Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!


gussy

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Memphis Foundry said:

OK, the Trump Years thread is back. It was sent to the archive on Sunday morning for some reason that isn't completely clear at this point.

What I do know is that late on Saturday evening, one of our moderators deleted seven posts from the thread. This event appears in the moderation logs.

However, there was no indication in the mod logs or admin logs that anyone archived the thread. Invision has confirmed that the "last post date" on the thread was somehow set to 0, which caused the archiving to commence.

My working theory is that the seven posts deleted by the moderator were the last seven posts in the thread (we know they were consecutive posts), and that somewhere during the deletion process, the software lost track of the last post date to assign to the thread in the database due to some obscure bug. Meanwhile, the archiving process is set to wake up every five minutes and look for threads that need to be archived. Since this happened late in the evening, my guess is that no one posted to the thread for the next five minutes. Once the archiver fired up, it saw a last post date of 0 in the database for the thread, which met its archiving criteria (a long, long time since the last post because zero in a time/date field would effectively be the defined "beginning of time"), and it started archiving the thread.

Thanks @Memphis Foundry. You guys could go ahead and merge this with the 3k thread too, just to keep things tidy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

I'm too young to know what it was like with Nixon. What did he do? Did he still go to other president's inaugurations? How was he treated?

He had a meaningful second act in his life. He wrote scholarly books, and became a well respected expert on foreign policy. The first Bush and then Bill Clinton consulted him.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

So, when this stain is finally gone, assuming he doesn't go to jail, what's he going to do? New York hates him. His fragile ego won't be able to handle the ashamed stares. Will he just become a recluse at Mar Lago and live out his dying days angry tweeting?

His name being synonymous with luxury will probably be finished, but there's always going to be a segment of society that loves him and, more importantly, buys his stuff. He'll cater to them and in his mind , the entire world will love him. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/07/2018 at 4:16 PM, apalmer said:

What's dangerous and stupid is not enforcing the law because you're intimidated by some hate group.  If you don't stand for justice, you kneel for thugs.

Lol

Fbg Poli sub forum rivals Stormfront when it comes to hate.

Joe knows it, Dodds knows it, even Aaron and Bob know it.

And certainly 90% of the user base who avoids this sub forum like the cancer it is knows it.

 

ETA: is that thread where that lunatic called for violence against Trump supporters still here or was it deleted?

Edited by Bozeman Bruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/08/2018 at 3:31 AM, huthut said:

Also a pedophile and draft dodger, don't sell him short.

Is this the Bill Clinton thread? His 20+ trips on the Lolita Express are going to haunt him for his remaining days

You forgot the most important fact about him, Bill Clinton is a rapist (according to half a dozen women he worked with)

Edited by Bozeman Bruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Lol

Fbg Poli sub forum rivals Stormfront when it comes to hate.

Joe knows it, Dodds knows it, even Aaron and Bob know it.

And certainly 90% of the user base who avoids this sub forum like the cancer it is knows it.

 

ETA: is that thread where that lunatic called for violence against Trump supporters still here or was it deleted?

Huh. Didn't think I'd see your face on a day like this.

 

On 2/16/2018 at 11:30 AM, Bozeman Bruiser said:

How long does it take for these people to realize that this indictment is the end of the Mueller investigation and that this thread is nothing more than 1500 pages of tinfoil hat wearers bouncing CNN fed propaganda off each other.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

ETA: is that thread where that lunatic called for violence against Trump supporters still here or was it deleted?

I’m not sure of the thread you’re talking about but FBG’s has to be a small minority of the internet population. I don’t link hate groups but a large “majority” of the internet population is dedicated to the man you follow and has been spewing hate for some time now. It’s been on the news and referenced many times around. I’ve never seen FBG on any major news source. Go to that subreddit and talk them down from the hatemongering they do each day. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump isn't going to jail and for the sake of the country I hope he isn't impeached.   I would like to see Kushner and Donald Jr go down.  Of course they will be pardoned but they should be known for the scum that they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

 

On 4/7/2018 at 0:16 PM, apalmer said:

What's dangerous and stupid is not enforcing the law because you're intimidated by some hate group.  If you don't stand for justice, you kneel for thugs.

Lol

Fbg Poli sub forum rivals Stormfront when it comes to hate.

Joe knows it, Dodds knows it, even Aaron and Bob know it.

And certainly 90% of the user base who avoids this sub forum like the cancer it is knows it.

 

ETA: is that thread where that lunatic called for violence against Trump supporters still here or was it deleted?

 

So you're saying you agree with Riversco that the proper course is to avoid a confrontation and let the Nazis have what they want?  Shocking. 

Edited by apalmer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Trump isn't going to jail and for the sake of the country I hope he isn't impeached.   

Why is that exactly?

IMO, it's important for us as a Democracy to make it clear that we are still in fact a Democracy with checks and balances that actually work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Why is that exactly?

IMO, it's important for us as a Democracy to make it clear that we are still in fact a Democracy with checks and balances that actually work.

I understand that but the process of removing a president from office takes a huge toll on the country and will only further divide us.   It took years for the country to heal after Watergate.  I wasn't a big fan of Reagan but he did manage to pull the country to together again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Why is that exactly?

IMO, it's important for us as a Democracy to make it clear that we are still in fact a Democracy with checks and balances that actually work.

I absolutely think Trump should be impeached and if I were in Congress I'd vote for his impeachment/removal.

With that said, I think it would be better for the country if he died in office from choking on KFC or something. While it would be good to send a message to people about democracy, Trump supporters aren't gonna hear that message because that's not how the impeachment would be reported on Fox News.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, squistion said:

One in five Americans have protested in the streets or participated in political rallies since the beginning of 2016.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2018/04/06/feature/in-reaction-to-trump-millions-of-americans-are-joining-protests-and-getting-political/?utm_term=.5056f24dc7bc

I’m shocked at that number.  I would have guessed 5%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I understand that but the process of removing a president from office takes a huge toll on the country and will only further divide us.   It took years for the country to heal after Watergate.  I wasn't a big fan of Reagan but he did manage to pull the country to together again.

This isn't how I would characterize that period of history. The Reagan administration enabled the seeds of the white christian nationalist faction to germinate and made progressivism a slur.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the “the fbi broke in to cohen’s house” claim when in fact they obtained a warrant through the proper channels and people trump put in their positions signed off on it. 

Not that anybody is going to care too much, but that statement is such blatant disrespect for criminal procedure and law enforcement. So embarrassing. 

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zow said:

I love the “the fbi broke in to cohen’s house” claim when in fact they obtained a warrant through the proper channels and people trump put in their positions signed off on it. 

Not that anybody is going to care too much, but that statement is such blatant disrespect for criminal procedure and law enforcement. So embarrassing. 

Obtained through a guy Trump appointed. A guy who donated to Trump’s campaign. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

This isn't how I would characterize that period of history. The Reagan administration enabled the seeds of the white christian nationalist faction to germinate and made progressivism a slur.

Perhaps but the country was reeling after the Vietnam war, Watergate, rapid inflation, the energy crisis, the Iran hostage crisis, etc.   I didn't care for Reagan's policies but he did restore a sense of pride about being an American again.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Perhaps but the country was reeling after the Vietnam war, Watergate, rapid inflation, the energy crisis, the Iran hostage crisis, etc.   I didn't care for Reagan's policies but he did restore a sense of pride about being an American again.   

So did Lee Greenwood.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Zow said:

I love the “the fbi broke in to cohen’s house” claim when in fact they obtained a warrant through the proper channels and people trump put in their positions signed off on it. 

Not that anybody is going to care too much, but that statement is such blatant disrespect for criminal procedure and law enforcement. So embarrassing. 

What's worse is the Republicans' allowing him to chit all over the rule of law in our country without any pushback.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Lol

Fbg Poli sub forum rivals Stormfront when it comes to hate.

Joe knows it, Dodds knows it, even Aaron and Bob know it.

And certainly 90% of the user base who avoids this sub forum like the cancer it is knows it.

 

ETA: is that thread where that lunatic called for violence against Trump supporters still here or was it deleted?

Aren't you just an Alias that David Dodds uses so you don't put your name up there?  I thought Joe put that in place so that you don't chase any more business away from the website than you already have.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, thayman said:

Aren't you just an Alias that David Dodds uses so you don't put your name up there?  I thought Joe put that in place so that you don't chase any more business away from the website than you already have.

joffer knows this is true

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Lol

Fbg Poli sub forum rivals Stormfront when it comes to hate.

Joe knows it, Dodds knows it, even Aaron and Bob know it.

And certainly 90% of the user base who avoids this sub forum like the cancer it is knows it.

 

ETA: is that thread where that lunatic called for violence against Trump supporters still here or was it deleted?

If 90% of the user base is avoiding this subforum because of Donald hate, then it's more likely that they have little defense of his actions to offer. That is, if your posts are any guidance on the matter. 

Never Trumpers hate his misogyny and racism. Why do his supporters excuse it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...