What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (2 Viewers)

Anyone have a dynasty value on him? I'm in more of a win now window and he isnt hitting my starting lineup this year 

Someone like Edelman, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, or Alshon in the ballpark?

Anyone have a dynasty value on him? I'm in more of a win now window and he isnt hitting my starting lineup this year 

Good buy low, but you not going to get anything for him unless you have one of his family members in your league. The only hope is a QB change (which may not help) or he gets traded to another team.

I'd trade those guys if I'm building for him. But I'm a blind Titans Homer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd trade those guys if I'm building for him. But I'm a blind Titans Homer. 
Yeah, that is my thinking. Anyone who isnt a contender this year should think that level of WRvproduction is worth the risk. 

Its wr2/3 turn production for a blue chip prospect. 

I picked up Davis as a free agent this week.  I hope to watch him play with Tannehill a couple of games before deciding whether to cut him.

Not even close. I bailed off season and couldn't be happier.

I think he blows up this  week. The ATL secondary is terrible. Brissett refused to throw an incompletion last week.

I personally had to drop him for a kicker. And while he may blow up and be a hot waiver pickup next week, the schedule is not good: BUF, @DEN, LAC. All teams with a matchup CB to throw on Davis.

Finally unloaded him in my dynasty. Had acquired A.J. Brown and couldn’t bear to have two Titan pass catchers wasting away on my roster. I think CD could thrive nicely as a teams number two, but just doesn’t seem to have the alpha dog vibe to be the man. With that being said since I got rid of him I sure he turns things around or gets traded to a great situation.

Finally unloaded him in my dynasty. Had acquired A.J. Brown and couldn’t bear to have two Titan pass catchers wasting away on my roster. I think CD could thrive nicely as a teams number two, but just doesn’t seem to have the alpha dog vibe to be the man. With that being said since I got rid of him I sure he turns things around or gets traded to a great situation.
can you share what you got for him?

can you share what you got for him?
League for 20 years....only two owner changes...knew the other guy liked him...don’t really sweat value too much but wanted to unload him since I have AJ....got what I anticipate being a early 2020 2nd (he is in last now....12 teams...sorry so many words)

Corey Davis corralled 5-of-6 targets for 91 yards and one score in Tennessee's Week 4 win over the Falcons.

Tennessee's entire receiving room were afterthoughts to A.J. Brown (3/94/2) and Davis as Marcus Mariota exploited the duo's matchups against hapless CBs Desmond Trufant and Isaiah Oliver. It was an encouraging outing for Davis, but fantasy players need to mitigate their expectations moving forward as Tennessee's No. 1 wideout has seemingly failed to exist behind Delanie Walker (1/4) and Brown in competitive game scripts. A poor performance from the 24-year-old against Tre'Davious White and Buffalo's secondary should be expected next week.

Sep 29, 2019, 5:36 PM ET

Corey Davis caught 6-of-7 targets for 80 yards and one touchdown in the Titans' Week 7 win over the Chargers.

The receptions (6) and targets (7) were both season-highs. Davis and new starter Ryan Tannehill had chemistry over the middle all game long. In the red zone, Davis worked his way into an open space for his second touchdown of 2019. This was a good first step for Davis, but he's not somebody to fully trust quite yet. It's still the Titans offense. With that said, the Bucs are on the schedule next, so Davis will be a WR3/4 option.

Oct 20, 2019, 8:13 PM ET

Kicking myself for not taking a flier on him this week after waivers ran. Strongly considered it today and went with Jacobi Myers.  :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was assured that Davis is a bust!!!

I didn't see the entire game, but he looked pretty good on his targets.  We didn't get to see him making contested catches with Mariota behind center.

They ran a lot of comeback routes. It was odd but clearly a good idea to help new Tannehill and WRs get out of a funk.

AJ showed strong hands and my ball on a few catches, Davis had awesome concentration on one Tannehill zinged in and a nice run after the catch after another.

I'd pick up AJ if anyone.

They should have another winnable game this week

They ran a lot of comeback routes. It was odd but clearly a good idea to help new Tannehill and WRs get out of a funk.

AJ showed strong hands and my ball on a few catches, Davis had awesome concentration on one Tannehill zinged in and a nice run after the catch after another.

I'd pick up AJ if anyone.

They should have another winnable game this week
I'd pick up both of them.

They both finally got more targets - the targets they deserve.

Garbage Mariota kept targeting Walker, Humphries and Lewis incessantly. 

If Davis and AJ are going to get 7-9 targets a game they should both produce.  That remains to be seen, but they both have the talent to produce if given the opportunity.

I'd pick up both of them.

They both finally got more targets - the targets they deserve.

Garbage Mariota kept targeting Walker, Humphries and Lewis incessantly. 

If Davis and AJ are going to get 7-9 targets a game they should both produce.  That remains to be seen, but they both have the talent to produce if given the opportunity.
Maybe, but it's a bit odd to be excited over Tanny. I want to be, I sooo want to be.

The post game comments are crediting Humphries with gaining the Chargers attention and that they had a rookie LB that couldn't possibly stay with him.

Jonnu got some love.

The scouts I follow didn't rate either WR favorably and reasoned it as not being open at the catch point in their routes but a few times. 

Brown is becoming a name or somesuch. I think the move might be to go with the WR that is NOT viewed as the #1 by the defense. Brown is 6-5, 250 and all sorts of incorrect things on twitter. 

Davis ran Walker's route on that TD. It was real interesting because when Taywan and Sharpe were starting, Brown first mixed in learning Delanie's role and they developed a so called big offense. We had no knowledge of Davis in Delanie's role. Brown is great at boxing out on his routes, so he makes a lot of sense as a spot fill-in the D wouldn't expect.

Sharpe keeps doing well in extremely limited snaps. Some think he deserves more and he probably does during those quarter long stretches where Davis is invisible. 

Anyway....that's all I got, hope it helps

Maybe, but it's a bit odd to be excited over Tanny. I want to be, I sooo want to be.

The post game comments are crediting Humphries with gaining the Chargers attention and that they had a rookie LB that couldn't possibly stay with him.

Jonnu got some love.

The scouts I follow didn't rate either WR favorably and reasoned it as not being open at the catch point in their routes but a few times. 

Brown is becoming a name or somesuch. I think the move might be to go with the WR that is NOT viewed as the #1 by the defense. Brown is 6-5, 250 and all sorts of incorrect things on twitter. 

Davis ran Walker's route on that TD. It was real interesting because when Taywan and Sharpe were starting, Brown first mixed in learning Delanie's role and they developed a so called big offense. We had no knowledge of Davis in Delanie's role. Brown is great at boxing out on his routes, so he makes a lot of sense as a spot fill-in the D wouldn't expect.

Sharpe keeps doing well in extremely limited snaps. Some think he deserves more and he probably does during those quarter long stretches where Davis is invisible. 

Anyway....that's all I got, hope it helps
Agreed - I'm not excited about Tanny at all - but at least he seems to throw the ball and give the WRs a chance.

Brown is a beast - he pops off the screen and does use his body really well.  I think the Titans agree that the small dropoff (if there is one) from Davis to Brown is always less than the dropoff between CB1 and CB2, so Brown gets the better matchups.

I think Sharpe is terrible, but he is getting targets too. At least his snaps are trending down while AJ's trend up.

Corey Davis (illness) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

It could very well be nothing, but it's at least worth monitoring heading into the weekend if his illness tends to linger. Delanie Walker (ankle) was expectedly sidelined for practice, too. Davis should be fully entrusted as a WR3 against Tampa Bay's pass funnel if he's good to go for Week 8.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 23, 2019, 3:45 PM ET

he reverted to exactly what he has done practically his entire career...stink
P U! Stink

He will be the first to see the DROP pile.

I've drank this juice like 2-3 times before and never hit on him. Thing is, he only hit like a total of single digits in his whole career so far. STINK!

Did anyone see this game? Was it a bad offensive game plan? Did Davis have many drops? AJ was only targeted 3 times and was only saved from a fantasy perspective by his TD catch.  

Corey Davis was sick all week. He may still be a bust but I was just curious why the ball distribution was so skewed. I only saw the last few minutes where the Buccaneers got robbed of a defensive TD that would have probably given them the victory.  I am trying to decide on whether to keep him or AJ in 1 league as a WR4/5. Doesn't matter too much because they will barely see the field but I am hoping there are some Titans fans who can give a scouting report.

Corey Davis caught 4-of-5 targets for 48 yards in the Titans' Week 9 loss to the Panthers.

Davis appeared to tack on a long DPI penalty in the second half, though it was undone by an offsetting Titans infraction. Struggling for consistency or big plays no matter who is under center for the Titans, the 2017 first-rounder is on pace for just 50/665/4 with nine games in the books. He has cleared 50 yards twice. Davis will be a low upside WR4 for Week 10 against the Chiefs.

Nov 3, 2019, 5:53 PM ET

Corey Davis (hip) is doubtful for the Titans' Week 10 matchup against the Chiefs.

Davis' absence could *finally* result in a featured role for stud rookie A.J. Brown, who has demonstrated tantalizing ability at different points throughout the season. Still, this might not be the spot to expect too big of a boom week. The Chiefs Defense has been significantly better against the pass (No. 4 in DVOA) than the run (No. 28) through nine weeks and are one of just seven defenses to allow fewer than 30 PPR per game to the WR position.

SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:45 PM ET

Corey Davis (hip) wasn't listed on the Titans' final injury report.

Both Davis and A.J. Brown have demonstrated the ability to operate at a high level this season, but consistent targets have been incredibly hard to come by. The Titans are still a run-first offense at their core: Tannehill attempted 19 total passes in the Titans' Week 10 win over the Chiefs. The potential return of Delanie Walker (ankle, doubtful) throws a wrench in this entire situation. It doesn't seem particularly likely that the Titans go too far out of their way to throw the ball against a Jaguars Defense that has been significantly better against the pass (No. 11 in DVOA) than the run (No. 30) this season.

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 2:18 PM ET

Both Fournette and Henry have been very good this season. The Titans have to take shots like the Jags do. Yeah run often, but they gotta take some shots. 

Ramsey rarely covered Davis. He covered Taywan in 2018 and AJ often the first game. 

There's not a whole lot of reason to think Davis improves this week. They've said all year that the WR routes are too long and take far too long but haven't fixed it. Maybe they did on the bye, maybe. Most of the talk I hear involves Humphries though

Crickets in here. Is anyone holding him for the playoff stretch?

I've got a bye and picked him up last week specifically for his week 15 matchup vs the HOU secondary. TN also faces @OAK this week which theoretically is a good matchup.

That said, his performance last week wasn't that inspiring.

In a world where other options on the wire include A. Tate, Z. Pascal, and A. Lazard I'm torn if C. Davis is worth hanging onto. TN probably content to just pound D. Henry from this point on while taking a shot here or there, but sticking to a low volume, conservative passing attack.

Users who are viewing this thread