Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

gussy

Today, after 2 years with Fox News, Hope Hicks a 'friend to the President' rejoined the WH staff, reporting to Jared Kushner, trump's son-in-law. Nepotism.  Cronyism.  'Only the best people.'  Your tax dollars at work.  Worst. Administration. Ever.  And it's barely news. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zerp said:

Today, after 2 years with Fox News, Hope Hicks a 'friend to the President' rejoined the WH staff, reporting to Jared Kushner, trump's son-in-law. Nepotism.  Cronyism.  'Only the best people.'  Your tax dollars at work.  Worst. Administration. Ever.  And it's barely news. 

Google it, The news about Hicks is all over news sites.

11 minutes ago, Zerp said:

Hope Hicks is trending on Twitter at the moment. 

https://twitter.com/search?q="Hope Hicks"&src=tren

6 hours ago, Zerp said:

Nepotism because she's "like a daughter" to him? She probably is the best person.

The point about tax dollars at work is a good one, though. She's reportedly coming back to help work on the campaign. Tax dollars aren't supposed to be used for that.

• Thanks 1

Sens. Merkley and Van Hollen have introduced new legislation that would require the Senate to consider evidence and hear from witnesses in future impeachment trials. It would ensure the rights of both sides to call relevant witnesses and intro evidence.  

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1228287773272137729

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Sens. Merkley and Van Hollen have introduced new legislation that would require the Senate to consider evidence and hear from witnesses in future impeachment trials. It would ensure the rights of both sides to call relevant witnesses and intro evidence.  

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1228287773272137729

This won't go anywhere, nor should it.

22 hours ago, The Commish said:

Agreed.  The senate should have called witnesses in this impeachment trial, but I think it's highly inappropriate to make that determination for future trials.  These should all be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Edited by IvanKaramazov

On 2/12/2020 at 3:37 AM, adonis said:

On 2/12/2020 at 3:37 AM, adonis said:

In 6 days since acquittal, Trump/WH have:

-Removed Vindman
-Removed Sondland
-Vowed payback/retribution
-Attacked judge in Roger Stone case
-Attacked DOJ prosecutors for Stone sentencing proposal
-Attacked FBI Director Wray
-Withdrawn Liu/McCusker nominations

The Trump led march to Ameristan continues

3 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:
On 2/14/2020 at 9:29 AM, The Commish said:

Agreed.  The senate should have called witnesses in this impeachment trial, but I think it's highly inappropriate to make that determination for future trials.  These should all be handled on a case-by-case basis.

And it drives me bonkers that the Dems seems completely unable to play the long game here.  They can't focus on anything other than the here and now and are 100% reactionary.  They are REALLY bad at this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Commish said:

And it drives me bonkers that the Dems seems completely unable to play the long game here.  They can't focus on anything other than the here and now and are 100% reactionary.  They are REALLY bad at this.

That’s been one of Trumps greatest strengths. He somehow figured out having a couple controversies will destroy you but if you have a new controversy everyday, they all just become white noise. 

• Like 4

These are the 5 biggest bombshells from The New York Times' report on Trump's money and Deutsche Bank

With some of the this information, particularly: 

A Deutsche Bank study of Trump's finances found he was worth about $788 million, according to The Times. While the incorrect claim would typically disqualify a loan application, Deutsche Bank pushed forward and loaned Trump $640 million for the project.

And

Trump grossly overestimated the value of several assets to pad his net worth. Bankers found Trump's financial records claimed the property he bought in Westchester County for $7 million was then worth $291 million. After the bankers' full review, Deutsche Bank lowered Trump's asset values by as much as 70%, The Times reported.

Reaffirms the theory Trump has been completely underwater for years only kept afloat by Russian oligarch money laundered through Deutsche Bank. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

From CNN reporter Daniel Dale:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1229430315443216387

Trump told this to governors at the White House last week: "Believe it or not, a long time ago, I was told I have a great ear for music by somebody. I took a test. They said, 'He has a wonderful aptitude for music.' I said, 'I do?'"

:mellow:

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump told this to governors at the White House last week: "Believe it or not, a long time ago, I was told I have a great ear for music by somebody. I took a test. They said, 'He has a wonderful aptitude for music.' I said, 'I do?'"

Stable musical genius

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

So True

• Laughing 1

25 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

It hurts Democrats in the sense that it hurts all Americans.

It helps Democrats to the extent that many Democrats may have authoritarian impulses too.

I agree it hurts Americans.  But less so than letting one party run roughshod over the other.

14 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The CBO has determined that Trump’s deficits, if not curtailed, will require more borrowing relative to the GDP than fighting and winning WWII. By 2030. 

To be expected when we're spending on the military like it's WWIII, and cutting taxes like we're in a recession.

I'd like to see a graph comparing the CBO and Mnuchin GDP & deficit projections from 2017. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

The CBO has determined that Trump’s deficits, if not curtailed, will require more borrowing relative to the GDP than fighting and winning WWII. By 2030. 

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

That's nothing that another round of tax cuts can't cure.

1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

To be expected when we're spending on the military like it's WWIII, and cutting taxes like we're in a recession.

I'd like to see a graph comparing the CBO and Mnuchin GDP & deficit projections from 2017. 

You guys don't understand economics the way a guy who has bankrupted half a dozen businesses does. 

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Sigh. Guess we'll have to cancel social security and medicare. For the good of the country. Nothing could be done. 

Trump gets re-elected they are coming for SS and Medicare. Promise. He's said as much. His current budget says as much.  

All part of the plan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

This shouldn't be news given the KNOWN projections from CBO on the tax bill were trillion dollar deficits ASSUMING 3%+ GDP and we haven't sniffed 3% during his tenure.  But, hey, the stock market if booming baby!!!!!!!

I mean we know they're hypocrits but aren't they supposed to at least maintain the illusion? 

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Wednesday night that the Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to deficits, according to audio of an overseas speech obtained by The Washington Post.

“My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we’re a lot less interested as a party,” Mulvaney said at the Oxford Union to a group of several hundred people.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1