What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthias said:
Then what's the point of confirmtion hearings?
I'd prefer they focused more on academic and professional qualifications; not what a prospective judge personally thinks on a particular issue/case. 

ETA: E.g. that line of questioning on the clown who clearly didn't prep enough to know what a motion in limine is would be a good example. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

Trump, who once called TPP “a rape of our country,” has reportedly told top admin officials to look at rejoining the trade agreement.
Hey, at least he fulfilled a major campaign promise for a whole year. 

I also believe that intellectually she could recognize that Brown was correctly decided, but as an intolerant bigot she disagrees with it.
To recognize that a case was correctly decided is to believe that it was decided the right way — i.e., it is to agree with it.

In any event, she’s refusing to comment on whether she thinks any particular cases were correctly decided, which is perfectly appropriate. Her job, if she is confirmed, is not to second-guess the Supreme Court. Second-guessing the Supreme Court, therefore, should not be part of her job interview.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Caught the Chuck Lorre vanity card for Young Sheldon.

All it said, "Sixty Russians spies gone..One to go"

:shock:
Tonight’s after BBT:

“Arise dirtbags!  Step out from the shadows and stand proudly in the sunlight.  Your craven misdeeds and unholy crimes matter no more.  Every lie, every cheat and every betrayal has been forgiven.  From pulpits across the land, your corruption has been sanctified.   Go forth and behave despicably.  And fear not the wrath of those you harm.  In fact, accuse them of your crimes.  Assign to them your slimy motives.  And if all else fails, have your lawyers destroy them.   Oh yes, dirtbags, it’s a new world. It’s your world.  Squat down and defecate on it.”

Wow.

And yes, I watch Big Bang Theory - my wife and I enjoy it.  Sue me.

ETA: “Damn, don’t think I’da told that brother”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-protests/nationwide-protests-planned-if-trump-fires-mueller-or-rosenstein-idUSKBN1HI2G3?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5ace66ee04d30153173080a1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Nationwide protests planned if Trump fires Mueller or Rosenstein

(Reuters) - U.S. progressive groups are gearing up for nationwide protests if President Donald Trump fires the special counsel investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, or replaces the Justice Department official overseeing the probe.

An ouster of Special Counsel Robert Mueller would signal that Trump was acting as if he was above the law, said MoveOn.org, which is planning 800 demonstrations across the country.

Every state will have at least one “Nobody Is Above The Law” rally and at least 320,000 people have pledged to attend so far, according to MoveOn’s website.

Trump would also trigger protests if he fired Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is responsible for overseeing the Russia probe, or if he pardoned associates targeted in the investigation, such as former Trump campaign director Paul Manafort, MoveOn said.
They would get even more protesters if it was somehow  given the appearance  of a bipartisan protest. I for one would not participate in a Moveon protest.

WTH?

“Pruitt was described by numerous sources as a disastrous tenant, with one comparing him to Owen Wilson’s character in You, Me and Dupree. According to three people familiar with events, Pruitt would not take out the trash during his time staying at the townhouse believing that a cleaning service would do it for him. There was no cleaning service that came with the apartment, however. And the garbage bags piled up to the point that Vicki Hart was forced to tell him to put them in the canister and to take that canister out to the street the next time he left the building.”

WTH?

“Pruitt was described by numerous sources as a disastrous tenant, with one comparing him to Owen Wilson’s character in You, Me and Dupree. According to three people familiar with events, Pruitt would not take out the trash during his time staying at the townhouse believing that a cleaning service would do it for him. There was no cleaning service that came with the apartment, however. And the garbage bags piled up to the point that Vicki Hart was forced to tell him to put them in the canister and to take that canister out to the street the next time he left the building.”
Perfect guy to head our Environment Protection Agency.

WTH?

For $50 you think they would include the cleaning service option...

WTH?

Sounds like my college apartment. So. Many. Fruit. Flys. 

Yes, they consistently blocked as many judicial appoints as they could and those on the right here had no issue with it.
It's nothing short of amazing that he was able to get as many as he did confirmed. 

If I'm not mistaken he appointed slightly more than Bush. 

Or I’d build a media empire until the entire world feared me.  Guess we know which way he went. 
Before this recent news cycle I honestly never thought anybody took anything in the National Enquirer seriously.    I’ve always believed that everything was just complete unabashed trash with stories about three eyed fish, kids born from a mother and monkey, Bill Clinton caught hooking up with the neighbors daughter, Kanye West caught cheating on Kim with Khoe and Kendall and everything else to sell rags. 

Even when they were the ones that broke the major story of infidelity a few years ago (John Edwards IIRC) I basically assumed it was the blind squirrel finding the nut. 

If the Trump has a kid with the housekeeper had been published, I would have actually assumed it was fake purely by it being in the Enquirer.  

Before this recent news cycle I honestly never thought anybody took anything in the National Enquirer seriously.    I’ve always believed that everything was just complete unabashed trash with stories about three eyed fish, kids born from a mother and monkey, Bill Clinton caught hooking up with the neighbors daughter, Kanye West caught cheating on Kim with Khoe and Kendall and everything else to sell rags. 

Even when they were the ones that broke the major story of infidelity a few years ago (John Edwards IIRC) I basically assumed it was the blind squirrel finding the nut. 

If the Trump has a kid with the housekeeper had been published, I would have actually assumed it was fake purely by it being in the Enquirer.  
This is not the viewpoint of the Trump supporter.  Any publication that attacks libs and defends Trump is an honorable, truthful, and fair media source. 

:(

Jake Tapper‏ @jaketapper 1h1 hour ago

Wednesday

What do you tell your children when they ask you about the president's temperament and character?

SPEAKER RYAN: They don't really ask me about the president's temperament and character. We try not to talk about these things.

Wednesday

What do you tell your children when they ask you about the president's temperament and character?

SPEAKER RYAN: They don't really ask me about the president's temperament and character. We try not to talk about these things.
I'm not defending Ryan, but I gotta say squis, my kids never asked about the president's temperament and character either :lol:

So glad Ryan will be gone soon. Our country will be so much better off without him. 
Absolutely. He's the worst kind of scumbag. The coward who stands by silently and watches a guy like Trump try to destroy the credibility of establishments like the FBI and CIA. Trump is literally trying to ruin the trust of our entire legal system just to avoid punishment for his own life of crime and Ryan just smiles, waves, and pretends all is well. At least with Trump, 75% of the country realizes he's a con man. People look to our leaders to make sure one person can't destroy the foundation of our our country. And Ryan was supposed to be one of those leaders. 

Wednesday

“My kids don’t like horror stories so we try not discuss what I’m complicit in doing to the country in leaving for them”

He's going to be replaced by somebody significantly worse. 
Possibly but he was still a reprehensible blight on our country. Good riddance.

It's like if Trump was removed and Pence took over. Pence is revolting on nearly every level as a human but that won't make me long for Trump to come back. 

Great Republican Presidential quotes:

“Officeholders are the agents of the people, not their masters.” Teddy Roosevelt

"War is mankind’s most tragic and stupid folly; to seek or advise its deliberate provocation is a black crime against all men.”– Eisenhower

“Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.” – Lincoln

“I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.” - Reagan

"Can you imagine me with hookers?" - Trump

Adam Schiff‏ @RepAdamSchiff 19m19 minutes ago

On the day the President wrongly attacks Comey for being a “leaker and liar” he considers pardoning a convicted leaker and liar, Scooter Libby. This is the President’s way of sending a message to those implicated in the Russia investigation: You have my back and I‘ll have yours.

On the day the President wrongly attacks Comey for being a “leaker and liar” he considers pardoning a convicted leaker and liar, Scooter Libby. This is the President’s way of sending a message to those implicated in the Russia investigation: You have my back and I‘ll have yours.
Yup. I'm no expert on obstruction of justice by any stretch but this sure looks like one to me.

It seems to me that if a couple of the flunkies Mueller nabs in his investigation blab that pardons were discussed with the White House prior to their testimony, that might be something that would really rile the fence-sitters in the country.

He'd be replaced by Pence who despite being an absolutely vile and contemptible human in nearly every way possible is not worse than Trump.

In my opinion.
Pence would probably try to push some dumb social issue stuff that could easily be reversed. 

He wouldn’t start a world war and he’d probably steady the economy and market. 

I’m really hoping we can somehow get him him in. 

My guess is Pence is equally unprepared for being president - but he does have experience in government, and understands a little bit more than Little Donnie Two Scoops.

Pence is a politician. You can deal with politicians. 
He's also not a bumbling idiot. This country has always survived Presidents with some radical thoughts regarding policies. There are other branches of government that keep that under control. It would just be nice to get someone in there who would change the fact that we've become a global laughing stock. The world sees Putin playing Trump like a puppet. It sees China countering Trump's idiotic trade threats and making him look like an idiot. We have lost all respect, internationally. He's even mistreated our long time allies. I'm dreading Trump ever getting together with Jung UN. Even that guy is ten times smarter than Trump. It would be such a pleasure to have Pence in there and feel somewhat proud of our leadership again.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread