What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (1 Viewer)

Wow. Some pretty high expectations for this kid! I just dumped Stills for him and tossed him in my lineup. Week 9 byes are KILLING me.

Fam.

Titans coach Mike Mularkey says Corey Davis (hamstring) is "good to go" for Sunday's game with Baltimore.

Davis got in a full week of practice coming off Tennessee's bye. He'll start Sunday for the first time since the season opener. Davis isn't expected to be on a snap count, but may not have an every-down role after missing the last six games. With Delanie Walker questionable, Davis could lead the Titans in Week 9 targets.

Davis will absolutely be "on a snap count." (expression) Frisman Jackson, Harry Douglas, and the trainer will all be meeting with him on the sideline when the D is on the field. Mularkey (and everyone really) has talked a bunch how he's afraid he pushed him too hard, over-eager rookie, coach should have known to reel him in.

Today, Mularkey just said he won't get 60 snaps (They play about 70). There is no actual number but all the concern that goes with the FF expression is there.

Delanie was limited but did practice today. If Delanie sits, I would bet $ it's not 100% Jonnu filling in but Davis doing some of Delanie's routes from his spot. If ya don't watch the Titans, Delanie is not always right next to the RT. Sometimes he is a couple yards to the side, sometimes in the slot, sometimes he starts in the backfield then shifts out. 

In week 1 they ran this stupid high school offense which showed up again 4-5 weeks later. Diagonally a yard or so outside and behind the TEs were the WRs like high school split ends. It's awful. It's horrible. It brings everyone in the free world to the center of the field and I hate it. It's a package though and Delanie and Davis played the same WR spot in it. From (again) almost behind the TE, they take off either to the sideline then up or straight up the middle. Clearly, the Titans think those two will beat anyone they're matched up with in a foot race or an over the middle muscle for the ball contest. 

The Titans run a two TE offense and only have three TEs. If Delanie is out (only practiced Friday) and they've been coy, they did NOT make a move to a sign a TE.

So again, if Delanie sits, I'd strongly predict that Davis plays his role some

First game back vs Ravens defense... which is more concerning (or is it both)?

I just took a look at the Ravens schedule so far, and wondering why they don't have the #1 pass defense; CIN, CLE, JAX, PIT, OAK, CHI, MIN, MIA

They did hold down AJ Green, but so did the Colts. Throttled Antonio Brown, but it was a "Big Ben on the road" game. OAK may have been the biggest challenge they faced and Crabtree had a real good game against them. The rest are just collectively subpar (being polite).

I'm a bit more nervous about the first game back... playing limited snaps in the 2nd half... maybe even a game where TEN can really commit to running the ball and controlling things.

Right now I am facing the same move as oddsbodkins above... CD or Demaryius... excitedly leaning towards the former, but feel slightly more comfortable with the latter. Where's that 2-headed coin?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting DT over Davis and I haven't even given it a second thought. I think everyone in here is half insane but I like it.
:lol:

Well...I am diagnosed full on insane...and like it too!

But, to the point, I am still debating between Jeffery, Agholor (Denver D for both), Adams (good match-up on paper, but Hundley :( ), P. Richardson (hot, but WAS is no pushover either), Maclin (meh) &..........DAVIS, as my #3 WR this week.

IRT to Dizzy's post, I am less concerned with this being CD's 1st week back (look at Week 1), than I am with the Raven's D.

Oh well, the decision will be made soon enough.  :ph34r:

First game back vs Ravens defense... which is more concerning (or is it both)?

I just took a look at the Ravens schedule so far, and wondering why they don't have the #1 pass defense; CIN, CLE, JAX, PIT, OAK, CHI, MIN, MIA

They did hold down AJ Green, but so did the Colts. Throttled Antonio Brown, but it was a "Big Ben on the road" game. OAK may have been the biggest challenge they faced and Crabtree had a real good game against them. The rest are just collectively subpar (being polite).

I'm a bit more nervous about the first game back... playing limited snaps in the 2nd half... maybe even a game where TEN can really commit to running the ball and controlling things.

Right now I am facing the same move as oddsbodkins above... CD or Demaryius... excitedly leaning towards the former, but feel slightly more comfortable with the latter. Where's that 2-headed coin?
I am pretty nervous too: tough matchup, possible snap count, potential to aggravate injury, an offense that hasn't been clicking. However, there are  a lot of bye weeks so I am rolling the dice on his talent. 

Bye week time is probably not the best week for his comeback, but what can you do. If I had DT or someone like him I'd probably also play it safe for this week, but since most of my other wideouts are on bye or named Sammy Watkins I'll just believe in his talent and hope he can put up respectable WR2 numbers even in a limited role. Pretty much exactly what he did in week 1. 

Agreed. Risky but perhaps worthwhile.

He's in for me over Decker, Taywan Taylor (I happen to have 5 Titans on offense in that league) and fleener in a dynasty; in over Derrick Henry, Curtis Samuel and Austin Hooper in redraft.

Choo-choo :excited:

Bloom looks to be high on Corey Davis today. There's a sense of WR #1 for TEN moving forward. A weapon Mariota will find and bring back into the mix.

He sits on one of our benches this week... Bad match up and limited play. I'm on a watch n' see and hoping for good things. Pull the trigger today?

Where does he rank with players like: Tate, Cooper, TY, Jordy?

I have him in over Davante Adams right now...it seems like the right thing to do since I'm playing the guy who just cut Davis this week, heh.  

Hoping for 12ish PPR points

I got him in over Eman, as well. Looking for 10 pt floor in PPR, but hopeful he catches a td to push that little higher.

Bloom looks to be high on Corey Davis today. There's a sense of WR #1 for TEN moving forward. A weapon Mariota will find and bring back into the mix.

He sits on one of our benches this week... Bad match up and limited play. I'm on a watch n' see and hoping for good things. Pull the trigger today?

Where does he rank with players like: Tate, Cooper, TY, Jordy?
Behind those guys for this week, probably rest of season.

I love my Titans, love Mariota. But let's not pretend the offense is likely to produce a ff wr1 this year. Could happen but unlikely. 

I love my Titans, love Mariota. But let's not pretend the offense is likely to produce a ff wr1 this year. Could happen but unlikely. 
True and I say the same about the Colts and Packers offenses right now. 

Its a tall order for sure.

I do think Davis has that kind of upside though. The offense does make that more of an obstacle than some other teams would but I think Davis is capable of changing that.

Not sure about this year or not. 

I have him in over Davante Adams right now...it seems like the right thing to do since I'm playing the guy who just cut Davis this week, heh.  

Hoping for 12ish PPR points
love it, great move. Traded for Tyrod this week and started him against the guy who traded him. It felt doubly satisfying. I hope you get the same satisfaction!

Its a tall order for sure.

I do think Davis has that kind of upside though. The offense does make that more of an obstacle than some other teams would but I think Davis is capable of changing that.

Not sure about this year or not. 
Agreed with all. And I do think the offense will shift more into one that will produce two good WRs. I'm betting on that being Davis and Taylor.

In the Demaryius vs Davis conundrum, I believe I am going to stick with DT... I've convinced myself that he is in line for a decent fantasy day in either of two scenarios;

1) Broncos cannot run AT ALL on Philly (likely) but will be able to attack the secondary - as others have.... or;

2) Philly gets out to a big lead at home and Brock turns in a nice garbage time performance with DT receiving the bulk of that.

I assume DEN would love to run the ball 50 times and pass it less than 20, but I just cannot see that happening against that run defense at home.

Having said that, I hope Corey Davis blows up today... good luck to those with the major attachments it takes to start him.

FWIW - that's my re-re-revised take..; and that - along with $6.00 - will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Debating on the start...

I know not the approporiate forum but it's between him and Sanu.  Who would you choose and why?  I am leaning Davis because I think they will actively try and get him the ball...at least from the outset.  Once game flow is in place, that could change.  Also not sure if he will be a snap count?  I don't think he will be because if so, why would TENN let him suit up?

Well, that was disappointing(as someone who started him)....but he did make a couple of nice catches and had 5 targets in his first game back against a tough pass defense.  Won't start him next week, but have high hopes for beyond.

worse when ya consider Smith switched to Matthews. Matthews was doing well on "the others" while Davis was swarmed by Smith in the first half
Man, you weren't kidding when you said the Titans run some strange offensive formations. I didn't really factor that in, but it looks like it could be a rather substantial handicap....

Man, you weren't kidding when you said the Titans run some strange offensive formations. I didn't really factor that in, but it looks like it could be a rather substantial handicap....
Yep. I'm gonna screenshot some this afternoon.

I saw 3 RB 2 TE with Decker as TE and Supernaw as a RB. They're so overthinking things

Users who are viewing this thread