Dynasty & Redraft: WR Corey “Saly” Davis, Jets

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's going to be a wr1 in a few weeks.  Yahoo said my WRs were weak eff them

The film does not lie.  Corey Davis should have had 130+ yards and 3 TDs.  Mariota missed him on two would have been TDs. https://streamable.com/qef5h On this play the defense went off sides

That was a quick turn around

17 hours ago, popeye said:

Davis is like lime jello.  You don't really want it, but in a pinch - no wait, you don't want it.

Yet sometimes lime jello is the best tasting food you can get if you're in the hospital. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Yet sometimes lime jello is the best tasting food you can get if you're in the hospital. 

Exactly - so the JohnnyU/Popeye ProTip for all FBGs :  on draft day if you not feeling well and/or you are heavily medicated Corey Davis is your pick.

Titans placed Corey Davis on the active/PUP list.

This offseason, the Titans declined their fifth-year team option on Davis, although team reporter Jim Wyatt noted the coaching staff still "really likes" Davis. It's unclear why he's beginning training camp on the PUP list, but it's not the start Davis dynasty holders were hoping for. Assuming it's a short-term issue, Davis is expected to be the distant No. 2 receiver behind second-year stud A.J. Brown in 2020. Davis is off the radar in standard-sized leagues but can be drafted as a flier in deep bestball leagues.

SOURCE: Tennesseetitans.com

Jul 28, 2020, 5:39 PM ET

15 hours ago, Faust said:

Titans placed Corey Davis on the active/PUP list.

This offseason, the Titans declined their fifth-year team option on Davis, although team reporter Jim Wyatt noted the coaching staff still "really likes" Davis. It's unclear why he's beginning training camp on the PUP list, but it's not the start Davis dynasty holders were hoping for. Assuming it's a short-term issue, Davis is expected to be the distant No. 2 receiver behind second-year stud A.J. Brown in 2020. Davis is off the radar in standard-sized leagues but can be drafted as a flier in deep bestball leagues.

SOURCE: Tennesseetitans.com

Jul 28, 2020, 5:39 PM ET

Don't own him, but I'm somewhat baffled by Davis.  I thought he would be better than he is.  WRs are so hard to gauge.  Plus, you can't measure the heart.

• Like 1
On 7/29/2020 at 8:28 AM, JohnnyU said:

Don't own him, but I'm somewhat baffled by Davis.  I thought he would be better than he is.  WRs are so hard to gauge.  Plus, you can't measure the heart.

He came into the league injured. I don't know if he has been the same since.

Her got a pass by me and a lot of evaluators on the combine metrics because of the injury and then the very high draft position. I remembered feeling good about it just based on his college play and no worries. He came from a lower level of competition in college too, so what I saw him doing didn't get tested as much as it does in the NFL or better college defenses.

The only thing I can learn from it is to be wary of players coming into the league injured, but of course thats a double edged sword as well. That is sometimes how you get bargains.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Titans insider Paul Kuharsky reports Corey Davis (active/PUP) had offseason toe surgery.

Having said that, Davis is still reportedly "on course" for the regular season. It's an injury Davis apparently played through last year before finally going under the knife this offseason. Davis isn't an option in most recreational fantasy leagues but this does explain his decline across the board. He's worth hanging onto in dynasty if only for his inevitable change of scenery in 2021 after having his fifth-year team option declined over the summer.

SOURCE: PaulKuharsky.com

Aug 7, 2020, 9:13 AM ET

7 minutes ago, Faust said:

Expected rough rookie year in 2017 and had almost 900 yards and 4 TDs his 2nd year (not terrible), so if injuries caused issues in 2019 he probably wouldn't have done much worse than 2018.  I hear he has more issues than just a toe injuries however.  

• Like 1

Titans WR Corey Davis was taken off the team's active/PUP list. 

Davis had offseason toe surgery after playing through the injury in 2019 while recording a career high 14 yards per catch on 43 receptions. Davis should benefit this year from opposing secondaries focusing on A.J. Brown, though it's hard to see him emerging as a fantasy starter in traditional leagues as the No. 2 receiver in a run-heavy Tennessee offense. Davis isn't being drafted in 12-team leagues.   

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter 

Aug 17, 2020, 11:11 AM ET

I just got him in the 17th round. I'm not a fan, I avoid him, but geesh he is a starter and at some point that has value.

Now I see Humphries available in the final round and I got these homer thoughts, him in Tampa, ugh him in TEN, and ...I will go elsewhere just because. 

I think we've come full circle though and people might need to consider Davis and Humphries. The 17th round surely puts this in a whole different perspective

1 hour ago, Bri said:

I just got him in the 17th round. I'm not a fan, I avoid him, but geesh he is a starter and at some point that has value.

Now I see Humphries available in the final round and I got these homer thoughts, him in Tampa, ugh him in TEN, and ...I will go elsewhere just because. 

I think we've come full circle though and people might need to consider Davis and Humphries. The 17th round surely puts this in a whole different perspective

Yeah I grabbed him in the 16th of a startup back in the spring. He's my WR6 at this point and an easy cut if he stinks. If he turns it around he's a great bench piece or trade chip that I got practically for free.

• Like 1

retained him at the minimum for three years.

he was sort of on my bubble before that, but i didn't expect everyone to pass on him. thought i'd have to at least give 3-5% of the cap...

small-ish rosters in 12 team league but at that price, i think i'll find the space.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Undrafted in 12 teamer tonight 

Undrafted in a 16 team league. He played through a toe injury last year. I could see him having a little bounce back, especially if AJ gets covered by  the best cover CB each week.

Corey Davis (hamstring) was limited at Thursday's practice.

The Athletic’s John Glennon notes it’s the same hamstring injury Davis has played with the last few seasons. Davis is still expected to play in Week 1. We’ll know more when the Titans release their injury report.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Sep 11, 2020, 9:45 AM ET

I bet they lean towards him not playing rather than it nagging him. They really like their depth WRs and cut two the Pats picked right up. Midseason, it'd be questionable if they're in rhythm but right after camp....

All incidications are he'll play but I'm not using him in dfs

Corey Davis (hamstring) is questionable for Week 1 against the Broncos.

Davis practiced in full on Friday and Saturday, so he'll be active for the season opener assuming he doesn't have a setback. With the Titans getting A.J. Brown to show up as a true No. 1 receiver, Davis' fantasy appeal is weak in standard-sized leagues. 

Sep 12, 2020, 3:40 PM ET

Corey Davis (hamstring) is active for Week 1 against the Broncos.

Davis was questionable but will be out there to see his handful of touches behind Derrick Henry and A.J. Brown, and maybe even Jonnu Smith. He’s not a recommended play. Also out for the Titans are RB Darryton Evans, OLB Vic Beasley, OLB Derick Roberson, TE Geoff Swaim, DL Larrell Murchison, OG Jamil Douglas, and WR Nick Westbrook.

Sep 14, 2020, 9:01 PM ET

@BobbyLayne  if you are referencing King of Kong, I have some interesting back story on that, Billy I think is the DK Player, he and his family owned a successful wing chain in the Ft Laud/Broward area, we sorta figured it out on accident when he came out of the kitchen one day...Ricky's or Rickey's was the name of it, not sure if they are all closed now. This was like 8-10 years ago, it's been a while, the documentary is something hard to describe with the OCD or personality issues in it. 

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Don't look now but Corey Davis went 7-101-0 last night, for 17.10 PPR points.

Not bad for a guy on your wire.

7 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Sell High

Smash the sell button for everything you can.  His best game of the year

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

@BobbyLayne  if you are referencing King of Kong, I have some interesting back story on that, Billy I think is the DK Player, he and his family owned a successful wing chain in the Ft Laud/Broward area, we sorta figured it out on accident when he came out of the kitchen one day...Ricky's or Rickey's was the name of it, not sure if they are all closed now. This was like 8-10 years ago, it's been a while, the documentary is something hard to describe with the OCD or personality issues in it. 

Billy Mitchell is indeed the reigning King Of Kong in the documentary. Sounds right that he'd be the son of a successful owner of a wing stand chain. He promotes his own hot/wing sauce in the movie.

Great documentary. So aggravating in all respects, such a riveting story for the everyman.

Now, Corey Davis. He's never going to get the volume you want with Tennessee. What you hope is to hold and then he goes to a new club now that they refused the option on his contract. I don't think you'll get much for him in a firesale. Maybe a third in dynasty, if you're lucky. 

• Like 1

By the way, my tongue is planted firmly in cheek here. Corey Davis sounds like a prime regression to his career mean candidate unless something has really changed in TN. I can hope, though. 

no real upside to selling right now. best you'll get is what, WR40 price or so? doesn't seem worth it yet.

i'm gonna hold and see if the turf toe was really holding him back last year and/or hope he keeps capitalizing as teams gameplan for AJ brown. if he's sitting around 60-80 ypg by week 3 or 4, then maybe i'll move him for a bit more than i'd get now.

for my eyeballs, though, he looked a lot more athletic last night and had much more separation than anything i saw last year. color me hopeful...

Corey Davis (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.

A.J. Brown (knee) was limited, so the Titans only had four wideouts really participate in practice. Davis had a big Week 1, securing seven of his team-high eight targets for 101 yards. He was listed as questionable with a hamstring issue going into that one, but Davis played 81% of the snaps. Perhaps the Titans are just managing his reps less than 48 hours after the win.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Sep 16, 2020, 3:53 PM ET

He had a toughness to his game we've never seen from him in the NFL. 

He wasted so much time playing patty-cake with pressing corners....this is different, far better.

A few weeks of this and we might see him gain some confidence and....I'm real hopeful this wasn't a fluke

• Like 5

Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith said Denver's coverage "dictated" some throws to WR Corey Davis on Monday night. 

Davis, who didn't practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury, brought in seven balls on eight yards for 101 yards in the season opener. A.J. Brown also saw eight targets, ending with 39 scoreless yards on five receptions. Smith seemed to indicate Davis was left with much more favorable coverage than Brown (and other pass catchers), prompting Ryan Tannehill to throw the ball his way against the Broncos. It's something to keep in mind as fantasy managers set their Week 2 lineups. The entire Titans offense has a favorable Week 2 matchup against Jacksonville.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Corey Davis (hamstring) returned to Titans practice Thursday, getting in a limited session. 

It's just in the nick of time for the Titans, who appear as if they will be missing A.J. Brown (knee) for Week 2 against the Jaguars. Davis' big game against the Broncos was one of Week 1's most surprising performances, but now they will need it to be more than an aberration. If Brown does indeed sit, Davis will enter the usage-based WR3 conversation. 

Sep 17, 2020, 4:44 PM ET

• Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: WR Corey “Saly” Davis, Jets