What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (5 Viewers)

Less competition for targets. Parker would be higher on the totem pole, and don't forget Gesicki and Preston Williams. In NY Golladay would be the clear alpha; who's goind to compete with him? Sheperd is the complimentary receiver, Slayton the deep threat, and LOL EVAN ENGRAM. Also worth noting because of the division: the Giants are right there with Miami in terms of making the playoffs in 2021.
Both are fair reasons.

I disagree with you on the playoffs. I think the Dolphins have a much better shot at making the playoffs whether it be by winning division or as a wildcard.

Where would money come into your equation? Because the no state income tax in Florida has to be mighty appealing compared to the taxes in NJ & NY

Both are fair reasons.

I disagree with you on the playoffs. I think the Dolphins have a much better shot at making the playoffs whether it be by winning division or as a wildcard.

Where would money come into your equation? Because the no state income tax in Florida has to be mighty appealing compared to the taxes in NJ & NY
That's the big thing: What does Golladay want more? A bigger contract (advantage Miami)? More stardom (advantage NY). I mean the only thing I know about his motives is Golladay really wanted to stay in Detroit but it made no sense for the Lions to pay him in a massive rebuild.

With Dak back obviously Dallas has a head up on the Division. I still think unless Iggles make some other WR acquisitions they're not way above the Giants, and who knows with Washington; Fitz is an unpredictable roller coaster. There's reason to believe the Giants secondary will improve even if the pass rush craters, and the offense with Saquon and one of Golladay or Pitts would be set for Daniel Jones.

also don't forget Dante Pettis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Giant and Leonard Williams have agreed on a 3 year deal for 63 million with 45 million fully guaranteed. Roosevelt Barnes and Brandon Parker, and exec Kevin Abrams finished the deal today.

2:27 PM · Mar 16, 2021·TweetDeck

$21 per year.

Why couldn't they get his deal done before free agency? Maybe they would have been able to keep Tomlinson.

They also signed some FB

John Ross

@MikeGarafolo
The #Giants have agreed to terms with WR John Ross on a one-year, $2.5 million deal that includes $1 million guaranteed, source says. The ninth overall pick in 2017 with the 4.22 40 time gets a chance to reset his career in East Rutherford.

Losing Tomlinson and then handing a stupid contract to Williams...  Gettleman once again making the team worse while spending more money.  The Giants have been one of the worst teams in the NFL under Gettleman and yet are always strapped for cap space.  I wonder why.

Losing Tomlinson and then handing a stupid contract to Williams...  Gettleman once again making the team worse while spending more money.  The Giants have been one of the worst teams in the NFL under Gettleman and yet are always strapped for cap space.  I wonder why.
I saw this on twitter and it made me mad all over again 

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1371934315098083331?s=20

The link talks about how much John Elway likes or liked Sam Darnold, there is speculation that Denver might still be interested in Darnold. Anyway the link touches on the 2018 draft and how DG refused to take calls for the #2 pick

Sorry to quote you twice 

The Williams long term contract ended up giving the Giants around $8M in cap room

Tomlinson's deal with the Vikings has a 2021 cap number of $8.5M 

So by not getting Williams signed to a long term deal in a timely fashion (which anyone with a clue had to know that if you franchise a guy at 19.4, 19.4 was going to be the minimum per year average he would agree to) they lost any chance they had on keeping a guy in Tomlinson who they claimed was so important to the culture (blah blah blah) 

The link talks about how much John Elway likes or liked Sam Darnold, there is speculation that Denver might still be interested in Darnold. Anyway the link touches on the 2018 draft and how DG refused to take calls for the #2 pick
I remember that vividly and I have always been annoyed with him for it.  It's one of the many reasons why Gettleman has been a failure.  Even before Barkley played in a game he was one of the highest paid RBs in the NFL.  The restructured rookie contracts were supposed to change that, but Gettleman found a way to make a rookie contract for a good player to still be too high.

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Nate Solder’s contract restructure is complete, per source. Solder’s salary will be cut to approximately $4M, which will create $6M in cap savings. Same savings as if he was cut.

Expect Solder to serve as the swing tackle/back-up option if Matt Peart isn’t ready to start at RT.

Yenrub said:

I know this wasnt your point but ...

Elway's QB evaluation has been a disaster. So his interest in Darnold probably confirm what we already know ...Darnold sux! 

kodycutter said:
Golladay or H. Reddick - one of these guys has to be coming our way.   Stop trolling us Gettleman.
Reddick signed with the Panthers. 

I'm hoping his trip to NY is productive. That is a perfect fit as an X-WR & gives DJones a ton of receiving weapons. Looks like the Bengals extended a 1 year offer, and Golladay went to NY anyway - that has to be a good sign.  

Reddick signed with the Panthers. 

I'm hoping his trip to NY is productive. That is a perfect fit as an X-WR & gives DJones a ton of receiving weapons. Looks like the Bengals extended a 1 year offer, and Golladay went to NY anyway - that has to be a good sign.  
I'd rather build through the draft but if they want to know what they have with Jones, and they need to know soon...they need to provide for him.     I think we end up signing him.       provides some flexibility with the #11 pick in the draft as well.      makes too much sense.    

I'd rather build through the draft but if they want to know what they have with Jones, and they need to know soon...they need to provide for him.     I think we end up signing him.       provides some flexibility with the #11 pick in the draft as well.      makes too much sense.    
I'm sure there'll be some of that too, but as a DJones owner and not a Giants fan, cmooooooon Golladay! :lol:  

The WR market has cratered bigtime with all the talented WRs around 2-3 rounds deep in the draft. If Giants make a offer like 4 years/60 million w/ 32-40 million guaranteed I think he'll take it. No one is spending the 18-20 million dollars per year for a top WR now.

Good news, Giants just signed Mike Glennon.

I'm starting to feel bad for the Giants being stuck with Gettleman - and this is coming from a Jets fan.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Your sources are reliable. #Giants are, in fact, signing Mike Glennon.

Brandan Bishop @BBISH30 · 32m

BREAKING: My friend Mike Glennon to the #Giants per very reliable sources

10:15 AM · Mar 18, 2021
####### shoot me

I'm starting to feel bad for the Giants being stuck with Gettleman - and this is coming from a Jets fan.
I never understood the rivalry between the NY teams.  I grew up as a Giants fan but I don't dislike the Jets at all.  I don't care at all about the back page of the tabloids (that I don't ever read anyway) and that seems like the only area they actually "compete".  There's more than enough fans to go around, which is why both teams' season tickets are always sold out. 

The Jets are definitely a better managed team at this point.  Both have terrible trust fund baby owners, but the difference at GM is HUGE.  Also, even though the Jets' OC is new, I'm confident he's going to be much better than Garrett.  The Jets are an interesting and ascending team but the Giants continue to decline, which is really hard to do considering they've already been one of the worst teams in the NFL over the last 5 years.

With regards to Glennon, I do think he improves the team significantly with neck length.  I've been thinking the the Giants' don't have enough players with ostrich-like necks and this signing solves that.

I never understood the rivalry between the NY teams.  I grew up as a Giants fan but I don't dislike the Jets at all. 
I mostly root for the Giants as well. My "joke" was that as poorly run as the Jets have been, the Giants look to be in worse shape right now.

It's been a while but I have seen almost all of Glennon's college games (I'm a NC State alum). If he has to play he will be okay until he gets hit, after he gets hit  he will be significantly less than okay.

Obviously, there is a lot of talk about the Giants signing Golladay.

I just wanted to list out who the Giants currently have at WR

Sterling Shepard (28 YO, signed thru 2023)

Darius Slayton (25 YO, signed thru 2022)

Dante Pettis (25 YO, signed thru 2021)

John Ross (26 YO, signed thru 2021)

CJ Board (27 YO, signed thru 2021)

David Stills (26 YO, EFRA)

Obviously, there is a lot of talk about the Giants signing Golladay.

I just wanted to list out who the Giants currently have at WR

Sterling Shepard (28 YO, signed thru 2023)

Darius Slayton (25 YO, signed thru 2022)

Dante Pettis (25 YO, signed thru 2021)

John Ross (26 YO, signed thru 2021)

CJ Board (27 YO, signed thru 2021)

David Stills (26 YO, EFRA)
That’s got to be the worse WR group in the NFL, right? Really need to close the deal with Golladay.

The only good thing about today is the Dolphins signing Will Fuller IV takes them out of the Golladay sweepstakes. The Giants, Bears (negotiating maybe to make ARob scared), and Bengals (one year deal Golladay may have approached them with) are left. Giants seem to be playing chicken with Golladay because they're the only team with a multiyear offer on the table; that or his hip is worse off than they thought.

Rudolph is actually a good signing, vet TE who can help his young QB for sure. The thing is Giants now have like 5 TEs (Engram, Rudolph, Smith, Toilolo as the blocking TE, and Simonson), maybe Engram or promising Kaden Smith get dealt?

EDIT: 8:46 PM: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372710465638432778. Bears potentially out of the Golladay sweepstakes now.

The problem is in this market, Gollady is going to want a one year “pretty decent” money deal and I don’t think the Giants can do that.

Im not sure settling for a below normal-market deal for 3-4 seasons is in his best interest- but maybe the security is important and doesn’t want to risk it?

Per Ian

Former #Titans first-round CB Adoree' Jackson is expected to visit the #Giants, source said. We’ll see if it turns into a signing, but Jackson could also make other visits.

Per Ian

Former #Titans first-round CB Adoree' Jackson is expected to visit the #Giants, source said. We’ll see if it turns into a signing, but Jackson could also make other visits.
I like this, guy has top CB upside but injuries have really taken a toll on him to the point the Titans just got tired of him. Would be a nice sleeper signing and it wouldn't preclude them from drafting another good corner in the first couple rounds..

from this morning....

"@JosinaandersonThat's not true. Golladay is still in town. Last I heard, the #Giants have a solid offer on the table for him. The visit is still ongoing. Got to go to the grocery store. Enjoy your Saturday morning. :) "

Josina is usually pretty clued in for some reason.

Also seeing chatter on a giants message board that there has been some added follows on twitter/instagram of Golladay by a few players/coaches.

Huge contract. Hey, it’s not my money - I’m just hoping Danny Dimes can show enough growth to stay relevant for my SF so I actually have to choose between him & Carr as my QB2. 

:wub:  

Under Gettleman the Giants have become the team that has to overpay free agents to get them to join the team.  Another contract given out by Gettleman that's way over any other player at his position is getting at this time.

Under Gettleman the Giants have become the team that has to overpay free agents to get them to join the team.  Another contract given out by Gettleman that's way over any other player at his position is getting at this time.
That’s how it goes sometimes. And Golladay made no secret that he wanted to get paid, soft WR market be damned. 

Players will take a discount to play for the Bucs or Chiefs right now - the Giants...notsomuch.

At least they Giants are willing to pay for players to compete - many teams won’t. If I’m a Giants fan I’m thrilled right now. hopefully Golladay delivers for them.

That’s how it goes sometimes. And Golladay made no secret that he wanted to get paid, soft WR market be damned. 

Players will take a discount to play for the Bucs or Chiefs right now - the Giants...notsomuch.

At least they Giants are willing to pay for players to compete - many teams won’t. If I’m a Giants fan I’m thrilled right now. hopefully Golladay delivers for them.
Contracts like this are why they always have little cap space and yet have still managed to accumulate one of the worst records in the NFL over the last 5 years.  No question Golladay improves this team, but it's not just about that.  Always spending big in free agency is not the right way to build a team IMO.  Gettleman can't draft well either, though, so all of this combined and we get one of the worst teams in the league under his watch.

Contracts like this are why they always have little cap space and yet have still managed to accumulate one of the worst records in the NFL over the last 5 years.  No question Golladay improves this team, but it's not just about that.  Always spending big in free agency is not the right way to build a team IMO.  Gettleman can't draft well either, though, so all of this combined and we get one of the worst teams in the league under his watch.
The draft is going to be key for sure. They do have some players coming back thought - if I recall correctly they had some OL injuries, plus obviously Saquan is a huge addition. 

The NFC East looks like it’s going to be extremely competitive (not necessarily in the best way) - Dallas has offense & little defense, WAS looks kinda scary with Fitzmagic & Samuel coming on board, the Eagles are, well, a team that plays in that division - we’ll have to see how Reagor & Hurts develop...so among that group, NYG can play D and has a lot of weapons on offense. 

It’s less than ideal to be up against the cap, but I’d rather my team did that than not acquire talent. Golladay could be a legitimate beast. It’ll be fun to watch. 

Offense is stacked with weapons ... They desperately need a top Gaurd ..Slater should be the pick ... If Parsons isnt available 

Need G, Edge, Corner ... Filled WR & TE Nicely 

I must give DG credit for landing KG.

The weapons are all in place for DJ. (Saquon, Golladay, Shepard, Salyton, Engram & Rudolph) 

Of course the OL is STILL a question mark

I understand that the Giants are still in on Adoree Jackson (not sure where the money is going to come from)

Uncle Leo said:
Giant fans can never be happy. Enjoy the signing fellas. This is a big get for us. Dimes has his weapons now. If he can’t perform with these then we need to Trubisky him. 
DJ is really the key to the whole thing. WRs don't throw the ball to themselves.

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Adoree Jackson currently set to arrive in New Jersey on Sunday night for his Giants' free agent visit, which will carry over and continue into Monday, source confirms.

Users who are viewing this thread