Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

gussy

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

>>Trump said today "probably nobody's been tougher to Russia than Donald Trump."<<

Yes.

- And he said this in front of the leaders of the Baltic states.

I wonder if referring to yourself in third person is equally dooshy to the Balticarianites

Edited by JuniorNB

14 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

:mellow:

Julie Davis‏Verified account @juliehdavis

FollowingFollowing @juliehdavis

More

In pool spray with Baltic leaders just now, per pool, President Trump said he plans to militarize the border. "We are going to be guarding our border with our military. That's a big step."

9:35 AM - 3 Apr 2018

Mattis ain’t moving tanks to guard coyotes and cacti.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm ambivalent about your response. On the one hand, I was expecting you to say something that I disagreed with a lot more, which I looked forward to because it's refreshing to disagree with my communist GBs from time to time rather than mostly agreeing (apart from our slightly differing priorities in the free speech thread). On the other hand, I don't really have time today to engage in thoughtful argument, so I guess it's just as well that we agree here after all.

Sorry, I'm a little burned out lately.

OTOH I am very much enjoying mindless Trump debates like the ones they had on the most recent Deadspin podcast: Has Donald Trump ever ______?  The first question was "has Donald Trump ever grilled a hamburger," which is obviously no. There's zero chance he knows how to operate a grill, even a gas grill.  "Has Donald Trump ever microwaved popcorn" was a much closer call.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

The outcome doesn't surprise me, however the swiftness of our transformation into a third-world country is impressive.

Will we still be a Banana Republic if Trump slaps a tariff on bananas?

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Mattis ain’t moving tanks to guard coyotes and cacti.

Is it even legal?  I mean the Military can't enforce laws, so he'd be relying on some national security argument.

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

>>Trump said today "probably nobody's been tougher to Russia than Donald Trump."<<

Yes.

- And he said this in front of the leaders of the Baltic states.

Pretty sure Putin said, in front of those same leaders: "Probably nobody pisses on Trump more than Russia.  Probably."

2 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Is it even legal?  I mean the Military can't enforce laws, so he'd be relying on some national security argument.

I am pretty sure the military is allowed to enforce laws in Russia.  Putin would not do this if he were not allowed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phandango said:

Kylie Jenner tweeted, "Sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore? Or is it just me... ugh this is so sad," and then Snapchat plunged 6 percent, losing $1.3 billion in value. 

That’s not quite the same thing and the losses for SC are related to 3 things:

1. They released a very unpopular update (1.2 million people signed an e-petition asking for SC to remove the update)

2. Kylie, like thousands others, lamented the update on Twitter

3. Rihanna deleted her SC after SC used her name and image to poke fun at her being the victim of domestic abuse. Many others followed suit in support of Rhianna.

Edited by Ilov80s

8 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

That’s not quite the same thing and the losses for SC are related to 3 things:

1. They released a very unpopular update (1.2 million people signed an e-petition asking for SC to remove the update)

2. Kylie, like thousands others, lamented the update on Twitter

3. Rihanna deleted her SC after SC used her name and image to poke fun at her being the victim of domestic abuse. Many others followed suit in support of Rhianna.

3. is bigger than that.  Rihanna asked her fans to delete the app in an Instagram story.  By mid-day of the same day, Snapchat lost 5% of its value.

Just now, Henry Ford said:

3. is bigger than that.  Rihanna asked her fans to delete the app in an Instagram story.  By mid-day of the same day, Snapchat lost 5% of its value.

Right. I still find none of this is anywhere similar to the President aggressively going after Amazon.

• Like 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Right. I still find none of this is anywhere similar to the President aggressively going after Amazon.

I just brought it up - because I could not recall the details - but clearly a non-government citizen could have a personal vendetta that sinks a company's fortunes.

For me, its grounds for impeachment if the President uses his position to go after personal and political opponents to satisfy a personal vendetta.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

More

In pool spray with Baltic leaders just now, per pool, President Trump said he plans to militarize the border. "We are going to be guarding our border with our military. That's a big step."

You know, conservatives, we lefties generally think that your fear of Mexicans coming across the border to pick our fruits and vergetables is really weird.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

I just brought it up - because I could not recall the details - but clearly a non-government citizen could have a personal vendetta that sinks a company's fortunes.

For me, its grounds for impeachment if the President uses his position to go after personal and political opponents to satisfy a personal vendetta.

buy what if the vendetta is against someone who owns a paper that printed some not very nice things about you?  What then?  I mean, come on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moleculo said:

buy what if the vendetta is against someone who owns a paper that printed some not very nice things about you?  What then?  I mean, come on.

yeah - maybe I was not clear - I think its legitimate grounds for impeachment (given that impeachment is a political tool, and not a criminal tool) when Trump abuses his power to attack the very pillars of our society - independent law enforcement and independent media.  I think those actions pose a threat to national security.

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

yeah - maybe I was not clear - I think its legitimate grounds for impeachment (given that impeachment is a political tool, and not a criminal tool) when Trump abuses his power to attack the very pillars of our society - independent law enforcement and independent media.  I think those actions pose a threat to national security.

what the hell is the point of being president if you can't force your political opponents to shut the hell up?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

More

"I never liked Baltic.  It sits there next to Mediterranean and costs like nothing to rent" 

• Like 11

"We don't have laws. We have catch and release. Which means you catch someone and then immediately release them. Then years later they come back for a court case. Except they almost never do. "

Edited by Sheriff Bart

Given Trump's Tweet that no one has been harder on Russia than he, I just had to watch some of the Baltic States press conference.  I went in thinking, Yo! Donald, if I can mentally address you as Donald, Hitler was maybe a bit harder on them than you.

So I begin watching.  It is clear that but for his notes he was unclear as to which countries had their leaders standing next to him.  He began by noting that they are all currently celebrating 100 years of independence.  He noted that we have been friends that entire time, for centerieS as he put it.  I had to wonder if he was aware of how many years makes up a century.

Next he touted that they are fine examples of the support a member of NATO ought to show in their financial commitment to NATO.  Paraphrasing he stated this is a fine example for NATO allies, around the world.  I had to wonder whether he understands what the first two letters in the NATO acronym stand for.

I gave up watching him.  I no longer have the excess brain cells to lose, having spent far too many during my reckless youth.

Oh, I get that the NATO acronym is a bit dated, but "around the world", come on Donald.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

You know, conservatives, we lefties generally think that your fear of Mexicans coming across the border to pick our fruits and vergetables is really weird.

Silly commie...Everyone knows Trump does not eat fruits or vegetables.

Mexican officials are asking Homeland Security for details on the comments by POTUS about sending the military to the border. I doubt they can answer because it's likely something Trump just made up on the spot. 

14 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

So the report is that Russia is being allowed to send in 60 new diplomats to replace the ones we sent out? Why is that? 

The sanctions were effective.

15 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

So the report is that Russia is being allowed to send in 60 new diplomats to replace the ones we sent out? Why is that? 

Trump played hard ball for 6 days.  They learned their lesson. 

26 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I thought this was going to take me to the Van Morrison song, maybe The Last Waltz version. WTF is this crap? 

Not a Manchester music fan, huh?

52 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Given Trump's Tweet that no one has been harder on Russia than he, I just had to watch some of the Baltic States press conference.  I went in thinking, Yo! Donald, if I can mentally address you as Donald, Hitler was maybe a bit harder on them than you.

So I begin watching.  It is clear that but for his notes he was unclear as to which countries had their leaders standing next to him.  He began by noting that they are all currently celebrating 100 years of independence.  He noted that we have been friends that entire time, for centerieS as he put it.  I had to wonder if he was aware of how many years makes up a century.

Next he touted that they are fine examples of the support a member of NATO ought to show in their financial commitment to NATO.  Paraphrasing he stated this is a fine example for NATO allies, around the world.  I had to wonder whether he understands what the first two letters in the NATO acronym stand for.

I gave up watching him.  I no longer have the excess brain cells to lose, having spent far to many during my reckless youth.

Oh, I get that the NATO acronym is a bit dated, but "around the world", come on Donald.

I believe that this child can adequately express how many of us feel.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

:lmao:

Nice.

I sometimes forget how isolating the human experience used to be before the internet.  Now you can find people who really understand how you feel from all over the globe.

2 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

Hm, I'm not sure. Not all things military are. It can be used for some things not for others. But let's face it this is all about stealing funds appropriated for the military to build the stupid ribbon of concrete he calls the wall.

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

The problem is not sinking fortunes as part of a vendetta from my perspective.  The problem is using false information, spread to millions of people, to tank a company's stock price.

I wouldn't recommend anyone do that, and it isn't a civil matter.  It's a criminal one.

2 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

It may not be.   Plus, a lot of this land isn't federal land, so if Trump is going to put troops there, he's going to have to find a place to put them.   I think he's going to manage to find a way to violate the third amendment.

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

So I begin watching.  It is clear that but for his notes he was unclear as to which countries had their leaders standing next to him. 

But he understood that the "Baltic States" are actually countries and not states?  I feel like that's pretty good for Donnie.  Baby steps. :thumbup:

Edited by parrot

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

This was In front of leaders of allied nations.  :(

https://twitter.com/brianraulgarcia/status/981217112621494274

ABC : Pres. Trump says NATO countries have taken in "many billions of dollars more than they would have had if you had Crooked Hillary Clinton as president."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics

I watched some of this. He also asked repeatidley for credit from the people sitting with him for saving NATO. He literally stopped and asked people sitting around the table to take time to tell everyone what Donald Trump did to save NATO :lol: 

20 minutes ago, -fish- said:

It may not be.   Plus, a lot of this land isn't federal land, so if Trump is going to put troops there, he's going to have to find a place to put them.   I think he's going to manage to find a way to violate the third amendment.

The flip side of the legal argument is that barring legislation to the contrary, the president has fairly broad "foreign affairs" authority under Article II, and border issues have previously been determined to be part of that authority.

Of course the other, even more important thing is that the president's brain is racism-flavored oatmeal and there's no reason to give anything he says any significance whatsoever at this point.  Best to not think too deeply on this idea unless something actually happens.

5 minutes ago, parrot said:

But he understood that the "Baltic States" are actually countries and not states?  I feel like that's pretty good for Donnie.  Baby steps. :thumbup:

Wait until he finds out he is not actually President of Georgia.