What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that may be because accusing your predecessor of committing a felony is kinda sorta maybe a big deal? 
Of course. What do you expect Spicer to say?

He's going to say the same thing everytime he's asked until the deadline and the evidence or lack of evidence is out there

"Jared Kushner went to extraordinary lengths to comply with ethics rules."

No he didn't. He transferred his stake to family members. He'll transfer it back to himself when he's done as a WH advisor. That's far different than divesting himself and putting it in a blind trust.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/13/cbo-republican-health-care-bill-raises-premiums-for-older-poor-americans-by-more-than-750.html

The bill does bring down overall premiums in the individual market by about 10 percent by 2026 compared with what they would be under current law, the CBO found. But the CBO includes a big caveat: This would greatly differ based on age and income.

The CBO offers an example of a single individual with an annual income of $26,500.

If that person is 21 years old, he'll largely benefit from the Republican health care bill. Under the Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare), he would on average pay $1,700 in premiums for insurance. Under the Republican plan, he would pay $1,450.

But if that person is 64 years old, he would be hurt by the Republican bill. Under Obamacare, he would also pay $1,700 in premiums for insurance. But under the Republican bill, he would pay $14,600 — more than half his annual income. That amounts to more than a 750 percent increase in premiums from Obamacare to the Republican bill.

President Donald Trump has quietly given the CIA new authority to carry out drone strikes, The Wall Street Journal reports. The move, which reportedly occurred shortly after Trump visited CIA headquarters on Jan. 21, is a departure from previous policy, under which the CIA conducted drone surveillance while the Department of Defense conducted drone strikes. This Obama-era policy required the Pentagon to report on all drone strikes it had conducted. But the CIA is not beholden to the same reporting standards and can now conduct strikes in secrecy, the Journal reports.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/03/13/report-trump-gave-cia-secret-new-drone-strike-powers.html

To engage in a legit discussion on this very sensitive point, you'd need to have your head in the sand to say Trump is not a womanizing, cheating misogynist who ADMITTED to assaulting women (he freakin' admitted it, it's not like we need evidence at this point).
Are you referring to the "grab them by the *****" comment?  I thought it was rude and a stupid comments but also thought it was made by a blowhard ### hole who embellished things.  The left largely thinks Trump is an imbecile incapable of uttering the truth except for this one comment he made more that 10 years ago.

There are plenty of negatives to discuss about Trump, and this was a very valid claim before the election trying to sway peoples vote, but now I don't see the point in arguing this any longer.  Is someone who voted for Trump going to slap their forehead and think they actually do believe they condone sexual abuse just because you say so?

Anybody here from Iowa care to explain how this ####-bird keeps getting elected?
He appeals to a specific demographic.

Tweet from last weekend:

Steve King ✔ @SteveKingIA

Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies.

https://twitter.com/v_of_europe/status/840724494113206272 … 1:40 PM - 12 Mar 2017 · Iowa, USA 8,705 8,705 Retweets 13,697 13,697 likes

(Wilders is a far right Dutch politician & extreme Islamaphobe)

My favorite part of the Assange tweet is that, behinds the scenes, Hillary Clinton is going to cause the turnover from Trump to Pence. If Hillary is so ####### powerful, how come she couldn't get elected, for pete's sake?

Actually I already know why. It's because she decided to have 3 million illegals vote for her, not in any of the swing states, but in California. Damn, that was a bad decision.

Border Agents are demanding phones and passwords from returning US citizens. Muslim citizens.

In 25 cases examined by NBC News, American citizens said that CBP officers at airports and border crossings demanded that they hand over their phones and their passwords, or unlock them.

The travelers came from across the nation, and were both naturalized citizens and people born and raised on American soil. They traveled by plane and by car at different times through different states. Businessmen, couples, senior citizens, and families with young kids, questioned, searched, and detained for hours when they tried to enter or leave the U.S. None were on terror watchlists. One had a speeding ticket. Some were asked about their religion and their ethnic origins, and had the validity of their U.S. citizenship questioned.

What most of them have in common — 23 of the 25 — is that they are Muslim, like Shibly, whose parents are from Syria.

My favorite part of the Assange tweet is that, behinds the scenes, Hillary Clinton is going to cause the turnover from Trump to Pence. If Hillary is so ####### powerful, how come she couldn't get elected, for pete's sake?

Actually I already know why. It's because she decided to have 3 million illegals vote for her, not in any of the swing states, but in California. Damn, that was a bad decision.
For a career politician she did a s**t job of figuring how best to use all the dead people's votes she was getting.

You've been trying to tell people why they voted for various candidates for six months now. Just stop.  It's speculation at best, most likely trolling, and beyond tiresome. 

2. That's fine, i don't care what you label yourself.  You seem to take liberal positions most of the time I see you post, that's all I meant.  It's great that you, with your beliefs, think that things about Trump are true.  But trying to force your views on other folks, and have them pass judgment on themselves using your views seems a bit misdirected.
@Koya it's more than apparent to everyone else.

I know older folks pay 5 times (instead of 3 times) as much as a younger person under AHCA.   Why are insurance companies not spreading the cost?  Are they trying to force old people out of their plans?
It looks like they want to make their profits more centered on older, sicker people. And with premiums so high, older, sicker, wealthier people.

He appeals to a specific demographic.

Tweet from last weekend:

(Wilders is a far right Dutch politician & extreme Islamaphobe)
I'm not saying all Trump supporters and Republicans are racists but there's no denying that racists are feeling a helluva lot better about things with Trump in office.
Yep, doesn't make them racists...but they are mighty comfortable their President shares a mindset about some topics.

For a career politician she did a s**t job of figuring how best to use all the dead people's votes she was getting.
She's simply incompetent at all this illegal stuff. Not like Obama. Guy could wiretap and yet not wiretap at the same time. Stick cameras in microwave ovens- produce fake unemployment rates that become real a few months later...let's face it, Obama was the master.

She's simply incompetent at all this illegal stuff. Not like Obama. Guy could wiretap and yet not wiretap at the same time. Stick cameras in microwave ovens- produce fake unemployment rates that become real a few months later...let's face it, Obama was the master.
Based on all the things the Breitbart and FOX News racists are saying about him and what he's done it's pretty clear Obama = GOAT. 

On Monday King doubled down on the point he had tried to make last summer. He suggested that the U.S. is prosperous because its economy was “created by Western civilization which is descended generally from Western Europe and the majority of the people who established the foundation of Western civilization were white.”

When asked if he would retract the tweet he sent over the weekend, King said his Twitter followers should expect more to follow.

“Not at all,” he said. “I will probably be putting some more out here that causes them to think even more.”

At one point in the interview, Mickelson noted that some people would label King “a racist” for the way he talked.

“Yeah, that’s true,” he admitted, chuckling.
- This is David Duke, and this is the face of nationalism.

Really amazed and horrified to see this creep up into America's discourse, I thought we had stamped it out.

This talk of western civilization as having an ethnic and/or religious component leads to nationalism, then white nationalism, then anti-Americanism. Then they stop worrying that you know they're a racist, then they stop worrying period.

- This is David Duke, and this is the face of nationalism.

Really amazed and horrified to see this creep up into America's discourse, I thought we had stamped it out.

This talk of western civilization as having an ethnic and/or religious component leads to nationalism, then white nationalism, then anti-Americanism. Then they stop worrying that you know they're a racist, then they stop worrying period.
The difference is that Duke keeps running for office in your state and losing. You can be proud of that fact. Iowans, not so much.

The difference is that Duke keeps running for office in your state and losing. You can be proud of that fact. Iowans, not so much.
Well he only ran this last time because of Trump's success.

Previously Duke had spent like 10 years hiding out and selling books in Russia. This was after he was thrown out of Prague.

And you know Saints, from now on whenever somebody makes the bogus charge that racism and white nationalism is generally a southern thing, bringing up Steve King from Iowa should make them shut up.

And you know Saints, from now on whenever somebody makes the bogus charge that racism and white nationalism is generally a southern thing, bringing up Steve King from Iowa should make them shut up.
Ha ok, thanks. Have to laugh thinking how we thought it was all on us to keep this crap out of the nation's capital and away from America's mainstream. Oh well.

Hillary spent more time trying to make her opponents lose than making herself win.
Personally, I don't think she did enough to attack Trump. I think she played it too safe, probably assuming she'd win easily because nobody would really vote for Trump given the mammoth issues he clearly had. 

I am not painting with a broad brush - this is very specific brush.

To the bolded, why nobody voted for Trump based on his history with women, far too man voted for - and many continue to support him - IN SPITE of his history with women.

THAT is my point. And, to me at least, it's disgusting.  That's all.  Not sure much else needs to be said on this, speaks for itself, and at least you (and others) know that, for many of us, we will never forget those who supported someone of such weak moral character.  
You finding his past treatment of women disgusting does not distinguish you from th vast vast majority of people who voted for him.

brohans listen i am still mad at the cia for wiretapping my ham and cheese hot pocket i mean listen pepperoni maybe i can see the point but you toucha my ham and cheesey and we gots a problem you and meesey that is all i am sayin take that to the bank 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread