What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One good thing Trump is doing: he appears at least by tweet to be pushing his party towards agreeing with the Democrats on a stimulus package. 

Its a little late, it’s being done for political reasons, and there’s no way to know if Trump can talk the GOP senators into this. But better late than ever. People desperately need help. 
Or acting like he supports it because he knows Mitch won’t budge.  Then can claim he was all for it...somehow still blame democrats and know that Mitch is in no jeopardy.

Or acting like he supports it because he knows Mitch won’t budge.  Then can claim he was all for it...somehow still blame democrats and know that Mitch is in no jeopardy.
He’s beyond that sort of “don’t blame me” tactic helping him. He needs results. 

Good point.  I've never taken my jacket off while working and sitting at the same table.
Look at these 2 pictures less than 10 minutes apart

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

Crazy conspiracy theory, I know!

People are really going to loose their minds when the released from the hospital going home photo op presents itself today.
Are you still interested in seeing President Trump get re-elected? Or have you and others given up on that possibility (which admittedly, is shrinking day by day)? 
I only ask because you seem to be cheering on events that will work against that goal. 

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

You're confusing them with the two pictures thing.  Either of those pictures, taken alone, is a silly political photo op.  Every adult human knows this. 

The truly outrageous thing here is using a $4k camera and a $2.5k lens to shoot jpegs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait.  He took a picture with his jacket on and another with it off and you guys have come to the conclusion that it was a photo op to pretend he's busy?   Good gracious man go get some sun and fresh air.
Did you read the part where metadata shows the photos were taken only a few minutes apart? With that fact, the conclusion seems reasonable. 

moleculo said:
What about a pizza party every Friday?  It's been a long time since a politician made that promise.
"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

The president has brought in the DOJ to defend him in the personal sexual assault lawsuit filed by Jean Carroll, by claiming that when he defamed her he was acting in his professional capacity as President of the United States. The DOJ will almost certainly lose this motion, but they will have achieved significant delay of the lawsuit at taxpayer expense, so in a sense have won by losing.

The plaintiff's MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The intro sentence sets the table:

There is not a single person in the United States—not the President and not anyone else— whose job description includes slandering women they sexually assaulted. That should not be a controversial proposition. Remarkably, however, the Justice Department seeks to prove it wrong. At the behest of the White House, and following a certification from the Attorney General pursuant to the Westfall Act, 28 U.S.C. § 2679(d), federal lawyers have moved to substitute the United States of America as the defendant in this action. They assert that Defendant Donald J. Trump was acting within the scope of his employment as President when he defamed Plaintiff E. Jean Carroll, a woman he sexually assaulted over twenty years ago, as retaliation for revealing his misconduct. Trump’s defamatory lies included assertions that Carroll had falsely accused other men of rape; that she was lying about him as part of a secret political conspiracy; that she had fabricated her accusation to sell books; and that he had never met her (despite a photograph of them together). Trump also remarked, “she’s not my type.” Compl. ¶ 97. These are the statements that the Justice Department asks the Court to find that Trump uttered within the scope of his duties as President.

The president has brought in the DOJ to defend him in the personal sexual assault lawsuit filed by Jean Carroll, by claiming that when he defamed her he was acting in his professional capacity as President of the United States. The DOJ will almost certainly lose this motion, but they will have achieved significant delay of the lawsuit at taxpayer expense, so in a sense have won by losing.

The plaintiff's MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The intro sentence sets the table:
This is bananas. The DOJ's client is the USA. In essence, the DOJ is proactively subjecting it's client to possible liability when the Plaintiff isn't even seeking it. In any other situation the client very likely should sue for malpractice or, at the very least, fire the lawyer. 

Just read the memo. Section D is so telling. In layman's terms, the DOJ was barely even trying in their arguments (5 pages?? Reminds of the President's response brief on the impeachment issue) and is clearly just trying to help the President stall this lawsuit despite doing so really having no discernible benefit for its client. 

Just bananas. But, over the last few years, apparently just a Tuesday. 

I mean the papers were blank so it’s hard to draw any other conclusion 
it  was NOT a photo op.

he was pre signing the Executive Orders for the beautiful health care plan, the massive middle class tax cuts and the perfect stimulus package that are ready to go, and we'll see soon, probably in a couple of weeks.

it  was NOT a photo op.

he was pre signing the Executive Orders for the beautiful health care plan, the massive middle class tax cuts and the perfect stimulus package that are ready to go, and we'll see soon, probably in a couple of weeks.
And approving the beautiful drug for the seniors...you probably didn't know this, but he is a senior as well.  

Man, Trump tweeted out against Steve Schmidt and got absolutely torn apart in his reply. 

In his typical presidential form, Trump wrote, “I’ve beaten him and his very few remaining clients so much, and so badly, that he has become a blathering idiot.”

Then Schmidt replied:

“You’ve never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance. Did you like, Covita? We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates, weirdos and losers.

You are losing. We heard you loved Evita. You saw it so many times. Where will you live out your years in disgrace? Will you buy Jeffrey Epstein’s island? One last extra special deal from him? Or will you be drooling on yourself in a suite at Walter Reed? Maybe you will be in prison?

I bet you fear that. The Manhattan District Attorney may not be around to cover for you or your crooked kids anymore. Eliza Orlins doesn’t believe in different sets of rules for the Trumps. What about the State Attorney General? You know what you’ve done.

Oh, Donald. Who do you owe almost $500 million in personally guaranteed loans to? It's all coming down. You think you and your disgusting family are going to be in deal-flow next year? Are you really that delusional?

You are lucky Chris Wallace interrupted you after Joe Biden said you weren’t smart. You started to melt down. That’s the place that hurts the most. Right? Fred Sr., knew it. You’ve spent your whole life proving it. You aren’t very smart. You couldn’t take the SAT on your own. What was the real score? 970? We both know you know.

Are the steroids wearing off? Is the euphoria fading? Do you feel foggy? Tired? Do you ache? How is the breathing? Hmmm. Are you watching TV today? We will have some nice surprises for you. Everyone is laughing at you. You are a joke. A splendid moron turned deadly clown.

Did you watch Martha McSally in her debate against American hero, fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly? She is so embarrassed by you. She is ashamed and full of self-loathing for the choice she made in following you over the cliff. She is in free fall now. She will lose, like most of them, because of you.

We hear from the White House and the campaign everyday. They are betraying you. They are looking to get out alive and salvage careers and their names. It’s Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner vs. Donald Trump Jr., and Kimberly Guilfoyle on the inside. They are at war over scraps and who gets to command what will be the remnants of your rancid cult.

It’s almost over now. You are the greatest failure in American history. You are the worst president in American history. Disgrace will always precede your name. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will grow up ashamed of their names.

One day, I suppose there will be some small and not-much-visited library that bears your name. It will be the type of place where a drunk walks by, staring at the wall for a minute, before deciding it is beneath his dignity to piss on. That’s what is waiting for you.
Joe Biden is a better man. He’s smarter. He’s winning.

Do you remember when you didn’t want to name Donald Trump Jr., Donald because you were worried about him being a loser named Donald? You were right about that. He is.

But it is you who will be remembered as America’s greatest loser. You will be crushed in the election!”

Totally normal statement from our President during an interview this afternoon:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Secretary Pompeo tells Fox he’s working to get more of @HillaryClinton’s emails out before the election.

PERINO: Will that happen before the election?

POMPEO: Doing it as fast as we can. I certainly, I certainly think there'll be more to see before the election
😳

This is today. Pompeo gives me the sense these emails are buried in a dangerous place, under a collapsed building perhaps.

😂😂😂

YOU may not believe polls, but this White House does. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread