What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine a light bulb going off in trumps head and he goes “wow these EEs work and are popular!” And he passes some sort of EE to send troops into california to do something about immigration statewide.  Kinda like that scene in 2001 where the ape stares sideways at a pile of bones, then epic music plays and he picks up a femur and hits the pile once, realizes he is onto something and just smashes everything all to hell.  

I barely have time to type something, let alone make sure my acronyms are right much less actually read this forum much.  

In this dismal age of Trumpism, we need more heroes to look up to. 

Shohei Ohtani is fast becoming my antidote, seriously. Whenever I get sick and tired of reading about Trump and all of the negative crap he is doing, I scan the latest article on Ohtani to get a lift. 

Shohei Ohtani is fast becoming my antidote, seriously. Whenever I get sick and tired of reading about Trump and all of the negative crap he is doing, I scan the latest article on Ohtani to get a lift. 
It's been fun watching his story unfold so far.

So Trump's approval rating is inching into the low forties and that's supposed to be a "win?" Sometimes this doesn't seem like a fair contest, with Republicans always getting to dunk on the six-foot baskets.

https://twitter.com/SkywardAv3ry/status/981180731664760832

One racist thing that Trump has done as president. Just one, I'll wait.
Ana Navarro‏ @ananavarro Apr 3

1. Muslim Ban

2. Equating Neo-nazis w/those protesting against them

3. Whole response to Charlottesville

4. Pardoning racist Arpaio

5. Calling black athletes, “sons of #####es”

6. Ending DACA

7. Slower response to Puerto Rico

8. Calling predominantly black countries, “####-holes”

https://twitter.com/ananavarro/status/981252428195680257

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, Trump and Ohtani have been entertaining to watch.  Add in Tiger reterning at the Masters as well.

Actually, Trump and Ohtani have been entertaining to watch.  Add in Tiger reterning at the Masters as well.
Except when Ohtani and Tiger crap the bed, it doesn't negatively impact peoples' retirement, their taxes, their children's education, etc. So I guess Trump is fun to a person who has nothing to lose.

Once again, Donald Trump has put us in a position to negotiate from strength rather than simply taking the crap that the world wants to give us. You have to create leverage to negotiate. Trump did it. He doesn't want protectionism or trade wars. He wants fair trade. And he's more likely to get it than Bush or Obama were.

Q4 GDP growth was 2.9%, and current forecast for Q1 is 2.3%. Trump promised 4% and said that anything under 3% is a sign that you're a terrible president.
I believe his exact quote was:  "Whenever GDP is below 3%, Obama is a terrible president, and Hillary would have been worse."

Agree, Obama put us in a deep hole but hopefully with GDP growth and some entitlement reform we can start paying down the debt.
Does "entitlement reform" include taking away benefits from Americans who have paid into SS and Medicare their entire lives?

Perhaps your definition of entitlement reform is different than that, but when I hear entitlement reform, it sounds a lot like taking benefits away from 10's of millions of people who are 60 years old or over that have paid into a system their entire lives,.

And somehow that would okay, at the same time we've changed the tax code to eliminate the inheritance tax on estates over $5 million?

So people who inherit over $5 million shouldn't have to pay taxes on the amount over $5 million that they inherit, but we need entitlement reform to take away benefits from people over 60 years old that have paid into a system their entire lives?

If there's a different definition for entitlement reform, it would be interesting to hear.

Once again, Donald Trump has put us in a position to negotiate from strength rather than simply taking the crap that the world wants to give us. You have to create leverage to negotiate. Trump did it. He doesn't want protectionism or trade wars. He wants fair trade. And he's more likely to get it than Bush or Obama were.
What the hell are you talking about?

Does "entitlement reform" include taking away benefits from Americans who have paid into SS and Medicare their entire lives?

Perhaps your definition of entitlement reform is different than that, but when I hear entitlement reform, it sounds a lot like taking benefits away from 10's of millions of people who are 60 years old or over that have paid into a system their entire lives,.

And somehow that would okay, at the same time we've changed the tax code to eliminate the inheritance tax on estates over $5 million?

So people who inherit over $5 million shouldn't have to pay taxes on the amount over $5 million that they inherit, but we need entitlement reform to take away benefits from people over 60 years old that have paid into a system their entire lives?

If there's a different definition for entitlement reform, it would be interesting to hear.
The biggest one is welfare reform, making sure folks aren't gaming the system and that we are encouraging people to go to work.  Obamacare was an awful entitlement,  it needs to go away.  I believe keeping social security and medicare intact for folks that have paid their whole lives makes sense if possible.

The biggest one is welfare reform, making sure folks aren't gaming the system and that we are encouraging people to go to work.  Obamacare was an awful entitlement,  it needs to go away.  I believe keeping social security and medicare intact for folks that have paid their whole lives makes sense if possible.
Then buckle up.  If we are to believe what the GOP is saying, they disagree with you 100% and they've shown a remarkable inability to get rid of Obamacare.  It's quite amazing.

Observation:  There are some people who don't understand the difference between "bluffing" and "leverage".  I'd have never thought that.

Our current situation is as follows.......Trump :hophead:  about tariffs with China and has yet to implement them.  China took him at his :hophead:  have now imposed tariffs that are impacting us today.  That's not "creating leverage", that's bluffing and then ####ting your pants when the bluff is called.  Let me guess, it's going to be a "win" in your eye when China agrees to tariffs in the amount of only $1 billion instead of the $10s of billions....all the while us never implementing tariff #1, right?

Obamacare was an awful entitlement,
huh?

How was paying for insurance coverage an "awful entitlement"?

I might be missing something here, or this might be a solid fishing expedition, but I am not seeing Obamacare as an "entitlement"... it did not address the waste in the healthcare system from bloated Pharma, bloated Insurance, and bloated medical care - but I am not understanding the "entitlement" aspect.  We have always had insurance via an employer, so maybe I don't understand it well enough,

Oh you mean doing EEs that Republicans (and Trump) railed against when Obama did it?

Shoe, other foot and all that.
Completely different thing, one was a left shoe ,and this one is a far right shoe.  See the difference?  As for me, my favorite Shue is Elizabeth.  Here she is when she was younger.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elizabeth+shue+pictures&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvzfHN66PaAhWDAnwKHfdmC2kQsAQIKw&biw=1280&bih=915#imgrc=ih_9HJorHVzxdM:&spf=1522955571980

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice time window.  To answer your question,  +.67%
The last 15 months is not much better of a timeline.   How did your 401K do from 2010-2016?

In reality, there will be multiple major market corrections between now and when you retire (unless you are older than I think you are).  In the end, the overall performance of your 401K will have little to do with the policies of any President.

The last 15 months is not much better of a timeline.   How did your 401K do from 2010-2016?

In reality, there will be multiple major market corrections between now and when you retire (unless you are older than I think you are).  In the end, the overall performance of your 401K will have little to do with the policies of any President.
I actually agree with you.  The President doesn't have nearly as much impact on the stock market as most people think.  However,  the tax reform was a big deal.  It is my belief based on economics and experience that Republican policies are better for the stock market.

Such bogey man bull####.  Keep living in your bubble.  

I actually agree with you.  The President doesn't have nearly as much impact on the stock market as most people think.  However,  the tax reform was a big deal.  It is my belief based on economics and experience that Republican policies are better for the stock market.
I think short term that’s pretty well accepted.  I don’t know that long term that’s necessarily true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread