What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (3 Viewers)

That’s why stats can’t tell you the whole story

The interception in the end zone was a horrible decision

Also, he took a sack that he didn’t have to take by missing Booker running wide open across his face

To be fair he has been under a lot of pressure and he did make a couple of nice decisions during the two minute drill.

Speaking of pressure, Von Miller and my guy Bradley Chubb are going to be a huge problem week 1.
That’s what I was wondering.

no Golladay? Engram limped off? 

less than ideal. 

Yeah that INT was vintage Daniel Jones. Brian Baldinger went in on him on NFL Network for that one; there was a group consensus Jones has to be able to consistently make good decisions/decisions that don't destroy his team's drives.

The two-minute drill just cemented what I already thought; when you limit Jones' choices and reads and keep him as a game manager, he can be much more effective. He's not ready to be a "run the show" QB right now, but he could be a good "protect the ball, one read/throw it short, and let our defense win the game" QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I just went back and watched the first part of the game. The Int was brutal. No 2 ways about it. Bad decision, bad throw, bad everything. 

That said, it wasn't all bad. Mixed bag. The TD was nice. There were some good decisions. He didn't fumble. I don't see the sacks as his fault so much as a group effort. QBs get sacked. It happens. So long as the ball doesn't come out, it's just part of the game. I think it feels magnified when the QBs name is Jones, because every sack is "here we go again". 

What's a full game look like here,  70+% completion rate, 280 yards, 2/2, and likely gives y'all 20-40 RuYd to boot?  

It's less than ideal, but it's not terrible either.  And it's still preseason. Hopefully Danny Dimes adds that Int to his "stuff not to do" list.  ✔️

nope. that dog won't hunt 🙂

Dimes will not be in a giants uniform next year, probably won't be the starter for very long, either. but....Shepherd has really good value for a comatose sleeper. looks like he's poised for a bit of a step up in WR rankings.

Yenrub said:
Von Miller and Bradley Chubb are going to have a freaking field day week 1
The Bronco secondary is even better. Who gets the Jones INT in week 1? Surtain, Darby, Fuller, Simmons? 

I noticed that Garrett seemed to use more motion last night than I ever recall him using in the past.

On the 2nd sack given up by Thomas, they went with an empty set with Booker lined up out wide to Jones’ left (there were 3 receivers on that side Booker was initially the farthest outside)

Just prior to the snap, Booker came in motion behind the other 2 WR and had a free release and ran a shallow cross. He beat the defender (Pats were in man coverage) but for some reason Jones didn’t throw it to him and was sacked.

If that was Saquon and Jones actually threw the ball, that would have been a big play. I hope to see that play sometime this season.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Trade: The #Giants are trading BJ Hill to the #Bengals and receiving former first-rounder Billy Price.

link

Jones looked pretty rusty to start the game which make sense since it was his first live action of the preseason. He looked slow and indecisive for the first couple of series and the Int was unacceptable ... horrible decision to throw the ball. 

I understand the frustration with Jones decisions under pressure but again when you are constently under pressure bad decision are bound to be made. The Starting Oline was horrendous ...actually worse then expected. 

I cant understand how Engram always comes up a yard or less short of the 1st down marker or goal line ... it's incredible. If he had put in just a little effort that drive ends on a TD and Jones Ends up with 2 TDs and 0 Ints. That yard is the difference between a good/ok half and a great half 

Regarding the RBs ... Booker looks like the least explosive of the group. I have a feeling Clement is going to be cut in favor of Brightwell Which is a shame becasue aside from Barkley, Clement is the most explosive RB on this team ...but the Giants always make the wrong decisions. Brightwell looks better as a receiver out of the backfield than a runner. Penny looked awesome and ran real hard  ... I hope it's Barkley, Booker and Clement with Penny as the FB/ 4th RB.

Jones looked pretty rusty to start the game which make sense since it was his first live action of the preseason. He looked slow and indecisive for the first couple of series and the Int was unacceptable ... horrible decision to throw the ball. 

I understand the frustration with Jones decisions under pressure but again when you are constently under pressure bad decision are bound to be made. The Starting Oline was horrendous ...actually worse then expected. 

I cant understand how Engram always comes up a yard or less short of the 1st down marker or goal line ... it's incredible. If he had put in just a little effort that drive ends on a TD and Jones Ends up with 2 TDs and 0 Ints. That yard is the difference between a good/ok half and a great half 

Regarding the RBs ... Booker looks like the least explosive of the group. I have a feeling Clement is going to be cut in favor of Brightwell Which is a shame becasue aside from Barkley, Clement is the most explosive RB on this team ...but the Giants always make the wrong decisions. Brightwell looks better as a receiver out of the backfield than a runner. Penny looked awesome and ran real hard  ... I hope it's Barkley, Booker and Clement with Penny as the FB/ 4th RB.
Soooooo it's Engram's fault Jones threw the interception on the goal line?

Maybe a change of scenery will help Price, but I don't like giving up any assets no matter how minor they are, for one of the worst players in the league at his position.

Maybe a change of scenery will help Price, but I don't like giving up any assets no matter how minor they are, for one of the worst players in the league at his position.
Giants have about 5 Oline coaches consultants etc ... This guy was highly touted coming out of Ohio state maybe they can fix him.

He had a decent rookie season ... not sure what happened after that 

OVERALL 55.6 / PASS BLOCKING 66.0 / RUN BLOCKING 57.3

Also as bad as this guys PFF ratings have been ... they are significantly better than Lemieux's 
Overall 32.2 PASS BLOCKING 16.9 ... maybe price or gates move to RG 

Where did you read that?
Oh you didn't come out and say outright but you sure as heck implied it 

As if Engram wasn't putting in the effort to score 

Oh you didn't come out and say outright but you sure as heck implied it 

As if Engram wasn't putting in the effort to score 
Your reading too much into it ...Stop with the BS and focus on football ...This is a Giants football thread contibute with content not BS attacks 

As for Engram he is known for coming up short ... I was at the game yesterday when he came up short of the first down earlier we we laughing our asses off that he was starting that crap again ... When he came up short of the goaline ... I couldnt believe my eyes.   

Regarding Price ... his best season came as a rookie where he started all 10 games @ Center.

He had a PFF pass blocking score of 66 that year which is pretty good  ... which would have been 2nd only to Zeitlers 68.7 last year 

The next 2 seasons he played primarily G ... 3 games only 1 start at Center last year 

So hopefully they can make something out of this ...worst case it's deperately needed  depth 

BJ Hill wasn't going to get paid by us next year, comp pick or Billy Price? I don't know.   Not a lot of confidence in our front office in identifying offensive line talent, draft/fa/trade.

side note: JPP trade netted us BJ Hill and Kyle Lauletta.   

BJ Hill wasn't going to get paid by us next year, comp pick or Billy Price? I don't know.   Not a lot of confidence in our front office in identifying offensive line talent, draft/fa/trade.

side note: JPP trade netted us BJ Hill and Kyle Lauletta.   
Jeezuz ... Gettleman has really been unbelievably bad ... It'sactually hard to be as bad as he's been! 

From the Edge (formally Rotoworld):

MATT PEARTT, NEW YORK GIANTS

NJ.com reports the Giants' offensive line has "had a rough camp overall." 

Per beat writer Zack Rosenblatt, "Thursday might’ve been one of their worst days." Rosenblatt believes the "time to sound the alarm for the Giants offensive line has already came and went." Rosenblatt singled out RT Matt Peart as someone who got absolutely dominated by the Patriots in joint practices. Neither Peart nor LT Andrew Thomas covered themselves in glory last season, and the G-Men did little to address what was one of the league's very worst lines. It is something to remember when drafting Saquon Barkley or superflexing Daniel Jones. 

Did a professional reporter really write that?  Do they even have editors?

:wall:

Good link for Giants up to date cuts 

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/8/30/22648671/new-york-giants-roster-cuts-tracker-nfl-news-rumors-trades-updates-more

So Far 

1. David Sills 
  2. Chad Slade 
  3. Niko Lalos
  4. Madre Harper 
  5. Griffin Stewart
  6. Matt Cole  
  7. Brian Lewerke
  8. Corey Clement
  9. Damion Willis 
  10. Austin Mack
  11. Alex Bachman
  12. Devonte Downs
  13. Jonotthan Harrison
  14. Kenny Wiggins
  15. Jake Burton
  16. Brett Heggie
  17. Willie Henry
  18. Ifeadi Odenigbo
  19. Jackson Barton
  20. Jordyn Peters
  21. Jake Hausmann
  22. Chris Johnson
  23. Ted Larsen
  24. Ryan Anderson
  25. David Moa
  26. Elijah Qualls
  27. Casey Kreiter [Waived with reported plan to re-sign him]

link

Ralph Vacchiano

"Multiple agents now have told me they've heard from the Giants about an O-line client they have who was cut today ... So there certainly is an expectation, at least, the Giants will be active on the waiver wire at that position and over the next week."

Good old Dave going dumpster diving for OL help.

link

Ralph Vacchiano

"Multiple agents now have told me they've heard from the Giants about an O-line client they have who was cut today ... So there certainly is an expectation, at least, the Giants will be active on the waiver wire at that position and over the next week."

Yeah but when your Oline Roster is a Dumpster ...one mans trash could be another mans treasure

There are plenti o guys waived so far that are better than what the Giants currently have 

WRs look set if they plan to go with 7 

1. Kenny Golladay
  2. Darius Slayton
  3. Sterling Shepard
  4. Kadarius Toney
  5. John Ross
  6. Dante Pettis
  7. C.J. Board

Oline currently 8 ... Larson will likely be replaced by a signing 

1. Andrew Thomas (T)
  2. Shane Lemieux (G)
  3. Nick Gates (C/G) 
  4. Will Hernandez (G) 
  5. Matt Peart (T) 
  6. Nate Solder (T) 
  7. Billy Price (C/G) 
  8. Ben Bredeson (G) 

link

Ralph Vacchiano

This is one of the reasons I didn't like the trade for Price, as minor as it was.  I would rather have any draft capital they could get for Hill, even if it's comp pick, and sign free agents to be backups on the o-line.  I doubt Price is better than some players who are going to be available after cuts.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Trade: Ravens are sending former Michigan guard Ben Bredeson to the Giants, per source.

link
I dont get this one ... After trading for Price I dont think the giants need another G ... I wonder if Lemieux is more injured then they originally thought.

Giants now have 9 Olinemen (Maybe Larson gets waived) 6 of them are G/Center types and only 3 Tackles 

I dont get this one ... After trading for Price I dont think the giants need another G ... I wonder if Lemieux is more injured then they originally thought.

Giants now have 9 Olinemen (Maybe Larson gets waived) 6 of them are G/Center types and only 3 Tackles 
think this may be the case

think this may be the case

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Trade: Ravens are sending former Michigan guard Ben Bredeson to the Giants, per source.

link
Giants sending a 2022 fourth-round pick to Baltimore, and the Ravens are sending back Bredeson, a 2022 fifth-round pick and a 2023 seventh-round pick.

Unless this guy ends up starting at LG ... this was another dumb Gettleman trade ... Gettleman really values his 6th and 7th round picks !

appears he made the 53, along with another FB Cullen Gilaspia
I have a feeling tha they are going to have to waive  Gilaspia and 1 of either Dante Pettis or John Ross in order to bring back Kreiter and add another TE. I dont see who else can go unless there is an injury

@DDuggan21

Giants left guard Shane Lemieux has a partially torn patellar tendon, per sources. Lemieux has missed two stretches of practices during camp. He participated in today’s walk-through and the plan is for him to try to play through the injury without surgery.

@DDuggan21

Giants left guard Shane Lemieux has a partially torn patellar tendon, per sources. Lemieux has missed two stretches of practices during camp. He participated in today’s walk-through and the plan is for him to try to play through the injury without surgery.
OOF... the hits keep on coming

@DDuggan21

This sux for Lemieux but I have to be honest I think either one of the two guys they just traded for, Price or Bredeson, are better options than Lemieux when healthy,  never mide with a partially torn petella tendon. I'd rather they IL him and bring in a veteran another lineman like OT Tyrell Crosby or C Matt Skura

@DDuggan21

So the plan is to let a guy who had a PFF grade in the 30's if I recall properly play through a torn patellar?

Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

*checks cut list*

HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?

At cornerback, James Bradberry, Adoree’ Jackson, Darnay Holmes, Rodarius Williams and Keion Crossen were locks. It was expected the Giants would carry one more corner, but they instead kept Sam Beal and Josh Jackson.

Beal making the team is the biggest upset of the summer. He appeared in only six games in three seasons after being a third-round pick in the 2018 supplemental draft. He entered camp as an afterthought, but he stayed healthy and quietly improved. Health issues likely had an impact on the overload of corners, as Adoree’ Jackson sprained his ankle last week and Josh Jackson has been sidelined since injuring his calf in his first practice with the Giants on Aug. 19. Third-round pick Aaron Robinson (core) remains on the physically unable to perform list, so the rookie will miss at least the first six weeks of the season.

Can someone explain why the Giants seem to have a hard on for Nate Ebner? 
Because they cant replace his 6 special teams tackles ... If he didnt make them no one else would and all of them would have resulted in TDs !! 

The hard on for Lemeiux is getting a little a weird 

Holy crap I just looked at Ebners salary last year ... They paid him $2M for his 6 special teams tackles ...LOL! WTF??? 

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
The Giants claimed LBs Justin Hilliard (SF) and Quincy Roche (Miami) and WR Collin Johnson (Jax). 

No Giants players were claimed.

Jordan Raanan

"Lots of roster shuffling expected today. Expect them to be active on waiver wire and free agency. #Giants have been looking at TEs. Also, still offensive line. Several players on current 53 heading to IR."   :sadbanana:

link

Users who are viewing this thread