What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (1 Viewer)

Agree 100%. They needed to be aggressive there. Maybe go play-action on 1st down.
Even if you are being conservative, how about anything other than Barkley up the middle. He got tackled so fast that it used almost no time on the clock, on both first and second downs. If they ran him almost any other way they'd have gotten past the 2-minute warning and left less clock for WFT.

Easy to blame a bad call,and it was a bad call,but I'll state the obvious. Too many mistakes. The offside,Slayton's butter hands,not attacking the end zone after Bradbury's terrific interception. Didn't expect a Super Bowl this year,but it'd be nice to stay in contention after Thanksgiving. 15 games still to play. The O-line played pretty well,that's a tough front 7 they faced. Jones played his usual great game against TWFT,now he needs to do that against EVERY OTHER TEAM. Barkley looked better,and on short rest to boot.
Yeah but the WTF made to many mistakes as well including missing the field goal. The Giants were winning the game and were penalized for being to perfect is what some people are saying. Dexter timed it perfectly which made him look offsides. Which to me is BS ... if it's that close you dont  make the call in that situation ... It could happen 20 times during the game and not get called but in that situation with game on the line it sux to have the Refs decide the game.

He missed the kick ... Did they deserve to win? Whats worse is the little ##### barely hit the rekick 

For the record....been confirmed by NFL that it was a penalty...so lets put that part to bed and focus on the real reasons for the loss...

At the bye week:

2017: 1-6

2018: 1-7

2019: 2-8

2020: 3-7

2021... i see 1 or 2 maybe wins before the bye (atlanta- week 3, carolina- week 7).   

so tired of it being over so early.

edit: but at least we get to root against the bears, so we got that going for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinkin Ref said:
For the record....been confirmed by NFL that it was a penalty...so lets put that part to bed and focus on the real reasons for the loss...
Of Course it was penalty ... That's what was called and that's not going to change but it was a bad call. It sucks that they lost because of it ... the outcome was out of the Giants hands and in the hands of the Refs ... 

𝗟𝗮𝘄𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗧𝘆𝗻𝗲𝘀

@lt4kicks

Just confirmed with a Giants source that Dexter Lawrence was NOT offsides (coaches film). The referees missed it and the Giants will get the obligatory phone call from the head of officials saying, sorry we missed it.

https://twitter.com/lt4kicks/status/1438968942215712769

Here's the best view it's like the center pulls dexter on a string 

https://twitter.com/AlexWilsonESM/status/1438915840930455552

Giants first-round pick Kadarius Toney vents frustration with role on team after loss to Washington

Toney posted an Instagram story that showed frustration with his place on the Giants

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-first-round-pick-kadarius-toney-vents-frustration-with-role-on-team-after-loss-to-washington/

Great Pick Gettleman !!!!!!! You are a great judge of character !!!!!

This guy should be put on Warning and sent to the practice Squad ! 
Well he’s definitely not going to win a spelling bee.  Judging by his IG post, apparently someone else wrote his English Composition papers in school.

Smart move by Golloday to switch up his story to make the target someone all NFL fans universally hate. While Danny Jones definitely has his fair share of critics, there is nobody who gets less respect than the Clapper. 

And for the Clapper himself, I’m sure he wasn’t fazed by it. It was probably kid stuff compared to his typical Sunday post game meetings with Jerruh. 

Timmay said:
You think the squeaky wheel gets the grease in Golladay this week against the Falcons? 
I think so but keep an eye on the injury report. He was listed as limited in practice today (hip) 

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

#Giants OL Shane Lemieux underwent surgery today to repair his patellar tendon, the injury he attempted to play through. He’s out for the rest of 2021.

BTW Golladay didn't switch up his story; the camera shot was bad so you couldn't see Garrett off-frame.

*reads about PFF giving Daniel Jones Offensive Player of the Week for Week 2*

That's right up there with 2020 Pro Bowler Evan Engram

Speaking of Engram... if he's running like this yesterday I'd think he has a good chance of playing on Sunday. ATL LBs aren't great at covering people and this team needs all the weapons they can get so Jones can overthrow them. ;)

BTW Golladay didn't switch up his story; the camera shot was bad so you couldn't see Garrett off-frame.

*reads about PFF giving Daniel Jones Offensive Player of the Week for Week 2*

That's right up there with 2020 Pro Bowler Evan Engram

Speaking of Engram... if he's running like this yesterday I'd think he has a good chance of playing on Sunday. ATL LBs aren't great at covering people and this team needs all the weapons they can get so Jones can overthrow them. ;)
looking forward to the tip pick engram provides far too often.

Ralph Vacchiano
@RVacchianoSNY

Giants C Nick Gates is still in a DC hospital and needs another procedure on his leg.

Asked if this injury could be career-ending, Giants coach Joe Judge said “I’d be lying if I said no.”

Barkley isn't on the injury report this week.  I hope he starts playing like everyone expected rather than the Barkley we've seen last year (before he got injured) and the start of this season.  

Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN

Some Giants Falcons nuggets:

Kenny Golladay: expect reduced snaps, per WRs coach

Evan Engram: season debut, should help on 3rd downs (Shepard had 7 3rd down targets Week 2)

Jabrill Peppers: wasn’t in a great mood Friday. Not sure if his role is reduced in this game plan again

10:14 AM · Sep 26, 2021
https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1442130497472245764

also

Ray Czaja Jr @rayczajajr · 26m

Right. Only NYG personnel would say “Shep has been awesome at third downs but we need to get droppy mcbutter fingers more involved on third downs.”
Droppy McButterfingers :lol:

Barkley isn't on the injury report this week.  I hope he starts playing like everyone expected rather than the Barkley we've seen last year (before he got injured) and the start of this season.  
Devontae Booker is inactive.  

@RVacchianoSNY
There was no late injury or illness for Giants RB Devontae Booker, I'm told. It was just a coach's decision to make him inactive.

The Giants had advantages in total yards, first downs and time of possession, yet still managed to lose the football game.

Watching other teams come up with creative plays on offense then watching the Giants less than creative offense makes we sad. I thought this was a copy cat league. Can't Garrett copy some of the creative plays. I'm not talking about trick plays either, as an example take a look at the Packers 1st TD against SF on Sunday night football.

There was a play on Thursday night football that the Panthers ran for CMC that I think the Giants should steal and run for Saquon.

Shotgun formation with a trips bunch set to the left. The RB is to the right of the QB.

All 3 WR ran crossing or drag routes from left side to the right side.

The RB took a jab step to his right then ran a simple flat route to the left side of the formation.

The defense was in man, the LB trying to cover the RB got caught in the wash of all the bodies (WR/DB) running from left to right.

"The home team was booed off the field at halftime, trailing 7-6 to a bad Falcons team. Co-owner John Mara was booed, lustily, when he stood behind the microphone and announced Manning’s induction into the Ring of Honor and the retiring of Manning’s No. 10 jersey. Early in the third quarter, tight end Evan Engram — who lost the ball on a fumble late in the second quarter, playing for the first time this season — was actually cheered when he trotted off the field as he was subbed out."  

link

Giants middle linebacker Blake Martinez has a torn ACL, per sources. He will miss the remainder of the season. Martinez's streak of 140+ tackles in four straight years ends. A huge loss for the Giants. Martinez was the defensive signal-caller and a captain.

link

Rubi said:
And I'll be in Tampa week after the bye on a Monday Night 🤢
That bye week will give Garrett an xtra week to plan Barkley up the middle on 1st down and short curl routes to the WRs and Evan Engram. I will also give Patrick Graham an extra week to plan how to stop the offense in a short field after Engram fumbles

Falcons defense was last in the NFL in points allowed (80) afterallowing 32 and 48 pts in their first 2 games 

Mara needs to fire Gettlepuke immediately and take it upon himself to fire Garrett if Judge is not willing to do it himself. It would solve some problems and send a message to Judge that he's on thin Ice. 

If nothing is done after this disgraceful performance the Giants are basically telling the fans to go #### themselves and if that is the case the fans  should boycott the next home game. Tailgate if you'd like but do not go into the stadium .

We have become the laughing stock of the NFL and Gettlepuke has put this team in a position to fail for the next 3 years !

Jordan Raanan

@JordanRaanan
LG Ben Bredeson suffered a hand injury Sunday vs. Falcons that could force him to miss time, per sources. That explains, in part, why Giants signed G Wes Martin off Washington practice said yesterday. 

It’s possible #Giants start their 4th left guard in four games b/c of injury.

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
Giants worked out Isaiah Wilson, Kameron Canaday, Tommy Champion, Omari Cobb, Anthony Gordon, Sam Jones, Isaiah Kaufusi, Kyle Nelson, Riley Ridley, Drew Scott, Isaiah Wright

former 1st round pick, lot of issues.  brooklyn native

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
Giants worked out Isaiah Wilson, Kameron Canaday, Tommy Champion, Omari Cobb, Anthony Gordon, Sam Jones, Isaiah Kaufusi, Kyle Nelson, Riley Ridley, Drew Scott, Isaiah Wright

They drafted Baker and Toney ...I'd certainly take a chance on Isaiah Wilson. If it works out it could be a game changer ...and if not they suck anyway ... Nothing to lose 

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL

I just realized Wilson was the RT across from Thomas @ Georgia. He was the 5th OT taken in that Draft behind the big 4  and Austin Jackson who went pick 18 and he is almost the size of Mekhi Becton. I really want them to give him a shot 

I just realized Wilson was the RT across from Thomas @ Georgia. He was the 5th OT taken in that Draft behind the big 4  and Austin Jackson who went pick 18 and he is almost the size of Mekhi Becton. I really want them to give him a shot 
Pat Leonard

@PLeonardNYDN

"Just saw Isaiah Wilson walk back into the #Giants’ facility this morning after yesterday’s workout, I’m pretty sure. Is NYG really going to sign him?? I won’t believe it til I see it. Not advisable."

link

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Sounds like Giants are working out details and trending toward signing OL Isaiah Wilson to the practice squad, source confirms.

New York native to get a second (third?) chance on OL needy team after not working out in Tennessee and Miami.

They drafted Baker and Toney ...I'd certainly take a chance on Isaiah Wilson. If it works out it could be a game changer ...and if not they suck anyway ... Nothing to lose 
so... let's compare Wilson and Baker/Toney

Isaiah Wilson:

1) Contracted COVID-19 in July and missed mandatory camp

2) arrested for DUI September 2020 and had been given a trespass warning previously.

3) Contracted COVID-19 again and missed more time. Mind you, this is still September 2020 

4) Suspended for violating team rules Week 13, then placed on the Reserve/Non-football illness list 4 days later for "personal issues" early December 2020

5) Two months later (February 2021) posted on Twitter he's done with the Titans and deleted it

6) Signed with the Miami Dophins March 2021. He was late for his physical, on-boarding process and skipped voluntary workouts. He also "refused team efforts to help him to get his life on track" and was waived TWO WEEKS later.

7) Back in January 2021 as a Titan Wilson was arrested at gunpoint and charged with myriad violations, including "fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer for a felony offense; speeding in a construction zone; reckless driving; marijuana possession of less than one ounce; possession and use of drug-related objects; and reckless conduct," according to Glennon. Wilson told a police officer “that he had past experiences with law enforcement recently and he was scared,” according to the police report. Wilson was released the next day on $7,000 bond.

This dude is in his own league; comparing him to Toney and Baker is ludicrous.

so... let's compare Wilson and Baker/Toney

Isaiah Wilson:

1) Contracted COVID-19 in July and missed mandatory camp

2) arrested for DUI September 2020

3) Contracted COVID-19 again and missed more time. Mind you, this is still September 2020 

4) Suspended for violating team rules Week 13, then placed on the Reserve/Non-football illness list 4 days later for "personal issues" early December 2020

5) Two months later (February 2021) posted on Twitter he's done with the Titans and deleted it

6) Signed with the Miami Dophins March 2021. He was late for his physical, on-boarding process and skipped voluntary workouts. He also "refused team efforts to help him to get his life on track" and was waived TWO WEEKS later.

7) Back in January 2021 as a Titan Wilson was arrested at gunpoint and charged with myriad violations, including "fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer for a felony offense; speeding in a construction zone; reckless driving; marijuana possession of less than one ounce; possession and use of drug-related objects; and reckless conduct," according to Glennon. Wilson told a police officer “that he had past experiences with law enforcement recently and he was scared,” according to the police report. Wilson was released the next day on $7,000 bond.

This dude is in his own league; comparing him to Toney and Baker is ludicrous.
Hmmm Let's see ... How much draft capital did they give up for each 

Baker - Pick # 30 -  Giants traded their second-round pick at No. 37, a fourth-rounder (No. 132) and a fifth-round pick (No. 142) with the Seahawks for No. 30 overall. - Baker robbed everyone in a party at Gunpoint 

Toney - Pick# 20 - The Giants in desperate need of an Olineman select gadget WR Kadarius Toney AKA Yung Joka who had previous Gun Charges (AR-15) ... He has since been nothing but a problem for the Giants and has contributed next to nothing on the field 

Wilson - Giants in desperate need of an Olineman - Give up NOTHING - ZERO for a 1st Round talent! If he works out ...Great if he doesnt ...who cares?

So CBS Sportsline is projecting The Giants to have the 4th and 5th pick in next years draft. Personally I would go with the first or second and the 5th,depending on how the tiebreaker works out between The Jets and Giants for #1. That's something to be positive about...right? Of course if dynamite Dave is still GM he'll draft a wide receiver from The SEC and a cornerback from The PAC 10. Then sign 14 offensive linemen that were let go from the final cut down list. But then the former COWBOYS coach will work his magic and all will be well. I thought about putting the trainwreck emoji here but decided against it. I'm going to look for one of The Titanic sinking. Somebody talk me down from the ledge.

2017 - Gettleman “we've got to fix the O-line, let's be honest. Let's not kid each other. Big men allow you to compete, and that's what we've got to fix.”

2021 -  Gettleman “It's really apparent that we have a little more confidence in our offensive linemen than you guys (the media) do."

🤮

Hmmm Let's see ... How much draft capital did they give up for each 

Baker - Pick # 30 -  Giants traded their second-round pick at No. 37, a fourth-rounder (No. 132) and a fifth-round pick (No. 142) with the Seahawks for No. 30 overall. - Baker robbed everyone in a party at Gunpoint 

Toney - Pick# 20 - The Giants in desperate need of an Olineman select gadget WR Kadarius Toney AKA Yung Joka who had previous Gun Charges (AR-15) ... He has since been nothing but a problem for the Giants and has contributed next to nothing on the field 

Wilson - Giants in desperate need of an Olineman - Give up NOTHING - ZERO for a 1st Round talent! If he works out ...Great if he doesnt ...who cares?
Ray Charles could see from his grave why the Giants are bringing this guy in. The OL is bad.

Which is why its so maddening that they didn’t bother to draft one offensive lineman. Why not take a flyer or Trey Smith in the 6th round?

As to the "who cares" on Wilson, the Giants front office pretends to care about character ...when it suits them

Ray Charles could see from his grave why the Giants are bringing this guy in. The OL is bad.

Which is why its so maddening that they didn’t bother to draft one offensive lineman. Why not take a flyer or Trey Smith in the 6th round?

As to the "who cares" on Wilson, the Giants front office pretends to care about character ...when it suits them
Remember in the mid-late 90s Giants signed every dude regardless of character (Jason Peters, Kerry Collins, drafted Shockey)? Or when Gettleman talked about "Hog Mollies", didn't draft any in 2021 and said "we like our line more than you guys"? OOF.

Wilson has faceplanted every step of the way in the NFL and to go to a coach like Joe Judge, who literally retired 2 offensive lineman in the spring... this feels like a bad end coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread