Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

gussy

46 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Sadly my pro-America/Pro-Trump perspective makes me a target in this sub forum.  That’s a big reason I have cut back my posting recently.   It’s just not worth it to engage.   

40 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We're all pro-America, there's no need to even mention that.  It's being pro-Trump that makes you a target, a very easy one at that.

26 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Curious how you manage the two philosophies that are in direct contradiction to one another.  Seems like a nightmare to navigate :mellow: 

20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I fear this is becoming a contradiction, if it hasn’t already. 

I believe the word we're looking for here is 'backfire' 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

he has never seemed more unprepared for the Predidency as he is in this situation.

Nope. He has always seemed Zero prepared. He continues to seem Zero prepared. That's because he is Zero prepared. He will never rise above Zero prepared. 

It just seems like he is less prepared because of the stakes, but he started at zero and will stay there.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

Our relationship with Russia is worse now than it has ever been, and that includes the Cold War. There is no reason for this. Russia needs us to help with their economy, something that would be very easy to do, and we need all nations to work together. Stop the arms race?

This guy. Just has to be the best at everything. Worse than the cold war. Yay.

Translation: "Hey, Vlad, let me build a Trump Tower in Moscow to help your economy and we'll work with you and Assad to rid Syria of all those troublemakers."

Edited by apalmer

I can confidently say that this is the most I've ever enjoyed reading something by Erick Erickson. 

Excerpt of his conversation with an anonymous GOP Congressman below.  Apologies for circumventing the language filter, but as you'll see it was unavoidable:

"I read you writing about this, about wanting to say nice things when you can and criticize when you need to. He may be an idiot, but he's still the President and leader of my party and he is capable of doing some things right," he says before conceding it's usually other people doing the right things in the President's name. "But dammit he's taking us all down with him. We are well and truly ###### in November. Kevin [McCarthy] is already circling like a green fly circling #### trying to take Paul's [Ryan] job because nobody thinks he's sticking around for Nancy [Pelosi]. She's going to #### up the cafeteria again too. [Lord's name in vain], at least I'll probably lose too and won't have to put up with that #####."

He won't lose. His district is very Republican. What's the problem, though? Well, get ready…

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really ####### stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a ####ing idiot who thinks he's winning when people are #####hing about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention. I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of ##### movie. Can you believe it beat the Shawshank Redemption?"

We deviated to Stephen Speilberg for a moment and I had to remind him Robert Zemeckis, not Speilberg, directed it. Then I had to point out his taste in coffee sucks and suggested better. Moving right along…

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The #### will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the mother######. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night," he said before going off on a tangent about how the situations with Russia and China scare him.

FWIW this is pretty much exactly what every Republican I've talked to says off the record, except maybe for the "might as well impeach" bit and the Forrest Gump/Shawshank bit.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 12

Stupid me didn't even think of that angle. Repubs lose huge amounts of ground this November and decide to take Donald out in '19 before he can infect them even worse in '20. 

Trump, who has destroyed almost everything he's ever been involved in, Trumps the entire Republican Party. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Sadly my pro-America/Pro-Trump perspective makes me a target in this sub forum.  That’s a big reason I have cut back my posting recently.   It’s just not worth it to engage.   

Are you aware that you can be a Trump supporter and still have logical conversations using intelligent logic?   I'm a Journey fan, but I have no problem saying that Raised on Radio sucked donkey balls.  When you prance around acting like your guy is perfect and never admitting fault and being blind to every thing that's happening around you, you better be prepared to be a 'target', as you like to call it.  You, like most Trump supporters, are in way too deep at this point and have no intentions of looking at the facts and making a rational decision on anything. It's simply "trump is good, any opposition is bad". You have given up on thinking at this point. 

• Like 2

didnt trump get mad about obama supposedly telegraphing our military moves and now hes announcing our military maneuvers on twitter seems about right if you are doing by the laroosh linings playbook take that to the bank brochachos

9 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I can confidently say that this is the most I've ever enjoyed reading something by Erick Erickson. 

Excerpt of his conversation with an anonymous GOP Congressman below.  Apologies for circumventing the language filter, but as you'll see it was unavoidable:

FWIW this is pretty much exactly what every Republican I've talked to says off the record, except maybe for the "might as well impeach" bit and the Forrest Gump/Shawshank bit.

Literally did not see any of that coming.

Literally.

No, it's new definition.

I think.

Whatever - the opposite of literally.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

and yet...ON the record, they remain silent.  #### them :shrug: 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SWC said:

didnt trump get mad about obama supposedly telegraphing our military moves and now hes announcing our military maneuvers on twitter seems about right if you are doing by the laroosh linings playbook take that to the bank brochachos

Of course he did.  Because there's a tweet for everything. 

2 hours ago, John Bender said:

Using ####### Twitter to announce airstrikes are coming to Syria. 

Are you ####### kidding me?! 

When people say "there's a tweet for everything," there's a tweet for everything: 

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

@walaa_3ssaf No, dopey, I would not go into Syria, but if I did it would be by surprise and not blurted all over the media like fools.

5:09 AM - 29 Aug 2013

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

They're running it the right way. At least that's how the current Republican party sees the right way these days. Old white people get everything. Screw minorities via any means possible. 

5 minutes ago, caustic said:

When people say "there's a tweet for everything," there's a tweet for everything: 

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

@walaa_3ssaf No, dopey, I would not go into Syria, but if I did it would be by surprise and not blurted all over the media like fools.

5:09 AM - 29 Aug 2013

At the risk of sounding like Trump (God help me), has there been anyone in US political history who has done so many things he previously criticized others harshly for doing? It's amazing to see how this guy generates any support at all.  

• Like 2

Just now, packersfan said:

At the risk of sounding like Trump (God help me), has there been anyone in US political history who has done so many things he previously criticized others harshly for doing? It's amazing to see how this guy generates any support at all.  

Thomas Jefferson suffered that particular weakness.  He was master politician though. 

This was something he had to be advised on?

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4h4 hours ago

Trump has been advised not to contribute to a fund set up to help former campaign aides and White House staffers pay legal bills related to the Russia investigation, a person familiar with the matter tells Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-09/trump-is-said-to-stay-away-from-fund-for-staff-in-russia-probe

So I finished the Netflix documentary on Trump last night.  Pretty interesting.  I wish it was longer but it was a nice highlight reel of his early years - something I never really paid much attention to. 

Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, a figure of some national importance, will not seek re-election. 

I'm sure this has nothing to do with anything else going on in the news.  Nothing.  Nothingburger.  

Incidentally his seat, WI-01 I believe, is in a swingy district (won by Obama in 2008 although not 2012) and the Democrats have a superb candidate, Randy Bryce, running. 

Bye, Representative Ryan!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aerial Assault said:

Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, a figure of some national importance, will not seek re-election. 

I'm sure this has nothing to do with anything else going on in the news.  Nothing.  Nothingburger.  

Incidentally his seat, WI-01 I believe, is in a swingy district (won by Obama in 2008 although not 2012) and the Democrats have a superb candidate, Randy Bryce, running. 

Jon Favreau‏Verified account @jonfavs 1h1 hour ago

Paul Ryan makes John Boehner look like Tip O’Neill

• Like 1

Just now, Aerial Assault said:

Good riddance. This guy is worse than Trump IMO because he actually knows what he did. This tax code deal is his legacy and will be his curse to bear.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

Good riddance. This guy is worse than Trump IMO because he actually knows what he did. This tax code deal is his legacy and will be his curse to bear.

:lmao:

He will be rewarded for it.

47 minutes ago, squistion said:

This was something he had to be advised on?

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4h4 hours ago

Trump has been advised not to contribute to a fund set up to help former campaign aides and White House staffers pay legal bills related to the Russia investigation, a person familiar with the matter tells Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-09/trump-is-said-to-stay-away-from-fund-for-staff-in-russia-probe

Surprised he needs to be advised.  Trump has proven throughout his life that he won't contribute to anything.    

• Like 3

:no:

Trump has quietly signed an executive order directing federal agencies to strengthen existing work requirements and introduce new ones for low-income Americans receiving Medicaid, food stamps, public housing benefits and welfare, WaPo reports.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-executive-order-strengthens-work-requirements-for-neediest-americans/2018/04/10/21e21382-3d08-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?utm_term=.437bed9d17fb

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

9:45 PM - 28 Aug 2013 
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Replying to @Walaa3ssaf

7:09 AM - Aug 29, 2013 · Manhattan, NY

You can't fix stupid!

Just now, lazyike said:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

9:45 PM - 28 Aug 2013 
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Replying to @Walaa3ssaf

7:09 AM - Aug 29, 2013 · Manhattan, NY

You can't fix stupid!

Again, there's a tweet for everything.