What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Milo on Maher and he basically said he was a dileberate troll who is feasting off liberals who can't help but take the bait.  He's a more repugnant, more feminine version of Ann Coulter and he delights in watching liberals squirm.  I'm guessing with his comments about priests and 13 year old boys he enjoys watching the right and religious squirm as well.  He's smart, but loathsome.  

Watched Milo on Maher and he basically said he was a dileberate troll who is feasting off liberals who can't help but take the bait.  He's a more repugnant, more feminine version of Ann Coulter and he delights in watching liberals squirm.  I'm guessing with his comments about priests and 13 year old boys he enjoys watching the right and religious squirm as well.  He's smart, but loathsome.  
:lmao:

The problem is that far too many people in this country either can't recognize a troll when they see one or don't care because he's saying things they like.

He is a deliberate troll and I compare his tactics to a modern day Westboro. Shock value sells. With that being said, he just crossed a line with the alt-right. It will be interesting to see how he spins this ... as he is already trying to do.

What is bothersome is:

1. Seriously Milo? Supporting pedophilia?

2. He attempted to relate homosexuality to the old theory that homosexuals are rooted in pedophilia. It's a ultra-right (or ultra-wrong) conservative twist that his attempt to bring attention to any correlation has backfired.

3. Please remember to ignore the trolls, including Milo and Trump's tweets. Even when Milo is crashing and burning ... remember, don't feed the (pedo)bears.

It's real simple.  What Milo said was repugnant and he should be chastised and we should move on.  That's a subject in which there aren't grey areas.  He's disgusting and I don't see what else needs to be said.  

Trump caused the problem by mishearing a segment on Tucker Carlson, blaming others for his own mistake, and creating an international incident by Tweeting first and asking questions later.   That's the problem.  GTFO with this "people don't want to know what the truth is".  The problem is Trump would rather tell a long string of lies without regard for the problems they might cause than admit to a mistake.  This is behavior we see from him over and over again.   Trump is the problem.
:goodposting:

When the media either has news that Trump doesn't like or news that turns out to be inaccurate, Trump and his team calls it "fake news". When Trump lies or is mistakenly inaccurate, he never apologizes, he and his tean says it is " alternative facts".  :lol:

It's real simple.  What Milo said was repugnant and he should be chastised and we should move on.  That's a subject in which there aren't grey areas.  He's disgusting and I don't see what else needs to be said.  
How about "you're fired"?  Perhaps his employer should have some modicum of decency here and distance themselves but that won't happen.  Astonishes me what Republicans are accepting from the mouthpieces of their party.  

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This can't get enough likes. 

How about "you're fired"?  Perhaps his employer should have some modicum of decency here and distance themselves but that won't happen.  Astonishes me what Republicans are accepting from the mouthpieces of their party.  
Well yeah.  That goes without saying.  I was referring to us normal folks.  I suppose I didn't make that particularly clear.  

For me, now I know what he is and what he stands for.  So I don't care to watch or listen to anything he has to say any longer.  I don't care if it's true, or funny, or accurate, or if it's untrue and a blatant lie.  I don't want to know anything about him any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah.  That goes without saying.  I was referring to us normal folks.  I suppose I didn't make that particularly clear.  

For me, now I know what he is and what he stands for.  So I don't care to watch or listen to anything he has to say any longer.  I don't care if it's true, or funny, or accurate, or if it's untrue and a blatant lie.  I don't want to know anything about him any longer.
I agree with this.  

Ditto. Last week was the first Bill Maher show I haven't seen in awhile. All because that guy was a guest. 
I was hoping for more fireworks but Bill was fair to him and both agreed up front they fully support the right to free speech.  Both have also been punished for excercising free speech so common ground.  Bill flattered him but said he was a fool for supporting Trump.  Milo laughed and said Trump is the greatest or some such.  Like many Trump supporters here they just can't get enough of liberal angst caused by Trump et al, even if it comes at a price to everybody. Crazy...  

Rohn:

1. the guy who was killed by a dumbbell was going to testify for himself not against Hillary. (He was being accused of corruption. It had nothing to do with Hillary whatsoever.)

2. he died 5 days before a scheduled meeting with lawyers, not the day before testifying.

3. this alias is a sad insult to the memory of Finless.
Don't be so touchy.  All I mean is there is a conspiracy theory about Hillary and I think a new one will start for Trump.  

Ana Marie Cox@anamariecox 39m39 minutes ago

If only there was a video of another CPAC speaker bragging about sexual assault.
It still blows my mind that Trump survived the Access Hollywood tape. 

I wonder how this political season will affect things going forward.  Will this become the new normal, where we will accept any level of heinousness as long as he's got that "R" or "D" after this name, or is it a double standard that only applies to Trump?  Heck, I'm old enough to remember when simply cheating on your spouse was enough to sink a man's political career, and being a draft dodger was difficult to overcome, if not disqualifying.  Maybe we'd already crossed that line with Bubba, but I think perhaps a step back toward expecting our Presidents not be the scum of the earth would be healthy. 

Because he can write?
For years the popular myth surrounding the Vietnam War was that the Joint Chiefs of Staff knew what it would take to win but were consistently thwarted or ignored by the politicians in power. Now H. R. McMaster shatters this and other misconceptions about the military and Vietnam in Dereliction of Duty. Himself a West Point graduate, McMaster painstakingly waded through every memo and report concerning Vietnam from every meeting of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to build a comprehensive picture of a house divided against itself: a president and his coterie of advisors obsessed with keeping Vietnam from becoming a political issue versus the Joint Chiefs themselves, mired in interservice rivalries and unable to reach any unified goals or conclusions about the country's conduct in the war.

McMaster stresses two elements in his discussion of America's failure in Vietnam: the hubris of Johnson and his advisors and the weakness of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Dereliction of Duty provides both a thorough exploration of the military's role in determining Vietnam policy and a telling portrait of the men most responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread