What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Aides sometimes plot to have guests make points on Fox that they have been unable to get the president to agree to in person.

“He will listen more when it is on TV,” a senior administration official tells WaPo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-must-see-tv-judge-jeanines-show-and-her-positive-take-on-the-president/2018/04/05/626169a8-3902-11e8-b57c-9445cc4dfa5e_story.html?utm_term=.eb844fe391f1
I'm still having trouble believing this is real life, and that 40% of americans think this guy is just swell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok....how about this.

Though I think I see where this is going if we're using Kudlow as a source  :mellow:  
I'm looking for an official announcement that tariffs have been implemented. I appreciate the effort finding articles that say it happened but it shouldn't be hard to find actual evidence outside of techcrunch and indiatimes. Prove Kudlow wrong.

I'm no trade expert, but from a Trump behavior standpoint it seems pretty obvious how this is gonna go down. He'll posture for a little while longer, then fold while finding some minute detail or concession that allows him to convince himself and his hard core followers that he "won" no matter what "the experts" say.  Then he'll take credit for ensuing stock market recovery, essentially double-dipping on credit for the market.
Dear god I hope you’re right lol

I'm looking for an official announcement that tariffs have been implemented. I appreciate the effort finding articles that say it happened but it shouldn't be hard to find actual evidence outside of techcrunch and indiatimes. Prove Kudlow wrong.
I have no reason to believe he's right.  I do have reason to believe official Chinese documents are correct though.  Sources sort of matter here.  Just a little bit.  I should have trusted my gut.

Market is taking a blood bath today, Powell sounds like an idiot, saying we have strong economic growth for more rate hikes and the Dow is down 3,000 points since January with a terrible jobs report today.  They better get their #### squared away or the recession word will hit in two more months.   

Market is taking a blood bath today, Powell sounds like an idiot, saying we have strong economic growth for more rate hikes and the Dow is down 3,000 points since January.  They better get their #### squared away or the recession word will hit in two more months.   
If the numbers hold, after today four of the six highest point drops in the Dow in history will have happened since February 5.

Market is taking a blood bath today, Powell sounds like an idiot, saying we have strong economic growth for more rate hikes and the Dow is down 3,000 points since January with a terrible jobs report today.  They better get their #### squared away or the recession word will hit in two more months.   
‘They’?

If the numbers hold, after today four of the six highest point drops in the Dow in history will have happened since February 5.
I have a hard time believing there aren’t people in his inner circle making money hand over fist off of all these bogus announcements.  UVXY and TVIX are moving +20% in a day sometimes.  LABU moves down double digits percentage points every time he talks about drug pricing.  Then Amazon.  Think of options on top of that.  Everyday it’s a new thing to short or go long.  Someone could easily make a 30% gain per DAY in their portfolio I would think if they knew what Trump was going to say the night before.  

I have a hard time believing there aren’t people in his inner circle making money hand over fist off of all these bogus announcements.  UVXY and TVIX are moving +20% in a day sometimes.  LABU moves down double digits percentage points every time he talks about drug pricing.  Then Amazon.  Think of options on top of that.  Everyday it’s a new thing to short or go long.  Someone could easily make a 30% gain per DAY in their portfolio I would think if they knew what Trump was going to say the night before.  
Don't be paranoid.

And just think if we had a tax cut card that we were holding in our hand in case we get down this path.

Good thing they already played this hand.  

:wall:  

Lobbyist couple had to change the locks on Pruitt
People familiar with the EPA administrator’s condo rental say the arrangement, which has drawn intense scrutiny, was supposed to be a temporary fix, but he overstayed his welcome.

By ELIANA JOHNSON 04/06/2018 03:13 PM EDT Updated 04/06/2018 04:31 PM EDT

Scott Pruitt was only supposed to be living in the Capitol Hill condominium that has become a focal point of his latest ethics controversy for six weeks last year while he got settled in Washington – but the new Environmental Protection Agency administrator didn’t leave when his lease ended.

Instead, he asked the lobbyist couple who became his disgruntled landlords to revise his lease several times, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.

The couple, Vicki and Steve Hart, became so frustrated by their lingering tenant that they eventually pushed him out and changed their locks. After trying to nudge Pruitt out of their home over the course of several months, the Harts finally told Pruitt in July that they had plans to rent his room to another tenant.

“The original arrangement was that he would be there living out of a suitcase … and it just kept going and going,” said one of the people with knowledge of the arrangement.

That favor turned into a headache for the couple when Pruitt repeatedly asked to extend his lease. “There were gentle questions regarding, OK, when are you going to leave and what have you ... and they even started sending him ads of places close by that he could rent,” said the first person.

“Scott Pruitt is the Kato Kaelin of Capitol Hill. He is the long-term house guest who takes advantage of his hosts and refuses to take a hint about when it’s time to leave,” the second person said.

Link

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Lobbyist couple had to change the locks on Pruitt
People familiar with the EPA administrator’s condo rental say the arrangement, which has drawn intense scrutiny, was supposed to be a temporary fix, but he overstayed his welcome.

By ELIANA JOHNSON 04/06/2018 03:13 PM EDT Updated 04/06/2018 04:31 PM EDT

Scott Pruitt was only supposed to be living in the Capitol Hill condominium that has become a focal point of his latest ethics controversy for six weeks last year while he got settled in Washington – but the new Environmental Protection Agency administrator didn’t leave when his lease ended.

Instead, he asked the lobbyist couple who became his disgruntled landlords to revise his lease several times, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.

The couple, Vicki and Steve Hart, became so frustrated by their lingering tenant that they eventually pushed him out and changed their locks. After trying to nudge Pruitt out of their home over the course of several months, the Harts finally told Pruitt in July that they had plans to rent his room to another tenant.

“The original arrangement was that he would be there living out of a suitcase … and it just kept going and going,” said one of the people with knowledge of the arrangement.

That favor turned into a headache for the couple when Pruitt repeatedly asked to extend his lease. “There were gentle questions regarding, OK, when are you going to leave and what have you ... and they even started sending him ads of places close by that he could rent,” said the first person.

“Scott Pruitt is the Kato Kaelin of Capitol Hill. He is the long-term house guest who takes advantage of his hosts and refuses to take a hint about when it’s time to leave,” the second person said.

Link

Only the best squatters. 

What an embarrassment this country is. 

Link

"Also, we killed a couple people.  So that makes him even more Kato."

I have no reason to believe he's right.  I do have reason to believe official Chinese documents are correct though.  Sources sort of matter here.  Just a little bit.  I should have trusted my gut.
I'm only looking to find confirmation that they actually have been implemented, not proposals. I'm looking for myself, not for any motive. I think it's important in this. It shouldn't be hard to find but I keep coming across examples to the contrary, like this.

As Washington and Beijing are both threatening import tariffs, analysts are growing concerned about the consequences these duties could have on emerging-market economies and currencies.

The tensions reached new heights this week, as China threatened duties on more than 100 products imported from the U.S., including soy beans and cars, in retaliation against proposed levies on at least $60 billion of China-made goods by the U.S.

No tariffs have actually implemented as of yet.

The Dow doesn't really have anything to do with economic growth... not that we have really had great economic growth during this entire run.

I'm only looking to find confirmation that they actually have been implemented, not proposals. I'm looking for myself, not for any motive. I think it's important in this. It shouldn't be hard to find but I keep coming across examples to the contrary, like this.
I think you may be correct that China has not actually implemented the tariffs and we are getting thrown off because they actually documented a detailed proposal in a professional manner instead of announcing potential global trade policy changes via Twitter. 

I think you may be correct that China has not actually implemented the tariffs and we are getting thrown off because they actually documented a detailed proposal in a professional manner instead of announcing potential global trade policy changes via Twitter. 
:D Can't argue with that.

Its really simple.  If an attempt to remove trump is made for ANY reason, his supporters will call it a coup and immediately brand the entire democrat party as traitors and we plunge into civil unrest.  I really do hope the people who seek this understand the dire consequences of the actions taken.  People who support an investigation into Trump fail to understand the total and absolute loss of credibility in the system.  

You can NOT perform an investigation of a president when his entire base distrusts the media, civic leaders and the entire system in general. That is incredibly dangerous and stupid.  

Its really simple.  If an attempt to remove trump is made for ANY reason, his supporters will call it a coup and immediately brand the entire democrat party as traitors and we plunge into civil unrest.  I really do hope the people who seek this understand the dire consequences of the actions taken.  People who support an investigation into Trump fail to understand the total and absolute loss of credibility in the system.  

You can NOT perform an investigation of a president when his entire base distrusts the media, civic leaders and the entire system in general. That is incredibly dangerous and stupid.  
Quoted for posterity. https://www.fbi.gov/

If you're not a Russian troll, you have some pent up anger about something that needs help. If the Alt-Right really thinks this way about our Republic and what our country has fought for in the past, may whomever have mercy on your soul(s).

What's dangerous and stupid is not enforcing the law because you're intimidated by some hate group.  If you don't stand for justice, you kneel for thugs.

Can't use a naughty word here but you post this crap every couple days. 

The coup already happened. 

We should set up a gofundme page for Riversco. If we raise enough money to move him out if the country he might calm down. If someone else does the leg work I will donate the first 2.57. 

We have to give in to the Nazis because if we don’t, the Nazis will start a Civil War which they will win with the the help of the Chinese Nazis and the Russian Nazis. So in order to avoid having the Nazis win, we have to let them win. 

Its really quite simple. 
Nailed it  --Riversco would be proud

Riversco said:

Polls have consistently shown support for the Mueller investigation, Mueller himself, and the notion of protecting/respecting the process. We can defer investigation, I suppose, to the fearful Trump base but that's not the GOP, Dems or the moderates in between. You'd hold the country hostage because there is a truly radical, militant fringe element to the electorate? Craven coward.

After John Kelly told Bret Baier that Trump’s immigration views had not been “fully informed” during the campaign and had since “evolved,” Trump berated Kelly in the Oval Office — his shouts so loud they could be heard through the doors, WaPo reports.

11 days ago, John Kelly grew so frustrated on the day Trump fired David Shulkin that Kirstjen Nielsen and Jim Mattis tried to calm him down and offer pep talks, three people with knowledge of the incident tell WaPo. “I’m out of here, guys,” Kelly said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/when-you-lose-that-power-how-john-kelly-faded-as-white-house-disciplinarian/2018/04/07/5e5b8b42-39be-11e8-acd5-35eac230e514_story.html?utm_term=.813bed680fbc

Riversco said:

Beej being beej.  Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread