What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WaPo now confirms:

The owner of the National Enquirer paid $30,000 in late 2015 to a onetime Trump Tower doorman who was offering an embarrassing story about then-candidate Trump but never published it, according to a person familiar with the payment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/national-enquirer-paid-second-source-with-embarrassing-trump-rumor/2018/04/12/73ab8d0e-3e59-11e8-a7d1-e4efec6389f0_story.html?utm_term=.5e7655356d84
I have to wonder if Trump/The Trump Org reimbursed the Nat'l enquirer for these payments...I guess we'll find out.

I have to wonder if Trump/The Trump Org reimbursed the Nat'l enquirer for these payments...I guess we'll find out.
Quid pro quo like when Kim Kardashian shares photos of her kid’s first birthday in exchange for not posting the one of her sucking face with Jim McMahon

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-protests/nationwide-protests-planned-if-trump-fires-mueller-or-rosenstein-idUSKBN1HI2G3?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5ace66ee04d30153173080a1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Nationwide protests planned if Trump fires Mueller or Rosenstein

(Reuters) - U.S. progressive groups are gearing up for nationwide protests if President Donald Trump fires the special counsel investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, or replaces the Justice Department official overseeing the probe.

An ouster of Special Counsel Robert Mueller would signal that Trump was acting as if he was above the law, said MoveOn.org, which is planning 800 demonstrations across the country.

Every state will have at least one “Nobody Is Above The Law” rally and at least 320,000 people have pledged to attend so far, according to MoveOn’s website.

Trump would also trigger protests if he fired Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is responsible for overseeing the Russia probe, or if he pardoned associates targeted in the investigation, such as former Trump campaign director Paul Manafort, MoveOn said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-protests/nationwide-protests-planned-if-trump-fires-mueller-or-rosenstein-idUSKBN1HI2G3?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5ace66ee04d30153173080a1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

(Reuters) - U.S. progressive groups are gearing up for nationwide protests if President Donald Trump fires the special counsel investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, or replaces the Justice Department official overseeing the probe.

An ouster of Special Counsel Robert Mueller would signal that Trump was acting as if he was above the law, said MoveOn.org, which is planning 800 demonstrations across the country.

Every state will have at least one “Nobody Is Above The Law” rally and at least 320,000 people have pledged to attend so far, according to MoveOn’s website.

Trump would also trigger protests if he fired Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is responsible for overseeing the Russia probe, or if he pardoned associates targeted in the investigation, such as former Trump campaign director Paul Manafort, MoveOn said.
Probably organized by a Russian Facebook group 

Great.  Now I have that Nationwide is on your Side jingle in my head.  Thanks Peyton!

WaPo now confirms:

The owner of the National Enquirer paid $30,000 in late 2015 to a onetime Trump Tower doorman who was offering an embarrassing story about then-candidate Trump but never published it, according to a person familiar with the payment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/national-enquirer-paid-second-source-with-embarrassing-trump-rumor/2018/04/12/73ab8d0e-3e59-11e8-a7d1-e4efec6389f0_story.html?utm_term=.5e7655356d84
We're entering this territory

Pruitt insisted on staying in luxury hotels that were costlier than allowed by government standards, while also pushing to fly on an airline not on the government’s approved list so he could accrue frequent flier miles, according to a top former deputy.

“Pruitt would often seek to schedule trips back to Oklahoma, where he still owns a home, so he could stay there for weekends. ‘Find me something to do,’ were the instructions Mr. Pruitt gave his staff, after telling them he wanted to travel to particular destinations.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/climate/pruitt-epa-ethics-letter-congress.html?smid=tw-share

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

Trump, who once called TPP “a rape of our country,” has reportedly told top admin officials to look at rejoining the trade agreement.

The mission of the NSA in general is to provide intelligence and nuanced analysis of the collected data. Why stick around to perform that most difficult job if the guy who ultimately decides how to use it doesn't understand it?
Right.  It's a thankless position.  If the poop hits the fan.....whomever is in charged will get blamed for it.  

#FakeNews

I am going to Costco this afternoon to renew my membership.  It does not get much better than that.
Lucky bastage. I have to wait until all 26 paychecks at an extra buck fifty get to me... but then? Making my household great again!

It's news because we were told the opposite was going to happen.  I AM SHOCKED.
In fairness we were told by the R's who disagree with math, science and reality that it was going to be good for middle class but most economists, the CBO, anyone who reviewed the actual facts and not spin knew this.  At the time it was signed the vast majority of americans didn't believe it was a middle class tax cut.  

@Don't Noonan has it booked marked.  Send him a PM.
Thank you.  I am very well versed on this unlike many of you in the Political forum.  Yes, the tax cuts helped corporations, we have seen many give out bonuses to workers (mine did) or hire new employees.   These new jobs and wage increases are great for the economy.   Add in the reduction in taxes for personal tax returns and it is a win/win.  There are two groups of people who don't benefit as much from the recent tax cuts, those that don't pay any taxes to begin with and the top 1/10th of 1 percent.  You see, contrary to what the media wants you to believe, the top 1/10th of 1% paid 18% of all taxes last year, this year it will go up to 22%.  

I suppose they do benefit from the estate tax being repealed and I am positive the increasing stock market is helping them.

boy, what other skeletons are they going to dig up now that they've entered the Cohen vault...

MJ Lee‏Verified account @mj_lee

FollowFollow @mj_lee

More

NEW: Trump doorman Dino Sajudin releases statement: "I was instructed not to criticize President Trump's former housekeeper due to a prior relationship she had with President Trump which produced a child.” (via @soniamoghe)

FollowFollow @mj_lee

More

NEW: Trump doorman Dino Sajudin releases statement: "I was instructed not to criticize President Trump's former housekeeper due to a prior relationship she had with President Trump which produced a child.” (via @soniamoghe)
:popcorn:

boy, what other skeletons are they going to dig up now that they've entered the Cohen vault...

FollowFollow @mj_lee

More

Arnold Schwarzenegger called and wants his shtick back. 

FollowFollow @mj_lee

More

I guess the first question is who gave the instructions?

Henry Ford said:
No, of course, Forrest Gump was a real surprise best picture winner over Four Weddings And A Funeral and Quiz Show as well.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Strunk and White didn't think that was one of your best posts amongst the other. 

(Sorry, between v. amongst is a grammar pet peeve of mine)

Not that I don't believe you, but can you cite that?
Not sure how to link but it is a video on Foxnews right now where former Reagen Economist Art Laffer is being interviewed over recent comments by Senator Cory Booker calling the bonuses due to the tax reform "crumbs" that are driving up the national debt.  Click on "Government hates the people who give them money: Art Laffer."

Strunk and White didn't think that was one of your best posts amongst the other. 

(Sorry, between v. amongst is a grammar pet peeve of mine)
If it's a pet peeve of yours, you should learn how they're used.  

Between is generally used when you name the things or consider them individually (between Forrest Gump, Shawshank, and Pulp Fiction, as I used it.)

Among (or amongst if you want to annoy me) is for when you don't (among the Best Picture nominees.)

The belief that "between" is for two things and "among" is for more than two is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread