What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the thread to talk about how awful and boring Swedish food is?

I loved my wife's grandmother when she was alive, sweet old lady who lived in Burbank, but she always used to take us to her favorite restaurant, a smorgasbord called King Swede. Worst ####### food I've ever had. Bland as anything. Even the desserts were tasteless. 
Swedish meatballs down?

No one is denying the migrant problem.

Trump specifically said in Melbourne:

“You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden..."

Except nothing had happened the night before in Sweden. And the Swedes and their government were completely mystified by these comments and had no idea, whatsoever what he was talking about.
Oh, something happened in Sweden; "they" just don't want you to know about it.

Let him watch TV and talk off the cuff. Responsible career adults in important positions in government and military have to be more diligent than ever with this guy up there, but hopefully that's just for 3.5 more years when Pence runs against Michelle Obama or Mark Cuban.

Let him watch TV and talk off the cuff. Responsible career adults in important positions in government and military have to be more diligent than ever with this guy up there, but hopefully that's just for 3.5 more years when Pence runs against Michelle Obama or Mark Cuban.
I doubt those two will run.  I hope they find someone better than Hillary.

So we deflect with fake news in Europe of immigrant attacks because we don't have the problem here to sell an EO? Is that it?
Yep.

Never mind the fact that part of the reason Sweden has the problem is that they make these refugees live in slums while trying to assimilate them and force them to learn Swedish.  Things which we do not do here in the US.  But, you know, BROWN PEOPLE ARE BAD!!! Or whatever people need to say to justify the irrational fear of something that is less likely to happen to them than dying falling out of bed in the morning.

It's a good question, my guess is relating to different possible crimes.

Cyber breach, RICO, etc.
One office is investigating the DNC breaches in 2015/2016, another is investigating the group who hacked Podesta and other cyberattacks they might have done, and a third is following the money, investigating financial transactions that seem to connect Trump to Russian entities.

I'm just so surprised that the people who thought John Podesta and hillary Clinton should be hung by the neck because of a fake story have no issue with the guy who advocates for raping children or the President who will share a stage with him.
You're surprised? Seriously? After everything Trump has done that has been condoned? Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the horrific things the Republicans now condone.

This is one of the frustrating things with the current environment.  

Even if you strip all politics out of the equation, you'd think that it would be a relatively simple thing.  Does Sweden have a major problem with their refugees.  But that can't be established at all.  You could probably have a 20 page thread on Sweden and their supposed rape problem, and the issue would never be solved.  

If they do, they do.  If they don't, they don't.  But unfortunately people don't want to really know what the truth is, they want their side to be right.

Even if you strip all politics out of the equation, you'd think that it would be a relatively simple thing.  Does Sweden have a major problem with their refugees.  But that can't be established at all.  You could probably have a 20 page thread on Sweden and their supposed rape problem, and the issue would never be solved.  

If they do, they do.  If they don't, they don't.  But unfortunately people don't want to really know what the truth is, they want their side to be right.
As with pretty much everything he comments on Blowhard Trump who has the biggest mic on the planet stumbles right into the middle of it and takes a #### all over the place.

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

I have instructed my NSA team to increase vetting at all U.S. Ikea locations.  So sad the dishonest media twists my words.  We will not allow the Swedish threat to our security be diminished by biased judges. 

As with pretty much everything he comments on Blowhard Trump who has the biggest mic on the planet stumbles right into the middle of it and takes a #### all over the place.
According to the Trumpies, he's playing 4D chess and has just brought the world's attention to the massive problem going on in Sweden.

Trump caused the problem by mishearing a segment on Tucker Carlson, blaming others for his own mistake, and creating an international incident by Tweeting first and asking questions later.   That's the problem.  GTFO with this "people don't want to know what the truth is".  The problem is Trump would rather tell a long string of lies without regard for the problems they might cause than admit to a mistake.  This is behavior we see from him over and over again.   Trump is the problem.

There's a real problem with using Sweden as an example.  And it's these two things: 

last I looked (and it could have changed) Sweden doesn't keep rape statistics by nation of origin. 

The definition of rape in Sweden is significantly different than most countries. 

So the question of "is there a rape problem in Sweden from refugees" is an incredibly difficult question to answer from the US perspective.  Kind of on them to make that determination. 

GroveDiesel said:
So the keynote speaker for CPAC is that Milo turd. And now a clip has come out of him gushing about and glorifying the Catholic priests who raped all those kids and saying that it was actually a good thing that happened to those kids. And the alt-right/right's response is to cheer because this is somehow "sticking it to the SJWs". 

Sickening.
Wonder why HT has been quiet on this issue otherwise near to his heart

There's a real problem with using Sweden as an example.  And it's these two things: 

last I looked (and it could have changed) Sweden doesn't keep rape statistics by nation of origin. 

The definition of rape in Sweden is significantly different than most countries. 

So the question of "is there a rape problem in Sweden from refugees" is an incredibly difficult question to answer from the US perspective.  Kind of on them to make that determination. 
Is grabbing a woman by the p#### considered rape there?

These radical Muslims are bad news. Bad. Something has to be done. Can't have them here. 
The problem is partly cultural.  Wife beating is acceptable and women who are raped are often punished as adulterers in their home country.

Imagine a president who represents us, the greatest nation on earth, who could actually express complex thoughts on the trouble that poor education, extreme poverty, and immigration can cause.

Instead we get this jackass who tweets and trolls and babbles incomplete thoughts at some useless ego pep rally, then gets all pissy and idignant when people have the audacity to ask what the #### he is talking about.

I think the thing that should shock anyone is the total lack of vetting of information. So trump listens to Fox News and hears this story about an attack in Sweden. If he thinks that it's real validating it is a 10-second buzz away from full details.

"John, what's this about Sweden last night?" 

The US intelligence apparatus nails it down for POTUS ASAP. The speech and gaffe and passing along fake info is one thing. The fact that the president doesn't see any need to have it confirmed for himself is a total another. 

This is the info he's making his decisions on. That's terrifying.

Last edited:
I still can't get over the fact that the leader of the free world types in ALL CAPS.

Show some freaking respect to the office you nitwit.

These radical Muslims are bad news. Bad. Something has to be done. Can't have them here. 
Be very careful here.  Coulter is citing "muslimstatistics.wordpress.com" - a blog someone set up to track crime/etc related to Muslims.  As it is a wordpress blog, they don't care enough to get a real domain name - anyone can set up a very official wordpress blog for free at any time.   For this story, the data cited by the blog has two categories: Swedish born and foreign born.  The data spans 1985-1989 and then 1997-2001.  They tie "foreign born" into "muslim" via an anonymously confirmed phone conversation with a Swedish policeman.

They do cite an Australian newspaper article form 2011 as further evidence though, so there is that.  From that 2011 Australian article,

UPDATE Reader GavinD says the translation is inaccurate:

The translation here is not great, which created part of the problem. The 100% figure actually refers to assault rapes (ie where someone is attacked and then raped). There were 86 of those over the last five years. There were 189 rapes last year in Norway. Looking at the original report on this, 65% of these were (suspected) by foreigners (although in Norway this can mean second generation in their statistics) and the only breakdown I could find of the foreigners stated that 20% were African, 15% Middle Eastern and 14.5% Asian (15% European??). The victims were 70% locals - 30% not. These figures are for last year only, but match data from a previous study closely enough to suggest a consistent trend. So delete 100% and say two-thirds. Also worth noting that this means the majority of rapes are committed by Norwegians as the largest represented group.This is not a new issue in Norway. As far back as 2001 there have been reports showing similar percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread