What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (4 Viewers)

Crazy trade idea from Bill Barnwell

11. New York Giants

Giants get: 1-7 (from DET)
Detroit Lions get: 1-11, 2-42 (from NYG); 2-61, TE Dawson Knox (from BUF)
Buffalo Bills get: TE Evan Engram (from NYG), 5-153 (from DET)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/story/_/id/31286036/nfl-mock-draft-all-trades-2021-bill-barnwell-proposes-deals-all-32-picks-including-jaguars-jets-patriots#7
Giving up two 2nds and Engram to move up 4 spots seems like a lot.  Who would they probably take at 7?

Thta's some seriously dumb #### !

Giants get Pitts and Lose Engram ... which is slightly better than a push 

They lose a 2nd rd pick ... and now have only 4 picks remaining in the draft 3rd, 4th , and 2 x 6th rd picks

Round 1 (No. 7)  
Round 3 (No. 76) 
Round 4 (No. 116) 
Round 6 (No. 196) 
Round 6 (No. 201) 

Or the Giants could draft Waddle or Smith in the first ... An olineman in the 2nd ie Landon Dickerson and keep Engram 

What would you rather have Smith, Dickerson, and Engram or Pitts  

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving up two 2nds and Engram to move up 4 spots seems like a lot.  Who would they probably take at 7?
Has there ever even been a three team trade in the NFL? I guess there probably have been but it’s rare and I surely can’t see it involving draft picks.

Has there ever even been a three team trade in the NFL? I guess there probably have been but it’s rare and I surely can’t see it involving draft picks.
Not many for sure.  One that comes to mind is Bills, Colts and Rams had a trade involving Eric Dickerson and Cornelius Bennett.

Will the Giants & Chargers be draft day trade partners again?

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/4/26/22403791/giants-nfl-draft-rumors-chargers-tweet-then-delete-post-about-draft-trade-with-giants

Apparently the Chargers sent a tweet today (its been deleted) with the following trade.

Chargers get pick #11 - Giants get picks #13 & #77
That would be a weird trade to make now ... not knowing who is going to be available @ 11? Wonder who Chargers would be targeting ?

FWIW

4 Round mock draft after trade could yield the following 

13 - Micah Parsons LB Penn State
42 - Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL)
76 - Walker Little OT/G Stanford
77 - Kendrick Green OG/C Illinois
116  - Bobby Brown DT Texas A&M (or Josh Palmer WR Tennessee)

Defense would be sick 

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21

Wayne Gallman's contract with the 49ers, per source: 1 year, $990K with $137,500 guaranteed. It's a veteran salary benefit contract so it will only cost $850K on the cap.

·

Apr 23

Seems pretty clear that both sides were intent on going their separate ways. From Gallman's perspective, if he's only getting the minimum, makes a lot more sense to go somewhere without a top dog #1 RB in an offense that churns out productive backs.

Booker better be real good on special teams...

EDIT: Also I wanted to share this because I legit did not know this

Brian Safchik @NYSportsFanMan

Replying to @DDuggan21

I'm not advocating for this but fans need to understand that Graham wants to play man on the outside. It's the key to his defense actually which he couldn't do last year. This allows for him to scheme pressure on the QB. Adoree or Bradberry goes down and there goes playing man

10:27 AM · Apr 26, 2021·Twitter Web App
Dan Duggan @DDuggan21 Apr 26

Correct. Flores is from the same tree. They're paying Byron Jones $16.5M/year and Xavien Howard $15M/year and used a first-round pick on a CB last year. The Giants started Ballentine, Lewis and Yiadom at CB last season. Now there's concern about having too many after signing 1?!
This might explain why I'm seeing more and more Jaycee Horn to the Giants.

It's draft day fellow Giants fans! So what is your prediction for the Giants pick at #11?

I'll start it off.

I think we are in for a somewhat of surprise at #11! 

I think the Giants are going to take Jalen Phillips DE Miami.

It's draft day fellow Giants fans! So what is your prediction for the Giants pick at #11?

I'll start it off.

I think we are in for a somewhat of surprise at #11! 

I think the Giants are going to take Jalen Phillips DE Miami.
Gettleman always surprises because he is much smarter than us peasants 

That is a good prediction ... Phillips is probably the best edge rusher in the draft but this is to high for him. If they trade back to 15ish I wouldnt hate this ... but I would take Parsons over him in a heartbeat 

I predict Parsons, Sewell and/or Slater will be available .. and Gettleman will make me smash my remote by passing up all of them for Kwity Paye, Jayce Horne or Rashod Bateman

The only thing I am 100% sure about is me smashing the remote

That is a good prediction ... Phillips is probably the best edge rusher in the draft but this is to high for him. If they trade back to 15ish I wouldnt hate this ... but I would take Parsons over him in a heartbeat 

I predict Parsons, Sewell and/or Slater will be available .. and Gettleman will make me smash my remote by passing up all of them for Kwity Paye, Jayce Horne or Rashod Bateman

Yeah this sounds right. I was going to predict that at least one guy expected to go early in the draft falls to #11, I get really excited, and then Gettleman takes someone that nobody expects to go in the top 15 - maybe not even in the first round.

I think our astute GM is tired of hearing how he never trades in the first round so he's he's going to trade down in the first round,acquire another pick or two and then draft someone later in the first round that could have been available later in the second round.

I think if either Smith or Waddle are there, that's our pick.   Think they prefer Smith.  If neither of them are there - I just have this uneasy feeling Kwity Paye ends up being the pick.  If that's the case hope it's from a slight trade down.   

edit: Alijah Vera-Tucker if the WRs are gone may be in play also

I hope you don't have one of those expensive harmony remotes 🤣

WOW! DG actually traded down.

Traded down 9 spots and got pick #20 & #164 in this draft PLUS the Bears 1st & 4th round picks next year.

They did miss out on Parsons though

Traded down 9 spots and got pick #20 & #164 in this draft PLUS the Bears 1st & 4th round picks next year.

If they wanted Parsons they would have taken him. Didn't think they would - characters issues reported, Gettleman couldn't take the chance after Baker.

It was a great trade untuil they wasted pick 20 on the 5th, 6th maybe 7th best WR in the draft !!! This guy isnt going to see the field this year begind Gollaway, Shepard, Slayton. Engram, Saquan, Rudolph  Ross, ... he's 7th or 8th 

They didnt need a WR and certainly not with a 1st round pick

Yeah this sounds right. I was going to predict that at least one guy expected to go early in the draft falls to #11, I get really excited, and then Gettleman takes someone that nobody expects to go in the top 15 - maybe not even in the first round.
We were both kind of right 

I think our astute GM is tired of hearing how he never trades in the first round so he's he's going to trade down in the first round,acquire another pick or two and then draft someone later in the first round that could have been available later in the second round.
Nailed It !!!!!!

As a long time Giants hater, you guys have all my condolences. 
Why? The trade down was great, Giants have tons of picks to address future possible issues. I wish they went O-Line but this draft was solid. Nothing to be sorry about.

Damn, you totally nailed that.

Overall though a pretty good haul though to move back.  Was just very confused why they didn't take Paye there?

Not in love with the pick but offense sucked last year. Thought trade was great as this team is a few years away and loading up on extra picks is what they need so long as Gettlemen doesn’t mess it up (strong possibility). 

Here is what Jeremiah had to say about Toney prior to the draft (Toney was #23 on Jeremiah's top 50 list)

Toney is a versatile, explosive playmaker. He lines up in the slot and does a lot of damage on fly sweeps and seam routes. His combination of play strength, burst and wiggle makes him difficult to get on the ground once the ball is in his hands. He doesn't run a wide variety of routes, but he has the skill set to develop in that area. He's dangerous in the return game because of his athleticism and lack of fear. Overall, Toney isn't quite as big as Deebo Samuel, but I envision him playing the same role at the next level.

Why? The trade down was great, Giants have tons of picks to address future possible issues. I wish they went O-Line but this draft was solid. Nothing to be sorry about.
The trade was great but as usually Gettleman ####ed it up by A) taking a WR and B)  A WR who could have likely been had in the 2nd round 

PFF had him ranked 8th WR and 39th overall

The trade was great but as usually Gettleman ####ed it up by A) taking a WR and B)  A WR who could have likely been had in the 2nd round 

PFF had him ranked 8th WR and 39th overall
Everyone ranks these players differently, PFF had him 39th Jeremiah had him 23rd 

The Giants were dead set on adding another weapon on offense (finishing ranked in the 30's on offense will do that) 

Everyone ranks these players differently, PFF had him 39th Jeremiah had him 23rd 

The Giants were dead set on adding another weapon on offense (finishing ranked in the 30's on offense will do that) 
I just dont see this guy having a big impact this year with all of the mouths to feed. From what I am reading he is raw and a bad route runner ... that will keep you off the field 

Not in love with the pick but offense sucked last year. Thought trade was great as this team is a few years away and loading up on extra picks is what they need so long as Gettlemen doesn’t mess it up (strong possibility). 
I think the trade was great but then Gettemen made a panic pick since he was likely locked into Smith and wanted to take a WR. On the positive side, Toney does seem like a playmaker who can make an impact on limited touches.

Here are a few projected picks for the Giants in the 2nd round

Sports Illustrated - Wyatt Davis Guard Ohio State

Sporting News - Sam Cosmi OT Texas

CBS - Trevon Moehrig S TCU

Bleacher report – Ronnie Perkins DE Oklahoma

I think the trade was great but then Gettemen made a panic pick since he was likely locked into Smith and wanted to take a WR. On the positive side, Toney does seem like a playmaker who can make an impact on limited touches.
Totally agree he was in panic mode as he wanted Smith.  Just glad the panic didn't happen at 11 and they made the trade.  I would have been jumping for joy if they had picked Paye at 20.  

Users who are viewing this thread