Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Two pictures ten minutes apart in different locations with two different looks. The EXACT SAME items are on the table in both pictures. Come on man.  

Good point.  I've never taken my jacket off while working and sitting at the same table.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 142.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SaintsInDome2006

    5714

  • Henry Ford

    5617

  • packersfan

    4478

  • timschochet

    4285

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't know for a while, but my final chemo treatment was a week and a half ago, the side effects are subsiding, and I feel better than I have in a long time. Thanks for asking.

So that whole, "I bet you wimps would never challenge big, bad Donald physically" stuff got me thinking last night. I sincerely believe that I could defeat an entire gauntlet of all living Presid

You kidding?  For those on the right, the past 8 years the supporters have been focused almost totally on how much the democrats were the enemy.  It was on fox news, on talk radio, on the breitbart an

13 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Two pictures ten minutes apart in different locations with two different looks. The EXACT SAME items are on the table in both pictures. Come on man.  

And purposefully attempting to make it look like two different locations, times, etc when it isn't. Hoping his followers would buy it.

Apparently it worked too!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Hoping his followers would buy it.

Apparently it worked too!

That's the truly crazy part.  I've always wondered why politicians do these things.  Hard to believe it's because they actually work on some people.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

That's the truly crazy part.  I've always wondered why politicians do these things.  Hard to believe it's because they actually work on some people.  

The lack of critical thinking in some people is a huge problem for our country going forward. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One good thing Trump is doing: he appears at least by tweet to be pushing his party towards agreeing with the Democrats on a stimulus package. 

Its a little late, it’s being done for political reasons, and there’s no way to know if Trump can talk the GOP senators into this. But better late than ever. People desperately need help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

One good thing Trump is doing: he appears at least by tweet to be pushing his party towards agreeing with the Democrats on a stimulus package. 

Its a little late, it’s being done for political reasons, and there’s no way to know if Trump can talk the GOP senators into this. But better late than ever. People desperately need help. 

He's not going to be able to have this and the SC nomination get through unless they just take the House's 2 trillion package they just passed (again).

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

What deficit? Sounds like desperatio to me.

>>Trump pledges 'biggest tax cut ever' if he wins election in November. <<

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-pledges-biggest-tax-cut-ever-if-he-wins-in-november

Back to the greatest hits...Whatever happened to that middle class tax cut he promised a week or so before the mid terms (that no one in the senate knew about)??

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I have no idea what his condition is or isn't.  Again, I guess if you buy into all the theories that he's rapidly declining with his health then you would buy into this one.  Two pictures where one has a jacket on and the other doesn't isn't proof of a photo op unless you live in crazy conspiracy world.  No wonder this country is a mess

And the libs are the sheep...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

What deficit? Sounds like desperatio to me.

>>Trump pledges 'biggest tax cut ever' if he wins election in November. <<

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-pledges-biggest-tax-cut-ever-if-he-wins-in-november

Is this like the pre 2018 election middle class tax cut that was TOTALLY going to happen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Why would you admit that?  Did you honestly think he was sitting at a desk in a suit signing important papers all day while in the hospital with coronavirus?  Do you understand what a photo op is?  No wonder this country is such a mess. 

Some of them even again appeared to be blank paper (as this administration has dome before).  Its not a crazy conspiracy theory...it seems to be a pattern with this POTUS to stage things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, timschochet said:

One good thing Trump is doing: he appears at least by tweet to be pushing his party towards agreeing with the Democrats on a stimulus package. 

Its a little late, it’s being done for political reasons, and there’s no way to know if Trump can talk the GOP senators into this. But better late than ever. People desperately need help. 

Or acting like he supports it because he knows Mitch won’t budge.  Then can claim he was all for it...somehow still blame democrats and know that Mitch is in no jeopardy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tonydead said:

People are really going to loose their minds when the released from the hospital going home photo op presents itself today.

Not sure anyone is losing their mind over this.  Funny that some want to defend it though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sho nuff said:

Or acting like he supports it because he knows Mitch won’t budge.  Then can claim he was all for it...somehow still blame democrats and know that Mitch is in no jeopardy.

He’s beyond that sort of “don’t blame me” tactic helping him. He needs results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

He’s beyond that sort of “don’t blame me” tactic helping him. He needs results. 

Sure. doesn’t mean he wont try it.  He has been claiming he wants this for a while and blaming democrats.  This isn’t a new thing with these stimulus tweets

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Good point.  I've never taken my jacket off while working and sitting at the same table.

Look at these 2 pictures less than 10 minutes apart

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

Crazy conspiracy theory, I know!

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tonydead said:

People are really going to loose their minds when the released from the hospital going home photo op presents itself today.

Are you still interested in seeing President Trump get re-elected? Or have you and others given up on that possibility (which admittedly, is shrinking day by day)? 
I only ask because you seem to be cheering on events that will work against that goal. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Look at these 2 pictures less than 10 minutes apart

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

Crazy conspiracy theory, I know!

You're confusing them with the two pictures thing.  Either of those pictures, taken alone, is a silly political photo op.  Every adult human knows this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Look at these 2 pictures less than 10 minutes apart

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

Crazy conspiracy theory, I know!

The truly outrageous thing here is using a $4k camera and a $2.5k lens to shoot jpegs.

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Look at these 2 pictures less than 10 minutes apart

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

Crazy conspiracy theory, I know!

Looks more like IOU's to me.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

What deficit? Sounds like desperatio to me.

>>Trump pledges 'biggest tax cut ever' if he wins election in November. <<

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-pledges-biggest-tax-cut-ever-if-he-wins-in-november

:lmao: - Ok, here's my offer - I'm going to give everyone a new car plus that healthcare thing I've been promising and I'll keep the poor people out of your neighborhood!!  Deal??

Edited by AAABatteries
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

:lmao: - Ok, here's my offer - I'm going to give everyone a new car plus that healthcare thing I've been promising and I'll keep the poor people out of your neighborhood!!  Deal??

What about a pizza party every Friday?  It's been a long time since a politician made that promise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

:lmao: - Ok, here's my offer - I'm going to give everyone a new car plus that healthcare thing I've been promising and I'll keep the poor people out of your neighborhood!!  Deal??

But, if you give poor people a car too, won't they just drive to my neighborhood?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Wait.  He took a picture with his jacket on and another with it off and you guys have come to the conclusion that it was a photo op to pretend he's busy?   Good gracious man go get some sun and fresh air.

Did you read the part where metadata shows the photos were taken only a few minutes apart? With that fact, the conclusion seems reasonable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, moleculo said:

What about a pizza party every Friday?  It's been a long time since a politician made that promise.

"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Haven't seen shoulder pads like that since Grace Jones.

Hey, Trump, Mike Singletary called and wants his shoulder pads back.

Dude looks like he's wearing 1980s linebacker pads. 

Edited by The Z Machine
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

That game kicked butt. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, massraider said:
30 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

That game kicked butt. 

I felt like Bruce Lee training on a Wing Chun dummy kicking A with those double joysticks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The president has brought in the DOJ to defend him in the personal sexual assault lawsuit filed by Jean Carroll, by claiming that when he defamed her he was acting in his professional capacity as President of the United States. The DOJ will almost certainly lose this motion, but they will have achieved significant delay of the lawsuit at taxpayer expense, so in a sense have won by losing.

The plaintiff's MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The intro sentence sets the table:

Quote

There is not a single person in the United States—not the President and not anyone else— whose job description includes slandering women they sexually assaulted. That should not be a controversial proposition. Remarkably, however, the Justice Department seeks to prove it wrong. At the behest of the White House, and following a certification from the Attorney General pursuant to the Westfall Act, 28 U.S.C. § 2679(d), federal lawyers have moved to substitute the United States of America as the defendant in this action. They assert that Defendant Donald J. Trump was acting within the scope of his employment as President when he defamed Plaintiff E. Jean Carroll, a woman he sexually assaulted over twenty years ago, as retaliation for revealing his misconduct. Trump’s defamatory lies included assertions that Carroll had falsely accused other men of rape; that she was lying about him as part of a secret political conspiracy; that she had fabricated her accusation to sell books; and that he had never met her (despite a photograph of them together). Trump also remarked, “she’s not my type.” Compl. ¶ 97. These are the statements that the Justice Department asks the Court to find that Trump uttered within the scope of his duties as President.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

The president has brought in the DOJ to defend him in the personal sexual assault lawsuit filed by Jean Carroll, by claiming that when he defamed her he was acting in his professional capacity as President of the United States. The DOJ will almost certainly lose this motion, but they will have achieved significant delay of the lawsuit at taxpayer expense, so in a sense have won by losing.

The plaintiff's MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The intro sentence sets the table:

 

This is bananas. The DOJ's client is the USA. In essence, the DOJ is proactively subjecting it's client to possible liability when the Plaintiff isn't even seeking it. In any other situation the client very likely should sue for malpractice or, at the very least, fire the lawyer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the memo. Section D is so telling. In layman's terms, the DOJ was barely even trying in their arguments (5 pages?? Reminds of the President's response brief on the impeachment issue) and is clearly just trying to help the President stall this lawsuit despite doing so really having no discernible benefit for its client. 

 

Just bananas. But, over the last few years, apparently just a Tuesday. 

Edited by Zow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...