogent, articulate arguments and leadership than Trump ever imagined 

Moralky bankrupt, intellectually incurious, devoid of idealogy, trusts his questionable gut judgement over data, anti-intellectual 

Thats off off the top of my head, probably missed several major crisis / scandals.

Think about this: since the farcical tax cut, what has this administration accomplished? Put another way, When is the last time the WH had a day - one freaking day Donnie - in which you could say “Today the Trump agenda moved forward.” 

Every day its defense, reactions, denials, blatant pathological lies, spinning scandals, stating laughably implausible explanations. I cannot imagine how awful it is to come to the West Wing every day & try to put lipstick on this pig.
All condoned by McConnell, Ryan, and the rest of the GOP leadership.

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 32m

Trump just went after Maxine Waters' intelligence again at the NRCC dinner: "I watch this Maxine Waters. You ever see Maxine Waters? A low IQ individual. Low IQ."
To tell you the truth, I’ve always kind of thought this. I’ve listened to her over the years, and she’s not exactly a thoughtful person. She may be smarter than Trump though, I don’t know. I wouldn’t want either one as a college professor. 

Trump did not follow specific warnings from his national security advisers when he congratulated Putin on his reelection, including a section in his briefing materials in all-capital letters stating “DO NOT CONGRATULATE,” officials familiar tell WaPo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-national-security-advisers-warned-him-not-to-congratulate-putin-he-did-it-anyway/2018/03/20/22738ebc-2c68-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html
He’s like your little kid when you say “ don’t touch that” and they look at you and touch it...except he’s 70 and the president. 

Obstruction of Justice

McCabe Firing

All condoned by McConnell, Ryan, and the rest of the GOP leadership.
By and large, yes - across the board. Ryan is especially egregious; he seems to have no conception of the historical power of the Soeaker of the House postion. He handles Trump like a weak father who has no idea how to properly parent a tyrannical toddler. Party over country has been his recurring theme.

Not everyone kowtows to the bully.

STATEMENT BY SASC CHAIRMAN JOHN McCAIN ON PRESIDENT TRUMP CONGRATULATING VLADIMIR PUTIN

Washington, D.C. ­– U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement today on President Trump congratulating Vladimir Putin on his “election” victory:

“An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections. And by doing so with Vladimir Putin, President Trump insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election to determine their country's future, including the countless Russian patriots who have risked so much to protest and resist Putin's regime." 

News of the Trump-Putin call came first from the Kremlin — foreign governments often disclose contacts with Trump before the White House, and with more information — prompting reporters to question the president about the call during a brief session in the Oval Office.

“We had a very good call,” Trump said, “and I suspect that we’ll be meeting in the not-too-distant future to discuss the arms race, which is getting out of control.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders offered little clarification about a future meeting of the two presidents. “There are no specific plans made at this time,” she told reporters.

Trump spoke to reporters as an Oval Office visitor, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, looked on. His conversation with Putin came as the president is coming under increasing and widespread criticism for his refusal to confront Putin about Russia’s hacking and disinformation efforts to destabilize U.S. politics and, more recently, about its alleged assassination attempt in Britain using a military-grade nerve agent against Russian expatriates there.

Though some Republicans have joined the criticism of Trump’s rapport with Putin, few have been as outspoken as McCain, the longtime Senate Armed Services Committee chairman who is undergoing treatment for brain cancer. More typical of Republican reaction was a comment from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, who was noncommittal on Trump’s call to Putin, saying, “The president can call whomever he chooses.”

Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, implicitly rebuked Trump on Twitter, writing: “Putin does not deserve congratulations for his sham reelection. He made the outcome inevitable by silencing and disqualifying any credible opposition.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican who is McCain’s close friend but less publicly critical of Trump, echoed McCain’s critique of Putin’s re-election on Sunday without mentioning Trump. He tweeted: “Congratulations to Russian President Putin on his Fake Victory in the Fake Election. Heaven help the 25 percent who didn’t vote for him!”

Putin was re-elected on Sunday with more than 77 percent of the vote against a weak field of opposition candidates.

Trump told reporters that he and Putin discussed matters related to North Korea, Syria and Ukraine. He made no mention of Russia’s election meddling or its alleged attack in Britain March 4.

Later, asked whether Trump raised the subject of Moscow’s U.S. election interference, Sanders said, “I don’t believe it came up.”

Sanders sidestepped a question from reporters about whether the Russian election was free and fair. “We don’t get to dictate how other countries operate,” Sanders said.

Asked about McCain’s criticism, Sanders said the administration is “tough when necessary” on Russia but must maintain a dialogue with Moscow.

Britain expelled 23 Russian diplomats because of the nerve-agent attack, and Putin retaliated in kind. The United States has not taken similar action against Russia for the attack, though the Trump administration last week sanctioned 19 individuals and five entities for their roles in the 2016 campaign meddling.

The administration also officially joined Britain, France and Germany to condemn the nerve-agent attack. Trump has not personally weighed in, however.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
if the 21st century is the China century, this is how it plays out.  China and Russia push US politics into an isolationst mode and China takes over as the world superpower.  To achieve that, China and Russia must absolutely destroy liberalism because liberals think they run the world.  China wants to run it instead.  So liberals are a huge threat. 

The best option is to sew revolt within the US.  I figure they only need about 25% of the US popilation to support a revolt against liberals.  China and Russia will fully back that 25% and they will win. 

Maybe that’s the perception but they are packing the courts and wreaking havoc at the department level. Gutting dedicated career staff, rolling back regs, etc etc. 

if the 21st century is the China century, this is how it plays out.  China and Russia push US politics into an isolationst mode and China takes over as the world superpower.  To achieve that, China and Russia must absolutely destroy liberalism because liberals think they run the world.  China wants to run it instead.  So liberals are a huge threat. 

The best option is to sew revolt within the US.  I figure they only need about 25% of the US popilation to support a revolt against liberals.  China and Russia will fully back that 25% and they will win. 
Or China might just think we are the idiot nation we are and they start taking the lead on clean energy and building ports and rail to lead the world on consumer goods....but at least we have bombs.

Fyi, yours is fiction, mine is fact.

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 32m

Trump just went after Maxine Waters' intelligence again at the NRCC dinner: "I watch this Maxine Waters. You ever see Maxine Waters? A low IQ individual. Low IQ."
You notice how he says that in speeches, but doesn't tweet it?  That's because he can't spell IQ.

China and Russias immediate foreign policy goal with the US is to make sure the democrats and republicans have complete contempt for each other.  As long as they refuse to get along, China and Russia are on the path to victory.  

I love that the president is furious of the leak that he was told not to congratulate Putin and did so anyway...he has no issue with the substance of the call...it's just that someone leaked it and it makes him look bad.  he's so pathetic.

the left and right have to be able to look at the other side and say “you are correct on these issues here” without any if ands or buts.  China an ld Russia do not think our society has that level of maturity. 

I wonder if the reason china gave their leader a lifetime appointment was that they think america proves democracy doesnt work.  Everyone has a vote in america and the democrats and republicans call each other racists and no one trusts each other. 

I wonder if the reason china gave their leader a lifetime appointment was that they think america proves democracy doesnt work.  Everyone has a vote in america and the democrats and republicans call each other racists and no one trusts each other. 
I'm sure that's exactly what happened.  Good eye.

:yes:

Paul Krugman‏ @paulkrugman 3h

Serious question: everything suggests that Putin has something on Trump which is bad enough that Trump is too scared to voice even a hint of criticism. But what could he possibly have that is worse than what we already know?

:yes:

Paul Krugman‏ @paulkrugman 3h

Serious question: everything suggests that Putin has something on Trump which is bad enough that Trump is too scared to voice even a hint of criticism. But what could he possibly have that is worse than what we already know?
proof that Russia has supported his company for the last decade by laundering Russia money and that they worked closely with Trump campaign with his knowledge and approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread