Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official*** 25th Amendment Thread


Sinn Fein

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I've had multiple posters confirm that Joe's as sharp as ever.

 

No one is as sharp at 78 as they were 5-10 years earlier. That said, I have not seen evidence of the mental deterioration that others in this forum claim to have witnessed (please avoid laughing emojis. TIA). 

  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2021 at 8:00 AM, NorvilleBarnes said:

Bumping this because it's become relevant again.

 

Things to consider

1) President Joseph Biden still has control over America's vast nuclear arsenal and can kill every living thing on the planet in a matter of hours. He also has control over the most powerful military force in all of recorded human history. He also is in a position to destroy the world economy and/or starve the entire world to death, as the United States is the "World's Bread Basket"

There are those who believe Biden has dementia and some who do not. Does anyone here want to flip a coin on the chance that all of your children will be incinerated in nuclear hellfire?  This doesn't include the scenarios where he forces the world to starve or causes such massive economic disruption that the entire world starves anyway.

2) Trying to use the 25th on Biden will trigger a massive legal battle. Kamala Harris has no chance to beat Nikki Haley and/or Ron De Santis in 2024. However her low odd are better if she's sitting on POTUS than not.

That means with a real split in the Obama/Biden/Harris regime, there is incentive for Harris to line up anyone loyal to her and any shooters loyal to her, and take POTUS by force.

"I'm so sorry to the American people, he passed away from a heart attack"

Sure, he did. Like Clemenza died of a heart attack running up against Hyman Roth and the Rosato Brothers.

On the edge of that coin, Pelosi in the line of succession is now a problem. Because she now has incentive to get rid of both Biden and Harris and push her "nephew", Gavin Newsom into prominence.

There will be people who have massive financial/political pork incentive to align with one of Biden, Harris or Pelosi. Thus they have incentive to turn the entire political system into chaos.

There are two guys with the worst jobs in the world right now. The first is the foreign operative ordered to funnel Dark Money by pretending to like Hunter Biden's artwork and having to compliment it in public and pretend to be excited about winning one of those magnificent set pieces for a mere 10 million a pop. The second is the guy tasked to hold the Nuclear Football.  Because nothing would be more terrifying than having Harris and Biden both shouting at you to give them the codes, and then both deciding it's just easier to order to have you shot in the head and take them themselves anyway.

Some of you will say, it can't get that over the top. It can't get that bad. It can't get that bizarre and pathetic.  In which case, I say, look at what's happened so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, squistion said:

 

No one is as sharp at 78 as they were 5-10 years earlier. That said, I have not seen evidence of the mental deterioration that others in this forum claim to have witnessed (please avoid laughing emojis. TIA). 

is there a head in the sand emoji?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

is there a head in the sand emoji?

 

Let's just say that some people are so invested that they refuse to see or believe anything based in reality.  They were so invested in removing Trump, they screamed and cried 24/7 for four years until they finally did.  

You really think their going to believe they elected an even worse guy?  No way.  They're all in now - even if they have to lie to themselves.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Why are we worrying about using the 25th against Biden?

 

In a massive legal battle dealing with far reaching future Constitutional implications, what happens if Kamala Harris makes a run to take POTUS via the 25th and is denied?

Let me rephrase that a different way - WHAT WILL BLACK LIVES MATTER AS AN ORGANIZATION DO IF THEY BELIEVE THE FIRST POTENTIAL "BLACK" FEMALE POTUS WAS RAILROADED BY THE SMUG TONE DEAF ELITIST WHITEWASHED ESTABLISHMENT?"

Are you prepared for riots and looting and pure destruction in every major city in America?

Pelosi can't push another stimulus package like the last one to bail out Big Blue Cities. Massive overtime to law enforcement will again cripple city budgets all over America. It's long since been openly cited that as rioting grows, donations to BLM explode. That means BLM as an organization has a profit motive to watch all of American burn to the ground. If city budgets collapse, that means massive furloughs and layoffs. Not just law enforcement but across the board towards all essential city functions. Look at Detroit as a test case when a cities budget completely  collapses. They had to abandon major sections of Detroit. What happens to the small business owners already battered from the pandemic, the lockdowns, the rising costs of essentials and then the rioting and looting. Do you think the few who survived can endure another round of rioting and looting?

Kamala Harris is already on record supporting "unrest" and bailing out rioters and looters. You think she's going to care if America burns if it means she gets to be POTUS?

What happens when a National Guard unit is over run by rioters and one of them, a white American, opens fire on and shoots and kills a black civilian, whether that person be a rioter and looter or not. What do you think happens then?

More firearms were sold in 2020 to civilians than in any other year in American history.  Legal purchases in 2020 alone racked up to 40 million out of the estimated total of 400 million firearms in the United States right now.  What happens when those small business owners, some barely hanging on financially from being homeless, have a choice between defending their last chance to earn a living and feed their kids or be overwhelming by rioters and looters knowing that local law enforcement is either powerless or unwilling or ordered to let them be openly massacred. Do you want to videos of running gun battles in the streets? Do you think the Rooftop Koreans from the LA Riots times 10,000 incidents is going to make America feel safer at night?

It's in Kamala Harris' interest for there to be massive rioting and looting and destruction, as this pressures SCOTUS To rule for any 25th Constitutional argument in her favor, and it will get to SCOTUS whether they want it or not, just to stop the burning.

We also know have a fully fleshed out motive profile for people WITHIN THE SAME ADMINISTRATION to start slaughtering each other for a power grab. If Biden is removed by force, Harris ascends. If Harris is removed by force, Biden no longer carries her as a threat to take his seat.

Guess what? This has nothing to do with the GOP.

This is a problem that Barack Obama, establishment Democrats, the DCCC, the DNC Super Delegates, DNC HQ, Big Social Media, Jack Dorsey, Mark Zuckerberg, CNN, the Washington Post, David Cohen, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Michael Bloomberg, George Soros, most of Hollywood, Big Tech, Big Education, Big Sports, Debbie Wasserman Schwartz, Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, Lori Lightfoot, Gretchen Whitmer, Maxine Waters, most of the NBA and of course John Legend (deciding you are a  racist since you won't submit to his wife's bullying) all brought onto themselves. '

Some of you voted for this utter madness. So when chaos reigns, because there's a practical pathway for greed, money and power for it, some of you will have sit down and eat the whole damn meal. Get a big spoon. Chew it down.

Do you think I take satisfaction in that? I do not. I am no political tribalist. I have a godson I have a duty to protect and an obligation to over a thousand employees and their families and children.  I wanted them to have a better world. Some of you will have to live with your votes that made sure they, along with countless other innocent Americans, won't have it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

Do you think I take satisfaction in that? I do not. I am no political tribalist. I have a godson I have a duty to protect and an obligation to over a thousand employees and their families and children.  I wanted them to have a better world. Some of you will have to live with your votes that made sure they, along with countless other innocent Americans, won't have it.

When did this happen? 

Edited by Navin Johnson
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Things to consider

1) President Joseph Biden still has control over America's vast nuclear arsenal and can kill every living thing on the planet in a matter of hours. He also has control over the most powerful military force in all of recorded human history. He also is in a position to destroy the world economy and/or starve the entire world to death, as the United States is the "World's Bread Basket"

 

We just had the most unpredictable narcissist in the history of narcissim running the country, and you're more worried about this one? 

Those 30-40 days between the vote and Trump leaving office were scary.  Evryone worried about Trump lashing out.  Luckily he only tried to lead an insurrection instead of going nuclear.  Although I did hear mention that the generals talked him out of a few things.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The man needs flashcards to get through a Q&A session. Constantly ignoring hard questions is only making this worse. 

But he did his job.  He got Trump out of office.  The Dems finally played smart politics and chose the one guy that would beat Trump.  As bad as Biden is, they could not risk another 4 years.

I think that both parties should have an agreement next election.  The Dems won't run Biden if the Republicans won't run Trump (or anyone related to Trump).  That should give you two solid candidates.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chaz McNulty said:

But he did his job.  He got Trump out of office.  The Dems finally played smart politics and chose the one guy that would beat Trump.  As bad as Biden is, they could not risk another 4 years.

I think that both parties should have an agreement next election.  The Dems won't run Biden if the Republicans won't run Trump (or anyone related to Trump).  That should give you two solid candidates.  

 

He didn't do anything.  You guys did.  :shrug:

And, to be fair, the 25th is EXACTLY for this type of situation - where the POTUS is unable to do his job.  It's not because you don't like him - like the Democrats tried to do to Trump.  It was a misuse and abuse of power.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

But he did his job.  He got Trump out of office.  The Dems finally played smart politics and chose the one guy that would beat Trump.  As bad as Biden is, they could not risk another 4 years.

I think that both parties should have an agreement next election.  The Dems won't run Biden if the Republicans won't run Trump (or anyone related to Trump).  That should give you two solid candidates.  

I think Biden represents the Dems well. He was the most popular pick in history. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

 

He didn't do anything.  You guys did.  :shrug:

And, to be fair, the 25th is EXACTLY for this type of situation - where the POTUS is unable to do his job.  It's not because you don't like him - like the Democrats tried to do to Trump.  It was a misuse and abuse of power.

Biden got a lot of the centre-right vote.  He was a safe pick for them.  

I think there was more than dislike for Trump.  He totally screwed up on the pandemic by making it political.  But even that isn't enough for the 25th.

The insurrection thing is really close.  Who knew what he was going to try and do to hold onto power.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

As mentioned before, those were anti-Trump votes.  Biden doesn't really inspire anyone.  Safe.

 

Tell that to the 10-15K American Citizens and refugees that Biden left in the cold trying to get past the Taliban right now.  

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think Biden represents the Dems well. He was the most popular pick in history. 

 

By the number of votes cast yes, but not by his percentage of 51.31%

Obama for his first term got 52.93% (and both LBJ and FDR had higher percentages).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_popular_vote_margin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, squistion said:

 

By the number of votes cast yes, but not by his percentage of 51.31%

Obama for his first term got 52.93% (and both LBJ and FDR had higher percentages).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_popular_vote_margin

There's no doubt that Trump was the best president in US history at getting the vote out.  For both sides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Those 30-40 days between the vote and Trump leaving office were scary.  Evryone worried about Trump lashing out.  Luckily he only tried to lead an insurrection instead of going nuclear.  Although I did hear mention that the generals talked him out of a few things

Did you get this from some fan fict at reddit?

Good lord

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, supermike80 said:

The 25th is a dumb idea now as it was when Trump was in office.

Stop with the 25th garbage talk.  Not happening, not gonna happen.  It's a weak idea.

I think there is a general misunderstanding of what the 25th Amedment is for. It's not designed to facilitate palace coups, where the Cabinet gangs up on the president; in fact, pulling one of those off would be almost impossible. It's also not designed for a president who has maybe lost a step. Basically, as long as the president is capable of submitting an attestation to Congress that he can do the job, he's not going to be removed. Overruling his attestation requires 2/3 votes in both houses of Congress, which is a higher standard than for impeachment (which only requires a majority of the House). In other words, if you have enough Congressfolks willing to remove him from office via the 25th, that means by definition you have enough votes to impeach and convict him.

Literally the only time the 25th could have had any actual impact was this past January. If Pence and the rest of the Cabinet had been willing to invoke the 25th after Jan. 6, it wouldn't have succeeded in permanently removing Trump from office, but it would have removed him temporarily and allowed Congress to run out the clock on the last two weeks of his presidency. But of course it's a meaningless hypothetical because Pence was never going to do that.

The 25th was designed for situations where the president is literally incapacitated, like in a coma. Any of the other scenarios people discuss else will never ever happen

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ignatiusjreilly said:

I think there is a general misunderstanding of what the 25th Amedment is for. It's not designed to facilitate palace coups, where the Cabinet gangs up on the president; in fact, pulling one of those off would be almost impossible. It's also not designed for a president who has maybe lost a step. Basically, as long as the president is capable of submitting an attestation to Congress that he can do the job, he's not going to be removed. Overruling his attestation requires 2/3 votes in both houses of Congress, which is a higher standard than for impeachment (which only requires a majority of the House). In other words, if you have enough Congressfolks willing to remove him from office via the 25th, that means by definition you have enough votes to impeach and convict him.

Literally the only time the 25th could have had any actual impact was this past January. If Pence and the rest of the Cabinet had been willing to invoke the 25th after Jan. 6, it wouldn't have succeeded in permanently removing Trump from office, but it would have removed him temporarily and allowed Congress to run out the clock on the last two weeks of his presidency. But of course it's a meaningless hypothetical because Pence was never going to do that.

The 25th was designed for situations where the president is literally incapacitated, like in a coma. Any of the other scenarios people discuss else will never ever happen

I know.  Thats why I said it's a dumb idea

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

It's happening before our very eyes. We approaching the point that even the liberal media can't ignore it.

The emperor had no clothes. It's not his fault. He should be in a rest home eating ice cream.  

Not remotely close. Sorry. This is partisan politician, or hack politician talk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, BladeRunner said:

 

Let's just say that some people are so invested that they refuse to see or believe anything based in reality.  They were so invested in removing Trump, they screamed and cried 24/7 for four years until they finally did.  

You really think their going to believe they elected an even worse guy?  No way.  They're all in now - even if they have to lie to themselves.

I’m not all in.  Biden is proving to be a complete and total disaster.  But he’s no Trump; a guy who tried to subvert American democracy.  That type of guy is a threat to the republic.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, Chaz McNulty said:

Biden got a lot of the centre-right vote.  He was a safe pick for them.  

I think there was more than dislike for Trump.  He totally screwed up on the pandemic by making it political.  But even that isn't enough for the 25th.

The insurrection thing is really close.  Who knew what he was going to try and do to hold onto power.

 

Michael Moore called it before the 2016 election. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, The Commish said:

We learned last cycle the 25th is never going to be used to remove someone from office permanently.  

 

The problem with Trump and the 25th is the difficulty and impossibility of having enough Republicans in Congress voting against him. Why? He has a pronounced down the ticket impact and that factors into individual reelection campaigns.

Here's the thing. Biden staying in office and risk of running again in 2024 is toxic for Democrats in Congress battling in the 2022 mid terms and even beyond who want to be reelected.

So yes, even hard line Blue will vote against Biden if he threatens their ability to be reelected or association with this madness destroys their fundraising to the point where they are almost guaranteed of not being reelected.

The problem splits down the middle. If Biden just lingers around, he has three plus more years to run this country and the entire establishment Democratic Party into the ground. If Democrats, one by one, start to make overtures they will vote against Biden, it's an admission they backed someone who will bring America to it's knees and they shouldn't be reelected anyway.

It's a lose/lose situation for major sections of the establishment Democrats in professional politics.

The worse part of all this is the entire Tulsi Gabbard getting railroaded and Bernie Sanders getting cheated out of the ticket TWICE is going to rear it's ugly head.  Gabbard will present herself in the mass media as the "last true liberal" in a grifter empire of woke, money laundering and political pork.

In 2024, Nikki Haley literally just has to wake up in the morning, wash her face, pick up her bag, walk to the car, and show up.  Biden/Harris all but handed her POTUS in three years.

Having Harris lose 2024 instead of Biden allows the radical left to keep pushing the identity politics/woke narrative. See how a black woman was railroaded by the establishment!  Having Biden lose 2024 just looks like relief. Like holding the need to take a huge dump while caught in traffic and finally getting the satisfaction of unloading major cargo into the altar of the Porcelain Gods.

Or as I like to say, the practical title card for going No#2 is "Giving Birth To A Lawyer"

When Biden no longer holds POTUS, in any circumstances, America will feel like it just emptied it's bowels.

Let's hope the flushing starts before he forgets where his egg salad sandwich is and responds by launching nukes because he wants to hurry up and get back to watching old dogearred VHS copies of Murder She Wrote.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, GordonGekko said:

 

In a massive legal battle dealing with far reaching future Constitutional implications, what happens if Kamala Harris makes a run to take POTUS via the 25th and is denied?

Let me rephrase that a different way - WHAT WILL BLACK LIVES MATTER AS AN ORGANIZATION DO IF THEY BELIEVE THE FIRST POTENTIAL "BLACK" FEMALE POTUS WAS RAILROADED BY THE SMUG TONE DEAF ELITIST WHITEWASHED ESTABLISHMENT?"

Are you prepared for riots and looting and pure destruction in every major city in America?

Pelosi can't push another stimulus package like the last one to bail out Big Blue Cities. Massive overtime to law enforcement will again cripple city budgets all over America. It's long since been openly cited that as rioting grows, donations to BLM explode. That means BLM as an organization has a profit motive to watch all of American burn to the ground. If city budgets collapse, that means massive furloughs and layoffs. Not just law enforcement but across the board towards all essential city functions. Look at Detroit as a test case when a cities budget completely  collapses. They had to abandon major sections of Detroit. What happens to the small business owners already battered from the pandemic, the lockdowns, the rising costs of essentials and then the rioting and looting. Do you think the few who survived can endure another round of rioting and looting?

Kamala Harris is already on record supporting "unrest" and bailing out rioters and looters. You think she's going to care if America burns if it means she gets to be POTUS?

What happens when a National Guard unit is over run by rioters and one of them, a white American, opens fire on and shoots and kills a black civilian, whether that person be a rioter and looter or not. What do you think happens then?

More firearms were sold in 2020 to civilians than in any other year in American history.  Legal purchases in 2020 alone racked up to 40 million out of the estimated total of 400 million firearms in the United States right now.  What happens when those small business owners, some barely hanging on financially from being homeless, have a choice between defending their last chance to earn a living and feed their kids or be overwhelming by rioters and looters knowing that local law enforcement is either powerless or unwilling or ordered to let them be openly massacred. Do you want to videos of running gun battles in the streets? Do you think the Rooftop Koreans from the LA Riots times 10,000 incidents is going to make America feel safer at night?

It's in Kamala Harris' interest for there to be massive rioting and looting and destruction, as this pressures SCOTUS To rule for any 25th Constitutional argument in her favor, and it will get to SCOTUS whether they want it or not, just to stop the burning.

We also know have a fully fleshed out motive profile for people WITHIN THE SAME ADMINISTRATION to start slaughtering each other for a power grab. If Biden is removed by force, Harris ascends. If Harris is removed by force, Biden no longer carries her as a threat to take his seat.

Guess what? This has nothing to do with the GOP.

This is a problem that Barack Obama, establishment Democrats, the DCCC, the DNC Super Delegates, DNC HQ, Big Social Media, Jack Dorsey, Mark Zuckerberg, CNN, the Washington Post, David Cohen, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Michael Bloomberg, George Soros, most of Hollywood, Big Tech, Big Education, Big Sports, Debbie Wasserman Schwartz, Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, Lori Lightfoot, Gretchen Whitmer, Maxine Waters, most of the NBA and of course John Legend (deciding you are a  racist since you won't submit to his wife's bullying) all brought onto themselves. '

Some of you voted for this utter madness. So when chaos reigns, because there's a practical pathway for greed, money and power for it, some of you will have sit down and eat the whole damn meal. Get a big spoon. Chew it down.

Do you think I take satisfaction in that? I do not. I am no political tribalist. I have a godson I have a duty to protect and an obligation to over a thousand employees and their families and children.  I wanted them to have a better world. Some of you will have to live with your votes that made sure they, along with countless other innocent Americans, won't have it.

This might be the worst single post I have ever seen in here. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...