Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

gussy

2 hours ago, Tool said:

Wonder what the impact of Trump's move will have on Goya, I personally don't buy canned beans but seems like a lot of people might not buy Goya beans now...

I buy some canned black beans...Goya are ok.  I prefer (I guess a bit of a pun) La Preferida.  The Goya thing seems to be a stunt anyway to claim Trump cares about Hispanc owned business.

9 minutes ago, sho nuff said:
2 hours ago, Tool said:

Wonder what the impact of Trump's move will have on Goya, I personally don't buy canned beans but seems like a lot of people might not buy Goya beans now...

I buy some canned black beans...Goya are ok.  I prefer (I guess a bit of a pun) La Preferida.  The Goya thing seems to be a stunt anyway to claim Trump cares about Hispanc owned business.

If you're gonna buy canned, buy El Ebro

7 minutes ago, The Commish said:

If you're gonna buy canned, buy El Ebro

Have never seen them...I typically have a couple cans in the pantry as a "oops, forgot to prepare the dried beans in time" and need to have beans ready in a half hour.

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Have never seen them...I typically have a couple cans in the pantry as a "oops, forgot to prepare the dried beans in time" and need to have beans ready in a half hour.

This. Dry beans are twice as good and half as expensive. You can't really make a decent refry with canned beans. 

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:
4 hours ago, Tool said:

I think it's another example of somebody playing Trump for the insecure person he is.  Throw him a compliment and all of a sudden you are the greatest ever.  If the DNC released a statement about how manly they thought Trump was he would probably endorse Biden.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Man, page 4 of this thread doesn’t age well. @John Bender and @Ranethe were pretty spot on. Where you guys been?

This post in particular was a great call in hindsight.

On 1/22/2017 at 8:07 AM, John Bender said:

Having the President and his staff actually just lie about the inauguration is more than just bizarre or par for the course for this new administration. It's actually a little alarming for other reasons: I studied Russia and Russian history in college, I've been to Russia a few times (LOOK AT ME) as an adult, and this type of stuff that Spicer/Trump are doing is exactly the Russian method of propaganda spreading. This is a constant attempt to erode all trust in our media while distracting everyone from actual important issues so we're going to get a barrage of this bull#### and it's not going to stop. And the media is not doing enough to defend itself. This is the worst lie ever because there is actual photographic evidence that the administration is full of ####. If we are going to survive his Presidency, the media needs to fight back harder than they are. Trump has lied almost every time he's given a speech or press conference over the past year (I'm sure I'm exaggerating a bit here but it feels like it. source:https://www.thestar.com/news/world/uselection/2016/11/04/donald-trump-the-unauthorized-database-of-false-things.html#analysis ) and the media needs to flat out call him a liar - period. The problem, even there, is that anyone calling him out from the media is "FAKE NEWS" so no one can ever dispute anything he says or the POTUS himself is calling their entire organization "Fake News". This is scary #### folks.  What happens when he loses the next election in a landslide and goes on television to tell us all the results are "fake" and "lies" - he is liable to become a threat to Democracy altogether from where I stand and what I've seen so far. This feels like an effort to de-legitimize the media altogether - that's Russia - not America - that's exactly what we fight against and cannot have. That's not coming from a "republican in congress" or a right-wing talk show host. It's coming from the President of the United States himself - that's VERY bad.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, tinfoil-hat wearer, I personally find many of the "protesters" to be ridiculous people, I won't call a fellow FBG a "Trumpkin" or an idiot for supporting him, but even Republicans and Trump voters should begin to notice how scary this is becoming.  This actual event happening post-inauguration should be more alarming than p####-grabbing, tweeting about taco bowls, etc etc combined and I have a really odd feeling that it continues and there is something more sinister going on here. Sinister as in the scale of anywhere from Trump basically being an agent for Russia himself, or just being so unstable and sociopathic that he gets us all ####### killed. At the very least he is so narcissistic that he is clearly going to be putting himself ahead of the feelings of the American people for the next 4 years - he got away with being a narcissistic liar during the campaign - now he's actually the most powerful man in the world folks. I am convinced his personal pride is the most important thing to him - far more important than the billions of people in the world who depend on him to be an altruistic leader.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

This post in particular was a great call in hindsight.

Yeah, there are a few really good posts in hindsight. And some not... I’ve been jumping up about a week at a time. It’s eye opening.

On 2/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, gianmarco said:

In all seriousness, I was about to post something similar.

I visited Washington a few years ago with my family and we went to the Newseum based on some recs here.  It was easily one of the highlights of our trip.  And part of what I learned there that I never truly realized was the importance that the press plays in making the world a better place due to holding people and governments accountable.  You don't realize that until you see what can happen in countries led by dictators that limit what can be reported and filter what gets out to the people.  Imagine a scenario where Trump blocks access to all reporters except Breitbert and that our only source of what's going on is them?  Limitation of free press is how dictators get into power.  Because of what they do, we are able to see atrocities across the globe that otherwise would go completely unknown.  And some of them literally risk their lives to do this.

So you see these pictures of the press being put in the basement with plastic tape on the windows during Trump's visit to Florida and it's incredibly scary.  You see him discredit the most reputable news companies we have and it's incredibly scary.  And you see a victory like tonight due entirely to media people doing their job and investigating serious goings-on and get reminded how vital a role they play in our democracy.

We can get caught up in talking bad about how the media portrays things and sensationalizes things, but the reality is that it's because of their presence and our Constitution protecting freedom of speech and freedom of the press that keeps us safe.  Without that final "check", any country could plunge into authoritarian rule. 

:(

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

42 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Sorry, I'm not seeing how that post was terribly prescient. Trump's raging against the media hasn't really curtailed them in the least. 

Sorry, wasn't quoting it for being prescient. More going back looking at how things were even in the beginning and how he continues to discredit the media. 

Thankful the media has continued doing their jobs and reporting through these last 3+ years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

Sorry, wasn't quoting it for being prescient. More going back looking at how things were even in the beginning and how he continues to discredit the media. 

Thankful the media has continued doing their jobs and reporting through these last 3+ years.

Oh, I see. 

Yeah, Trump is who he is. And exactly who we expected him to be - a classless, narcissistic, king of the d-bags. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how are you enjoying the play?

As to the media, I don't know if they deserve much credit as they seem to manufacture the news more often than simply report it. But that's the way of things so... :shrug:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tool said:

I’ve bought Goya before, and you can bet your ### that’s not happening again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Oh, I see. 

Yeah, Trump is who he is. And exactly who we expected him to be - a classless, narcissistic, king of the d-bags. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how are you enjoying the play?

As to the media, I don't know if they deserve much credit as they seem to manufacture the news more often than simply report it. But that's the way of things so... :shrug:

I just have visions of “they were who they thought they were!”....and realize that was a post game interview after having a lead all day and blowing it....

3 hours ago, The Gator said:

GET ME THE CHARTER!

Trump interview with Chris Wallace - does not go well for an exasperated Trump.

Trump says that Biden wants to defund the police, Wallace corrects him, Trump demands that an aid bring him the charter signed between Biden and Sanders.  

Wallace recounted on Fox News that Trump had his staff fetch highlights of the unity pledge from the Biden and Sanders team and found "a lot of things that he objected to that Biden has agreed to. But he couldn’t find any indication — because there isn’t any — that Joe Biden has sought to defund and abolish the police."

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Gator said:

GET ME THE CHARTER!

Trump says that Biden wants to defund the police, Wallace corrects him, Trump demands that an aid bring him the charter signed between Biden and Sanders.  

“He takes some shots at Joe Biden that I’ve never heard before.”  Should be an interesting interview to watch. 

6 hours ago, The Gator said:

GET ME THE CHARTER!

About time reporters call him on his BS

On 7/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, sho nuff said:

This is why we have them too...and they are a very good substitute.  I'd even go as far as to say, some wouldn't be able to tell the difference if prepared correctly.  My SIL gave her the tip and she got it from her Cuban mother.  I'm not a huge black bean fan....I eat the ones my SIL's mom makes and these...and when in Key West the ones from a specific restaurant down there.  That's it.

Trump's going to win in a landslide. The young people ruined it for the Democrats. Every weekend Democrat run cities are letting young people destroy private property and battle against the police.

It's amazing. It almost seems intentional. The National Guard are going to have a lot of fun once Trump gets reelected.

A 2nd term President with nothing to lose is not a bear I would be poking. Yet here we are...

• Laughing 16

36 minutes ago, Breezy H2O said:

Trump's going to win in a landslide. The young people ruined it for the Democrats. Every weekend Democrat run cities are letting young people destroy private property and battle against the police.

It's amazing. It almost seems intentional. The National Guard are going to have a lot of fun once Trump gets reelected.

A 2nd term President with nothing to lose is not a bear I would be poking. Yet here we are...

wow you’re really smart

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Breezy H2O said:

Odd.  I live in a near-suburb (the nearer-est) of Chicago, and what you describe hasn't occurred since those first couple of days of turmoil following Floyd's death.

In before "but all the shootings!" ...which is a different matter related to the micro-gangs that now exist in the city and the tensions flamed by social media.  

• Like 2

From twitter -

Trump in tele-town hall last night on Biden: “They're going to bring people, eliminate single-family zoning, they want to eliminate single family zoning, bringing who knows into your suburbs, so your communities will be unsafe and your housing values will go down.” Per @DJJudd

---

Who is "who knows"?

• Thinking 1

36 minutes ago, whoknew said:

From twitter -

Trump in tele-town hall last night on Biden: “They're going to bring people, eliminate single-family zoning, they want to eliminate single family zoning, bringing who knows into your suburbs, so your communities will be unsafe and your housing values will go down.” Per @DJJudd

---

Who is "who knows"?

I think he means bad hombres

• Laughing 2

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

From twitter -

---

Who is "who knows"?

I never thought I'd see the day when the POTUS stokes fear with such obviously thinly veiled racist rhetoric.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Z Machine said:

I never thought I'd see the day when the POTUS stokes fear with such obviously thinly veiled racist rhetoric.

And I feel very confident that’s going to get much worse as he sees defeat looking him in the eye close to the election. He’ll go full burn

• Like 2

Aaron Rupar@atrupar · 3h

TRUMP: "I think mail-in voting is going to rig the election."

WALLACE: "Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results?"

TRUMP: "I have to see."

WALLACE: "Can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?

Its going to be a long 12 months waiting on the certification of the election results.  :kicksrock:

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, whoknew said:

From twitter -

---

Who is "who knows"?

CNN today citing new polls showing Biden leading Trump in the suburbs by "historic margins."    :coffee: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Gator said:

Huh?

it was a link to a portion of Trumps interview on FoxNews. 

Not that it is your fault, but I think he is referring to the top reply that has a very nasty doctored photo of Trump. 

So in the fox interview Trump said Biden wants to “triple your taxes”.  Holy ####!  So I’m going to be paying and 80/90% tax rate now!!!  🙄  
Unreal. There simply isn’t enough eye roll emojis available for this dude and his nonsense.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dkp993 said:

So in the fox interview Trump said Biden wants to “triple your taxes”.  Holy ####!  So I’m going to be paying and 80/90% tax rate now!!!  🙄  
Unreal. There simply isn’t enough eye roll emojis available for this dude and his nonsense.   

Shocking that the man shouting Fake News at any report that doesn't paint him in a rosy light is the one that is constantly spreading fake news...

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

19 hours ago, The Gator said:

Aaron Rupar@atrupar · 3h

TRUMP: "I think mail-in voting is going to rig the election."

WALLACE: "Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results?"

WALLACE: "Can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?

Its going to be a long 12 months waiting on the certification of the election results.  :kicksrock:

I was going to post something about how watching Trump dragged out of the White House by federal agents would be sort of satisfying, but all the negatives it would create would be so awful for our country that it would be way more gut wrenching than satisfying.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I was going to post something about how watching Trump dragged out of the White House by federal agents would be sort of satisfying, but all the negatives it would create would be so awful for our country that it would be way more gut wrenching than satisfying.

Yeah it's going to be ugly - don't see how any result in November is going to unite the country.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any "leaders" bringing the US together to move forward :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yak651 said:

Yeah it's going to be ugly - don't see how any result in November is going to unite the country.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any "leaders" bringing the US together to move forward :(

And again, everything that trump is doing, all his craziness , acting out, bypassing congress etc...those things that some of our republican friends seem to support so much - I'm sure they are going to love them as well when President Biden is doing them.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, song said:

be sure to scroll down a few comments to see the last 5 questions trump said repeatedly were so hard.   it's worth it, i promise.

True. But I still can't get past that propeller beanie pic. Is there an award for best Photoshop?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, song said:

be sure to scroll down a few comments to see the last 5 questions trump said repeatedly were so hard.   it's worth it, i promise.

No way Chris Wallace could answer those. No way. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

30 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

No way Chris Wallace could answer those. No way. 

right?

and we only have trump's word (oh boy), that trump could answer them.

i don't know why he keeps talking about this,

leaving aside that the fact that he was even given the test, means that there was a very concerning episode.