What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely to be real, but:

Rogue POTUS Staff ‏@RoguePOTUSStaff  40m40 minutes ago

"This guy is an idiot. He has no idea what he's doing." Overheard by Trudeau to Freeland.

Rogue POTUS Staff ‏@RoguePOTUSStaff  34m34 minutes ago

Trudeau overheard expressing offense to his cabinet members @ POTUS handshake games. Finds is "disrespectful and tasteless."

Rogue POTUS Staff ‏@RoguePOTUSStaff  30m30 minutes ago

PM Tru likens POTUS to "that one kid who never got beaten up only because everyone else thought he was too pathetic to be worth it. (cont)

"...And now he thinks it's because they all were scared of him. But the whole time they were just laughing at him."
Thanks Rogue POTUS Staff.....Because of your leaks...we'll now be building a wall on the North border.

Basically, Trump ran a campaign based on open hostility toward Muslims.  He explicitly called for a ban on them entering the country.  One of his first acts in office was to impose such a ban for seven majority-Muslim countries.  One of his advisors actually stated on television that the aim of this was to ban Muslims in a way that might pass legal scrutiny.  And you dip#### Sherlock Holmes wannabe's are digging back into some guy's middle-school-to-high-school transition to piece together the clues.    
It was the time in his high school, not the transition, but you always have to mischaracterize any argument against you, thinking it gives you the win.

And if you don't count that, you, of anyone, should at least consider his college years, as most people don't think one receive a "get out of jail free" card for that (so to speak) for actions during that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on.  I mean high school?  College?  

That's like 30 years ago now.  And he's renounced all those statements.  Plus there's nothing in his recent good acts that suggest he's anything other than a fine, upstanding human being.

It's not like there's a consistent racist or fascist thread to his thoughts going back thru the last 15 years or anything.

Oh come on.  I mean high school?  College?  

That's like 30 years ago now.  And he's renounced all those statements.  Plus there's nothing in his recent good acts that suggest he's anything other than a fine, upstanding human being.

It's not like there's a consistent racist or fascist thread to his thoughts going back thru the last 15 years or anything.
I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but if not, it was 2007. He's only 31.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-mar-lago-taxpayers-234562

This politico story takes an educated guess at the amount of money that a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago costs.  Interestingly, an article in the NYT https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/opinion/footing-the-bill-for-trumps.html treats that Politico 3M figure as gospel.

Has anyone found verified numbers?  It would be interesting to see how Trump owning the facility might change the price-tag. 
Last weekend was probably a bit more - as the US has to foot Abe's bill...because it would be an illegal gift if the Japanese government paid for the stay at Trump's resort.  It is possible that Trump "comped" Abe's visit - but that would not be in keeping with Trump's personality...

I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but if not, it was 2007. He's only 31.
That is why people are bringing this stuff up about Miller. Yes, if you are 50 years ago college is about 30 years behind you. At age 31, it is 8-13 and is more relevant. High school is not exactly the distant past either for a 31 year old.

Most people have their most open mind while attending college.  They are away from home, interacting with people from all across the world, drinking all sorts of domestic beers and learning from professors who probably have more worldly views than any teacher they have had before.  

So this was him at his most open mindedness , let that sink in 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-mar-lago-taxpayers-234562

This politico story takes an educated guess at the amount of money that a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago costs.  Interestingly, an article in the NYT https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/opinion/footing-the-bill-for-trumps.html treats that Politico 3M figure as gospel.

Has anyone found verified numbers?  It would be interesting to see how Trump owning the facility might change the price-tag. 
The Politico story (widely quoted) is based on a 2013 GAO report on an identical trip by Obama to Palm Beach.

Many of the 126 rooms of Mar-A-Lago likely are being used by members and high level officials. Not sure how big the family compound is but knowing DJT it's not modest. But it's a moot point - Donald  isn't providing rooms gratis, and room & board is a tiny fraction of the $3.6M.

Logistics of Presidential travel:

- Presidential entourages range from 300-900 depending on the nature & length of the trip

- Air Force One costs $228K per hour, two are being used.

- Plus 1-3 airliners to carry the entourage.

- Plus however many C-17 transports to carry the 45 car Presidential motorcade.

- Palm Beach PD racks up $275K in overtime, fully reimburseable.

Found all that in a few seconds. Bet there are tons of other costs (communications gear, support vehicle, Air Force/Navy aerial support) we don't know about. This stuff doesn't get published in detail for obvious reasons so looking at old GAO reports & reimbursements is the only way to put it together, and probably still doesn't capture everything.

While both his and Abe's inner circles were frantically looking for cell phones to illuminate the super secret intel about the latest North Korean provocation, our Dear leader sat back and took it all in, like a mentally challenged six year old.   I get that not every president handles a crisis quite the same, Obama liked to listen, Reagan went to his advisors, Herbert drew on his experience from the CIA, jr. liked to color and Bubba told the girl under the table to go faster, so it's not surprising that Trump has his own way.   Trump takes the opportunity to marvel at the curtains and carpeting and cutlery at Mar-a-Lago and thinks about the impromptu speech to a newlywed couple in the main ballroom 100 feet away.   
A campaign which was punctuated with "lock her up" chants because of Hillary's questionable use of classified materials, now put their own classified information spread on the table right over the lobster bisque and the peppers with anchovies, so they could read it clearly.   Didn't seem to matter that waiters were refilling water glasses and club members were taking photos, because Trump is Trump and the rules only apply to other people.  

Great job America 

Most people have their most open mind while attending college.  They are away from home, interacting with people from all across the world, drinking all sorts of domestic beers and learning from professors who probably have more worldly views than any teacher they have had before.  

Below is from the 2006 Stephen Miller article that Ivan K says we should dismiss because he was just a immature child at Duke University, but this was only 11 years ago and sounds similar to me to the "white pride" stuff we heard on this forum from SIDA:

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2006/11/america-forgotten-campus-culture

America without her culture is like a body without a soul-yet many of today's youth see America as nothing but a meeting point for the cultures of other nations.

How can America survive if many don't acknowledge, let alone embrace, the very culture that gives it life? We must come to the defense of our heritage. And for us, that fight begins right here, on our campus.

It's easy to understand how the student I spoke with arrived at her deeply misguided conclusion. Duke, in lockstep with the modern American university, worships at the altar of multiculturalism. As we obsess over, adulate and extol the non-American cultures we ignore the culture we all hold in common.

Matthias said:
No shtick you should do your homework. We shouldn't require an ID to vote because it disenfranchises hundreds of thousands of voters while purporting to solve fake votes by dozens.
If he doesn't care about poor people, then why should he care about disenfranchising people?  That doesn't matter.  It's clear who has perspective on this issue and who doesn't.

Most people are at their most extreme political position as well.  And do really stupid things. 

Seems to me the right went crazy wanting to see Obama's college papers and records. 

Now college doesn't matter apparently. 

Most people are at their most extreme political position as well.  And do really stupid things. 
But they aren't one of the presidents top advisors, nor drafting an arguably bigoted travel ban on immigrants 10 years later.

Seriously, the Justice department tells the White House counsel that Flynn might be compromised and they don't do anything.   What the hell is going on in the White House?
Hard to fire Flynn when you told him to have those discussions on sanctions.

Seriously, the Justice department tells the White House counsel that Flynn might be compromised and they don't do anything.   What the hell is going on in the White House?
That's something that is mind-blowing to me.  The intelligence community says they don't want to share top secret info with the White House because they feel the WH is compromised. 

And yet,  nothing heard from Congress? Ridiculous.  Scary.  Unbelievable.  Take your pick of adjectives. 

So the Yates tells the WH that Russia knows Flynn is lying and could use that leverage against Flynn/Trump in a meeting at the end of Jan and they do nothing, and in fact make it worse by repeating the lie to the press.  Just mind blowing.  He's still the freaking NSA.

Chris Kennedy, RFK's son, in his 50s now, is going to run for governor of Illinois.  I think obviously he's setting up for a run at the white house.  I mean, as a Kennedy, he'd probably have to issue a statement where he clearly denies it before anyone would think otherwise.  What do you think, is the Trump era the right time for another Kennedy to run?  Him or the congressman from Massachusetts.  Joesph kennedy III.  Do you think a Kennedy could take back the Great Lakes states for the democrats?  Or is the value of the Kennedy name today not worth enough in that area to make them flip?

Chris Kennedy, RFK's son, in his 50s now, is going to run for governor of Illinois.  I think obviously he's setting up for a run at the white house.  I mean, as a Kennedy, he'd probably have to issue a statement where he clearly denies it before anyone would think otherwise.  What do you think, is the Trump era the right time for another Kennedy to run?  Him or the congressman from Massachusetts.  Joesph kennedy III.  Do you think a Kennedy could take back the Great Lakes states for the democrats?  Or is the value of the Kennedy name today not worth enough in that area to make them flip?
The Kennedy name means little to nothing these days for most voters and is only of nostalgic value for Democrats at best.

Sounds like a tremendous thread idea. Truly great.

I won't be shocked if there is a Special Prosecutor.
I think the Republicans think they damage their brand more by investigating or attempting to remove a Republican President more than just letting the scandals fester.  Afterall, most of their voters reject mainstream journalists anyway, so why would they worry about any blowback from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread