What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it's also what it looks like when narcissist with ADD is not being showered with praise and has no control over his environment.

Place him in front of a few thousand admirers in a high school gym in Alabama and he'll perk right up.
This. He was at a summit surrounded by great minds. Powerful leaders. He is being disgraced right now in his own country and his charade is crumbling to the ground. He's very well that everyone in the room knows all about it. You're absolutely right about a trump rally. He will be scheduling one very very soon. Or jumping off a building. One or the other

This. He was at a summit surrounded by great minds. Powerful leaders. He is being disgraced right now in his own country and his charade is crumbling to the ground. He's very well that everyone in the room knows all about it. You're absolutely right about a trump rally. He will be scheduling one very very soon. Or jumping off a building. One or the other
My first grandchild was born yesterday, I wonder what kind of Trump themed video games he'll have to play when he gets older. 

True, but it's also what it looks like when narcissist with ADD is not being showered with praise and has no control over his environment.

Place him in front of a few thousand admirers in a high school gym in Alabama and he'll perk right up.
I went to Trump's website to see when he was doing his next rally, but there are none on the schedule. (cue sad trombone)

However, I did see this fantastical list of "promises kept" (and I mean fantastical in the literal sense of the word):

- President Trump jump-started America's economy!
- President Trump protected the American homeland so that every American can feel safe in their community!
- President Trump rebuilt our military!
- President Trump crushed ISIS!
- President Trump created a task force!
- President Trump included actions to improve the lives of rural Americans!
- President Trump partnered with local communities!
- President Trump has created more transparency!
- President Trump built stronger rural communities!
- President Trump made sure the government fulfilled its commitment to our country's veterans by reforming the V.A.!

I went to Trump's website to see when he was doing his next rally, but there are none on the schedule. (cue sad trombone)

However, I did see this fantastical list of "promises kept" (and I mean fantastical in the literal sense of the word):

- President Trump protected the American homeland so that every American can feel safe in their community!
- President Trump made sure the government fulfilled its commitment to our country's veterans by reforming the V.A.!
'Has created more transparency' kind of jumps off the page. Wow. 

Trump jumping off a building? In his deranged mind he is the greatest POTUS of all time.

That’s seriously what a kid would write. 

Trump jumping off a building? In his deranged mind he is the greatest POTUS of all time.
He puts on a good front. But it's all collapsing on him now. Everyone he thought he could trust has turned on him. No one is willing to take a fall for his criminal activities at this point. He's going down and he knows it.

Didn’t do anything about crumbling infrastructure

didnt do anything about opioid abuse

didnt do anything to secure voting

didnt do anything when an ally murdered a critical journalist

Didn’t close an umbrella

One thing is for certain, when looking back on the Obama years, how can we not give him credit for including actions to improve the lives of urban Americans? I mean, that’s like verbatim my response is asked “obama Legacy.”

President Trump is quoted as saying convicted criminal Paul Manafort is a very good man and feels sorry for him. A friend of mine said lots of politicians have said that about people they know. Does anyone have some examples of that?

President Trump is quoted as saying convicted criminal Paul Manafort is a very good man and feels sorry for him. A friend of mine said lots of politicians have said that about people they know. Does anyone have some examples of that?
Off the top of my head I would guess Cheney and/or Bush said something similar about Scooter Libby

Crimes are for the poor people, not the ruling class.

If you’re making the point that he is working long hours, I agree and it’s a valid point.  I can’t imagjne how fried anyone would be after 18+ hour days, the travel and having to be on all the time.  Let alone the stress of your world crumbling.  I give him a pass on some spaced-out moments.  
I can’t imagine how fried someone would be after 6 diet cokes and a couple hours of foxnews.

If you’re making the point that he is working long hours, I agree and it’s a valid point.  I can’t imagjne how fried anyone would be after 18+ hour days, the travel and having to be on all the time.  Let alone the stress of your world crumbling.  I give him a pass on some spaced-out moments.  
lol at Trump working 18hrs per day.  That's so preposterous as to be laughable.  He won't even dedicate the time it takes to read a proper brief.  Had to have them all converted to the cliff notes versions.

Does watching FoxNews in bed = working?  If so there are a lot of retirees in this country putting in long hours as well. 

Cancelled his press conference today.
I was very much looking forward to having a press conference just prior to leaving Argentina because we have had such great success in our dealing with various countries and their leaders at the G20....

9:21 AM · Dec 1, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

....However, out of respect for the Bush Family and former President George H.W. Bush we will wait until after the funeral to have a press conference.

Should we be shocked that Trump is using HW’s death as political cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Ham said:
Heh. No, I’m alluding to the fact that he is a bigly mess, and joking that him/his handlers think it’s time to put him on 24/7 “executive time.”

bigbottom said:
I was very much looking forward to having a press conference just prior to leaving Argentina because we have had such great success in our dealing with various countries and their leaders at the G20....

....However, out of respect for the Bush Family and former President George H.W. Bush we will wait until after the funeral to have a press conference.

Not in the slightest. Him and class parted ways in his toddler years, methinks.

James Daulton said:
lol at Trump working 18hrs per day.  That's so preposterous as to be laughable.  He won't even dedicate the time it takes to read a proper brief.  Had to have them all converted to the cliff notes versions.
What do brief mean?

bigbottom said:

We should be shocked if he's invited to the funeral.

:shrug:  I very rarely say anything neutral to nice about Trump, though I’ve previously praised his innate instinct to manipulate the media, and his endurance.  Anyone who can endure the hours and constant travel associated with a Presidential campaign, for example, has what I view as a kind of superpower.  I’d crumble and need to bury my head under a pillow.  And if I didn’t, I’d be a total space case.  
That’s a fair point. 

:shrug:  I very rarely say anything neutral to nice about Trump, though I’ve previously praised his innate instinct to manipulate the media, and his endurance.  Anyone who can endure the hours and constant travel associated with a Presidential campaign, for example, has what I view as a kind of superpower.  I’d crumble and need to bury my head under a pillow.  And if I didn’t, I’d be a total space case.  
Oh sure, the guy has boundless energy. Of that, I have no doubt. But he’s practically allergic to doing the real work of being president. 

:(

$83 million?

Stephen Schwartz‏Verified account @AtomicAnalyst Dec 1

After less than two years in office, Donald Trump has spent an astonishing 23 percent of his days playing golf, almost always on a course that he personally owns. The estimated cost to taxpayers of his leisure activity now stands at $83,000,000 and rising.

https://cdn.govexec.com/a/interstitial.html?v=8.21.0&rf=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.govexec.com%2Fcontracting%2F2018%2F11%2Ftrumps-secret-service-may-have-just-set-spending-record-presidential-golf-carts%2F153192%2F%3Foref%3Dge-android-article-share

:(

$83 million?

Stephen Schwartz‏Verified account @AtomicAnalyst Dec 1

After less than two years in office, Donald Trump has spent an astonishing 23 percent of his days playing golf, almost always on a course that he personally owns. The estimated cost to taxpayers of his leisure activity now stands at $83,000,000 and rising.

https://cdn.govexec.com/a/interstitial.html?v=8.21.0&rf=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.govexec.com%2Fcontracting%2F2018%2F11%2Ftrumps-secret-service-may-have-just-set-spending-record-presidential-golf-carts%2F153192%2F%3Foref%3Dge-android-article-share
More money than the Mueller investigation.

More money than the Mueller investigation.
And I am old to remember when Republicans and people in the FFA complained about the excessive amount of time Obama spent playing golf and what it cost the taxpayers - but not a peep out of any of them now regarding Trump and his golfing holidays.

And I am old to remember when Republicans and people in the FFA complained about the excessive amount of time Obama spent playing golf and what it cost the taxpayers - but not a peep out of any of them now regarding Trump and his golfing holidays.
Or the fact that a good chunk of the money bring spent goes right back to Trump.

Or the fact that a good chunk of the money bring spent goes right back to Trump.
Exactly.  And I still have Trumpers posting memes on Facebook about how the honorable Donald Trump gave up his billionaire lifestyle to try to save the country. And doesn't even accept the presidential salary. LOL  They actually believe he is losing money. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread