What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Now the 2018 Assistant Coach Thread (1 Viewer)

Gotcha - 'deep' has different meaning user-to-user. Those were my targets near the end of 400+ player drafts, so generally they're available in leagues that others consider 'deep.' I haven't scoured through waivers to create any watch lists yet, but when I do it'll be with that Keller strategy in mind. Once you get down to replacement types like Arrieta and Wainwright I think the matchup and recent performance is more meaningful than the actual pitcher.
I get it.  Baseball leagues are so varied that it's tough to really know the nuances when giving advice.  I appreciate the insight and agree with it.  As you can see this league is extremely pitching reliant so anybody with any upside is gone in hopes they hit the upside because it is that much of a benefit.  I am just in a situation where I have an open roster spot and want to use it on a high floor guy.   I see these two as the best options for that but would also like the most upside as possible.  This league is heavily weighted towards QS and K's.  I am leaning Arrieta hoping his delivery tweak will work and get him back on track and I think his team defense will also be a nice added value to his worth.  

It's also not a league where you can do the normal streaming because each pickup costs real money so it's not realistic to pick up a guy strictly because he has a good matchup this week only (I guess I should have mentioned that earlier).  This is why a guy like Arrieta or Wainwright has some appeal because they should be higher floor guys than some of the other dregs left on the waivers right now.  

Gone.  We are a 12 team dynasty league with 30 man rosters and a 5 spot Minor League system as well.  Starting pitchers also have the biggest upside in scoring so they are always rostered if they have any upside at all.  

Gotcha - 'deep' has different meaning user-to-user. Those were my targets near the end of 400+ player drafts, so generally they're available in leagues that others consider 'deep.' I haven't scoured through waivers to create any watch lists yet, but when I do it'll be with that Keller strategy in mind. Once you get down to replacement types like Arrieta and Wainwright I think the matchup and recent performance is more meaningful than the actual pitcher.
Arrieta actually looked really good.  A QS, 5 K's, 1 ER.  I picked him up over Wainwright which was the right decision so far.  

Arrieta actually looked really good.  A QS, 5 K's, 1 ER.  I picked him up over Wainwright which was the right decision so far.  
Looks like he'll get Pittsburgh and another spin against Milwaukee too. It's weird saying the Brewers are a team to consider streaming against.

Looks like he'll get Pittsburgh and another spin against Milwaukee too. It's weird saying the Brewers are a team to consider streaming against.
I follow a lot of Brewers because I have had Hader the last couple years and their offense is terrible and it shouldn't be.  I just don't understand the problem.  

I follow a lot of Brewers because I have had Hader the last couple years and their offense is terrible and it shouldn't be.  I just don't understand the problem.  
They need Urias to earn the #2 hitter, Hiura to not be Odor, and Bradley's '20 not be a fluke. Gonna take some time for all that to possibly happen though. Neither Urias and Bradley got many reps in March and while as a general rule I don't react much to April baseball...that was an ugly weekend for Hiura.

They need Urias to earn the #2 hitter, Hiura to not be Odor, and Bradley's '20 not be a fluke. Gonna take some time for all that to possibly happen though. Neither Urias and Bradley got many reps in March and while as a general rule I don't react much to April baseball...that was an ugly weekend for Hiura.
I think they have some streaky guys like Hiura, Garcia, Shaw, and even Yellich.  It seems like they are either all hitting and they boat race people or none of them are and they can't score a run.  They don't have that consistent guy (Cain is kind of that guy but he isn't enough as he is aging) that kind of keeps them going when someone is on the downswing.  I just don't think their offensive lineup is put together very well.  

Not sure if anyone will see this at this time of year, but figure Id see if anyone had thoughts on keepers for next year as opposed to waiting until the season is close. 10 auction keeper league (260 budget), scoring R/HR/RBI/SB/OBP/SLG IP/L/SV/ERA/WHIP/K9. Keep up to 6, price increases 5 first two years kept, then ten every year after (undrafted FAs kept at 15).

I feel like the following guys can be considered in some capacity. Price and years will reflect the price kept next year and number of years kept if I keep them).

Spencer Strider $20/ would be 2nd year kept
Luis Castillo $31/ would be 4th year kept
Sonny Gray $6/ 1st year kept
Hunter Greene $14/ 1st year kept

Ozzie Albies $23/ 1st year kept
Gunnar Henderson $26/ 1st year kept
Matt McLain $15/ 1st year kept
Julio Rodriguez $23/ 2nd year kept
Corbin Carroll $20/ 2nd year kept
Jorge Soler $15/ 1st year kept
Marcell Ozuna $15/ 1st year

Open to any thoughts.

Getting back into a baseball mindset and need some help.

12 team H2H 6X6. Keep 7

My solid keepers are Turner (6th), Adolis Garcia (10th),Austin Riley (15th), Bobby Miller (15th), and Nico Hoerner (18th).

Then maybe 2 of Joe Musgrove in the 8th, Ian Happ in the 7th, Jorge Soler in the 12th, Nolan Gorman in the 12th, Trevor Story in the 18th, or Braxton Garrett in the 18th.

Another option would be keeping less and maybe trading away a "keeper slot"- but I'm not positive what the market for that would be right now.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread