What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (4 Viewers)

Yenrub said:
They definitely should have left DJ on the bench for another week, he wasn’t 100%.

DJ has to read the defense much quicker, he seems to get locked in on his first read and/or the front side of the play for too long.

The defense held up as long as they could but the offense never helped out.
DJ is done is far as I'm concerned. Injured or not ... his fumbles were unacceptable and that should be the last straw. Gaints were a much better team with Colt McCoy last week and Jones gave the Giants no chance to win this week. 

Gettleman has ####ed up every opportunity to solve the QB problem.  We should have passed on a QB in 2019 because the prospects sucked after Murray and we should have drafted Herbert or Tua this past season 

Pick this one apart anyway you want. I'm enjoying it for what it was. A win on the road against a "better" team. The lines on both sides of the ball DOMINATED this one.

After 0-5 and a discussion about whether The Giants should draft Trevor Lawrence this is SWEET! Judge is Da Man. Given the covid situation,the fly by the seat of their

pants nature of the preseason,new coach,new staff,a lot of young players,I'm lighting up a big fat Cohiba today and enjoying wherever this ride takes us! Hopefully

things get back to "normal" next season,Gettleman asks Judge what he needs in the offseason,suddenly the NEAR future is looking a whole lot brighter.

And a side note,hoping Martinez is o.k. The guy is a tackling machine! Playoffs!? Playoffs!?  :headbang:
O.K. so the ride lasted a week. I still enjoyed that Cohiba😪

From Rotoworld:

Giants OC Jason Garrett tested positive for COVID-19.

Garrett will continue working remotely throughout the weekend, leaving tight ends coach (and former Browns head coach) Freddie Kitchens to instead call plays against his former team Sunday night. Kitchens was respectable as a play-caller before taking on too much of the organization's load as head coach the following year, but he's clearly strapped with an uphill battle out the gate since Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) is not expected to play. Needless to say, the Browns' D/ST will be one of the best options for the second round of the fantasy playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rappaport:    The Giants are placing CB James Bradberry on the reserve/COVID-19 list, sources tell me and Mike Garafolo. One of the top corners in the league this year will miss Sunday’s game against the Browns.       

monk said:
Jones, Bradberry and possibly Engram out sunday night 
Add Darnay Holmes as out and Kaden Smith as questionable.   Our CB and TE are a mess.

Our secondary is looking like Yiadom, Logan Ryan and either Julian Love/Jarren Williams at CB  and Peppers/Mckinney as safeties.

Cleveland put up 42 last week, it's taken our last 3 games combined to score 43.

This should go well.

I have no issue with Ryan playing a lot of CB, but Yiadom and Love at CB worry me. Yiadom can get so undisciplined and Love has a lot of Engram in him; he'll make a great read and then whiff on a tackle.

Poor coaching decisions not taking the points early in the game. Passing on the FG’s took ‘game pressure’ off Mayfield and the Browns.

Poor coaching decisions not taking the points early in the game. Passing on the FG’s took ‘game pressure’ off Mayfield and the Browns.
This is what bothered me more than anything. You have to make Mayfield feel pressure so maybe he'll start making bad decisions, and Giants kept letting him off the hook.

This is what bothered me more than anything. You have to make Mayfield feel pressure so maybe he'll start making bad decisions, and Giants kept letting him off the hook.
The whole “I felt we needed a lot of points to compete” angle doesn’t make any sense to me at all.

The defense is top 10 in terms of points allowed per game. They held the “red hot” Browns who scored 40 in their last 2 games to 20 points last night.

Put the damn points on the board when you have the opportunity.

Per Rapoport - Logan Ryan 3 year deal

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

A very Merry Christmas for star DB @RealLoganRyan and the #Giants as they agree to a 3-year deal for $31M with $20M guaranteed, source said. Ryan bet on himself taking a 1-year deal with the @Giants and it pays off big time.

10 or more losses in 6 of the last 7 seasons.       Lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball.      Laugh or cry, but this will be the best record we've had under Gettleman.    

10 or more losses in 6 of the last 7 seasons.       Lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball.      Laugh or cry, but this will be the best record we've had under Gettleman.    
If Washington continues to wet the bed against Carolina, are the Giants still alive for the division?

Thanks. Um go Dallas? 

I think I threw up in mouth a little 
How to win NFC East for each team: 

WAS: WAS beat CAR OR WAS beat PHI (DAL-PHI, NYG-DAL irrelevant)

NYG: CAR beat WAS + DAL beat PHI + NYG beat DAL + PHI beat WAS

DAL: DAL beat PHI + DAL beat NYG + CAR beat WAS + PHI beat WAS

PHI: PHI beat DAL + CAR beat WAS + PHI beat WAS (NYG-DAL irrelevant) 

Week 17 - kind of absurd

"Here's what is at stake for the Giants in Week 17: with a loss and wins from other teams, they could pick as high as 3rd overall in the 2021 NFL draft. With a win and a Washington loss, the Giants would win the NFC East. Incredible."

These are the teams that would have to win coupled with a Giants loss to move up to #3.     I'd guess we will be picking 7, 8 or 19.

#3 Houston vs Titans
#4 Atlanta vs Bucs
#5 Bengals vs Ravens
#6 Eagles vs Wash
#7 Detroit vs Vikings

So...

Based on the schedule the situation could have the Giants in the scenario where a loss wraps up a top 5 pick (2 games - Houston and Philly - happen later so yes they can go as high as 3).

My question to you guys is say the other games are over at 1pm and Atlanta, Detroit and Cincy all have won do you...

Want the Giants to win and have a chance at the postseason? 

Want the Giants to get that top 5 picks playoffs be danged.

I'll hang up and listen.

-QG

So...

Based on the schedule the situation could have the Giants in the scenario where a loss wraps up a top 5 pick (2 games - Houston and Philly - happen later so yes they can go as high as 3).

My question to you guys is say the other games are over at 1pm and Atlanta, Detroit and Cincy all have won do you...

Want the Giants to win and have a chance at the postseason? 

Want the Giants to get that top 5 picks playoffs be danged.

I'll hang up and listen.

-QG
It's a win-win for me. If they win and get in it's a surprise bonus playoff week in an otherwise lousy year.

If they lose and get a top 5 pick it's a great chance to build on what so far looks like an improving team with a coach who given the circumstances this year

looks like he will be successful.

I'll take Dwayne Haskins, want to see what he could do in an organization with structure and coaching a.k.a Joe Judge. Rehab his value, get him on the right track and then flip him for a decent draft pick.

wow Washington released Haskins?

Gotta say points to Gettleman for taking Jones against the grain.

-QG
Considering Jones has been exceedingly mediocre that's not a compliment. You don't get points for passing up a turd sandwich when you buy a burger with a dead roach in it.

I'll take Dwayne Haskins, want to see what he could do in an organization with structure and coaching a.k.a Joe Judge. Rehab his value, get him on the right track and then flip him for a decent draft pick.

Considering Jones has been exceedingly mediocre that's not a compliment. You don't get points for passing up a turd sandwich when you buy a burger with a dead roach in it.
Well ... You were a huge Haskins backer but come on? time to admit that Jones is a much better player and pick than Haskins and move on 

Way to completely miss the point. I just commented I'd take a chance on Haskins going by the model that a team should draft another QB early every 2-3 years (based on the rookie QB year/salary structure) until you're sure you have the guy you want (and you can take the hit in the first 3 rounds). It's going to work well with Philly because even the QB that loses the battle could be flipped for a good pick (presumably Wentz); Giants should be looking for an opportunity cost with Haskins, who basically needed to redshirt a year with a organization that gives a ####. It's all about creating and leveraging assets for future gain.

Giants used to do this all the time in the 90s btw, remember Jason Peters and Kerry Collins? They were really good at hitting the jackpot with rehabilitation projects.

Way to completely miss the point. I just commented I'd take a chance on Haskins going by the model that a team should draft another QB early every 2-3 years (based on the rookie QB year/salary structure) until you're sure you have the guy you want (and you can take the hit in the first 3 rounds). It's going to work well with Philly because even the QB that loses the battle could be flipped for a good pick (presumably Wentz); Giants should be looking for an opportunity cost with Haskins, who basically needed to redshirt a year with a organization that gives a ####. It's all about creating and leveraging assets for future gain.

Giants used to do this all the time in the 90s btw, remember Jason Peters and Kerry Collins? They were really good at hitting the jackpot with rehabilitation projects.
Wentz was possibly the worst QB in the NFL this season and has a huge contract ... Hurtz had one good game ..hes not the answer either

go back and look through the thread and see my track record ... i'll sum it up for you..

2018 Draft - my ranking and if I would have drafted them 

1. Mayfield  - Yes
  2. Josh Allen - Yes (but not at pick 2) 
  3. Lamar Jackson - Yes  (round 2)  
  4. Darnold - No Absolutely not 
  5. Josh Rosen - Hell No 
2019 Draft - my ranking and if I would have drafted them ... Murray was the Only QB that I would have drafted in 2019 ...I actually wanted to sign Tannehill (and got flamed for it) and wait until 2020 or 2021 for Trevor 

1. Kyler Murray - Yes 
  2. Daniel Jones - Yes but Not with the 1st pick in the 1st but after that 
  3. Drew Lock - After round 2 
  4. Dwayne Haskins - Hellll No !!!
2020 Draft ... We should have been taking our QB here 

1. Justin Herbert - Absolutely ...had been following him for Years and I even suggested taking him or Tua with our pick to force the Phins/Chargers  to trade up or keep him 
  2. Tua  - Yes ... but the Injuries did have me concerned 
  3. Joe Burrow - Yes 
2021 Draft 

1. Trevor - Helllll Yesss !
  2. as of know it's ... No to the rest 

Looks like we will be drafting 11th,  perhaps 5 teams looking at qb ahead of us - jax, jets, atlanta, detroit, carolina.  I don't think 5qbs will go in the top 10 though. 

Probably miss out on Chase or Smith at WR unfortunately.    Will most likely have to sign a WR (Golladay, A. Rob, Corey Davis) and pick one up on day 2.  They can't go into next year with the same crew...even with THE Dante Pettis.    Think Tate gets cut, awful signing there Gettleman.  

I've seen Pitts (TE florida) mentioned a few times in mocks "faster than linebackers, bigger than safeties...matchup nightmare"-- thats what we heard with our probowl TE...  

Hoping Surtain gets to us but I think Dallas will take him.    

1. Jax  -
  2. Jets -
  3. Miami -
  4. Atlanta - 
  5. Cincy - 
  6. Philly - 
  7. Detroit - 
  8. Carolina - 
  9. Denver - 
  10. Dallas - 
  11. NYG -

The three biggest needs for this team appear to be pass rusher, corner back and wide receiver. The order is debatable.

Which one of those three needs are they likely to fill with the #11 pick?

It will be interesting to see what the Giants do with their own free agents. Specifically, Williams and Tomlinson. I hope they figure out a way to bring them both back

I would really prefer a defensive player with the 1st round pick.  They need CB and pass rush help more than anything IMO.  I also wouldn't mind an o-lineman like Slater if he's available, but I think someone like Farley, Surtain or Paye could be considered BPA at 11 so need and BPA would match up at that point, which I like.

I think the Giants should float out the possibility of shipping Engram if they're serious about Pitts, Kaden Smith did a solid job as a #2 TE and Levine Toilolo too as the 3rd TE. Depending on vaccine rollouts there a slight chance we actually get a Combine this year and it'll be interesting to see who the risers will be considering we got a largely truncated college football season and scouting has taken a huge hit with the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see what the Giants do with their own free agents. Specifically, Williams and Tomlinson. I hope they figure out a way to bring them both back
They have no choice but to bring Williams back, it's Tomlinson that worries me more. A lot of what Williams has been able to do is related to Tomlinson and Lawrence and vice versa. Lose those guys and Williams may revert to a "gets close but never finishes" player he was on the Jets.

I would really prefer a defensive player with the 1st round pick.  They need CB and pass rush help more than anything IMO.  I also wouldn't mind an o-lineman like Slater if he's available, but I think someone like Farley, Surtain or Paye could be considered BPA at 11 so need and BPA would match up at that point, which I like.
I wonder how getting Sam Beal back will affect the Giants prioritization of the CB position. 

I think the Giants should float out the possibility of shipping Engram if they're serious about Pitts, Kaden Smith did a solid job as a #2 TE and Levine Toilolo too as the 3rd TE. Depending on vaccine rollouts there a slight chance we actually get a Combine this year and it'll be interesting to see who the risers will be considering we got a largely truncated college football season and scouting has taken a huge hit with the pandemic.

They have no choice but to bring Williams back, it's Tomlinson that worries me more. A lot of what Williams has been able to do is related to Tomlinson and Lawrence and vice versa. Lose those guys and Williams may revert to a "gets close but never finishes" player he was on the Jets.
I agree with dumping Engram and targeting Pitts. Watched all his games this year. He passes the eye test and just looks like he has IT.

Move on from Tate,there are better WR's in free agency this year.

Yenrub said:
I wonder how getting Sam Beal back will affect the Giants prioritization of the CB position. 
Oh my GOD I forgot Sam Beal even existed... I need to research what happened to him *checks Google*

Wow I forgot he opted out. I remember him being really good as a run-stopper but cannot remember him in coverage.

Yenrub said:
IMO you don't pass on a potential shut down CB if that's what they think Surtain or one of them will be.  I don't think Beal is proven enough to be much of a factor to change that, but also Ryan is 30 (in a month) so they need to think about the long term at that position anyway.  Plus, considering most teams play at least 3 WRs most of the time, it's important to have quality depth at the position.

Users who are viewing this thread