What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
65 million people voted for Hillary on election day.

Do you really believe that 65 million people have protested in the streets or participated in political rallies since the beginning of 2016?

depends what’s considered a “political rally”.  I’m in the conservative Austin suburbs and the number of people who are politically active has increase quite a bit since Trump’s election.  Probably 5x.  If going to meet candidates and/or joining advocacy groups counts, it’s probably higher than you think.

having said that, 1 in 5 does seem high.
Political rallies would include every event during the 2016 election all 57 Republican candidates and Bernie Sanders, who drew huge crowds everywhere he went.

65 million people voted for Hillary on election day.

Do you really believe that 65 million people have protested in the streets or participated in political rallies since the beginning of 2016?
Also, I'm fairly confident they exclude children from their 1/5th number, so you can move that number down to around 50 million.

April Ryan asked the question in the presser today: Will the president resign?

Sarah Huck responded with disgust & derision, but it’s a serious question. Mayors and parish/county presidents with scandal and investigation that swirl around them commonly do resign because they can’t do the job. Trump is clearly distracted in his job, I think we’ll start hearing this more.

:mellow:

Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker 4h4 hours ago

Alan Dershowitz to WaPo on his dinner with Trump:

“That’s where he gets my legal advice, on television. I do not have a lawyer-client relationship with him and therefore did not give him legal advice.”

If my President asks me to defend our country and legally elected administration against those that wish to circumvent the constitution and violate the rule of law, I will.  
Heil Trump!

(perceived hyperbole aside, realize how close that sarcastic comment is to historically proven realities. Please rise above that.

Legally elected by less votes than his opponent and more importantly disregarding just about all norms, mores and respect for law and the Constitution is not someone worthy of following. Unless, well, you believe in what Trump has shown is he believes. Which brings us right back to the disturbing reality that Heil Trump, in a world where folks say "just follow the legally elected President even if what he states and stands for is against all that American stands for (not to mention humanity) is sadly too true to merely be an off coloured joke or insult without basis in reality.

/rant - but it's your choice to support a miscreant racist grifter in chief  

This is a great video - even though the lady seems naive (maybe stupid) I feel like they were talking past each other.  She’s focusing on all the people that she talked to and meet with and how she knows they aren’t Russians - and the people she met with probably were all Americans who supported  Trump.  But it’s obvious she’s confused or is too stubborn/proud to admit that maybe she was duped.

I think the takeaway or focus from that is a lesson for all of us and one that we need to teach older folks and our kids - you have to question or vet things on the internet closely.  Just because somebody may agree (or appear to agree) with your political/religious/ethical views doesn’t mean they are your friend or wants what is best for you.  

Trump tweets....

“Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia,  because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!”

Oh dear

He means what he thinks the Constitution might be. 
What I mean is there were well organized and well funded protests against our constitutionally elected administration since before he was inaugurated.  There was a continuous effort to discredit or overturn the election.  A lot of people see that, resent it and will remember. 

In the last hour, President Trump has threatened war against Russia with regard to Syria, and then turned right around and argued for a new spirit of peace with Russia, including “ending the arms race”, whatever that means. 

Trump appears to be floundering here; he has never seemed more unprepared for the Predidency as he is in this situation. But that being said, I have no idea what he should be doing.

Heil Trump!

(perceived hyperbole aside, realize how close that sarcastic comment is to historically proven realities. Please rise above that.

Legally elected by less votes than his opponent and more importantly disregarding just about all norms, mores and respect for law and the Constitution is not someone worthy of following. Unless, well, you believe in what Trump has shown is he believes. Which brings us right back to the disturbing reality that Heil Trump, in a world where folks say "just follow the legally elected President even if what he states and stands for is against all that American stands for (not to mention humanity) is sadly too true to merely be an off coloured joke or insult without basis in reality.

/rant - but it's your choice to support a miscreant racist grifter in chief  
Thanks for the nice Nazi reference. 

With all due respect,I remember your rant against our President elect and our fellow Americans the morning after the election. Therefore, I don’t expect any objectivity from you on this Presidency or anyone that supports the President.  

:mellow:

Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker 4h4 hours ago

Alan Dershowitz to WaPo on his dinner with Trump:

“That’s where he gets my legal advice, on television. I do not have a lawyer-client relationship with him and therefore did not give him legal advice.”
 Find it hard to believe Dersh spent an evening at the WH and didn’t give legal advice.

With all due respect,I remember your rant against our President elect and our fellow Americans the morning after the election. Therefore, I don’t expect any objectivity from you on this Presidency or anyone that supports the President.  
that's "President"

In the last hour, President Trump has threatened war against Russia with regard to Syria, and then turned right around and argued for a new spirit of peace with Russia, including “ending the arms race”, whatever that means. 

Trump appears to be floundering here; he has never seemed more unprepared for the Predidency as he is in this situation. But that being said, I have no idea what he should be doing.
Well we know he shouldn’t be making threats at the Russians.

If my President asks me to defend our country and legally elected administration against those that wish to circumvent the constitution and violate the rule of law, I will.  
Sure, just don’t follow him blindly like an automaton when evaluating the Constitution and rule of law. Slavishly following leaders is itself unamerican.

With all due respect, youre easily top five around here when looking for the last person that should be calling out someone else about being objective. 

What I mean is there were well organized and well funded protests against our constitutionally elected administration since before he was inaugurated.  There was a continuous effort to discredit or overturn the election.  A lot of people see that, resent it and will remember. 
Okay. 

Find it hard to believe Dersh spent an evening at the WH and didn’t give legal advice.
There's advice and then there's "here's a retainer let me tell you what I really did and you can give me legal advice" advice.   I think he's referring to the later since even he admitted he gave the former.   

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

Our relationship with Russia is worse now than it has ever been, and that includes the Cold War. There is no reason for this. Russia needs us to help with their economy, something that would be very easy to do, and we need all nations to work together. Stop the arms race?

This guy. Just has to be the best at everything. Worse than the cold war. Yay.

With all due respect, youre easily top five around here when looking for the last person that should be calling out someone else about being objective. 
Sadly my pro-America/Pro-Trump perspective makes me a target in this sub forum.  That’s a big reason I have cut back my posting recently.   It’s just not worth it to engage.   

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago

Much of the bad blood with Russia is caused by the Fake & Corrupt Russia Investigation, headed up by the all Democrat loyalists, or people that worked for Obama. Mueller is most conflicted of all (except Rosenstein who signed FISA & Comey letter). No Collusion, so they go crazy!

Gonna take a few minutes to unpack all of that stupid.

Trump tweets....

“Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia,  because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!”

Oh dear
This makes me incredibly sad to see our President do this kind of ####.  :(  

Much of the bad blood with Russia is caused by the Fake & Corrupt Russia Investigation, headed up by the all Democrat loyalists, or people that worked for Obama. Mueller is most conflicted of all (except Rosenstein who signed FISA & Comey letter). No Collusion, so they go crazy!

And then it gets worse - WTF

He's parlaying this Russia/Syria thing to shove the wedge just a little bit deeper in the middle of our country.  

This is all 100% Grade-A Dumb But also dangerous. I see claimed justifications for firing Mueller & Rosenstein here plus the added new justification that it’s creating conflict (in Syria I suppose).

Isn't Mueller the only member of his team who isn't a Democrat? Wouldn't that make him the least conflicted?

Hey, suit yourself. Everything he has done since has only reinforced the sad underlying truths behand each of those rants. His Presidency has confirmed everything That rant represented.

Yet, even with all that additional evidence (of him lying, bullying, being a support and enabler of racists and nazis, someone who wants to dismantle the very foundations of our freedoms in terms of government checks and the press... the list goes on), some folks still support who and what he is.

I can be ok if folks who align with this disgusting human being dont "respect" me as I might be doing something wrong if the reverse were the case. 

Isn't Mueller the only member of his team who isn't a Democrat? Wouldn't that make him the least conflicted?
Well Mueller is a Republican, that much I know.

The whole thing is absurd. You don't get to stop an investigation because you think a few of the people working on the investigation disagree with you politically. By his logic, wouldn't someone who is PRO-Trump also have a conflict of interest?

I fear this is becoming a contradiction, if it hasn’t already. 
Germany Fir....   errr America First!

Some have the mind that America is a piece of land, furthermore one that "belongs" mostly to a certain set of people. Others believe America "is" her people.

Still others, myself included, believe America is neither its land nor its people, but rather the ideals we were founded upon and which still define who and what we are, as a nation. 

Hopefully that last bit remains true when we come to the other side of this disturbing chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious how you manage the two philosophies that are in direct contradiction to one another.  Seems like a nightmare to navigate :mellow:  
It's easy to navigate if one has not the will and/or ability to think this through fairly, logically or objectively AND/OR doesn't mind being a complete hypocrite on any number of levels AND/OR is ok aligning with an "America" that stands in clear contradiction to all we had stood for in the past, and all that our heros have bled and does for protecting those freedoms.

By his logic, wouldn't someone who is PRO-Trump also have a conflict of interest?
exactly why no one should be able to investigate him or anyone in his orbit!!!  They're either democrats biased against him or Trumpers biased for him.  Just end all investigations immediately.  Believe him, there was no collusion.  No collusion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread