Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Infinite New York football Giants thread

17 hours ago, monk said:

Ok The Giant RBs were great you convinced me ... Thats why the Giants were last in the NFL in RB rushing yds and their QB was the 2nd leading rusher and lead them team in Yds per carry.   Oh and none of the RBs were receiving threats but other than that there yds per carry were ok 

Just did some research... Giants were 29th in passing and 19th in rushing for the season.  Kind of goes against your theory here.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the worst GM in football

Great news both for Saquon and Jones.

13 hours ago, monk said:

Yeah anything is possible ... But Locks WRs , RBs, and oline ranked higher than the Giants.  He had some good weapons and an Elite LT and the #1 ranked WR in the 2020 draft but still ranked as one of the worst QBs in the league ... so there is that

Other players being worse isn't a sign that Jones is good.

8 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Just did some research... Giants were 29th in passing and 19th in rushing for the season.  Kind of goes against your theory here.

Not at all ... I said the WRs , TES, Oline and Offensive Coordinator Sucked! of course the passing yards and rushing yards sucked.

Also over 400 of those rushing Yards were Jones ..add that to QB performance and remove it from RB performance and we are dead last in the NFL in rushing 

8 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Other players being worse isn't a sign that Jones is good.

That's some logic.

So maybe Mahomes and Rodgers aren't good afterall ... everyone else is just worse then them.

43 minutes ago, monk said:

Not at all ... I said the WRs , TES, Oline and Offensive Coordinator Sucked! of course the passing yards and rushing yards sucked.

Also over 400 of those rushing Yards were Jones ..add that to QB performance and remove it from RB performance and we are dead last in the NFL in rushing 

I'm sure if you removed the Giants QB rushing stats (and WR) from the team rushing stats while NOT removing QB and WR rushing stats from other teams rushing stats, the Giants would be dead last in rushing.

26 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I'm sure if you removed the Giants QB rushing stats (and WR) from the team rushing stats while NOT removing QB and WR rushing stats from other teams rushing stats, the Giants would be dead last in rushing.

How much of an impact do you really think that will have on the rankings? maybe 3-4 spots ... Once again youve convinced me that the Giants have grat RBs 

2 hours ago, monk said:

How much of an impact do you really think that will have on the rankings? maybe 3-4 spots ... Once again youve convinced me that the Giants have grat RBs 

Yep 3 or 4 sounds about right. Once again I never wrote that they were great.

No one on the offense was great

• Like 2

So, what do we think about Will Hernandez...2nd round pick in the Barkley draft.     Snap count WAY down after week 7, coinciding with his Covid.     Are we looking at a bust of a pick here or can he turn it around?         

We could have taken Quenton Nelson at #2 and Nick Chubb at #34, hindsight yeah...but I think I'd prefer those two than the Barkley/Hernandez combo that year.

Edited by kodycutter
17 hours ago, Yenrub said:

Yep 3 or 4 sounds about right. Once again I never wrote that they were great.

No one on the offense was great

Nope ... but Jones was the lone bright spot 

7 hours ago, kodycutter said:

So, what do we think about Will Hernandez...2nd round pick in the Barkley draft.     Snap count WAY down after week 7, coinciding with his Covid.     Are we looking at a bust of a pick here or can he turn it around?         

We could have taken Quenton Nelson at #2 and Nick Chubb at #34, hindsight yeah...but I think I'd prefer those two than the Barkley/Hernandez combo that year.

I think it is safe to say that Hernandez is a bust at this point. He's gotten worse every season and now has been beaten out by Shane Lemieux who pff has rated as the worst Gaurd in the NFL 84th out of 84 G's

7 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Nelson is the best guard in the league and one of the best offensive linemen in general.  I'd rather have him alone over Barkley and Hernandez.  IMO Hernandez is a bust and is one of the main reasons why the o-line as a whole hasn't been good.  He hasn't played well, but they invested in him so they stuck with him anyway.  I'm not surprised that a new head coach who has no investment in him basically benched him mid-season.

2 hours ago, JAK Straw said:

I've seen some discussion that they may try and use Hernandez at RG, should they cut Zeitler for salary cap purposes.

Yikes !!! Based on this season ... Hernandez and Lemieux would very likely rank as the worst Guard combo in the NFL 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, monk said:

Yikes !!! Based on this season ... Hernandez and Lemieux would very likely rank as the worst Guard combo in the NFL 

Yeah that would be a terrible combo. They should try to restructure Zeitler's contract in an effort to lower his number. Hernandez is nothing more than a back up at this point. 

• Like 1

Giants are a just couple of moves away from being contenders 

On Offense

They should restructure Zeitlers contract and they should do the same with Solder, assuming he still wants to play. The Giants owe Solder a lot of money whether he plays for them or not so I would rather try to restructure what is owed to him and bring down the cap figure rather than paying him to retire and still having to pay a chump like Fleming who sucked. Solder might benefit from the switch to RT or could be the swing tackle behind Thomas and Peart if he is able to win the job. Thomas and Gates should improve in their 2nd season at the positions, Veterans Solder and Zeitler, Hernandez fighting for his NFL life vs Lemeuix, and Peart in hiis 2nd season as the swing tackle should be an improvement over last year without even adding a player

Saquan coming back will immediately improve the offense particularly the running game. 

Jones in his piviotal 3rd season could hopefully put it all together after cutting down on turnovers and starting to do a better job reading defenses and progression much better the 2nd half of the season 

On Defense 

Xavier Mckinney will be like getting a free 1st rd pick since he wasn't available for most of tthe season. When he did play Mckinney was the Giants highest rated saftey. Signing Logan Ryan gives them 3 solid Safties with Peppers, Mckinney and Ryan allowing Love to move back too his natural position CB 

Beal, I know is not much,  but at least he could compete at Corner with Julian Love who actually rated pretty good as his natural position of CB  and could also provide some depth and compettiion. 

All this without even making a move yet.  Now  ... Add the following 

On Offense

There is real talk that Zack Ertz will not be back with the Eagle. If that is the case the Giants need to be all in on him! You get an all pro in Line TE who has been just a notch below Kelce and Kittle as the best all around TEs in the league. Ertz , Kaden Smith and Engram (despite his difficiencies) would give you the best TE group in the NFL

Allen Robinson ... could become a free agent as well ... One of the best WRs in the NFL when it comes to contested catches ... this would solve possiblly the Giants biggest weaknes at WR. 

On Defense

Just retaining the players that they have would be a good start

With their first pick take a defensive game changer ... One of Micah Parsons , Surtain or the Top edge Rusher, whoever that may be, should be available.

Edited by monk
6 hours ago, monk said:

On Offense

They should restructure Zeitlers contract and they should do the same with Solder, assuming he still wants to play. The Giants owe Solder a lot of money whether he plays for them or not so I would rather try to restructure what is owed to him and bring down the cap figure rather than paying him to retire and still having to pay a chump like Fleming who sucked. Solder might benefit from the switch to RT or could be the swing tackle behind Thomas and Peart if he is able to win the job. Thomas and Gates should improve in their 2nd season at the positions, Veterans Solder and Zeitler, Hernandez fighting for his NFL life vs Lemeuix, and Peart in hiis 2nd season as the swing tackle should be an improvement over last year without even adding a player

Saquan coming back will immediately improve the offense particularly the running game. 

Jones in his piviotal 3rd season could hopefully put it all together after cutting down on turnovers and starting to do a better job reading defenses and progression much better the 2nd half of the season 

On Defense 

Xavier Mckinney will be like getting a free 1st rd pick since he wasn't available for most of tthe season. When he did play Mckinney was the Giants highest rated saftey. Signing Logan Ryan gives them 3 solid Safties with Peppers, Mckinney and Ryan allowing Love to move back too his natural position CB 

Beal, I know is not much,  but at least he could compete at Corner with Julian Love who actually rated pretty good as his natural position of CB  and could also provide some depth and compettiion. 

On Offense

There is real talk that Zack Ertz will not be back with the Eagle. If that is the case the Giants need to be all in on him! You get an all pro in Line TE who has been just a notch below Kelce and Kittle as the best all around TEs in the league. Ertz , Kaden Smith and Engram (despite his difficiencies) would give you the best TE group in the NFL

Allen Robinson ... could become a free agent as well ... One of the best WRs in the NFL when it comes to contested catches ... this would solve possiblly the Giants biggest weaknes at WR. 

On Defense

Just retaining the players that they have would be a good start

With their first pick take a defensive game changer ... One of Micah Parsons , Surtain or the Top edge Rusher, whoever that may be, should be available.

I would love to have Allen Robinson but where are the Giants going to get the money? He is likely a 20M per season guy. According to spotrac the Giants are 2M over the 2021 cap right now. Plus they need to take care of L.Williams & D. Tomlinson. Then there is the potential Saquon extension. 

The front office is going to have to get creative

• Like 1
On 1/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, monk said:

On Defense 

I wouldn't count on Beal being on the Giants in 2021.  

Giants message board I frequent- evidently one of the Giants inside beat writers stated in a podcast that "Beal did some things that made him persona non grata to the current coaching staff even before Beal opted out of the 2020 season."

No idea what these things are...but with the Baker drama - that was a great opportunity for this kid to run with it...but he opted out.

Since it's looking more likely that the July training camps will run (No "voluntary" OTAs) I'd expect to see everyone get a fair shake in camp. Lord knows there will be a lot of position battles at CB, backup RB, 3rd WR, OG/etc. to watch, and of course how Jones does as it will be his first legit post-rookie year camp. It's after that where you can usually begin to properly evaluate a young QB; he's had the ups and downs of a rookie year (two for Jones), now he can take what he learned and adjust to improve his game.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, Yenrub said:

I would love to have Allen Robinson but where are the Giants going to get the money? He is likely a 20M per season guy. According to spotrac the Giants are 2M over the 2021 cap right now. Plus they need to take care of L.Williams & D. Tomlinson. Then there is the potential Saquon extension. 

The front office is going to have to get creative

How are they even in cap trouble with a qb on a rookie deal?  Woof.