What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wheelhouse Memorial Thread #1: Greatest Movie Car Chases (1 Viewer)

RedmondLonghorn

Footballguy
Saw several movies with great car chases mentioned in the Lesser Known Movies thread, but this can be a separate topic...

Obviously the French Connection and Bullitt are right up there.

I nominate the chase in To Live and Die in L.A.

Whatchagot?

Saw several movies with great car chases mentioned in the Lesser Known Movies thread, but this can be a separate topic...

Obviously the French Connection and Bullitt are right up there.

I nominate the chase in To Live and Die in L.A.

Whatchagot?
next to the Blues Brothers, that's my #2. 

next to the Blues Brothers, that's my #2. 
William Friedkin, who directly both films, tried to one up the famous car chase in French Connection with the one in To Live and Die in L.A.. I think he succeeded. It was the first wrong way on the freeway chase that I can recall. That has since become a cliche in film.

Does The Italian Job deserve mention? Kind of going off memory of it being good. Also Ronin comes to mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the original Gone in 60 Seconds from the 70's? It may have the longest chase scene ever filmed.

Not a traditional action movie car chase, but "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" deserves some kind of * mention.

Users who are viewing this thread