What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2017 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

Hooper31

Footballguy
Let's start a new thread with wonderful news. In about three hours my all time favorite player should be getting announced as an NFL hall of fame member. 

Kenny Easley was the man.

Seems it would be fitting for him to join another player that had a career cut short due to health in T. Davis. Rooting for both to get the call. 

Before my time in Seattle, but Easley by all accounts was a badmofo.

Current Hawks have a lot of work to do. Schneider needs to hit on this draft.

I am guessing we are similar in age. Easley, Largent, John L Williams, and Krieg (hence the 17 in my user name) are my favorite Seahawks growing up. Had his poster on my wall. He was a straight bad ***, sad his career was cut short. Hope he makes the Hall.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=jgxQdL%2bq&id=5C5CD541FDB45288C1AC7CD9E9633B551171C48A&q=kenny+easley&simid=608051286076620851&selectedIndex=1&ajaxhist=0
I had the same one. Rules. 

Gentlemen, 

I post to bid you adieu. Just deleted my FBG bookmarks. My thoughts about internet message boards have changed through the years. I've gone from being a member, to the lead moderator, to just a guy throwing out his random thoughts. I'm super positive that the boards haven't changed. Yes, I know it's Joe's  cliche, "Same as day one", but I think that's pretty much true. What's changed is me. I'm getting older. I've got much less tolerance for what I perceive to be idiocy. Even if there's only 1% of the active members that are complete idiots, that means we get to deal with a handful of them on a daily basis. I'm far from perfect. I've been wrong from time to time too, but it's the incessant need by the dumbest to be the loudest and continually doubling down on their idiocy I can't seem to look past. Time to move on and find some other interest. It will likely be poker and golf. I've gotten involved in some lobbying efforts here in WA to try and get online poker back in business. We'll see. I've been into this fantasy football thing since 1991. Wife and I are even considering ending our home league that we started that year. 

We've had some good times and bad. Thanks for sharing the journey. Best to all of you. 

--

Shick!

Surprised that they jumped into the free agency pool so quickly, usually they wait for a couple of days. 

Gentlemen, 

I post to bid you adieu. Just deleted my FBG bookmarks. My thoughts about internet message boards have changed through the years. I've gone from being a member, to the lead moderator, to just a guy throwing out his random thoughts. I'm super positive that the boards haven't changed. Yes, I know it's Joe's  cliche, "Same as day one", but I think that's pretty much true. What's changed is me. I'm getting older. I've got much less tolerance for what I perceive to be idiocy. Even if there's only 1% of the active members that are complete idiots, that means we get to deal with a handful of them on a daily basis. I'm far from perfect. I've been wrong from time to time too, but it's the incessant need by the dumbest to be the loudest and continually doubling down on their idiocy I can't seem to look past. Time to move on and find some other interest. It will likely be poker and golf. I've gotten involved in some lobbying efforts here in WA to try and get online poker back in business. We'll see. I've been into this fantasy football thing since 1991. Wife and I are even considering ending our home league that we started that year. 

We've had some good times and bad. Thanks for sharing the journey. Best to all of you. 

--

Shick!
Enjoy the break from the boards, I have taken many. As I get older, I post less and less...and I think my first post was 12 years ago. We enjoy your Seahawk opinions.

Signing an olineman for $8M is splashy for them. 
Have the details come out yet?  I'm pretty certain this is very incentive laden and I suspect this is more like $3M guaranteed with roster bonuses and playing time bonuses.  Still, if he can stay healthy and contribute to the starting lineup he'd be worth it.

Have the details come out yet?  I'm pretty certain this is very incentive laden and I suspect this is more like $3M guaranteed with roster bonuses and playing time bonuses.  Still, if he can stay healthy and contribute to the starting lineup he'd be worth it.
Haven't seen anything yet, but I suspect you are correct. 

$7M of it is guaranteed.

Lang goes to Detroit.

Hmmm.  Not good news.

TE Jared Cook visiting, along with every other free agent RB.

Cook could be interesting with Graham there. Just read they paid Jimmy a roster bonus on Saturday, not sure if they would cut him after that.

As a non-Seahawks fan but interested party owning both Rawls and Prosise, how do you read the Seahawks' free agent RB interest?  The first thing that came to mind is that with Rawls entering free agency after '17, this may be a sign of the team's commitment to Prosise.  But that's just an outsider's view...

Last edited by a moderator:
As a non-Seahawks fan but interested party owning both Rawls and Prosise, how do you read the Seahawks' free agent RB interest?  The first thing that came to mind is that with Rawls entering free agency after '17, this may be a sign of the team's commitment to Prosise.  But that's just an outsider's view...
Prosise comes with some serious injury concerns, he's talented but brittle. I see Seattle backfield turning into a RBBC regardless of Rawls' post 2017 status. 

Ugh, Lacy. And with a big salary number. Why? Why? Whhhyyyyyyyy?
That puts him as #9 in terms of price with three other RBs likely to get around that much (AP, Charles, Murray).  I'm not seeing this as a huge salary, just a huge waistline.  Hopefully he can get down in the 240s like Carroll wants.  Otherwise, it was $3M just put into the local Seattle fast food economy and it still benefits the community.

That puts him as #9 in terms of price with three other RBs likely to get around that much (AP, Charles, Murray).  I'm not seeing this as a huge salary, just a huge waistline.  Hopefully he can get down in the 240s like Carroll wants.  Otherwise, it was $3M just put into the local Seattle fast food economy and it still benefits the community.
That is a very positive way to spin a ####ty signing!

That is a very positive way to spin a ####ty signing!
Why is it bad?  I'm not really hearing the reason yet unless you feel #9 money is too much.  Hopefully this isn't related to everyone's weird fascination with Rawls...

He is fat. He is slow. He is fat. He is slow. It is a horrible signing.

We need another RB, just not a fat and slow one. Would rather take a chance on Charles.

Why do you think it is a good signing?

267? I know he had ankle surgery and was off his feet but Lacy couldn't keep his weight down last year in a contract year. If I were Carroll I'd be happy with something in the 250s

267? I know he had ankle surgery and was off his feet but Lacy couldn't keep his weight down last year in a contract year. If I were Carroll I'd be happy with something in the 250s
Carroll say he wants him "big", but later in the article it said in the 240's. Lots of work to do here.

ex-ghost said:
He is fat. He is slow. He is fat. He is slow. It is a horrible signing.

We need another RB, just not a fat and slow one. Would rather take a chance on Charles.

Why do you think it is a good signing?
Because it's cheap, I don't trust Rawls, and he's only missed 10 games in the past 4 years.  Being fat and slow doesn't mean he can't be effective.  I doubt you would have called Jerome Bettis a bad deal for PIT back in the day.  I think you're giving durability and consistency not enough credit here, especially when you'd prefer Charles and his 8 played games over the past two years.

I guess I can see why Seattle did this. I think they like both Rawls and Prosise but neither has proved they can stay healthy. Part of the signing is insurance and they can see how it all shakes out in preseason and the start of the regular season.

I don't think it's a bad signing yet. My concern is he has a good year...gets paid and then eats himself out of the league.

Because it's cheap, I don't trust Rawls, and he's only missed 10 games in the past 4 years.  Being fat and slow doesn't mean he can't be effective.  I doubt you would have called Jerome Bettis a bad deal for PIT back in the day.  I think you're giving durability and consistency not enough credit here, especially when you'd prefer Charles and his 8 played games over the past two years.
I don't think we can call it "cheap" yet. It seems expensive, but lets see what the market is for AP and Charles. Pretty damn quiet right now for those two.

I don't think we can call it "cheap" yet. It seems expensive, but lets see what the market is for AP and Charles. Pretty damn quiet right now for those two.
With that comment I assume of those three you'd prefer both AP and Charles over Lacy, right?  I think that's the piece I don't understand.  Is it that you think we need insurance or a starter?  I think we need a starter and Lacy can be that RB.

Lacy is still young and I find it hard to believe he has lost his talent, so just a matter of how committed he is to getting in shape and staying there.  Sounds simple enough, but some guys just don't have the self discipline to lay off the midnight nacho's.  The fat kid is fun to watch when he is at the top of his game, so hopefully, he can get it done and not become the Pablo Sandavol of football. 

Well, according to one report the deal is $2.8M guaranteed with incentives and a max of $5.5.  Of course, I assume most of that becomes guaranteed with roster bonuses.  Again, not only is this not expensive but it sounds like we've hedged correctly if he shows up and is really out of shape.

Lacy is still young and I find it hard to believe he has lost his talent, so just a matter of how committed he is to getting in shape and staying there.  Sounds simple enough, but some guys just don't have the self discipline lay off the midnight nacho's.  The fat kid is fun to watch when he is at the top of his game, so hopefully, he can get it done and not become the Pablo Sandavol of football. 
In 2015 he was at 255, had a terrible season and was benched for Starks. He lost weight in the offseason (20 pounds) but during the course of the 2016 season (October) he had put all of the weight back on and was 255-265 estimated. Then he got hurt. The guy has put on weight 3 times now and cannot keep it off. Somehow he gained weight DURING the season. I feel like you have to seriously try to put on 20 pounds between August and October while working out! 

He can be a beast but he weighs more than Cliff Avril. That can't be good. We'll see what he can do but a body that big is not built to last. Good luck

How do the Hawks faithful see Tyler Lockett panning out NFL- and fantasy-wise this year? Still some things to add into the mix depending on how Seattle drafts, but seems locked in no matter what as the team's WR3 behind Baldwin and Kearse.

Lockett is a guy who can electrify anytime he touches the ball, and has flashed in the last two seasons, but never really fully broken out. Part of the reason behind that was the dominance of Baldwin and Kearse and now Jimmy G. holding up their own end of production -- only so many passes to go around. 

I can see Lockett still having a breakout season in front of him -- the talent is there, but is the opportunity? Love the guy and would love to target him as a flyer as I have the last two years, but given the lack of opportunity and consistency, I'm way more risk averse on his ability to finally break through.

Any thoughts?

How do the Hawks faithful see Tyler Lockett panning out NFL- and fantasy-wise this year? Still some things to add into the mix depending on how Seattle drafts, but seems locked in no matter what as the team's WR3 behind Baldwin and Kearse.

Lockett is a guy who can electrify anytime he touches the ball, and has flashed in the last two seasons, but never really fully broken out. Part of the reason behind that was the dominance of Baldwin and Kearse and now Jimmy G. holding up their own end of production -- only so many passes to go around. 

I can see Lockett still having a breakout season in front of him -- the talent is there, but is the opportunity? Love the guy and would love to target him as a flyer as I have the last two years, but given the lack of opportunity and consistency, I'm way more risk averse on his ability to finally break through.

Any thoughts?
Not one of the Hawks faithful but I am a Lockett fan.  I think he was in for a huge break-out game the day he broke his leg.  That game turned into a shoot-out. That being said, I have my concerns with the main one being the injury.  Kind of nasty and complications are always a possibility.  Also a run oriented team with Baldwin, Graham and maybe even Prosise eating into a couple touches...  Some one talk me off the ledge.

Lynch agrees to terms with Raiders. Realistic expectations of trade compensation? Conditional 6th?
That sounds right but I think the way the Raiders executed all of this puts them in a tougher situation.  They need to drive attendance and have been too vocal about Lynch and them getting a deal done.  I don't think Schneider is the type to really put the screws on someone he has a good relationship with but if there was a time he could extract more out of this deal now is the time.

So happy my favorite player gets inducted this coming weekend. I remember fondly those teams from the 80s. DVR set to record the gold jacket ceremony and the speeches. 

For those too young to know The Enforcer I highly recommend you look him up. My favorite Easley story was told by Largent. Largent said that Easley was the only player he ever saw that showed up day one and played like a 10 year veteran. 

:thumbup:

By restructuring Baldwin's contract, more money freed up. Speculation is that Hawks are going to trade for a bigger contract. Any idea who this might be? O lineman?

Users who are viewing this thread