What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (7 Viewers)

The Frankman said:
The thing I have is RB is a position the Giants aren't hurting at right now. With a "below average" line we saw Darkwa and Wayne Gallman look ok most of the time, and I really like Gallman's ability as a pass catcher. If the Giants go all out on the O-Line I don't think there's any reason the running game couldn't flourish. If they decide not to draft a QB at #2, trade that pick down and get multiple picks to address O-Line and dare I say it... a stud cover LB in the first 2 rounds?

WR shouldn't be an issue with Beckham/Sheperd/RLJr./King (cut BMarsh and save on the cap). There isn't really a need to draft on O for the Giants if they skip on QB outside of the O-Line. Giants seem to be going after Andrew Norwell, and you pair him with a couple of good rooks + Pugh... now that's a revamp.
I don't follow names so much, but the talk regarding the PennState RB is the only sour note I am hearing. I agree with you, I don't think RB is where they need to be looking at right now. I can understand the interest in QB and thats justified. But I'd love to see some OL and LB picks.

The Giants are switching to a 3-4 hybrid defense so they trade 2 picks for an extremely overpaid LB who is a terrible fit for the 3-4.  Brilliant!

Rams trading LB Alec Ogletree to the New York Giants for two 2018 draft picks, per league source. 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/971489536164417537
Wow Ogletree is a good get. Probably the best cover LB Giants have had in ages, and for a 4th (compensatory) and 6th? And the Giants get the Rams' 2019 seventh-round pick. I was just clamoring for a stud cover LB and Giants got one. Pair him with B.J. Goodson and that's NICE. 

Is he overpaid? Sure, but you overpay young ascending players nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Ogletree is a good get. Probably the best cover LB Giants have had in ages, and for a 4th (compensatory) and 6th? And the Giants get the Rams' 2019 seventh-round pick. I was just clamoring for a stud cover LB and Giants got one. Pair him with B.J. Goodson and that's NICE. 

Is he overpaid? Sure, but you overpay young ascending players nowadays.
Ogletree is awesome ... I wanted the Giants to draft him ...instead they got Pughed upon

The Giants are switching to a 3-4 hybrid defense so they trade 2 picks for an extremely overpaid LB who is a terrible fit for the 3-4.  Brilliant!
Maybe the best linebacker the Giants have had since the 80s

Just my $.02, but I see a trade with BUF.  They would like a top QB and the #21 #22 should yield a couple quality linemen & future picks.

Ogletree is as good as Armsted and better than Pierce ....Pierce was real overrated 
We saw a lot of different things in Ogletree. I thought he was one of the worst players on the Rams defense. I was blown away he got extended last year.Maybe a change of scenery will help, and I think very highly of Gettleman, but Ogletree won't be missed by the Rams at all.

Ogletree seems to be a guy who has a reputation with fans around the league that far exceeds what people who watch him closely see. I think it's because for such a long time, he was included among the ridiculous "this is how much the Rams ended up getting for RGIII" storyline. 

If the Giants aren't going QB at 2, the smart play is to trade down.  Quenton Nelson or whomever they have as the #1 rated OT would be a good pick if they trade down.  To win in the playoffs you need to win in the trenches.  

travdogg said:
We saw a lot of different things in Ogletree. I thought he was one of the worst players on the Rams defense. I was blown away he got extended last year.Maybe a change of scenery will help, and I think very highly of Gettleman, but Ogletree won't be missed by the Rams at all.
Prior to his injury he was a stud ... maybe he never recovered?

Norwell signed with the Jags, Cordy Glenn traded to Cincy ...what now? 

I have no idea what the Giants plan to do for an offensive line. Want to see something scary ...

• LT    1. Ereck Flowers

2. Laurence Gibson
  • 3. Jessamen Dunker

[*]LG    1. John Jerry

• 2. Damien Mama
  • 3. Ethan Cooper

[*]C    1. Brett Jones

[*]RG    1. Jon Halapio

• 2. John Greco
  • 3. Kristjan Sokoli

[*]RT    1. Chad Wheeler

• 2. Adam Bisnowaty
  • 3. Nick Becton

This may be the worst offensive line ever put together 

richburg was lousy let him go..you know , it makes sense for NYG to trade with Bills, get the #12 and 21st overall picks,and maybe a 3rd or 4th for the #2..

ND Q. Nelson will be there at 12.that's really REALLY who the Giants need, anyways..then get another lineman with the 21st..then a RB with the 34th..

they should also trade OBJ and get another top end 1st round pick and a 2nd or 3rd..( Indy?) OBJ is a cancer on this team,they have a losing record in games he goes over 100 yards.thecoke and booze and pot photo isn't going to help him either.. 

I wished they traded him last offseason but now's the time to it..

I like Barkley but they need line help in the worst way.

richburg was lousy let him go..you know , it makes sense for NYG to trade with Bills, get the #12 and 21st overall picks,and maybe a 3rd or 4th for the #2..

ND Q. Nelson will be there at 12.that's really REALLY who the Giants need, anyways..then get another lineman with the 21st..then a RB with the 34th..

they should also trade OBJ and get another top end 1st round pick and a 2nd or 3rd..( Indy?) OBJ is a cancer on this team,they have a losing record in games he goes over 100 yards.thecoke and booze and pot photo isn't going to help him either.. 

I agree with trading OBJ ... I said this a while ago when he and that fruity Punter were hugging and crying together.

They should have traded him to the Browns for one of their 1st rounders then they could have traded out down with the Bills for their 12 and 21st picks ... They could have ended up with Barkley and Nelson and still had another 1st rounder for whatever they wanted to take QB WR or Olineman

I have read that he is well like by his teammates and that he practices hard and plays hard. How is he a cancer?

I have read that he is well like by his teammates and that he practices hard and plays hard. How is he a cancer?
Is this really what you want representing your team? He's a phenomenal player but when did a WR ever make that much of a difference ... He hasn't come up big when we need him. If it's not him it would be someone else  

https://www.google.com/search?q=odell+and+brad+wind+crying&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS769US770&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM%3A%2CzYsPYvJbQKFxEM%2C_&usg=__PDFhRf6qBiI2olJkl3fpqipEncM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjesO-20OzZAhWkzVkKHeaGB1kQ9QEILjAD#imgrc=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM:

Is this really what you want representing your team? He's a phenomenal player but when did a WR ever make that much of a difference ... He hasn't come up big when we need him. If it's not him it would be someone else  

https://www.google.com/search?q=odell+and+brad+wind+crying&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS769US770&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM%3A%2CzYsPYvJbQKFxEM%2C_&usg=__PDFhRf6qBiI2olJkl3fpqipEncM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjesO-20OzZAhWkzVkKHeaGB1kQ9QEILjAD#imgrc=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM:
... Did I really read this?

Flowers to LG or RT?     I'm seeing rumors of bills moving up, not sure i want #12 (+ whatever else) for #2, but i'm not sold on any of these QBs at #2.     

Are you serious? The guy cried on the sideline so the Giants should trade him?

Yes he had a terrible game in his 1st ever playoff game and yes he wears his “emotions on his sleeve” neither of those things are anywhere close enough for me want him gone

313 receptions 4,424 yards and 38 TD’s in 47 games to put it lightly is damn good production

Flowers to LG or RT?     I'm seeing rumors of bills moving up, not sure i want #12 (+ whatever else) for #2, but i'm not sold on any of these QBs at #2.     
I feel like he could be a better guard but either way they improved 2 positions with this signing . They still have a ways to go on th eoline

Per the value chart

#2 = 2600

#12 = 1200

#21 = 800

The difference between the Giants pick and the Bills 2 1st round picks is 600 points

600 points = #31

Ok Giants fans question for you after the Jets traded for #3. How much would you feel good about getting to move down to 12 with the Bills? Or are you 100% against that? I'm assuming it would be an offer of 12, 22, 2019 1st plus a few 2nds, or maybe even 2020 1st? 

Ok Giants fans question for you after the Jets traded for #3. How much would you feel good about getting to move down to 12 with the Bills? Or are you 100% against that? I'm assuming it would be an offer of 12, 22, 2019 1st plus a few 2nds, or maybe even 2020 1st? 
I luv the idea but there are 2 or 3 players that I really want that wont be available at 12 ... maybe is they could get some picks and trade back up into the top 6 or so

I would want one of Saquon or Nelson ... as far as QBs I would want either Josh Allen or Mayfield ... I want nothing to do with Darnell or Rosen .

Really wish they would trade OBJ ... then we could really load up. Try to land Saquon, Nelson and a QB or Ridley 

the jets gave up so much to get to 3, i think it's a tell that nyg are set on taking a qb at 2. otherwise they probably would have hopped all over that deal to move to 6 imo

the jets gave up so much to get to 3, i think it's a tell that nyg are set on taking a qb at 2. otherwise they probably would have hopped all over that deal to move to 6 imo
Interesting take

I certainly would have liked to see the Giants get the Colts deal

That's what Joe Banner has been saying on twitter today.

Shefter tweeted out that the team the Jets really passed to get a QB was the Bills, which suggests Colts took advantage of a bidding war neither the Browns or Giants wanted to lose a chance to draft a QB to reap the benefits.

I feel like there is close to zero chance the Browns or Giants passed  this kind of deal to draft a RB. Browns are taking a QB if the Giants make the pick at 2 so are they.

Either way if Giants don't make that pick at 2 will be someone paying to come get a QB and with pick 3 no longer for sale and everyone knowing that's a QB the price for pick two to any team wanting to move up to get a QB just got higher. This is good for Giants.

no it shouldnt be, that would be the worst thing the Giants could do is to take a QB..no way the Gmen want a QB at #2, he's going to get killed just like Eli unless/until they fix that line. they're taking Barkley at #2. why would they take a qb and sit him for 2-3 years to wait till eli is done??????? they need oline help. they need defensive help. they need a bit of everything. either they take Barkley or they trade down with Broncos or tell Indy give us all of that the Jets gave you, plus your 6th for our #2 overall pick..or trade with the Bills.

but taking a QB will NOT solve any problems.eli sux becuase his line sux. he had killer lines in 07 and 11..he's had garbage men and truck drivers ever since..

at least Barkley solves one issue - the glaring hole they have at the RB position..they signed JS just because they need a warm body who can carry the mail..Darkwa cant. 

another reason to NOT take a QB is that there arent any good QBs to be taken..Mafield? really? Rosen? Darnold? threw a lot of picks at USC made some really dumb plays I wouldnt touch him at all..

stay away get the best RB in the draft, Barkley..

J, Stew can carry the mail but Darkwa can’t?

Stewart -198 carries – 680 yards – 3.4 ypc behind All Pro guard Andrew Norwell and Pro Bowl guard Trai Turner

Darkwa – 171 carries – 751 yards – 4.4 ypc behind a bad Giants offensive line

Stewart was brought in more for his leadership ability than his carry the mail ability

Also whether they take a RB or a QB they don't address the OL with their 1st pick

no it shouldnt be, that would be the worst thing the Giants could do is to take a QB..no way the Gmen want a QB at #2, he's going to get killed just like Eli unless/until they fix that line. they're taking Barkley at #2. why would they take a qb and sit him for 2-3 years to wait till eli is done??????? they need oline help. they need defensive help. they need a bit of everything. either they take Barkley or they trade down with Broncos or tell Indy give us all of that the Jets gave you, plus your 6th for our #2 overall pick..or trade with the Bills.

but taking a QB will NOT solve any problems.eli sux becuase his line sux. he had killer lines in 07 and 11..he's had garbage men and truck drivers ever since..

at least Barkley solves one issue - the glaring hole they have at the RB position..they signed JS just because they need a warm body who can carry the mail..Darkwa cant. 

another reason to NOT take a QB is that there arent any good QBs to be taken..Mafield? really? Rosen? Darnold? threw a lot of picks at USC made some really dumb plays I wouldnt touch him at all..

stay away get the best RB in the draft, Barkley..
:oldunsure:

Only reason the Jets are picking at #3 instead of #1 or #2 is because the Browns and Giants are also planning on taking a QB. 

As they should. 

Trade # 2 to Bills for 21, 12 , and 2019 1st rd pick or 2018 2nd & 4th

Trade Odell to the Browns for #4 

• # 4 - Barkley 
  • #12 - Trade back up to #7 to get Nelson
  • #21 - Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson (assuming the other 4 are gone)
  • #34 - Hernandez or best center available 

Users who are viewing this thread