What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it’s hard to decide which of the 9 holy #### this guy is our President threads to list in:

”Barron Trump. You know, he had, he had the -- Corooona-19. The China virus. It's got 21 different names. I could go over it. But to me, corona means Italy. China is China. And it came from China. So he had the China virus. Right? I don't even think he knew he had it. He was fine within like two seconds. Barron is beautiful and he's free. Free."

- DJT at a midwestern rally tonight 

Sometimes it’s hard to decide which of the 9 holy #### this guy is our President threads to list in:

”Barron Trump. You know, he had, he had the -- Corooona-19. The China virus. It's got 21 different names. I could go over it. But to me, corona means Italy. China is China. And it came from China. So he had the China virus. Right? I don't even think he knew he had it. He was fine within like two seconds. Barron is beautiful and he's free. Free."

- DJT at a midwestern rally tonight 
Wut?

It now seems almost amazing that people used to make fun of W's intelligence.

Wut?

Rich corrooonian leather

or was it two Corinthian? who knows. nobody knew this European stuff until I brought it up. I said, “This coronavirus, it sounds Italian.” And this doctor came up to me, big guy, tears in his eyes, and said “Sir....sir I just want to thank you...”

Wut?

That used to really piss me off and I think one of the reasons why we have Trump. A bunch of intellectual "superiors" who never make a mistake. 
Doesn’t play in Peoria. #iamoldnow

Kind of the same reason people hated on the Clintons, and helps explain the appeal of the Republican Party - the pre-Trump GOP, before it became solely identity politics and the cult of personality.

Democrats in the Clinton era and beyond were often very wonky. They would appeal to voters by explaining why their government policy was a better solution than the same old trickle down voodoo economics the Reaganites were offering. There is a particular subculture they were going for: eastern elites who went to prep school, Ivy League, Seven Sisters, and celebrities. The smartest people in the room party. They thought it was about having better ideas.

Republicans were always more pragmatic. It was about getting the government out of your lives. Less regulation, lower interest rates, lower taxes, let the invisible hand do what it does best. Most importantly, they understood the messaging needed to be simple. Ds would appeal to intellect, Rs knew it was about emotions. The GOP has always been better at sloganeering (“It’s the economy, stupid” being a notable exception.)

It has been a long time since the defining differentiation of the two parties was the size and role of government in our lives.

Now everything is geared toward identity politics. Years and years of wedge issues have driven us to a point where we seldom have meaningful dialogue. Each side takes a position, entrenches, won’t compromise, and talks past one another.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse, in a private call with constituents, excoriated President Trump, saying he had mishandled the coronavirus response, "kisses dictators' butts," "sells out our allies," spends "like a drunken sailor," mistreats women, and trash-talks evangelicals behind their backs.

Trump has "flirted with white supremacists," according to Sasse, and his family "treated the presidency like a business opportunity."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/exclusive-gop-sen-sasse-says-trump-kisses-dictators-butts-mocks-evangelicals

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse, in a private call with constituents, excoriated President Trump, saying he had mishandled the coronavirus response, "kisses dictators' butts," "sells out our allies," spends "like a drunken sailor," mistreats women, and trash-talks evangelicals behind their backs.

Trump has "flirted with white supremacists," according to Sasse, and his family "treated the presidency like a business opportunity."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/exclusive-gop-sen-sasse-says-trump-kisses-dictators-butts-mocks-evangelicals
Then do your job Sasse.

Sounds like someone we need 4 more years of.

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Trump, asked to denounce/disavow QAnon, says he knows nothing about it, then adds, "I do know they are very much against pedophilia. They fight it very hard." Bonkers.

Guthrie: "But there is not a satanic pedophile cult."
Trump: "I have no idea."
Guthrie: "You don't know that?"
Trump: "No I don't know that. And neither do you know that."

7:17 PM · Oct 15, 2020

On the one hand, that's pretty insane. On the other hand, of course he's never going to discredit a theory that says he's secretly saving the country and is actually the best President in American history.

Dude is retweeting Babylon Bee parody stories as fact.  Again:  Trump is trying to sell us that Biden is senile:lmao:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1317044556328730625?s=20

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

1h

Twitter Shuts Down Entire Network To Slow Spread Of Negative Biden News https://babylonbee.com/news/twitter-shuts-down-entire-network-to-slow-spread-of-negative-biden-news

via

@TheBabylonBee

Wow, this has never been done in history. This includes his really bad interview last night. Why is Twitter doing this. Bringing more attention to Sleepy Joe & Big T

Dude is retweeting Babylon Bee parody stories as fact.  Again:  Trump is trying to sell us that Biden is senile:lmao:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1317044556328730625?s=20
It’s unreal how thoughtless he is. No way he even read the story

Dorsey smashed a glass box in his office reading "Break In Case Of Bad Publicity For Democrats." Inside the case was a sledgehammer for smashing Twitter's servers.

"Red alert -- shut the servers down! Shut them all down!"

Dorsey ran downstairs and started smashing as many computers as he could

It then says the Twitter team creates robots to smash the rest of the Twitter computers. This is what the President is taking for actual news lol. 

Lost in this all, who is Big T?

It’s unreal how thoughtless he is. No way he even read the story

Dorsey smashed a glass box in his office reading "Break In Case Of Bad Publicity For Democrats." Inside the case was a sledgehammer for smashing Twitter's servers.

"Red alert -- shut the servers down! Shut them all down!"

Dorsey ran downstairs and started smashing as many computers as he could

It then says the Twitter team creates robots to smash the rest of the Twitter computers. This is what the President is taking for actual news lol. 

Lost in this all, who is Big T?
He basically admitted last night he doesn't really vet what he retweets anyway.  Yeah, he was either forwarded that from someone else, or saw the headline and thought it was true because it made his "enemies" look bad.  Pretty sure that type of impulsive behavior is not a strong quality for POTUS.

He basically admitted last night he doesn't really vet what he retweets anyway.  Yeah, he was either forwarded that from someone else, or saw the headline and thought it was true because it made his "enemies" look bad.  Pretty sure that type of impulsive behavior is not a strong quality for POTUS.
Yeah I’m not sure which is funnier/more embarrassing that the President read the story and took it as actual reporting or that the President will believe and share any headline he reads without reading the article or looking at the source. This should tell everyone what they need to know about his qualifications to run the country.

Also there’s a difference between vetting a story and skimming through it. He’s not even skimming these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I’m not sure which is funnier/more embarrassing that the President read the story and took it as actual reporting or that the President will believe and share any headline he reads without reading the article or looking at the source. This should tell everyone what they need to know about his qualifications to run the country.
Believes those things...shrugs off his own intelligence warnings that his personal errand boy...Im sorry, lawyer...is being used by Russia to push disinformation.

Also there’s a difference between vetting a story and skimming through it. He’s not even skimming these things.
Yeah...but we are going to get this super awesome vetting soon to end the "temporary" immigration ban from several islamic countries.  How is that temporary ban coming by the way...was supposed to be several months long right...going on how many years now?

Yeah...but we are going to get this super awesome vetting soon to end the "temporary" immigration ban from several islamic countries.  How is that temporary ban coming by the way...was supposed to be several months long right...going on how many years now?
And I’m sure this new health care plan he has is incredible. The details aren’t important just know it’s cheaper and better.

At least the rich got another tax cut for flying on private jets.

Here’s How You Can Save 7.5% Off Your Private Jet Flights In 2021 And Beyond
That 7.5% will now be used to invest in working class Americans, obviously!  We’re down with this trickle, ya hear!

*I fully admit to pulling a Trump here and only responding to article headline, no idea what’s really detailed within
It was nestled in the CARES Act.  Because the poor and those that truly need shouldn't be the only people to get help.

If Ben Sasse was a newspaper, he'd be the NY Times. 

Times grabbing WAPO mic and trying to claim some historic editorial high ground. 

Some highlights of the DrudgeReport front page tonight:

John Kelley unloads on Trump

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned.
TRUMP: I MIGHT LEAVE COUNTRY IF I LOSE (Blaring red/blue siren worthy, apparently)

Disappointing that someone like Kelley, who I'm assuming is proud of his country and should have high moral and ethical standards can only come out and say this to his friends but not go on record to share his opinion of the commander in chief :(
Could you have imagined 5 years ago that this quote would be made by an American general and he would be talking about the President?  It’s unreal.

”The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,”

Could you have imagined 5 years ago that this quote would be made by an American general and he would be talking about the President?  It’s unreal.

”The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,”
The quote itself is not shocking, as it doesn't say anything that we didn't already know 5 years ago.

The fact that it was stated by a General is somewhat shocking, I suppose, but that's only because there had been a time-honored, unspoken understanding that retired Generals don't criticize Republican Presidents, and vice versa. Trump's lack of respect to tradition has basically given Kelly a green light to speak his mind.

The quote itself is not shocking, as it doesn't say anything that we didn't already know 5 years ago.

The fact that it was stated by a General is somewhat shocking, I suppose, but that's only because there had been a time-honored, unspoken understanding that retired Generals don't criticize Republican Presidents, and vice versa. Trump's lack of respect to tradition has basically given Kelly a green light to speak his mind.
I agree.  But it will never not be amazing to me that seemingly every single person who works alongside Trump comes out telling the exact same story about how awful he is as a person.  I honestly can't think of anyone in any line of work who is held in such universal contempt by the folks who get to know them.  Even late-career Marlon Brando had his well-wishers.

Edit: Bill Romonowski maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.  But it will never not be amazing to me that seemingly every single person who works alongside Trump comes out telling the exact same story about how awful he is as a person.  I honestly can't think of anyone in any line of work who is held in such universal contempt by the folks who get to know them.  Even late-career Marlon Brando had his well-wishers.

Edit: Bill Romonowski maybe?
I think Ty Cobb was universally hated.  But I can't think of anyone else.  I've always wondered if Trump has any true friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread