What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (8 Viewers)

I'd like to have Solder back and playing RT for 1 year while Peart gets a little more experience ... The Need to Replace Cam Flemming who was making $4M ... I'm pretty Sure Solder would be better than Fleming 
Soldier at RT for 1 year at 16.5mm cap hit?     👎

Soldier at RT for 1 year at 16.5mm cap hit?     👎
I agree with this! In a vacuum I think Solder would be a better option at RT than Flemming, even with Solder having to switch sides. But I don’t think he would be four times better.

The Giants front office is going to have to get creative with the cap.

Quick question did Matt Peart play any guard last season? I know the Giants did a lot of moving players around but don’t recall if Peart played guard at all. I get that it wouldn’t be an ideal spot for a guy that big, I’m just curious.

I agree with this! In a vacuum I think Solder would be a better option at RT than Flemming, even with Solder having to switch sides. But I don’t think he would be four times better.

The Giants front office is going to have to get creative with the cap.

Quick question did Matt Peart play any guard last season? I know the Giants did a lot of moving players around but don’t recall if Peart played guard at all. I get that it wouldn’t be an ideal spot for a guy that big, I’m just curious.
I dont think Peart ever rotated in at guard.  not positive but i don't recall him doing that. 

If Giant cut Solder his dead cap is $10.5mm. If they keep him he costs $16.5mm. So the decision isn't Solder for $16.5mm, its Solder playing RT for an additional $6mm. Not saying they should keep him at that price, just that the money they gain by cutting him isn't $16.5mm.

Giants released Zeitler.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Giants are releasing veteran guard Kevin Zeitler, clearing nearly $10 million in cap space. Even in a tough free agent market, Zeitler will be in demand considering how well he played.

I am very surprised he got cut. Giants cap issues must be worse than I thought... starting to wonder if the Giants can even afford to go after Golladay.

And here we are. Looks scary but they had little choice after using the tag on Williams.
Unfortunately I think the Giants are going to have to draft an olineman in the 1st round 

Hernandez has been a bust, Lemiuex was a disaster and we wont have a proven RT. C and LT are still ?

Rashawn Slater is a beast that could play T or G 

PFF has him Ranked as the 12th bst player in the draft 

Slater allowed all of five pressures back in 2019 before opting out in 2020. At only 6-foot-3, he may get stuck inside, but we think he's more than athletic enough to hang on the edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
How DG and the Giants ended up in cap hell

Article by Ralph Vacchiano 

I can remember when people were trying to convince me that DG was going to fix the Giants cap issues. There weren't really any issues to fix but I was told DG was going to fix them.
He's the worst GM in the league IMO.  I hated the hire and he's done nothing at all to change my opinion.  It should amaze me that he still has a job, but Mara only hires friends and friends of friends so it's not surprising.  IMO the real problem starts with the trust fund baby.

Rapoport: sounds like Tomlinson will be a priority

While appearing on the Giants Huddle podcast earlier this week, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport implied the Giants also view Tomlinson as a top priority and will do everything they can to re-sign him.

“It sounds like he is a priority [for the Giants],” Rapoport said. “Now I know he’s going to be coveted. If you’re a team like the Giants, you draft well enough where a mid-rounder becomes a really coveted free agent, that’s someone you’d like to keep. I think for Dalvin Tomlinson, the interesting thing for the Giants is not that he’s a very good player, he is a very good player, but he’s also a leader. You rarely have leaders on the defensive line. It just doesn’t always happen that way…

Rapoport: sounds like Tomlinson will be a priority

While appearing on the Giants Huddle podcast earlier this week, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport implied the Giants also view Tomlinson as a top priority and will do everything they can to re-sign him.

“It sounds like he is a priority [for the Giants],” Rapoport said. “Now I know he’s going to be coveted. If you’re a team like the Giants, you draft well enough where a mid-rounder becomes a really coveted free agent, that’s someone you’d like to keep. I think for Dalvin Tomlinson, the interesting thing for the Giants is not that he’s a very good player, he is a very good player, but he’s also a leader. You rarely have leaders on the defensive line. It just doesn’t always happen that way…
As much as DG & Judge preach about culture and having good guys in the locker room, they better figure out a way to bring Tomlinson back!

The dude is young, productive, doesn't miss games, he is a team captain and their Walter Payton man of the year candidate.

They let that guy go and I personally don’t ever want to hear any more bull#### from the Giants about “culture”

Unfortunately I think the Giants are going to have to draft an olineman in the 1st round 

Hernandez has been a bust, Lemiuex was a disaster and we wont have a proven RT. C and LT are still ?

Rashawn Slater is a beast that could play T or G 

PFF has him Ranked as the 12th bst player in the draft 

Slater allowed all of five pressures back in 2019 before opting out in 2020. At only 6-foot-3, he may get stuck inside, but we think he's more than athletic enough to hang on the edge.
Slater is 6-3 with 33 inch arms...thats a guard.   he doesn't fit the "giant profile" for a tackle.  Pugh had 32 inch arms.  

I'd be surprised if he was the pick.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Giants and OT Nate Solder have agreed in principle to a reworked deal to return to New York, source said, as NYG locks in the experienced tackle. The two sides are working out the final details, but Solder is staying barring any last-minute hiccups.

Slater is 6-3 with 33 inch arms...thats a guard.   he doesn't fit the "giant profile" for a tackle.  Pugh had 32 inch arms.  

I'd be surprised if he was the pick.
They need a guard more than they need a tackle ... Just saying people believe he is athletic enough to play either 

Sick of passing on studs becaus ethey are gaurds ...Quenten Nelson , Sherff,  Martin ... if they need a lineman (they do) ...they should consider.

Pugh was a terrible pick no matter how you look at it 

Dianna Russini
@diannaESPN

The New York Giants have made a push to try to sign Leonard Floyd, per source. “Nothing done yet” I’m told.
Learned under Kevin Sherrer and Jeremy Pruitt at Georgia..

DG is trolling us,
He MUST be

Franchise tag on Leonard Williams is $19.4M. Reports that he is seeking a long-term deal anywhere from $21M-$25 per year (depends on which report you read)

Meanwhile here is what the top free agent pass rushers have signed for thus far

Matt Judon – 4 years - $56M ($14 per year avg)

Carl Lawson – 3 years - $45M ($15 per year avg)

Bud Dupree - $16.5 per year avg

Yannick Ngakoue – 2 years - $26M ($13 per year avg)

Romeo Okwara – 3 years - $39M ($13 per year avg)

Shaquil Barrett – 4 years - $68M ($17 per year avg)

JJ Watt – 2 years - $31M ($15.5 per year avg)

Leonard Floyd – 4 years -$64M ($16 per year avg)

Losing Tomlinson after all of this... signing Booker because why now? if they don't get Golladay or Pitts I'm going to be pissed.
If you are Golladay, why would you sign with the Giants instead of the Dolphins? (I use those two examples because reports are those are the two teams that have the most interest) 

Yenrub said:
If you are Golladay, why would you sign with the Giants instead of the Dolphins? (I use those two examples because reports are those are the two teams that have the most interest) 
Less competition for targets. Parker would be higher on the totem pole, and don't forget Gesicki and Preston Williams. In NY Golladay would be the clear alpha; who's goind to compete with him? Sheperd is the complimentary receiver, Slayton the deep threat, and LOL EVAN ENGRAM. Also worth noting because of the division: the Giants are right there with Miami in terms of making the playoffs in 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread