What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (4 Viewers)

Giant Trade 7th rd pick to Denver for  CB Isaac Yiadom  

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/9/2/21419234/broncos-trade-isaac-yiadom-giants

Throw enough #### at the wall hopefully some of it will stick

Gaints kept 10 out of 11 Darft Picks on the 53 ... All the LBs have made it so far Brunson, Tae Crowder, Cam Brown, and Carter Couglin. Judge seems to  like LBs something the Giants havent focused on in years and they are much more athletic at the position then they have been in recent years.

Got a feeling they will try to add another Center or CB from waiver wire today

I believe they will try to sneak Connelly back to the practice squad ... Halapio declined the practice squad 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not Ha Ha Clinton Dix ?

He has ties to Bama and Greenbay as do some of the Giants coaching staff including Judge in 2011 when Dix was a Freshman

Just out of curiosity... what is the story on Joe Judge? What kind of offense/defense is he expected to generate or why was he chosen to lead this team? TIA.

Just out of curiosity... what is the story on Joe Judge? What kind of offense/defense is he expected to generate or why was he chosen to lead this team? TIA.
He says that he is going to stay out of his coordinators way and let them call the plays.

So expect the offense to look a lot like what Dallas looked like when Garrett was calling the plays. Allegedly they are going to be creative finding more ways to get the ball in Saquon’s hands. They claim they are going to be more aggressive down the field with Engram (if he can stay healthy). Obviously none of it will work if the revamped OL doesn’t gel. They have a rookie LT, a 2nd year guy who never played center starting at center and a journeyman RT. My expectations are low.

Defensively they talk about being multiple. They have been cross training all positions (CB and S as an example). They will probably run a lot of 3 safety looks (Peppers, Love and Ryan (McKinney)). They are going to have to manufacture a pass rush unless one of the young guys (Carter or Ximines) make a huge leap. They should be good up the middle against the run.

I have no idea why he was hired, I assume he was hired because he interviewed well and because of his ties to Belichick and Saban. I hope they got it right.

I think there are good things ahead for the Giants but I'm concerned as hell with the Oline mentioned going against ...

TJ Watt, Bud Dupree, Minka Fitz and Devon Bush ... Steelers led the league in Sacks last year.  Really tuff test and Not Good for a young oline and QB !!

Piss poor coaching/play calling is to blame for the loss.

You can’t get the ball inside the 5 twice and only come away with 3 points.

You have one of the best RB in the league, stop with the shotgun formations down at the GL.

Bring in the extra OL or TE or even put big Dex at fullback and power your way into the endzone.

The roll out to Bud Dupree’s side one play after Saquon got you 7 yards on the ground behind a 3 TE look was just ####### stupid.

Still holding grudge: If Eli throws that ball in the red zone, the haters come out in full force. That was inexcusable. (And in no way do I think Eli does that.) The Oline has to block better. I think it took 10 minutes in the 3rd before Barkley touched the good side of the line of scrimmage on a run. That's inexcusable too. 

There were some positive signs, but lot of signs that nothing has effectively changed.

Yenrub said:
1 -Piss poor coaching/play calling is to blame for the loss.

2 - You can’t get the ball inside the 5 twice and only come away with 3 points.

3 - You have one of the best RB in the league, stop with the shotgun formations down at the GL.

4 - Bring in the extra OL or TE or even put big Dex at fullback and power your way into the endzone.

The roll out to Bud Dupree’s side one play after Saquon got you 7 yards on the ground behind a 3 TE look was just ####### stupid.
1 - I disagree ... I thought the game plan was very good ... They couldnt run the ball at all  and they had to get rid of it in 2-3 seconds ... It was the only thing they could do 

2 - Jones ... ####ed up really bad on the Int inside the 10 on 2nd down  ... nothing a coach do about that ... In Jones' defense I think he was exhaused after a 19 play drive and was just trying to end it  .... Pitt makes you work your ### off for every freakin yard and I thik it just wore him out

3 - Ive been a huge Saquan pumper even supported drafting him so high  but honestly starting to question how good he  actually is. He shies away from contact and has been very indecisive . He also seems to lack quickness and didn't make anyone miss tonight.  After wathcing Zeke last night ... Zeke is much better,  he is quick and decisive and punishes the defense for a couple/few extra yards almost every run.  Saquan had a chance to flatten Minka on that one big catch and run  ... would have made Minka think twice about tackling him for the rest off the game ... instead Minka got back in the play and almost punched the ball out of Saquans hands

4 - 2nd play of the game Giants went with what looked like 13 personel ... ran right and still lost a  yard 

On Offense 

• I thought Saquan and Engram were discouragingly bad as offensive weapons and in pass pro ... both dropped passes right in their hands and had big missed blocks in pass pro .... they were pretyy much non factors ... they were both below average players tonight ...  Kaden Smith looked better than Engram tonight
  • Thought the line sucked badly run blocking and were adequate in pass pro only because Jones was getting rid of the ball quickly 
  • Jones was actually great ... except for 2 really really horrible plays
  • Darius Slayton was fantastic
On Defense 

• Giants were really aggressive and  hitting in the beginning of the game ... first couple of drives
  • After that they sucked and looked a lot like like last season ... lot of missed tackles and tortured on short over the middle passes
  • Holmes looked good and was all over the feld and aggressive early in the game  before getting schooled by JuJu on every critical play later in the game
  • Thought Lorenzo Carter, Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrance looked  good 
  • Corey Ballentine looked just like Grant Haley ... Nice tackles between every blown pass coverage 
  • Thought Jabrill sucked  on Defense  ... Starting to believe he is all talk. He looked good on punt returns 
  •  Blake Martinez lived up to his reputation of being a great down field tackler ... he tacles like  he doesnt want to hurt anyone ... soft as butter 
  • Isaac Yiadom got toasted for an easy TD on the only play I saw him in the game ... Good job 
  • Julian Love made a stupid play inside the 5 trying to strip the ball while the receiver ran him over for a TD .... aggressive mistake.

Ok I have calmed down a little. I agree that the overall game plan the coaches had was good, but they were terrible in key situations.

All offseason they preached tough & physical football, well coming out in shotgun formation on 1st and goal at the 3 doesn’t jive with tough & physical. If you want to throw down there do it like the Titans did with a fake to your back and hit a TE sneaking out.

The play call on the Jones interception at the end of the 19-play drive was just dumb! The finally had some success on the ground, the play right before the interception was a 7-yard run (Engram pancaked TJ Watt on that play). Dupree had been eating you up all damn night especially when you left him unblocked, what made them think that play would be ANY different? Sure Jones has to throw the ball away but the play call was horrible.

Also how about calling a screen play to Bud Dupree's side of the formation? Try SOMETHING to slow that guy down.

I agree with Tiki about the pass pro, but disagree he’s not an every down back.

If a star RB isn’t good in pass pro, maybe that’s when a coach should go to more 2 TE sets or use a FB to block. 

Not saying Saquan shouldn’t improve - he absolutely should. But there are other answers in the short term.  Using one RB on run plays and another on pass plays makes an offense pretty predictable. 

He should always be running a route on passing downs.
That’s the answer, IMO. He’s one of the best receivers on the team. I wouldn’t hire an aerospace engineer to fix my garbage disposal & I wouldn’t hire a plumber to work on the space shuttle’s circuit boards.

Barkley is arguably the team’s best offensive weapon. Why use him in pass protection? Garrett was talking up his stable of TE’s - surely one of them can block for Jones? 

You guys can't be serious about Barkley always running a route and not blocking.  ALL RBs have to learn how to block and if they can't do it, it often results in lost playing time or even worse - a dead QB.

You guys can't be serious about Barkley always running a route and not blocking.  ALL RBs have to learn how to block and if they can't do it, it often results in lost playing time or even worse - a dead QB.
Barkleys not going to lose playing time to anyone so he either learns to block or Jones is dead

I liked Barkley's response to Tiki's criticism.  Barkley took it as a challenge to improve his game, which IMO he needs to do.  While I think a team that relies so heavily on it's RB needs a better #2 than Gallman so he can spell Barkley more often, I like it when a player like Barkley understands that the criticism he's receiving is warranted and he takes it as a challenge to improve instead of being defiant about it and failing to admit his weaknesses.

I was watching the all 22 from Monday Nights game ... only part way through the 2nd Quarter here are some take aways 

•  1st Quarter Lorenzo Carter. Leonard Williams, and Blake Martinez (I owe him an apology) were outstanding on defense 
  • The Oline has been pretty terrible except for Andrew Thomas who has been pretty good.  
  • Giants dominated the first 18 minutes of the game 
  • 2nd Quarter Started the same Lorenzo Carter. Leonard Williams, and Blake Martinez were all ove rthe place ... The TJ Watt pick was the turning point of the quarter. Carter and Williams seemed to tire out about half way through.
  • Zeitler looked surprisingly bad to me maybe because of who he is playing between. TE blocking was terribel Tiolio had a horrible missed block . Hernandez did not stand out to me as either good or bad ... I think he had a decent 1st half EDIT To Add : I payed attention to Hernandez in the 2nd half and thought that he looked really good ... I heard people say he was terrible ... I dint see that.
  • Barkley didn't have much of a chance at all ...it wasnt like he was missing holes ...There just werent any.
  • Fackrell looked like a turd from what I saw 
  • Holmes was getting picked on and all of the DBs were running into each other and taking each other out of plays 

Today will be the 1st time that Daniel Jones will have his top 5 weapons available to him at the same time.

Barkley, Engram, Shepard, Slayton and Tate 

Hope the OL can hold up

The big question to me is with no training camp, will Jones get better at feeling/recognizing pressure sometime this season? Because he's one misread away from a serious injury. It killed me watching his decision-making at times and inability to read the LBs. Until he improves that he's going to get eaten alive; Saquon can't help him out there with his own issues (i.e. O-Line failing at run-blocking)

Monday they had to deal with TJ watt and Dupree

Today they have to deal with Mack and Quinn who are both slightly banged up ...which I guess is a little better than week1 

Overall Pitts D a tougher matchup ...Let's see how it goes! This is a big week  ... If they can correct the mistakes and pull out a win I think the Giants can win 8-9 games 

If it's the same stupid mistakes it's going to be a long season and another top 5 draft pick 

I feel like Da Bears are just what the doctor ordered.  I mean they have a solid D, but Trubisky is a turd. I was all over the G men on a parlay at +5.5......I feel like it's 50/50 for the G men to get the win today.

wow amazing to see a Bears-Giants game shifted unprotected to CBS - a long way off now from when this was guaranteed Madden-Summeral feature status.

-QG

Fear is that Saquon has a torn ACL. He will get an MRI tomorrow.
What a disaster ... Unbeleivable that this team is trending toward competitive and now they will be withouit Barkley for the season

And of course  Gallman was inactive ... would have loved to have seemn him get a shot ...It may have made a difference in this game 

There's been a lot of complaints about the field conditions at MetLife Stadium.  There's speculation that some of the Jets and Giants injuries are a result of the field. 

Not a fan but as someone who flipped between the two games on offer on NYC tv this weekend I was struck by a contrast I saw be Gase and Judge.  Down 21 late in the 3rd quarter, Gase kicks the field goal vs going for it on 4th and 8. 

Moments later at the very beginning of the 4th quarter and down 14 points Judge went for it and was rewarded with the touchdown.  

Seems like a guy who will show faith in his players.  I think you Giants fans should be optimistic about him.

-QG

I didn’t get to see most of the game (thanks soccer) I noticed that the Bears went up 17-0 at the half but didn’t score in the 2nd half. Did the Giants defense turn a corner or is the Bears inept?

Not a fan but as someone who flipped between the two games on offer on NYC tv this weekend I was struck by a contrast I saw be Gase and Judge.  Down 21 late in the 3rd quarter, Gase kicks the field goal vs going for it on 4th and 8. 

Moments later at the very beginning of the 4th quarter and down 14 points Judge went for it and was rewarded with the touchdown.  

Seems like a guy who will show faith in his players.  I think you Giants fans should be optimistic about him.

-QG
Dude had me at hello. 

I didn’t get to see most of the game (thanks soccer) I noticed that the Bears went up 17-0 at the half but didn’t score in the 2nd half. Did the Giants defense turn a corner or is the Bears inept?
Little of both ... The D wasnt overly impressive but they did pitch a shiutout in the 2nd half ...2 Ints a punt and a missed Field goal ... Bradberry played great and his int was a thing of beauty.

Giants D and Jones sucked badly in the first half.  Sadly  Barkly was running well with carries of -1, 5, 18 and 6 before getting injured. He actually almost broke his wrist on the 18 yard run (came off in pain holding his wrist)  before blowing out his knee on the next carry 

I think if any one of the following did not happen ... the Giants would have  won the game 

• Barclay  - Injured 
  • Gallman - Deactivated 
  • Gano - Missed 57 yd FG  
  • Maybe even Shepard - Injured 

Little of both ... The D wasnt overly impressive but they did pitch a shiutout in the 2nd half ...2 Ints a punt and a missed Field goal ... Bradberry played great and his int was a thing of beauty.

Giants D and Jones sucked badly in the first half.  Sadly  Barkly was running well with carries of -1, 5, 18 and 6 before getting injured. He actually almost broke his wrist on the 18 yard run (came off in pain holding his wrist)  before blowing out his knee on the next carry 

I think if any one of the following did not happen ... the Giants would have  won the game 

• Barclay  - Injured 
  • Gallman - Deactivated 
  • Gano - Missed 57 yd FG  
  • Maybe even Shepard - Injured 
I just watched the condensed version of the game. Definitely a winnable game.

The offense is inconsistent. Only one target for Engram in the 1st half seems weird.

Jones got away with that interception returned for a TD, penalty was weak.

The run game was looking decent before the Saquon injury.

Obviously Ballentine can’t fall on that TD pass but the QB has way too much time.

Defense wasn't terrible outside of the 1st drive.

I'll take it ... I actually think Gallman is a pretty good running back. He had a very good rookie season and did a nice job filling in for Saquan last year for 1 game .

Gallman was a workhorse and a stud for Clemson starting all 3 seasons including the chapionhip seasonvs Bama  
I agree on Gallman. I was surprised to see him used so little after a good rookie season. 

He seems like the kind of guy that is good at everything but spectacular at nothing

Just finished wathcing the all-22 and I am pretty happy with the way the Giants played in thsi game. I actually think they looked like the much better team but they did not catch any breaks at all and there are so many little plays that could have changed the outcome.

I strongly believe that had Barkley not been injured or if Gallman was active they win this game. Dion Lewis is a decent 3rd down back but he left yards on the table on every single carry.

The tipped pass that ended up getting caught by a bear olineman costs the Giants 2 minutes off the clock before their last possesion  ... that was a terrible break 

Giants Oline looked pretty  good both run and pass protection ...significant improvement from week 1. I hate when the Giants go with 13 personel ... I dont think any of the Giant TEs are good enough blockers to justify all 3 of them being on the field at the same time  ... all it does is bring more defnders into the box which works agianst them 

The Giants D line looks great when they have 3 down lineman ... which is the strength of their defesne however they kept going  with 2, 1, and sometime 0 down lineman. Leonard Williams, Dexter Lawrance and either Tomlinson or BJ hill was dominant on most plays ... 2 or less down lineman and they applied no pressure at all

San Fran is all banged up and they have the stadium turf in their heads ... between that , the improvement that theyve made and Gallman over Dion Lewis I think the GIants are going to pull off their first victory of the season 

Ok I'm done with this team ... We have to rebuild the just rebuilt team. So many problems, to many to fix and every move they make back fires ! 

• Peppers - Is a pu'z and doesnt want to play football the guy is all bark and no bite ...Terrible Trade 
  • Saquan's  done and turns out to be a terrible draft pick 
  • Jones Sux and is regressing every week ... another terrible pick ...Time give McCoy a start 
  • Zeitler might be the worst Olineman on the team this year ... and that's tuff to do ...another bad Trade 
  • Evan Engram ...Bust 
  • Hernandez Bust !!!!
  • Garrett was a terrible choice as an Offensive Coordinator 
  • Judge is a very big questionmark right now 
This was absolutely disgraceful !!!!!!!! This team quit !!!!

I hope they dont win another game this year, GettlePuke is  ####canned and the new GM could start with Trevor Lawrence !!!!

Ok I'm done with this team ... We have to rebuild the just rebuilt team. So many problems, to many to fix and every move they make back fires ! 

• Peppers - Is a pu'z and doesnt want to play football the guy is all bark and no bite ...Terrible Trade 
  • Saquan's  done and turns out to be a terrible draft pick 
  • Jones Sux and is regressing every week ... another terrible pick ...Time give McCoy a start 
  • Zeitler might be the worst Olineman on the team this year ... and that's tuff to do ...another bad Trade 
  • Evan Engram ...Bust 
  • Hernandez Bust !!!!
  • Garrett was a terrible choice as an Offensive Coordinator 
  • Judge is a very big questionmark right now 
This was absolutely disgraceful !!!!!!!! This team quit !!!!

I hope they dont win another game this year, GettlePuke is  ####canned and the new GM could start with Trevor Lawrence !!!!
He was a much worse head coach. Take it from Cowboy fans, expect years of the Clappa Red collapse.

Watching the Giants attempt to play football is like watching a person who has no idea how to drive stick attempt to change gears.  The grinding noise is basically the Giants soundtrack.

There is just no talent at any position on the entire roster ... Not one player that you could look at and say that guy is clearly top 10 at his position 

It starts at QB; in the last 16 games Daniel Jones has has 16 interceptions and 20 fumbles; not even Eli was ever that bad and he had a worse O-line the last 4 years. You can't sustain a drive if it ends because your QB can't sense pressure at all. It's kind of funny to see the constant posts kill every other Giant player BUT Jones, who is probably the biggest culprit considering he was supposed to be ready immediately.

It starts at QB; in the last 16 games Daniel Jones has has 16 interceptions and 20 fumbles; not even Eli was ever that bad and he had a worse O-line the last 4 years. You can't sustain a drive if it ends because your QB can't sense pressure at all. It's kind of funny to see the constant posts kill every other Giant player BUT Jones, who is probably the biggest culprit considering he was supposed to be ready immediately.
I did say "Jones Sux and is regressing every week"

But you have to cut him some slack ....  he is also eaily leading the team in rushing. In Fact he is out rushing the entire team combined !!!!!!

• 12 for 92  (7.7 avg) - Jones   
  • 41 for 78  (1.9 avg) - Barkley, Lewis, Freeman, Gallman  & Sheppard 
What an amazingly horrible statistic 

As I stated earlier in the thread I wasn’t optimistic about this season so them being 0-3 doesn’t surprise me or make me upset.

<Stephen A. Smith voice> HOWEVA! </Stephen A. Smith voice>

Not being competitive against the 49ers backups at home is just flat out disgusting!

Good grief this organization has zero direction. I sure hope they don't make any dumb trades at the trade deadline this year

Users who are viewing this thread