What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The White House has examined a transcript of a wiretapped conversation that Mr. Flynn had with Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, in December, according to administration officials. Mr. Flynn originally told Mr. Pence and others that the call was limited to small talk and holiday pleasantries.

But the conversation, according to officials who have seen the transcript of the wiretap, also included a discussion about sanctions imposed on Russia after intelligence agencies determined that Mr. Putin’s government tried to interfere with the 2016 election on Mr. Trump’s behalf. Still, current and former administration officials familiar with the call said the transcript was ambiguous enough that Mr. Trump could justify both firing or retaining Mr. Flynn.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/us/politics/donald-trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn.html?_r=0

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
In private enterprise there are no politics, at least very little to the average worker.  In government everyone is impacted by the administration, that's the difference.  Has nothing to do with agendas, in government you roll with the punches as you do anywhere else.  Unless the administration is unruly and inept, then you will pay. 
I think there are plenty of politics in private enterprise but you don't see a company split along party line.

Last edited by a moderator:
White House officials have begun discussing the possibility of replacements, and Mr. Trump is consulting Jim Mattis, the secretary of defense and a retired four-star general. Among the options are David H. Petraeus, the former C.I.A. director, and Thomas P. Bossert, the head of Mr. Trump’s domestic security council. Mr. Petraeus, also a retired four-star general, was forced out as the director of the C.I.A. because of an affair with his biographer, to whom he passed classified information. Mr. Petraeus would not need confirmation by the Senate as national security adviser.

Mr. Petraeus is expected to be at the White House on Tuesday, said a senior administration official who was not authorized to discuss the meeting and spoke on the condition of anonymity.
NY Times

Mr. Pence, who used the false information provided by Mr. Flynn to defend him in a series of television appearances, was incensed at Mr. Flynn’s lack of contrition for repeatedly embarrassing him by withholding the information, according to three administration officials familiar with the situation.

Mr. Flynn and Mr. Pence have spoken twice in the past few days about the matter, but administration officials said that rather than fully apologize and accept responsibility, the national security adviser blamed his faulty memory — which irked the typically slow-to-anger Mr. Pence.

The slight was compounded by an episode late last year when Mr. Pence went on television to deny that Mr. Flynn’s son, who had posted conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton on social media, had been given a security clearance by the transition team. The younger Mr. Flynn had, indeed, been given such a clearance, even though his father had told Mr. Pence’s team that he had not.
What a lying sack of #### Flynn is.

That's something that is mind-blowing to me.  The intelligence community says they don't want to share top secret info with the White House because they feel the WH is compromised. 

And yet,  nothing heard from Congress? Ridiculous.  Scary.  Unbelievable.  Take your pick of adjectives. 
Coup?

This is just more of your fake outrage! Can't believe how hysterical you guys are. Get a life!

Oh, and despite the fact that 100% of my posts in this thread are in defense of Donald Trump, I'm not a fan of his.
He didn't even vote for him I hear. 

It will be interesting to see how much carnage results from the Russian scandal. @timschochet - I agreed with you earlier that Congress probably won't do ####. But the WaPo will. And the NYT will. They aren't going to let this go uninvestigated.

The question is - will it reach to Trump? What did he know and when did he know it? (Including how much he knew about the Russian hack of the election).

Interesting times.

Meanwhile in Virginia.

As the Trump administration grapples with the Ninth Circuit's refusal to reinstate the President's travel ban, a federal judge across the country dealt another significant blow to the executive order in Virginia late Monday, writing in her opinion: "Maximum power does not mean absolute power."

US District Court Judge Leonie Brinkema in Virginia granted a modified version of the state's request for a preliminary injunction to stop enforcement of the travel ban, finding the state had the ability to sue, "is likely to prevail on the merits" of at least one of its constitutional arguments and the Justice Department would not suffer any harm from imposing the injunction.

I wonder if that old Samsung Galaxy S3 Trump still uses comes back to bite him.

Apparently very easy to hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread