What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I punch Nazis? (spoiler alert: yes) (2 Viewers)

Is it cool to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face?

• Yes

Votes: 101 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 39.5%

• Total voters
I was not aware that nazis was an anti liberal thing, thought is was an anti American thing.
Nope. Free speech is an American thing, even speech that we find to be abhorrent. See as an American, you have the right to be an idiot and say and feel what you want, no matter how dumb and unpopular it might be.

Nope. Free speech is an American thing, even speech that we find to be abhorrent. See as an American, you have the right to be an idiot and say and feel what you want, no matter how dumb and unpopular it might be.
The government shall make no laws against it...doesn't mean GPJ can't punch someone for it

I was not aware that nazis was an anti liberal thing, thought is was an anti American thing.
Nazis are definitely anti-liberal.  Just ask them.  I don't think that part's in dispute.

What I was getting at, though, is that it seems like it's only people on the political left who are taking what I see as really weird pleasure in seeing this scrub get sucker-punched.  Yeah, sure, none of us likes Nazism.  But this event took place literally on the exact same day a mean, thin-skinned, and probably delusional guy just took over the most powerful national security complex in world history.  Now is when you want to settle our political differences through violence?  You really don't see how this is going to play out?

Nazis are definitely anti-liberal.  Just ask them.  I don't think that part's in dispute.

What I was getting at, though, is that it seems like it's only people on the political left who are taking what I see as really weird pleasure in seeing this scrub get sucker-punched.  Yeah, sure, none of us likes Nazism.  But this event took place literally on the exact same day a mean, thin-skinned, and probably delusional guy just took over the most powerful national security complex in world history.  Now is when you want to settle our political differences through violence?  You really don't see how this is going to play out?
Do you really think this it's odd?

OK, I don't sanction violence.  If the man who perpetuated the assault is arrested, he should have to face those consequences.  That doesn't mean I have to deny the fact that I took pleasure in seeing what happened to Spencer.  This isn't just a guy with different views.  This is a guy with truly evil views.  He wants to wipe minorities off the continent.  Literally.  So seeing him get embarrassed (and not even hurt) gives me a lot of schadenfreude.  We're people, not saints. 

When several million Nazis invade France, then it's time for violence.  When one random Nazi is just standing a street-corner saying Nazi-things, that is not the time for violence. 
"Say, I think those Nazis are up to something."

"Nah.  Let's just wait to see what happens."

Smash cut to some French dude crying as he watches Hitler dryhump the Arc de Triomphe.

IvanKaramazov said:

That's a no?

So when you disagree with someone's views, it's ok to sucker punch them?  Hope the guy that threw that punch gets crushed in both civil and criminal courts.  This needs to get prosecuted as a hate crime.  And had that punch happened to a BLM organizer, that's exactly what would happen.  Luckily we have a new sheriff in town who I suspect won't stand for this kind of nonsense.

The head of the CIA (Brennan) is gone.  He was the idiot that released the report and has had a running feud with Trump for a long time now likely because Trump has intel on how this guy ran the CIA.  Trump met with the CIA workers and got a five minute ovation a few days ago.  And he told them he has their backs.  Brennan was part of the swamp. He won't be missed.

how about fascists?  There were a lot of them on display during the DC riots. 
Neo-Nazis are a sub-set of fascists.

The dude who socked Spencer was "antifa" or "anti-fascist", Spencer himself specifically referenced "antifa" in a tweet. Anti-fascism has been around nearly as long as fascism. Politically, a lot of the most visible antifa in the US are anarchists or some far-left variant, and often use "black bloc" tactics. There's a good recount in The Nation of a female writer who joined a black bloc for J20. 

I think a lot of black bloc actions are misguided or counter-productive, sure. I think anarchism and anything falling to the extreme left, politically, is typically misguided or naive. And like with a lot of Spencer's wackadoodle ideologies, nobody's really all that interested. That's simple ideological disagreement, just as I ideologically disagree with common Trump voters, or Clinton voters, for that matter. No punch.

But, Neo-Nazis like Spencer want ethnic redivision or a "peaceful ethnic cleansing", his phrase. Hey, just a peaceful train ride, it'll be fine!

Baseball. Apple pie. Punching Nazis.

So when you disagree with someone's views, it's ok to sucker punch them?  Hope the guy that threw that punch gets crushed in both civil and criminal courts.  This needs to get prosecuted as a hate crime.  And had that punch happened to a BLM organizer, that's exactly what would happen.  Luckily we have a new sheriff in town who I suspect won't stand for this kind of nonsense.
That's a lot of special snowflake safespace talk for someone supposedly on the tough-guy end of the spectrum.

Neo-Nazis are a sub-set of fascists.

The dude who socked Spencer was "antifa" or "anti-fascist", Spencer himself specifically referenced "antifa" in a tweet. Anti-fascism has been around nearly as long as fascism. Politically, a lot of the most visible antifa in the US are anarchists or some far-left variant, and often use "black bloc" tactics. There's a good recount in The Nation of a female writer who joined a black bloc for J20. 

I think a lot of black bloc actions are misguided or counter-productive, sure. I think anarchism and anything falling to the extreme left, politically, is typically misguided or naive. And like with a lot of Spencer's wackadoodle ideologies, nobody's really all that interested. That's simple ideological disagreement, just as I ideologically disagree with common Trump voters, or Clinton voters, for that matter. No punch.

But, Neo-Nazis like Spencer want ethnic redivision or a "peaceful ethnic cleansing", his phrase. Hey, just a peaceful train ride, it'll be fine!

Baseball. Apple pie. Punching Nazis.
FTR, I probably wouldn't punch a Nazi.  But that's because I barely hit hard enough to tickle and wouldn't get my money's worth.  

I'd gladly hunch down behind a Nazi while you punched one, producing that "high-low" effect ensuring the Nazi loses their footing and awkwardly hits the ground increasing risk of injury.  Or hold a Nazi's arms behind his back if you wanted to work the body like a heavy bag.

And if a known Nazi got in the batter's box against me, I'd throw at his ####### head.  Even if the bases were loaded.  

Tub of Goo said:
Violence against Trump Supporters - OK by the left

Violence against BLM supporters - Very bad by the left
Violence by any right wing groups - Ignored by the right

Violence against Trump Supporters - End of the world

Users who are viewing this thread