What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing that should shock anyone is the total lack of vetting of information. So trump listens to Fox News and hears this story about an attack in Sweden. If he thinks that it's real validating it is a 10-second buzz away from full details.

This is the info he's making his decisions on. That's terrifying.
What's even crazier is that he thinks this is a valid excuse.

"Don't blame me,  I saw something about Sweden on TV last night."

Trump caused the problem by mishearing a segment on Tucker Carlson, blaming others for his own mistake, and creating an international incident by Tweeting first and asking questions later.   That's the problem.  GTFO with this "people don't want to know what the truth is".  The problem is Trump would rather tell a long string of lies without regard for the problems they might cause than admit to a mistake.  This is behavior we see from him over and over again.   Trump is the problem.
I don't know what you're talking about.  I'm not talking about Trump.  I'm just expressing frustration that on a subject that should be straight-forward, it can be quite difficult to get clear answers that everyone can agree on.

What's even crazier is that he thinks this is a valid excuse.

"Don't blame me,  I saw something about Sweden on TV last night."
It's bigger than that though. He's the guy calling the shots on national policy. That he'll do on totally vague and unsourced information. It's one narrative to say that he's leading the sheep. It's a much worse universe where he is one. What slanted special report will he watch tomorrow night?

This is one of the frustrating things with the current environment.  

Even if you strip all politics out of the equation, you'd think that it would be a relatively simple thing.  Does Sweden have a major problem with their refugees.  But that can't be established at all.  You could probably have a 20 page thread on Sweden and their supposed rape problem, and the issue would never be solved.  

If they do, they do.  If they don't, they don't.  But unfortunately people don't want to really know what the truth is, they want their side to be right.
Not really the issue.  The issue is the President misrepresenting a particular incident that didn't occur, then spinning the lie and attacking the press for reporting it instead of admitting his error.

Not really the issue.  The issue is the President misrepresenting a particular incident that didn't occur, then spinning the lie and attacking the press for reporting it instead of admitting his error.
I didn't say it's THE issue.  I'm just generally pointing out an area of frustration.  It's ok to admit that there are some problems in the world that Trump didn't cause.

So... definitely not upset about his promoting child rape, then.  
Trump should not have anything to do with Milo if the guy is a pedo bear.
We might as well make a habit of phrasing the charge correctly (as Henry did) so that Milo can't refute it on a technicality.

He is opposed to pedophilia. What he's in favor of is pseudo-consensual statutory rape.

Pedophilia is an attraction to prepubescent children. Milo says he's against physical relationships with prepubescent boys. He thinks priests and others should wait until boys have begun puberty, which typically happens by age 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon.

You can deflect the fact that you voted for an idiot better than that.
I don't recall seeing "Idiot" on the ballot.  Tim likes to blame me but my vote did not count because Hillary won the state.  

We might as well make a habit of phrasing the charge correctly (as Henry did) so that Milo can't refute it on a technicality.

He is opposed to pedophilia. What he's in favor of is pseudo-consensual statutory rape.

Pedophilia is an attraction to prepubescent children. Milo says he's against physical relationships with prepubescent boys. He thinks priests and others should wait until boys have begun puberty, which typically happens at around 13 years of age.
It is unacceptable.  Priests should pray, not prey on boys.

I didn't say it's THE issue.  I'm just generally pointing out an area of frustration.  It's ok to admit that there are some problems in the world that Trump didn't cause.
Who's saying that?

Maybe the reason you can't come to grips with it is because it's it's a non story; other than Trump making it one.

So the Russian ambassador to the UN just died in New York.  With everything else going on, that makes me raise my eyebrows just a bit.
Just like the guy who got killed by a dumb bell a day before he testify against Hillary.

Should we start a body count for Trump?

Will Controversy Kill Milo Yiannopoulos's CPAC Debut? It Hardly Matters
The Conservative Political Action Conference is already a clown show.
Robby Soave | Feb. 20, 2017 12:15 pm

It's been a whirlwind 48 hours for Breitbart tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos, who was recently announced as the keynote speaker for the 2017 Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C.

Yiannopoulos, an out-gay man, may not seem like a natural fit for CPAC—an organization that once refused to let pro-gay Republican group GOProud serve as a co-sponsor. In 2015, the organization gave a freedom-of-speech award to Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, who believes AIDS is God's way of punishing the gays.

But that was then, and this is 2017. The modern conservative coalition isn't a set of beliefs, it's a cult of personality around Donald Trump and Trump-esque figures. It doesn't matter whether they hold conservative views. It doesn't even matter if they're Republicans. To be a right-wing hero in today's right-wing bubble, all you have to do is bash the left and say Make America Great Again.

Or so it seems. Yiannopoulos, however, is suddenly in hot water, now that video footage of some of his past controversial statements has surfaced. Specifically, Yiannopoulos is accused of defending—or seeming to defend—pederasty: sexual relationships between adults and boys as young as 13. (Many in the media incorrectly characterized his comments as a defense of pedophilia, which is a sexual attraction to people younger than 13. While not quite the same thing as pedophilia, pederasty is of course despicable and rightly illegal.)

Yiannopoulos called the videos "selectively edited… as part of a coordinated effort to discredit me."

It's not clear whether Yiannopoulos's unearthed opinions about pederasty are beyond the pale for CPAC: the American Conservative Union, which hosts the conference, has not announced any change to its speaking lineup. But according to The Blaze, several ACU board members are upset.

Keep in mind that this debate—whether or not to include Yiannopoulos at CPAC—has nothing to do with free speech. CPAC is a private organization that can invite and disinvite people at will. Just as the organizers of the International Students for Liberty Conference had every right to eject a provocateur who wasn't invited and isn't a libertarian, so too would CPAC be justified in choosing someone else to represent the modern face of millennial conservatism.

In a very narrow sense, it's a good thing CPAC finally decided that gay conservatives exist, and should not be shunned. On the other hand, Yiannopoulos is well-known for making disparaging remarks about women, minorities, and transgender people. He's hardly the right spokesperson for a more tolerant, inclusive GOP.

David Boaz, vice president of the Cato Institute, had this to say:

Once upon a time speakers like Ronald Reagan and Jim Buckley gave important speeches at CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference. This weekend CPAC and the American Conservative Union announced that Steve Bannon and Milo will take the podium that once hosted Reagan. CPAC should now be known as CARPAC, the Conservative/Alt-Right Political Action Conference. Trump and his creepy entourage are dragging American conservatism to a place its modern founders insisted they didn't want to be. And it's time for conservatives to decide: do you believe in liberty, limited government, equality under the law, the rule of law, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution? If so, you don't belong in the same movement with Milo. Get out of the shadow of racial identity politics and walk forthrightly into the bright sunshine of human rights with liberty and justice for all.
But let's keep in mind that CPAC gave a platform to Robertson. It gave a platform to Ann Coulter. It gave a platform to Sheriff David Clarke. Would a Milo-free CPAC be less repulsive? Perhaps, but there's still plenty of hate to go around.

Now Paul is ripping McCain

Rand Paul: “We are very lucky John McCain’s not in charge.”

“Everything McCain says should be taken with a grain of salt.  John McCain’s the guy who’s advocates for war everywhere,”

Paul added that if McCain were “in charge” the country would “be in a perpetual war.”

“If you look at the map, there are six different countries where John McCain has advocated for us having boots on the ground,” said Paul.
We're very lucky Rand Paul is not in charge.

Fox News

Horowitz started a series of satirical Fox News.com videos called "Ami on the Street". Horowitz has covered topics such as Iran and their pursuit of nuclear weapons, Ferguson, the alleged IRS scandal, The Affordable Care Act and Taxes. He received a lot of attention and millions of views from his video where he waved an ISIS flag and then an Israeli flag on the Berkeley campus.[9]

In 2017, President Donald Trump made a statement to an alleged terror attack 'last night in Sweden' that never happened, based on an interview with Ami Horowitz on Fox News that he had seen broadcast the previous evening.[2] In that interview, Horowitz made numerous false assertions about Sweden.[2][3] In connection with this interview Fox News asserted a number of 160,000 asylum seekers in Sweden for 2016 though which were down to 29,000 in 2016 after 163,000 in 2015.[2] Horowitz had previously in December 2016 said that he was "punched, kicked and choked" by Arabic-speaking men while filming a documentary in Husby, Stockholm[10] visiting an alleged 'no-go zone the police does not enter' albeit these do not exist,[11] and Sweden having crime rates way below U.S. standards everywhere. No-go area rumors are a popular fake claim for various countries in Europe by right-wing U.S. media, without giving proof
Background on the dishonest filmmaker Fox was interviewing about Sweden, which Trump turned into a statement about what happened in Sweden that night.

More info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread