Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Infinite New York football Giants thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news both for Saquon and Jones.

Probably the worst GM in football

Ogletree seems to be a guy who has a reputation with fans around the league that far exceeds what people who watch him closely see. I think it's because for such a long time, he was included among the

On 2/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, Yenrub said:

Good article about the Giants upcoming decision with Dalvin Tomlinson 

https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/giants-dalvin-tomlinson-decision-will-speak-volumes/

"In December 2008, the Giants gave Webster, a reliable cornerback, a five-year contract extension. In the next 10 drafts, the Giants’ second round pick did not receive a multiyear contract extension. "

Big reason why we are where we are....   crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Nate Solder intends to play in 2021

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30968530/new-york-giants-nate-solder-intends-play-2021-opting-last-season

He is scheduled to make 10M in 2021 and count 16.5M against the salary cap

was hoping he'd retire, but who walks from that much $.       i'd put that as gettleman's worst move, even with a bunch to choose from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yenrub said:

Nate Solder intends to play in 2021

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30968530/new-york-giants-nate-solder-intends-play-2021-opting-last-season

He is scheduled to make 10M in 2021 and count 16.5M against the salary cap

I'd like to have Solder back and playing RT for 1 year while Peart gets a little more experience ... The Need to Replace Cam Flemming who was making $4M ... I'm pretty Sure Solder would be better than Fleming 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monk said:

I'd like to have Solder back and playing RT for 1 year while Peart gets a little more experience ... The Need to Replace Cam Flemming who was making $4M ... I'm pretty Sure Solder would be better than Fleming 

 

Soldier at RT for 1 year at 16.5mm cap hit?     👎

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Soldier at RT for 1 year at 16.5mm cap hit?     👎

I agree with this! In a vacuum I think Solder would be a better option at RT than Flemming, even with Solder having to switch sides. But I don’t think he would be four times better.

The Giants front office is going to have to get creative with the cap.

Quick question did Matt Peart play any guard last season? I know the Giants did a lot of moving players around but don’t recall if Peart played guard at all. I get that it wouldn’t be an ideal spot for a guy that big, I’m just curious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I agree with this! In a vacuum I think Solder would be a better option at RT than Flemming, even with Solder having to switch sides. But I don’t think he would be four times better.

The Giants front office is going to have to get creative with the cap.

Quick question did Matt Peart play any guard last season? I know the Giants did a lot of moving players around but don’t recall if Peart played guard at all. I get that it wouldn’t be an ideal spot for a guy that big, I’m just curious.

I dont think Peart ever rotated in at guard.  not positive but i don't recall him doing that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Giant cut Solder his dead cap is $10.5mm. If they keep him he costs $16.5mm. So the decision isn't Solder for $16.5mm, its Solder playing RT for an additional $6mm. Not saying they should keep him at that price, just that the money they gain by cutting him isn't $16.5mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants might get rid off Zeitler and Soldier... there are a lot of offensive lineman that will be on the market. Andrew Norwell (the guy Giants wanted before they signed Solder), Trai Turner and other are available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yenrub said:

Interesting. I thought he was gone but Giants like him as a blocker (mountain of a man) and he does good work as a 3rd TE in the jumbo sets. He really did work against Seattle if I remember, when Giants neutralized Jamal Adams by going 3 TE and just playing smashmouth football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants released Zeitler.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Giants are releasing veteran guard Kevin Zeitler, clearing nearly $10 million in cap space. Even in a tough free agent market, Zeitler will be in demand considering how well he played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very surprised he got cut. Giants cap issues must be worse than I thought... starting to wonder if the Giants can even afford to go after Golladay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, JAK Straw said:

I've seen some discussion that they may try and use Hernandez at RG, should they cut Zeitler for salary cap purposes.

And here we are. Looks scary but they had little choice after using the tag on Williams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JAK Straw said:

And here we are. Looks scary but they had little choice after using the tag on Williams.

Unfortunately I think the Giants are going to have to draft an olineman in the 1st round 

Hernandez has been a bust, Lemiuex was a disaster and we wont have a proven RT. C and LT are still ?

Rashawn Slater is a beast that could play T or G 

PFF has him Ranked as the 12th bst player in the draft 

Slater allowed all of five pressures back in 2019 before opting out in 2020. At only 6-foot-3, he may get stuck inside, but we think he's more than athletic enough to hang on the edge.

 

Edited by monk
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

How DG and the Giants ended up in cap hell

Article by Ralph Vacchiano 

 

I can remember when people were trying to convince me that DG was going to fix the Giants cap issues. There weren't really any issues to fix but I was told DG was going to fix them.

He's the worst GM in the league IMO.  I hated the hire and he's done nothing at all to change my opinion.  It should amaze me that he still has a job, but Mara only hires friends and friends of friends so it's not surprising.  IMO the real problem starts with the trust fund baby.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rapoport: sounds like Tomlinson will be a priority

While appearing on the Giants Huddle podcast earlier this week, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport implied the Giants also view Tomlinson as a top priority and will do everything they can to re-sign him.

“It sounds like he is a priority [for the Giants],” Rapoport said. “Now I know he’s going to be coveted. If you’re a team like the Giants, you draft well enough where a mid-rounder becomes a really coveted free agent, that’s someone you’d like to keep. I think for Dalvin Tomlinson, the interesting thing for the Giants is not that he’s a very good player, he is a very good player, but he’s also a leader. You rarely have leaders on the defensive line. It just doesn’t always happen that way…

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Rapoport: sounds like Tomlinson will be a priority

While appearing on the Giants Huddle podcast earlier this week, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport implied the Giants also view Tomlinson as a top priority and will do everything they can to re-sign him.

“It sounds like he is a priority [for the Giants],” Rapoport said. “Now I know he’s going to be coveted. If you’re a team like the Giants, you draft well enough where a mid-rounder becomes a really coveted free agent, that’s someone you’d like to keep. I think for Dalvin Tomlinson, the interesting thing for the Giants is not that he’s a very good player, he is a very good player, but he’s also a leader. You rarely have leaders on the defensive line. It just doesn’t always happen that way…

As much as DG & Judge preach about culture and having good guys in the locker room, they better figure out a way to bring Tomlinson back!

The dude is young, productive, doesn't miss games, he is a team captain and their Walter Payton man of the year candidate.

They let that guy go and I personally don’t ever want to hear any more bull#### from the Giants about “culture”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, monk said:

Unfortunately I think the Giants are going to have to draft an olineman in the 1st round 

Hernandez has been a bust, Lemiuex was a disaster and we wont have a proven RT. C and LT are still ?

Rashawn Slater is a beast that could play T or G 

PFF has him Ranked as the 12th bst player in the draft 

Slater allowed all of five pressures back in 2019 before opting out in 2020. At only 6-foot-3, he may get stuck inside, but we think he's more than athletic enough to hang on the edge.

 

Slater is 6-3 with 33 inch arms...thats a guard.   he doesn't fit the "giant profile" for a tackle.  Pugh had 32 inch arms.  

 I'd be surprised if he was the pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Giants and OT Nate Solder have agreed in principle to a reworked deal to return to New York, source said, as NYG locks in the experienced tackle. The two sides are working out the final details, but Solder is staying barring any last-minute hiccups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Slater is 6-3 with 33 inch arms...thats a guard.   he doesn't fit the "giant profile" for a tackle.  Pugh had 32 inch arms.  

 I'd be surprised if he was the pick.

They need a guard more than they need a tackle ... Just saying people believe he is athletic enough to play either 

Sick of passing on studs becaus ethey are gaurds ...Quenten Nelson , Sherff,  Martin ... if they need a lineman (they do) ...they should consider.

Pugh was a terrible pick no matter how you look at it 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dianna Russini
@diannaESPN

The New York Giants have made a push to try to sign Leonard Floyd, per source. “Nothing done yet” I’m told.
Learned under Kevin Sherrer and Jeremy Pruitt at Georgia..

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Curtis Samuel to JAX  4 years $48mill

Corey Davis to NYJ  3 years $37.5mill

Golladay or draft....

I really thought Samuel would join Ron Rivera. JuJu or multiple WRs in the draft I guess....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kodycutter said:

Curtis Samuel to JAX  4 years $48mill

Corey Davis to NYJ  3 years $37.5mill

Golladay or draft....

But they signed a backup for Saquon. Devontae Booker signed a 2 year $6M deal with the Giants

<sarcasm font>Looks like DG has his priorities in order </sarcasm font> 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

But they signed a backup for Saquon. Devontae Booker signed a 2 year $6M deal with the Giants

<sarcasm font>Looks like DG has his priorities in order </sarcasm font> 

DG is trolling us,

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

DG is trolling us,

He MUST be

Franchise tag on Leonard Williams is $19.4M. Reports that he is seeking a long-term deal anywhere from $21M-$25 per year (depends on which report you read)

Meanwhile here is what the top free agent pass rushers have signed for thus far

Matt Judon – 4 years - $56M ($14 per year avg)

Carl Lawson – 3 years - $45M ($15 per year avg)

Bud Dupree - $16.5 per year avg

Yannick Ngakoue – 2 years - $26M ($13 per year avg)

Romeo Okwara – 3 years - $39M ($13 per year avg)

Shaquil Barrett – 4 years - $68M ($17 per year avg)

JJ Watt – 2 years - $31M ($15.5 per year avg)

Leonard Floyd – 4 years -$64M ($16 per year avg)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Curtis Samuel to JAX  4 years $48mill

Corey Davis to NYJ  3 years $37.5mill

Golladay or draft....

Where are you seeing Curtis Samuel to Jax?  I haven’t seen that anywhere.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Where are you seeing Curtis Samuel to Jax?  I haven’t seen that anywhere.  

I saw it on another site, but I just went back after your post and that thread appears to have been deleted.   don't think it's official so please disregard.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing Tomlinson after all of this... signing Booker because why now? if they don't get Golladay or Pitts I'm going to be pissed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Losing Tomlinson after all of this... signing Booker because why now? if they don't get Golladay or Pitts I'm going to be pissed.

If you are Golladay, why would you sign with the Giants instead of the Dolphins? (I use those two examples because reports are those are the two teams that have the most interest) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

If you are Golladay, why would you sign with the Giants instead of the Dolphins? (I use those two examples because reports are those are the two teams that have the most interest) 

Less competition for targets. Parker would be higher on the totem pole, and don't forget Gesicki and Preston Williams. In NY Golladay would be the clear alpha; who's goind to compete with him? Sheperd is the complimentary receiver, Slayton the deep threat, and LOL EVAN ENGRAM. Also worth noting because of the division: the Giants are right there with Miami in terms of making the playoffs in 2021.

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...