What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if he keeps fighting harder and harder making himself look worse and worse or if he will at some point realize the American people will not be forcefed bull#### and take it with a smile.

i think it will be the former. 
Seems plenty of them want to be force fed BS.  They keep defending it...they defended it the entire campaign and voted the man in office.  Doesn't appear like many of them will change their mind no matter what he does and says

But we had more than 2options.  Many thatbstill defend him were onboard from the beginning and supported this crap in the primaries 
Yeah. This is what eats at me as well.  I mean...everybody has recently seen this quote form G. Washington:

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”
In this process, imo, the party system has effectively limited our realistic options to only 2...R & D.  While the theoretical options are much higher; they carry too great of a measure of "wasted-vote" for pragmatic people.  Believe me, I am with you on the reality and great need of pursuing options beyond the 2, but at present, it is nothing more than cutting the path for future potential.  Which; is a good thing.  But, it is not a #winning option in the now..........imo.    ?????

Seems plenty of them want to be force fed BS.  They keep defending it...they defended it the entire campaign and voted the man in office.  Doesn't appear like many of them will change their mind no matter what he does and says
I was referring to the balance of the American populace outside of the hillbilly contingent angry that some Kenyan was trying to take their guns the last 8 years.

you are right I am sure many of them truly think the media is completely dishonest. But that's not the majority of this country, not by a long shot.

Well I'm a rich white guy so there's very little, at least in the short-term, that is going to impact me personally in a negative way.  Of course the disconnect here is that I recognize there are actually other people here in this great country.  And right off the bat a bunch of them are going to be losing their ability to get healthcare so a bunch of upper middle class FBGs don't have to settle for a 65" 4ktv in their living room when they really had their heart set on the 75 incher.

In the long-term, on the other hand, well that's where I don't get you guys.  Every little piece of benign gun legislation is a "slippery slope" to the government seizing all our guns (and I own 3 myself), declaring themselves kings, and throwing all registered Republicans in prison.  Yet here we have a president that has already laid the groundwork that the only way he can lose an election is if it is rigged who is now spending all his time trying to discredit our own intelligence agencies and media so he can convince his swaths of followers that the only place to get the truth is straight from his lips and you're just sitting here wondering "hey, what could go wrong?".
So nothing for you either. Anyone? Anyone at all? We'll just have to continue to hypothesize and be fear mongering about what might happen. 

So far the closest thing is Otis getting embarrassed watching his TV. 

I'm just hoping that he gets a bad personal assistant and ends up missing the majority of his meetings over the next 4 years due to scheduling errors

Someone let me know when your own life is any different than it was in October. Until then, go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air. It will help. 
Well, funny thing, avoiding. One day in and I'm pretty sure my life will already be different. Drumpf has already overturned the 1/4 point drop in FHA PMI rates that Obama put in to place before he left office. I'm a realtor. This was going to save first time and lower income buyers a lot of money on their mortgage payments. Thanks for looking out for the little guy Drumpf. Just like you promised.

Cjw_55106 said:
Ya know, I tend to stay away from these worthless threads, but I feel compelled to simply say #### off. I'm so tired of this bull#### response from all of you douchebags. You put up a terrible candidate and lost. Go cry somewhere else. 
I'm a republican. WE put up a terrible candidate. I don't give 2 ####s about your candidate.

Isn't it great? I know exactly what I was voting for. He's great at so many things that it's hilarious he refuses to accept anything but 1st place in anything.
Em, we've all determined you're a moron a long time ago. Your argument means nil. Morons like you make me scared for my children and grandchildren.

Does the FHA reduction mean that only more stable buyers will qualify, or that the same number of people will qualify, but just pay more.

Because I think the first outcome is likely positive to avoid a 2008 repeat and keep home prices in check, while the second outcome is even worse than the status quo.

Does the FHA reduction mean that only more stable buyers will qualify, or that the same number of people will qualify, but just pay more.

Because I think the first outcome is likely positive to avoid a 2008 repeat and keep home prices in check, while the second outcome is even worse than the status quo.
Does nothing to change amount who qualify outside of he fact that it might throw debt ratios off to where, with some, if the payment is $35-50 per month higher, maybe more people who make less money won't qualify. It's been annual PMI has been .0085% of the loan amount. Obama's legislation was going to drop it down to .0060%. Trump jumped it right back. People will be able to afford less house and some who would have now qualified, now won't.

Holy #### that press conference. It was like an SNL cold opening skit come to life. And that press secretary seriously looks drunk/high/recently sobbing. I would be at least one of those things too if I had to go out there and try to channel Trump's wounded narcissistic rage without any of the showmanship/sleazy charm. Just plain painful. Four more years*! FML.

*http://m.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/19/1622436/-MD-08-Freshman-congressman-with-guts-is-ready-to-file-articles-of-impeachment-against-Trump?detail=email&link_id=6&can_id=cf2251c0b6cb68b5f6759dd70164f0dd&source=email-im-sorry-that-you-no-longer-want-to-be-my-friend&email_referrer=im-sorry-that-you-no-longer-want-to-be-my-friend&email_subject=im-sorry-that-you-no-longer-want-to-be-my-friend

Hardest hitting issue for Wednesday: Hand size measurements confirmed.  "After consulting his doctor I can confirm for you that the President has the biggest hands of anyone in the United States.  The press has, of course, been lying to you again.  Sorry, no questions."
All these things you just mocked he actually has addressed in public. The hands thing he did during a debate.

His ego was damaged yesterday and so he retaliates today. Nothing is more important to Trump than Trump. Can't believe so many people fell for his con that anything else would truly matter. But this is who he's always been. 70-year-old rich elitists don't change their stripes. Just gonna be four years of this type of juvenile behavior. This is what the people and prominent Republicans wanted and now all of us have to suffer. Not like he was hiding any of this behavior before. 
At this point why wouldn't the guy think he is some kind of God. He just ran the most ####ed up trainwreck campaign in the history of the country and won the most powerful position on the planet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spicer  needs to buy a suit jacket that fits.  What's with that collar extending away from his shirt/neck all around the back?  We need a press conference to explain that.
The man signed up to go up in front of the press and shill for Trump - he's not worried about his jacket.

I have watched this guy speak twice now. Before the fake news meltdown with CNN and this one, honestly feel a bit sorry for the guy.

It will be interesting to see if he keeps fighting harder and harder making himself look worse and worse or if he will at some point realize the American people will not be forcefed bull#### and take it with a smile.

i think it will be the former. 
He has done this for over a year. Tomorrow is on to the next thing. It one of his greatest strengths - lack of shame or embarrassment.

He moves onto the next #### up with zero acknowledgement. The amount of mistakes and missteps is astounding. 

Well, funny thing, avoiding. One day in and I'm pretty sure my life will already be different. Drumpf has already overturned the 1/4 point drop in FHA PMI rates that Obama put in to place before he left office. I'm a realtor. This was going to save first time and lower income buyers a lot of money on their mortgage payments. Thanks for looking out for the little guy Drumpf. Just like you promised.
First off a few facts.  Obama had already cut the rate from 1.35 to 0.85 in 2015.  Even at that time, the insurance fund was in bad shape being woefully underfunded compared to congressional mandates.  Industry analysis said that cut would have almost no impact on the market as it represented only about $25 a month to low-income first-time home buyers.  

Now this cut from 0.85 to 0.60 had not even gone into effect yet. The cut was really reckless and exactly the kind of policies which contributed to the 2008 crash.  It was gonna save about $20 a month to a low income person with $100k mortgage while putting an already underfunded insurance fund in terrible shape. 

So let's not get overly dramatic on a bad policy Obama put in place which function appears to be mostly to make his successor look bad when they did the right thing by overturning it. 

Having the President and his staff actually just lie about the inauguration is more than just bizarre or par for the course for this new administration. It's actually a little alarming for other reasons: I studied Russia and Russian history in college, I've been to Russia a few times (LOOK AT ME) as an adult, and this type of stuff that Spicer/Trump are doing is exactly the Russian method of propaganda spreading. This is a constant attempt to erode all trust in our media while distracting everyone from actual important issues so we're going to get a barrage of this bull#### and it's not going to stop. And the media is not doing enough to defend itself. This is the worst lie ever because there is actual photographic evidence that the administration is full of ####. If we are going to survive his Presidency, the media needs to fight back harder than they are. Trump has lied almost every time he's given a speech or press conference over the past year (I'm sure I'm exaggerating a bit here but it feels like it. source:https://www.thestar.com/news/world/uselection/2016/11/04/donald-trump-the-unauthorized-database-of-false-things.html#analysis ) and the media needs to flat out call him a liar - period. The problem, even there, is that anyone calling him out from the media is "FAKE NEWS" so no one can ever dispute anything he says or the POTUS himself is calling their entire organization "Fake News". This is scary #### folks.  What happens when he loses the next election in a landslide and goes on television to tell us all the results are "fake" and "lies" - he is liable to become a threat to Democracy altogether from where I stand and what I've seen so far. This feels like an effort to de-legitimize the media altogether - that's Russia - not America - that's exactly what we fight against and cannot have. That's not coming from a "republican in congress" or a right-wing talk show host. It's coming from the President of the United States himself - that's VERY bad.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, tinfoil-hat wearer, I personally find many of the "protesters" to be ridiculous people, I won't call a fellow FBG a "Trumpkin" or an idiot for supporting him, but even Republicans and Trump voters should begin to notice how scary this is becoming.  This actual event happening post-inauguration should be more alarming than p####-grabbing, tweeting about taco bowls, etc etc combined and I have a really odd feeling that it continues and there is something more sinister going on here. Sinister as in the scale of anywhere from Trump basically being an agent for Russia himself, or just being so unstable and sociopathic that he gets us all ####### killed. At the very least he is so narcissistic that he is clearly going to be putting himself ahead of the feelings of the American people for the next 4 years - he got away with being a narcissistic liar during the campaign - now he's actually the most powerful man in the world folks. I am convinced his personal pride is the most important thing to him - far more important than the billions of people in the world who depend on him to be an altruistic leader.

But yet Hillary is famous for branding news sources that shed light on her scandals as the vast-right wing conspiracy and the left ate it up.   We have become a society which rewards attacks and negativity and the agenda is more important than the truth.  Trump may be the epitome, but is nothing new.  

Having the President and his staff actually just lie about the inauguration is more than just bizarre or par for the course for this new administration. It's actually a little alarming for other reasons: I studied Russia and Russian history in college, I've been to Russia a few times (LOOK AT ME) as an adult, and this type of stuff that Spicer/Trump are doing is exactly the Russian method of propaganda spreading. This is a constant attempt to erode all trust in our media while distracting everyone from actual important issues so we're going to get a barrage of this bull#### and it's not going to stop.
Exactly this.  It's Russia and North Korea.  That's a little terrifying.  Which sounds a little melodramatic to say, since we're talking about the US of A, and what are the odds of it getting to that?  But, boiling a frog....

By the way, he does happen to be the most powerful man in the world now.  I'll admit there is a little piece of me that has hesitated to type negative things about him on the internet.  The fact that I've had that thought, even for just a millisecond, is a little troubling...

Exactly this.  It's Russia and North Korea.  That's a little terrifying.  Which sounds a little melodramatic to say, since we're talking about the US of A, and what are the odds of it getting to that?  But, boiling a frog....

By the way, he does happen to be the most powerful man in the world now.  I'll admit there is a little piece of me that has hesitated to type negative things about him on the internet.  The fact that I've had that thought, even for just a millisecond, is a little troubling...
Same here actually. 

But yet Hillary is famous for branding news sources that shed light on her scandals as the vast-right wing conspiracy and the left ate it up.   We have become a society which rewards attacks and negativity and the agenda is more important than the truth.  Trump may be the epitome, but is nothing new.  
Dude, what planet are you living on??? Some of you guys are so ####### oblivious it is scary.

Ya think

Dude, what planet are you living on??? Some of you guys are so ####### oblivious it is scary.
The only thing scary is your constant name-calling, fear-mongering, race-baiting, one-sided spinmeistering.  I know what a buffoon Trump is, but you need to dial it back.  You come across as a loon.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread