What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (3 Viewers)

Yenrub said:
For this trade to work out for the Giants, Peppers and the 17th pick BOTH MUST be GREAT and the 3rd round pick needs to be good.
I dunno ... Giants 25-34 with Odell  and 0-1 in the playoffs ... i dont think they'll be any worse without him 

I dunno ... Giants 25-34 with Odell  and 0-1 in the playoffs ... i dont think they'll be any worse without him 
The Giants record in games without Odell since he was drafted is 6 wins – 15 losses which is a winning % of .285.

Their record in games with him is 25-34 which is a winning % of .423.

They never had a good OL to go with Odell. They seem like they are putting together a nice line. It would have been nice to see what they could have done with a nice line, OBJ and Saquon.

What is going on with Peppers and the Cleveland police?
ABC Cleveland reports the NFL's investigation into Jabrill Peppers does not involve Peppers as the suspect in a crime.

ABC Cleveland's initial reporting proved to be misleading. Peppers had a gun stolen by a woman who later turned up dead. Peppers is not a suspect. The NFL appears to merely be doing its due diligence into a frightening situation. The league has thus far declined comment on the matter.
On a side note, Peppers needs to report/register his guns, NY does not play around with unregistered weapons (Plaxico Burres/Raymond Felton).

What is going on with Peppers and the Cleveland police?
Its an old story from awhile back.  

The NFL asked the CPD to provide information on the case is all.

NFL requests info from Cleveland police involving Giants' Jabrill Peppers Police said the safety is not a suspect in any incident

The NFL requested two reports from Cleveland Police last week for information involving Giants safety Jabrill Peppers, 

----------------------------------------------------

Clickbait but it says in the headline that it was the NFL asking for info and had nothing to do with the incident that took place awhile back.

Nothing to see here. :coffee:

Offseason workouts started today. Reports are that only 1 player was not there.

Sterling Shepard signed and extension and Coleman signed his tender 

This looks like a soft schedule. Can you imagine a 4-0 start after this debacle of an offseason? It’s not likely, but possible in the range of outcomes. 

2019 New York Giants schedule

Week 1, Sept 8

At Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m.

Week 2, Sept. 15

Vs. Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m.

Week 3, Sept. 22

At Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:05 p.m. 

Week 4, Sept. 29

Vs. Washington Redskins, 1 p.m.

Week 5, Oct. 6

Vs. Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m.

Week 6, Oct. 10 (Thursday night)

At New England Patriots, 8:20 p.m.

Week 7, Oct. 20

Vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1 p.m.

Week 8, Oct. 27

At Detroit Lions, 1 p.m.

Week 9, Nov. 4  (Monday night)

Vs. Dallas Cowboys, 8:15 p.m.

Week 10, Nov. 10

At NEW YORK JETS, 1 p.m.

Week 11, Nov. 17

BYE

Week 12, Nov. 24

At Chicago Bears, 1 p.m.

Week 13, Dec. 1

Vs. Green Bay Packers, 1 p.m.

Week 14, Dec. 9 (Monday night)

At Philadelphia Eagles, 8:15 p.m.

Week 15, Dec. 15

Vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m.

Week 16, Dec. 22

At Washington Redskins, 1 p.m.

Week 17, Dec. 29

Vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m.

(Rotoworld) Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports that one team has Duke's Daniel Jones rated as the top quarterback in this year's draft.

Analysis: Robinson didn't explicitly name the team, though he dropped a huge hint by offering, "y'all know exactly who that team is." To quote the immortal Michael Scott, "no god, no!" If Robinson is referring to the team we think he is (hint: they share a stadium with the Jets in East Rutherford), this would be a colossal mistake. We've questioned Dave Gettleman's tactics in the past, but choosing Jones over Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock and Kyler Murray would represent a new low for the embattled GM. Jones displayed tremendous toughness at Duke and has reportedly wowed teams in interviews, but he's simply not of the same caliber as the trio of Haskins, Luck and Murray. Selecting Jones at 17th overall would make a bit more sense for the Giants, but nabbing him at No. 6 would be a monumental blunder.

Gettleman has said in the past you can't have enough D-linemen and edge rushers. Here's my 2 cents. He goes best available edge rusher at #6 then doubles down and takes best available edge rusher at #17. Then swings a trade that will include a few of the later draft picks and takes Jones before the Pats get a chance at him. HUGE upgrade on Defense and a QB on the first night of the draft. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gettleman has said in the past you can't have enough D-linemen and edge rushers. Here's my 2 cents. He goes best available edge rusher at #6 then doubles down and takes best available edge rusher at #17. Then swings a trade that will include a few of the later draft picks and takes Jones before the Pats get a chance at him. HUGE upgrade on Defense and a QB on the first night of the draft. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Been thinking the same thing ....here is my ideal draft scenario

• Josh Allen Drops to 6 - if not Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat 
  • Jeffery Simmons at 17 - Potentially the best player in the draft (Pre-College off field issues cause him to drop)  
  • Trade up to take Jones if available ... if not stay put and take 1 of the top WRs .... AJ Brown or N'keal Harry or Deebo Samuel

• Jeffery Simmons at 17 - Potentially the best player in the draft (Pre-College off field issues cause him to drop)  
  • Trade up to take Jones if available ... if not stay put and take 1 of the top WRs .... AJ Brown or N'keal Harry or Deebo Samuel
Like this also. :headbang:

As a Giants fan, all I can say is if someone trades up and nabs Haskins before #6, nothing you can do.

If Haskins is at #6 and you want to play the game and hope he drops to #17, that's a dangerous game but eh... you get your pass rusher/lineman.

DON'T TAKE DANIEL JONES. Dude doesn't have the arm strength to survive in MetLife in November/Decemeber. I'm fine with Lock but don't take Jones.

As a Giants fan, all I can say is if someone trades up and nabs Haskins before #6, nothing you can do.

If Haskins is at #6 and you want to play the game and hope he drops to #17, that's a dangerous game but eh... you get your pass rusher/lineman.

DON'T TAKE DANIEL JONES. Dude doesn't have the arm strength to survive in MetLife in November/Decemeber. I'm fine with Lock but don't take Jones.
😬

Ouch

shadyridr said:
Probably the worst GM in football
and tops it off with Jones saying how impressed he was with Shurmer. Man oh man, you guys seem to be in for some long years. Poor Barkley

Giants selected Duke QB Daniel Jones with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

It certainly makes sense for the Giants to add a quarterback at No. 6, but picking this one this high is another questionable decision in an offseason full of them. Jones (6’5/221) turned pro after making 36 starts for David Cutcliffe’s Blue Devils, managing a 17-19 career record as a 59.9% passer at just 6.4 yards per attempt with a 52:29 TD-to-INT ratio. Jones did show plus mobility with 17 career rushing TDs and a 4.81 forty in Indy, also acing the Wonderlic Test (37). Jones’ poor supporting cast was partly to blame for his poor college efficiency, but he struggles with passes batted down at the line of scrimmage, is much more of a touch than power thrower, and routinely took far too long to get the ball out at Duke. Although Jones looks the part and offers pro-style experience, he is likelier to max out as a low-end starter/high-end backup in the Ryan Tannehill mold. On the "bright side," Jones is unlikely to push Eli Manning for the starting job during training camp.
RYAN ####### TANNEHILL

GOOD ONE, GOD!

They passed on better QBs last year (Darnold and Allen) to draft a stud rb and could have even traded for another guy who went in the same range in rosen for even a 2nd. Instead they did this. Horrible

Lots of talking heads said he would NOT be there so if they really wanted him they had to take him or trade down a few spots 
They know those talking heads have to have a verified tag on Twitter, right? Also when they have the "Not" tag in front of their name on Twitter, it's not really that guy, right?

Josh Allen falls to them at 6 and they pass on him for Daniel freaking Jones. It's like they aren't even interested in winning. 

Sure lets trade away one of the best WR's in the league, lets bypass one of the best pass rushers in the draft [when out pass rush is one of the worst in the league] and use the #6 pick on a project QB.

Oh well they saved me the cost of Sunday ticket this season because of this pick

Yeah I don’t get the pick either.  Just crazy as giants desperately needed pressure on qb and pass on Allen and Oliver..  

If Haskins actually is available at 17... fire Gettleman right now. This move is a job definer as much as trading OBJ is. They have 12 picks they could restock the team with, YOU COULD NOT STRIKE OUT ON ANY OF THE FIRST ROUNDERS.

Giants could have taken defense at 6 then trade up from 17 to leap frog Washington.
THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT HE MIGHT DO! That or pick pass rusher at #6 and then if he loved Jones so much, pick him at #17 (still didn't like that).

What is the thought process that leads you to taking Daniel Jones at 6 when you have no pass rush and Josh Allen falls in your lap?

I'm pissed at myself for actually giving a crap about what they do

If Haskins actually is available at 17... fire Gettleman right now. This move is a job definer as much as trading OBJ is. They have 12 picks they could restock the team with, YOU COULD NOT STRIKE OUT ON ANY OF THE FIRST ROUNDERS.

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT HE MIGHT DO! That or pick pass rusher at #6 and then if he loved Jones so much, pick him at #17 (still didn't like that).
That’s what i don’t get because lock and Haskins were projected higher

so, you grab jones at 6 to sit behind 23mill eli for a year?  if you want to do that, then why not force eli to take a pay cut?

Users who are viewing this thread