What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (5 Viewers)

It's good to see Jones starting to improve.
At the very least he's starting to learn how to feel pressure; you're not seeing the sacks were he's standing in the pocket like he has all day and he gets hit. Even if the decision is to crumple and get sacked he's not killing the drive with stupid turnovers, which is key. Garrett is also having him bootleg/option more, which I love because his running ability is his best asset.

The Florida state attorney dropped all armed robbery charges against former Giants CB DeAndre Baker. 

The charges against Baker were dropped after an attorney representing three of the alleged victims of the armed robbery by Baker was arrested on extortion charges related to the case, according to the Broward County sheriff. The attorney, William Dean, "wanted Baker to pay each of his clients more than $266,000, and, in exchange, the victims ... would either stop cooperating with prosecutors ... or change their initial sworn statements to police," according to the Sheriff's Office. The Giants traded up to select Baker with the No. 30 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. It's uncertain if Baker will find his way back into the league. He could still face disciplinary action from the NFL. 

- Ralph Vacchiano
huhn... so Giants should re-sign him right?

It's good to see Jones starting to improve.
I would take Jones over Wentz any day. Wentz is Terrible ! I know Kelce hasn't been snapping good ... but it's not like those snaps arent bouncing in front ogf him or sailing over his head.  They are hitting Wentz in the hands and he drops every one of them ... also his  accuracy is horrible. He's got a great line, and great running game and lots of weapons ... he just flat out sux!   

PFF

Daniel Jones is the Giants highest graded player from yesterday’s game with an 84.2 overall. That’s Jones’ highest game grade of his career as he continues to shred from clean pockets. When kept clean, Jones went 18 for 18 with a 93.1 passing grade

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually with a bye next week , Pheagles at Cleveland and Boys at Minnesota,week 11 is potentially very profitable. imop :banned:
Yeah the bye week is huge right now with Zeitler in protocol. I imagine Judge could come up with a great game plan and preparation with 2 weeks to plan for the Bengals 

Former Giants CB DeAndre Baker had all his charges dropped in Florida court on Monday, per an official release from Broward County Courthouse. 

Back in mid-May, Miramar (Fla.) authorities issued a warrant for Baker and two others on multiple counts of armed robbery and aggravated assault after allegedly taking jewelry and cash from four victims during a party while using a firearm. But now, three of the four sworn statements against Baker have been recanted, and Broward County Courthouse is saying that witnesses are being uncooperative. 

On top of that, William Dean, the lawyer for the alleged victims that recanted their statements, was arrested on Monday for extortion "related to soliciting a cash payout on behalf of the three men in exchange for altered testimony."

"The alleged victims and the known witnesses have become uncooperative and their credibility is inalterably tarnished. The State moved to have one witness held in contempt of court for refusing to answer questions and the defendant's attorney moved to have one of the listed victims help in contempt of court for failing to appear for deposition," the statement read.

The Giants placed Baker on the commissioner's exempt list on July 27, and he appealed his placement on July 28. Baker withdrew the appeal Aug. 7 amid an official charge of those four counts.

With the charges dropped, Baker's attorney, Patrick G. Patel, told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano that getting back into the NFL is the main goal.

"DeAndre is excited," Patel said. "He can’t wait to get back in the NFL, get off the exempt list and get rolling. There’s no reason this shouldn’t happen right away because this kid's been the victim from the jump."

Patel added that Baker has been working out in Florida, and he heard the news about the charges getting dropped while at the gym.

A Sept. 2 report by SNY's Ralph Vacchiano revealed that Baker expected to be released by the Giants. Six days later, Baker was waived.

I would take Jones over Wentz any day. Wentz is Terrible ! I know Kelce hasn't been snapping good ... but it's not like those snaps arent bouncing in front ogf him or sailing over his head.  They are hitting Wentz in the hands and he drops every one of them ... also his  accuracy is horrible. He's got a great line, and great running game and lots of weapons ... he just flat out sux!   

PFF

Daniel Jones is the Giants highest graded player from yesterday’s game with an 84.2 overall. That’s Jones’ highest game grade of his career as he continues to shred from clean pockets. When kept clean, Jones went 18 for 18 with a 93.1 passing grade
Eagles line has actually been pretty bad this year because of all their injuries. But it doesn’t explain the whole story of why Wentz has been as bad as he has. 

The Baker news. What do you guys make of it? I'm having trouble reading between the lines. The attorney can say that he was the "victim from the jump," but there seems to be a bunch of evidence against him with respect to witness tampering.

Anyone following more in-depth?  Sounds like sketchy people all around.

The Baker news. What do you guys make of it? I'm having trouble reading between the lines. The attorney can say that he was the "victim from the jump," but there seems to be a bunch of evidence against him with respect to witness tampering.

Anyone following more in-depth?  Sounds like sketchy people all around.
Whether he is guilty or not ... He's clearly not a great guy and hangs out with a ####ty crowd. But all charges have been dropped so you cant convict the guy and he cant be kicked out of the league. He's very lucky and hopefully he is smart enough to answer the wake-up call and take advantage of an unbelievable 2nd chance. 

Also he and his agent should be on the phone with the Giants begging for a 2nd chance at a heavily discounted price and the opprotunity to turn things around. If he doesnt give the Giants the first opportunity to pay them back and immediately starts looking for another big payday ... then he is a piece of garbage character who will eventually be in the same position  

Whether he is guilty or not ... He's clearly not a great guy and hangs out with a ####ty crowd. But all charges have been dropped so you cant convict the guy and he cant be kicked out of the league. He's very lucky and hopefully he is smart enough to answer the wake-up call and take advantage of an unbelievable 2nd chance. 

Also he and his agent should be on the phone with the Giants begging for a 2nd chance at a heavily discounted price and the opprotunity to turn things around 
I agree. I also agree that he's extraordinarily lucky and should take the wake-up call. He was almost in jail for armed robbery, which is going to come with a heck of sentence, presumably. Guy had to be staring at 10-life (edited: I looked it up) at one point.

Also he and his agent should be on the phone with the Giants begging for a 2nd chance at a heavily discounted price and the opprotunity to turn things around. If he doesnt give the Giants the first opportunity to pay them back and immediately starts looking for another big payday ... then he is a piece of garbage character who will eventually be in the same position  
Or he can easily go play with his friend Quinton Dunbar in Seattle. Bottom Line, Giants bailed on him early in the process and he rightfully should feel somewhat betrayed.

Or he can easily go play with his friend Quinton Dunbar in Seattle. Bottom Line, Giants bailed on him early in the process and he rightfully should feel somewhat betrayed.
Somewhat betrayed by the team that traded 3 picks to move up and make him a higher paid 1st round pick??? 

He rewarded them with a bad attitude, bad play,  bad character and a lost season ... Any team would have done the same , he knows it, his agent knows it  and if he wants to save face a rehab his character,  reaching out to the Giants at a discount is the right thing to do 

Somewhat betrayed by the team that traded 3 picks to move up and make him a higher paid 1st round pick??? 

He rewarded them with a bad attitude, bad play,  bad character and a lost season ... Any team would have done the same-
Seahawks let the process play out with Quinton Dunbar.

Wait what? You think his agent should be on the phone with the Giants?

I’m guessing that the Giants are #32 on Baker’s list of NFL teams to play for right now.

The team didn’t stand by him and they cut bait on him when they didn’t have to.

I believe he was already on the commissioners exempt list, they could have left him there and said we are going to let the legal system run its course.

Wait what? You think his agent should be on the phone with the Giants?

I’m guessing that the Giants are #32 on Baker’s list of NFL teams to play for right now.

The team didn’t stand by him and they cut bait on him when they didn’t have to.

I believe he was already on the commissioners exempt list, they could have left him there and said we are going to let the legal system run its course.
If they left him on the exempt list ... they would have had no case to recoupe the money that theyve paid him.

What kind of person would think  like that ... They let me go because I was out partying , gambling and performing armed robbery ... Screw them 

A person of character would say ... this team had faith in me ... traded 3 picks to move into the 1st rd for me paid me tons of money and I ####ed them over.  Now I want to repay them in good faith and save my career 

If they left him on the exempt list ... they would have had no case to recoupe the money that theyve paid him.

What kind of person would think  like that ... They let me go because I was out partying , gambling and performing armed robbery ... Screw them 

A person of character would say ... this team had faith in me ... traded 3 picks to move into the 1st rd for me paid me tons of money and I ####ed them over.  Now I want to repay them in good faith and save my career 
HE DIDN'T PERFORM THE ROBBERY!!! He can save his career with a team that believed in him.

Per reports that I have seen Baker has always maintained that he was innocent

So his point of view is probably more like, they let me go because I was out partying and ACCUSED of performing a robbery.

Also just because the Giants traded up to get him doesn’t mean he OWES them anything.

He worked hard enough to earn a scholarship to UGA, he worked hard enough while at UGA to get drafted high. If you look at that draft at worst, he was going to be drafted in the 2nd round.

1 - Per reports that I have seen Baker has always maintained that he was innocent

So his point of view is probably more like, they let me go because I was out partying and ACCUSED of performing a robbery.

2 - Also just because the Giants traded up to get him doesn’t mean he OWES them anything.

3 -He worked hard enough to earn a scholarship to UGA, he worked hard enough while at UGA to get drafted high. If you look at that draft at worst, he was going to be drafted in the 2nd round.
1 - Of course 

2 - Technically he doesnt owe them anything. I guess that goes for any drafted player but that's a character issue that will resurface.  Albert Haynesworth did not feel that he owed the Redskins anything 

3 - I agree he was blessed with football talent 

1 - Of course 

2 - Technically he doesnt owe them anything. I guess that goes for any drafted player but that's a character issue that will resurface.  Albert Haynesworth did not feel that he owed the Redskins anything 

3 - I agree he was blessed with football talent 
What character issue? How does not wanting to play for a team that didn't support you show a lack of character?

Intellectually I still want the tank

But I will say, I respect what Judge has done so much, I can't in good conscious root for it now, go win the damn division. 

They've all kept playing so hard they deserve success

Playoffs or not, I am cautiously please with what I am seeing. The improvements are obvious. The OLine is finally doing something productive. It seems like years since they've even approached "Not completely Crappy". There are legit holes now and legit pockets. There is light years of improvement from where they were at the start of the season.  And the defense is holding up on their end too. I just hope this continues. If they remain competitive in the games they have left, playoffs or otherwise, the season will be a success. 

I just re-watched the shortcuts version of the game.

I like how the OL is improving and creating some running space for Gallman.

I have always liked Gallman, the kid is doing a good job with this opportunity. I know Saquon is a much better back than Gallman, but I hope Saquon is learning to hit the holes and take what’s there instead of always trying to hit the home run so to speak.

Garrett has been doing a good job with the offense lately, but I would like to see him sprinkle in a screen or two into the mix.

Garrett has been doing a good job with the offense lately, but I would like to see him sprinkle in a screen or two into the mix.
Not sure Jones can throw it. We saw what Eli could do with Saquon screens; Jones has criminally underutilized his RBs in that department.

Not sure Jones can throw it. We saw what Eli could do with Saquon screens; Jones has criminally underutilized his RBs in that department.
True. The Giants don't throw to their RB's all that often especially since Saquon went down. I think the RB's have combined for less than 5 catches per game. 

Surprisingly to me, Paul Schwartz from the NY Post says that Baker would love to return to the Giants. Other beat writers make it seem like there is no chance of that happening however.

Just because the charges were dropped in this case, doesn't mean he's innocent.  It sounds like the Giants may think he's lucky to get off for this reason and doesn't deserve another chance, at least with the team.  if they believed he was innocent they probably would have let the legal process play out or at least would be willing to resign him and give him another chance now.

Xavier McKinney is back at practice. Its looking like he will make his season debut this week. I'm looking forward to watching him play

Once again I like what I see out of Gallman. He runs hard and doesn't seem to go down on 1st contact.

It's starting to look like Jason Garrett is understanding how to use Evan Engram. 

7 minutes ago, Yenrub said:It's starting to look like Jason Garrett is understanding how to use Evan Engram. 
I was happy with Engram’s performance, but I am concerned that McCoy may not be able to get the ball to him. Without Jones, I think Engram has peaked for this season, and it goes downhill from here. 

Engram is frustrating as hell though. So inconsistent and too many boneheaded plays.

Even when he makes a nice play he always seems to come up just short of the goal line or 1st down marker. He should have scored on that bomb down to the 5 yard line ... for some reason he was reaching back to the defender rather than turning on the jets ... we were saying it as it happened and then the announcers reiterated the same thing. Then that fumble was terrible after a nice catch ... He makes some nice blocks and then totally misses a block at the goal line.

I want to like him but he should be better than he is  

Do you guys really want them to win the division?  I don't think I'd like being known as the team that won the division with 6 wins.

Engram is frustrating as hell though. So inconsistent and too many boneheaded plays.

Even when he makes a nice play he always seems to come up just short of the goal line or 1st down marker. He should have scored on that bomb down to the 5 yard line ... for some reason he was reaching back to the defender rather than turning on the jets ... we were saying it as it happened and then the announcers reiterated the same thing. Then that fumble was terrible after a nice catch ... He makes some nice blocks and then totally misses a block at the goal line.

I want to like him but he should be better than he is  
I agree that looking back was a bad idea, if he just keeps running without looking back he probably scores.

I can’t get too mad about that fumble. He was off balance and diving for more yards, the DB just made a better play punching the ball out.

Users who are viewing this thread