What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you something pendejo , for 16 yearend especially the last 8 the people haven't heard the straight story from the media.
Sweet...insults now in other languages.

Let me tell you something brochacho...the media has had its biases both ways for years.  That is a far different thing than what Trump, Spicer and now KAC are offering up.

That even that won't allow you to criticize the guy shows just how much orange kool aid you drank.

She also warned that if these sorts of questions about falsehoods continued the Trump Administration was going to have to "rethink their relationship with the press." 

In other words, ask friendly questions or else! 
Pretty sure no real reporter will abide by that.

I don't like his thin skin or temperament. That said the media is a complete joke in the way it tries to discredit everything possible about him. Anyone without the liberal blinders on sees through it. 
Thanks for answering. 

Do you worry that his thin skin and temperament may lead him to restrict media access?  

Thanks for answering. 

Do you worry that his thin skin and temperament may lead him to restrict media access?  
Between his thin skin and it being a complete circus of one sided attacks it's not headed in a good direction. The MLK bust story.....how can you respect this BS? It's a problem on both ends. 

Between his thin skin and it being a complete circus of one sided attacks it's not headed in a good direction. The MLK bust story.....how can you respect this BS? It's a problem on both ends. 
Which media outlet originally reported the MLK bust story?

Now the Trump stooges are calling "Lies"... "Alternate Facts."   [SIZE=28pt]  [/SIZE] Joseph Goebbels  is proud!    [SIZE=28pt]卐[/SIZE]
A swastica?  Really?  You guys need to get your #### back together and come up with some real ideas if you expect to take back Congress any time soon.

Going with the "everybody that doesn't agree with me is a Nazi" didn't work out so well last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I believe the Trump administration is FAR more biased than 'the media.'  I give the media, in general, a 2-3% left bias. Trump team is like 40-50% obfuscation. 

He really truly, in my opinion, is different. Is worse. Is personally and professionally unprepared for and unwilling to deal with the scrutiny of the office. That scrutiny is CRUCIAL to an open and free society. 

A swastica?  Really?  You guys need to get your #### back together and come up with some real ideas if you expect to take back Congress any time soon.
Your prefer the iron cross?  Ok... 

[SIZE=28pt]✠[/SIZE][SIZE=28pt][/SIZE]

Now the Trump stooges are calling "Lies"... "Alternate Facts."   [SIZE=28pt]  [/SIZE] Joseph Goebbels  is proud!    [SIZE=28pt]卐[/SIZE]
I really can't believe someone would post a swastika here. Really poor form . 

Really saddens me a fellow Steelers fan would do this

Going with the "everybody that doesn't agree with me is a Nazi" didn't work out so well last time.
I don't think this is the idea generating arm of the democratic party.  This is the make fun of and criticize the donald trump populace.

Still no substantive response from the trump supporters about the lies coming from the press room on day one.  

So you just not care?  No big deal?  Not lies?

any thoughts whatsoever?
It's day one. Let them get their sea legs underneath them

I thought that George W. Was a good man that was in way over his head. I had great hopes for Obama but feel he really under performed. I remmember how I felt about Nixon (I'm old) and so far Trump is giving me that same feeling. I hope he gets his feet under him and can do good things . I do wonder if there is already an enemies list. And if he can let his grudges go and do the job.

Personally I believe the Trump administration is FAR more biased than 'the media.'  I give the media, in general, a 2-3% left bias. Trump team is like 49-50% obfuscation. 
We would disagree on that but appreciate your perspective, you keep it respectful and make good points.  :thumbup:

I feel the media during the election is an extreme I haven't seen and it's carrying over. I give it time before buying into a lot of the claims and honestly have a lot more concern with the economy. I think we are in an asset bubble than needs to be unwound carefully. 

More like "everybody that uses Nazi techniques is acting like a Nazi".

Also, it's swastika with a K. You should get used to how it is spelled.

If trump lies about something that as obvious as inauguration turnout, what else will he lie about?

One day in and he is already making a mockery of the most respected office in the world.  

This is really sad.  

It's day one. Let them get their sea legs underneath them
Why?  Do you think they'll circle back to this press conference and address any facts (or lack of)?

Do you think that Trump will punish anyone who is not in 'lock-step' with his ideas or who reports something that he doesn't like?  By punish I mean not allowing them to the press conferences.

If trump lies about something that as obvious as inauguration turnout, what else will he lie about?

One day in and he is already making a mockery of the most respected office in the world.  

This is really sad.  
Maybe it will the opposite.  Maybe trump will become more honest as the situation becomes more serious.  Yeah, I'm sure that's how it will play out.

You just said we don't have the right to call the president a liar and a racist until he kills reporters. That is a really incredibly outrageous statement. 
:lmao:   your reading skills never cease to amaze me.  I have stated numerous times Trump is a liar and is very discriminatory in his statements.   My issue was not if you have a right to say the stupid things you do, my point was is that it is not effective to make comparisons to how Trump treats the media to how the media is controlled in North Korea or even Russia, where it is believed as many as 200 journalists have been killed in the last couple of decades.  When you make analogies which are clearly over the top, people rightlfully just turn you off.  Now you have Tim back to fearing a Trump dictatorship.  People need to get out more and stop the paranoia bull####.  

I do have to say I'm pretty happy with the senior political folks coming in to run our Department (and somewhat hopeful of my incoming Secretary).  Maybe because mine isn't one of the sexy ones that the republicans hate.  Our incoming (acting) Dep Sec. is solid, and knows the Dept. well. 

:lmao:   your reading skills never cease to amaze me.  I have stated numerous times Trump is a liar and is very discriminatory in his statements.   My issue was not if you have a right to say the stupid things you do, my point was is that it is not effective to make comparisons to how Trump treats the media to how the media is controlled in North Korea or even Russia, where it is believed as many as 200 journalists have been killed in the last couple of decades.  When you make analogies which are clearly over the top, people rightlfully just turn you off.  Now you have Tim back to fearing a Trump dictatorship.  People need to get out more and stop the paranoia bull####.  
Do you think Putin started with killing reporters, right off the bat?  I'd bet he started with limiting access and minimizing them, calling into question their truthiness, and moved on from there.

Me, I'd rather not go down that path at all.

I mean, yeah there is a spectrum here - shades of gray.  Trump hasn't had anyone killed.  I'm not really OK with anything on the spectrum though.

Do you believe in the slippery slope argument for gun control?

Just curious. 

Because I enjoy seeing individuals "rationale" for their opinions, I've tried to get the Trumpies slant on the press conference yesterday.  Best argument they have is that he's just "antagonizing liberals", which Doesnt seem like much of an argument.

One guy reported it wasn't there correct? And then when it was pointed out as Wrong...did he lie, call it alternative fact? Or did the story get changed to say that they were wrong?

yiu see...one side owned up...the other doubled down on lies with the alternative fact crap 

its one sided because Trump and his people keep lying

Do you believe in the slippery slope argument for gun control?

Just curious. 
I am not against reasonable forms of gun control.  I do have a problem with people and judges who can not see there is an individual right to bear arms in the Constitution.  

Trumps inability to do he obviously smart thing is what is so odd.

Any competent staff could have diffused all the questions about the crowd in 5 seconds.

"you know what, who cares about crowd sizes we have a country to run"

"a lot of people tuned in on tv"

"it was raining"

"obamas inauguration was a historic event"

Any of those would have been fine.  But he has to just make up a lie because he is so insecure, despite being super rich, having a hotter wife than everyone else, and being the president.

Do you think Putin started with killing reporters, right off the bat?  I'd bet he started with limiting access and minimizing them, calling into question their truthiness, and moved on from there.

Me, I'd rather not go down that path at all.

I mean, yeah there is a spectrum here - shades of gray.  Trump hasn't had anyone killed.  I'm not really OK with anything on the spectrum though.
:lmao: ...Yeah, when does the Trump body count website start.  I can see plenty of subscribers in this thread.  

I hadn't ever seen this Conway person on video.  What role does she actually have?  How much does it pay?  I can't imagine having to do all that.

It does suck that the last time Chuck will ever get an interview with Kellyanne he only asked one question and never got a straight forward answer, or an answer at all. 

What if Kellyanne admitted it was a lie, did sleepy eyes have another question ready to go? 

I see the point detractors are making. It's such a dumb thing to lie about, and coming so early in the term, looks sh**ty. Hard to blame them for being defensive though. 

The MLK Bust story is interesting.  If these are the facts, the whole thing is over a tweet from a reporter that was corrected less than an hour later.  Yet it is worthy of discussing at a speech at the CIA and the first thing Spicer mentions in his first press conference?  It's a clear indication that the administration is looking for examples to get Americans to further distrust the mainstream media.  

But compare this to the mistake (for some reason I'm giving them the benefit of doubt and assuming it is a mistake and not an intentional lie) about overestimating the inauguration crowd. Instead of admitting their mistake, they attack and deflect.  

It's a perfect contrast showing why it's reasonable to trust the mainstream media over the administration.    

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread