Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Corey Davis - N.Y. Jets

Ramsey really going to be playing hard while this just came out

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Jalen Ramsey "doesn't anticipate" being a member of the Jaguars beyond Week 3.

Ramsey's trade request stems from conflict with executive VP Tom Coughlin. Why the Jaguars would expose their star to injury on Thursday night if they intend on trading him immediately after is beyond our comprehension, though it appears Ramsey will be in uniform versus Tennessee. Per Anderson, the Chiefs, Eagles Raiders, Ravens, Seahawks and Vikings have been the most aggressive in their pursuit of Ramsey, though "almost every team" has at least called the Jaguars to gauge his availability. Jacksonville is reportedly seeking a king's ransom for Ramsey, eying a pair of first-rounders as compensation for the two-time Pro Bowler.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 1:38 PM ET

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The film does not lie.  Corey Davis should have had 130+ yards and 3 TDs.  Mariota missed him on two would have been TDs. https://streamable.com/qef5h On this play the defense went off sides

He's going to be a wr1 in a few weeks.  Yahoo said my WRs were weak eff them

That was a quick turn around

30 minutes ago, trader jake said:

At this point, will Ramsey even (primarily) be up against Davis?

I'm not sure but his best game vs an AFC South team was against Houston 4-96-1 and 5-55.  Yikes.  Jacksonville and Indy haven't been too kind.

4 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I'm not sure but his best game vs an AFC South team was against Houston 4-96-1 and 5-55.  Yikes.  Jacksonville and Indy haven't been too kind.

I guess they could see him not worthy of being shadowed but there’s no way Ramsey is shadowing a different Tenn receiver. He’s still the #1 guy there. And to be fair and sum up most of his season last year, both Indy games were primarily Gabbert. And the Jags games one was started by Gabbert before he was knocked out and replaced by gimpy Mariota and the other they just had to hand to ball to Henry to win so that’s all they did. Unfortunately that game script hasn’t changed much so far this year. 25 targets for all Tenn wrs combined through 2 games. Obviously you’d have to really be in a tough spot to start him tonight.

1 hour ago, Cobbler1 said:

Just bought for Rivers and Tate. He’s only 24. Ramsey about to leave the division. Hopefully Mariota is next.

Ramsey leaving the division is huge. It was posted here earlier how he faced elite corners at a larger % than other wrs, but its becuase his division is very difficult. Ramsey leaving is a huge development 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Didn't watch the game.... what % of plays was Ramsay on him?

Eh, to be honest I didn’t pay a ton of attention. I noticed a couple plays where he followed him across the formation. But Ramsey def got on other guys too- I remember him on Brown on an incompletion early and on Sharpe on a long reception.

1 minute ago, kittenmittens said:

Jaxonville just played their sides.  Seemed about 50/50 but Ramsey didn't follow anyone. 

Ahhh.  Was wondering how much Davis would move around. Titans looked so promising after week 1 and now seem like a mess.  Wanted to see if Davis might have a good game or do something when rams wasn't on him. Guess not though. 

6 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Ahhh.  Was wondering how much Davis would move around. Titans looked so promising after week 1 and now seem like a mess.  Wanted to see if Davis might have a good game or do something when rams wasn't on him. Guess not though. 

He made a great one handed catch... Then fumbled.  The passing scheme is just terrible.  Tajae Sharpe got a lot of looks... 

Corey Davis caught 3-of-4 targets for 44 yards in the Titans' Week 3 loss to the Jaguars.

One of his grabs was a highlight-reel one-hander. Depressingly, the 44 yards were a new season high for Davis. The third-year pro had to contend with Jalen Ramsey's shadow for part of the evening. Especially with rookie A.J. Brown showing promise, Davis lacks weekly WR4 appeal in the Titans' run-first offense. An Atlanta road trip is on tap for Week 4.

Sep 20, 2019, 12:02 AM ET

29 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'm convinced hes notna bad wr, and much of his shortcomings stem from horrible play calling/philosophy and bottom of the barrell qb play

It's a high school offensive gameplan. horrible

Both teams kept running like every first down and taking a 5 yard loss. Embarrassing.  Get analytics department.  You look like baseball teams insisting that batting average matters. 

• Like 1

Corey Davis is the reason you draft more for situation in redraft and more for talent in dynasty.  As the #5 overall pick, his career per game average thus far is 3/44, which is exactly what he got last night.  And he has only 4 TD's through 31 games.

14 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Corey Davis is the reason you draft more for situation in redraft and more for talent in dynasty.  As the #5 overall pick, his career per game average thus far is 3/44, which is exactly what he got last night.  And he has only 4 TD's through 31 games.

Is that true? Wow. 

15 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

Did Mariota always look this bad? He doesnt set his feet, short arms the ball, his shoulders aren't in line with where he's throwing. He's just a mess. Seems like he looked scared of getting hurt more than anything. 

Did you notice how bad the offensive line was?  Dan Marino wouldn't have done any better last night.

3 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Did Mariota always look this bad? He doesnt set his feet, short arms the ball, his shoulders aren't in line with where he's throwing. He's just a mess. Seems like he looked scared of getting hurt more than anything. 

no. I recall getting a lot of grief in here following his rookie season for saying he wasnt the real deal. then I drank the koolaid thinking I was wrong and was all in following his broken leg. 

turns out I should have went with my first impression. He cant be the best qb on the roster... I'm sure there are FA who are better even

Edited by Dr. Dan

Value probably cant get lower. offered him straight up for Chris Thompson as I have a major rb need. declined. Guy has some serious needs all over (example: andrew luck victim... hes between keenum and mariota now). but be damned if he doesnt hang onto Chris Thompson for the year :lol:

#worstleaguetotradein #neednewowners

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Value probably cant get lower. offered him straight up for Chris Thompson as I have a major rb need. declined. Guy has some serious needs all over (example: andrew luck victim... hes between keenum and mariota now). but be damned if he doesnt hang onto Chris Thompson for the year :lol:

#worstleaguetotradein #neednewowners

All my leagues feel like this. I think people are just hard to trade with unless bowling them over. Everyone wants to win the deal vs. deals that improve both teams. Also trying to trade a distressed asset like Davis is near impossible. Better to hold him until he has a good game.

Edited by Gandalf
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

All my leagues feel like this. I think people are just hard to trade with unless bowling them over. Everyone wants to win the deal vs. deals that improve both teams. Also trying to trade a distressed asset like Davis is near impossible. Better to hold him until he has a good game.

Same here in my main league. It's never been a trading league, but I'm going out of my way to make sure trades work projection and common sense-wise for both teams. I'm barely getting responses. It's frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: WR Corey Davis - N.Y. Jets